英訳メールの確認のお願い

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 大学の学寮に外国人からの電話があり、英訳のメールで返信する必要があるが、英語が得意ではなく困惑している。
  • 寮の選考に関する問い合わせを対応するため、再度申し込みを行う必要がある。
  • 入寮選考には日本語の会話力が必要であり、日本語の勉強を進めることが重要。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英訳メールの確認のお願い

英訳の確認をお願いしたいです。 私は、ある大学の学寮に住んでいるのですが、本日寮宛てに外国人の方から入寮についての電話を頂きました。 その返事を英文メールで送らなければならないのですが、普段英語などほとんど使わず、もともとそんなに得意な方でもないため困ってしまっています。 他に、頼める友達もいないので、ここを頼ることとしました。 どなたか訳の添削をして頂けないでしょうか。 よろしくお願いします。 以下、英文、日本文の順で掲載させてもらいます。 Dear ●● Hi, my name is 〇〇. I'm the man of having got your call this evening,and am a member of the △△ dormitory. Thank you for calling and I'm sorry to be puzzled in that case since it is not used to English conversation for me. Please let me check your business. Is it all right at the inquiry about the application for our dormitory selection? If that is right, please wait for a while now, because it is after next year that the selection starts. The guidance of the selection on HP of □□ University(http://www・・・) will be published in January or February. After this printing is carried out, please apply anew. By the selection, the speaking ability in Japanese is required as it. If our dormitory is expected of you, and you study Japanese from now on, I will think that it is good. Regards, 〇〇 ーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーー ●●さん こんにちわ、私は○○といいます。 夕方の電話を受けた者で、△△寮の寮生です。 お電話ありがとうございました。 そして、その際には戸惑ってしまい申し訳ありませんでした。 私は、普段英語で話す機会があまりないもので。 あなたの用件を確認させて下さい。 あなたの用件は、入寮選考への応募で間違いありませんか。 もしそうであれば、いましばらくお待ち下さい。 なぜなら、入寮選考が始まるのは来年以降だからです。 来年の1月か2月になれば案内が□□大学のホームページを通じて掲示されます。 URLはhttp://www・・・です。 この掲示がされた後、再度申し込みを行って下さい。 入寮選考に際しては、日本語での会話力が求められます。 入寮を希望されるのであれば、今のうちから日本語の勉強をされておくとよいと思います。 ○○

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.2

お書きになった英文をなるべく尊重し、考えてみましたよ。 例えばこんな感じではどうでしょう? I am ....., who answered your call.... .........since I'm not used to...... Could you let me know your.....again? We understand you applied to our......(, right)? If so, I'm afraid we should ask you to wait. ....(in) next year(「来年以降」が再来年になるかもしれないのでしたら、or afterを付けるなど) ........uploaded on the homepage in January or February, 2012. Could you try again after that? On the selection, you need Japanese conversation skill. I would say it is good for you to stard to study/learn Japanese now. selectを使うのは正しいと思いますが、できればあんまり何度も繰り返さないほうがいいかもしれませんね、相手に与える印象が(相手の英語力が分かりませんが)。 あとHPは通じるかどうか分からないので、homepage、web site、blogなどと言っておけば間違いないかと。 寮生という立場でいらっしゃることを念頭に置きました。 ご参考になれば幸いです。

korokoro0127
質問者

お礼

MarcoRossiItalyさん お忙しい中、私の拙い英文の添削をして下さりどうもありがとうございました。 特に、「お書きになった英文をなるべく尊重し」というくだりから、MarcoRossiItalyさんのお心遣いを感じました。 本文で書いたとおり、私は英語が苦手です。 ですので、添削するにしても、原文にこだわらない方がより分かりやすく良い文章になるものと思われます。 そんな中、MarcoRossiItalyさんがなるべく原文を活かす方向で頭を捻りながら考えて下さったことがとても嬉しいです。 どうもありがとうございました。 これで今日電話をかけてきた彼にも適切なコンタクトが取れると思います。 感謝致しております。

その他の回答 (1)

• cincinnati
  • ベストアンサー率46% (606/1293)
回答No.1

Dear Mr. xxxx, My name is xxxx and I am the one who got your call this evening and also one of the students living in this dormitory. Anyway, thank you for calling us, but at the time I received your call, I was a little nervous so that my responses might not be clear to you. I am sorry about that. So I would like to make sure what you want. If you would like to apply for the selection for the acceptance for living in the dormitory, please wait until January or February next year. This university will make an announcement regarding this selection process via URL in the school web pages as follows: http://www..... After the announcement being made, you could try once more. In the selection criteria, some knowledges of Japanese are required. It would help you if you study some Japanese beforehand. Sincerely yours, xxxxx xxxx

korokoro0127
質問者

お礼

cincinnatiさん お忙しい中、私の私的な頼みに応えて下さりどうもありがとうございました。 cincinnatiさんの書いた文章を読み、あまりの読み易さに感嘆しました。 英語を使いこなすとはこういうことを言うのかと思いました。 とても素敵です。 この度は貴重な時間を頂き、どうもありがとうございました。 とても感謝しております。

関連するQ&A

• 英訳をお願い致します

どなたか英訳をお願いいたします。 「人を愛するということに気が付いたいつかのメリークリスマス」 という文章を英訳したいです。 (1)Merry Christmas of the hilt to want to notice the person loved. (2)Of the fifth that noticed loving a person || Merry Christmas という文以外には御座いますでしょうか?(翻訳サイト使用) なるべく短い文章にしたいのですが。 また、「あなたを好きでいられる事を幸せに思うよ」 こちらも英訳したいのですが、 (1)It thinks of you and I think a thing that can be favorite to be happy. (2)I feel that I like you and it is necessary happily 以外には御座いますか?なるべく短い文章にしたいです。(できたらbe happyを使いたくありません) 宜しくお願い致します。

• 和文英訳をお願い致します。

和文英訳をお願い致します。 「あなたの話を聞いて思ったことは、あなたの人生のなかで恋人は居て当たり前なんだと思いました。 結婚前ならともかく結婚後も同じなんだな、と。 あなたの人生にとって私の存在は、その多数の恋人の中の一人なんだろうけど、私はあなたのことが純粋に好きでした。 あなたと私はやはり考え方が違うんだと実感しました。 だからあなたに対して戸惑う態度をしてしまいました。 私も貴方がいつまでも健康で平和でそして幸せであるように祈っています。」 I thought that the lover was and was natural in your life of the desire of your story because of hearing. Be not to the same after it marries at any rate if it is premarital. I purely liked you though my existence might be the one of many in the lover for your life. You and I actually felt that the idea was still different. Therefore, the attitude to be puzzled to you has been done. I also am praying that you are healthy indefinitely, peaceful, and happy. と和文英訳のエキサイトで出ましたがどうも違うように思います。 違うところを直していただきたいです。 よろしくお願い致します。

• 和訳お願い致します。

The point is that, notwithstanding special difficulties in assigning this or that being to one or the other class, the psychological classification which I advocate resembles the zoological classification which I have cited ; it is a valid classification, inasmuch as it recognizes a distinction where there is certainly something to distinguish. For even if we take the most mechanical view of mental processes that is possible, and suppose that conscious intelligence plays no part whatever in determining action, there still remains the fact that such conscious intelligence exists, and that prior to certain actions it is always affected in certain ways. Therefore, even if we suppose that the state of things is, so to speak, accidental, and that the actions in question would always he performed in precisely the same way whether or not they were thus connected with consciousness, it would still remain desirable, for scientific purposes, that a marked distinction should be drawn between cases of activity that proceed without, and those that proceed with this remarkable association with consciousness. As the phenomena of subjectivity are facts at any rate no less real than those of objectivity, if it is found that some of the latter are invariably and faithfully mirrored in those of the former, such pheno mena, for this reason alone, deserve to be placed in a distinct scientific category, even though it were proved that the mirror of subjectivity might be removed without affecting any of the phenomena of objectivity.

• 翻訳お願い致します。

I love pretty much any kind of music, I like watching both American and foreign films and TV shows. I totally understand if your English is incorrect, but you are already past me in learning. I am only a beginner of Japanese and can't create sentences that well. So I'm sorry for any incorrect grammar in the future 宜しくお願い致しますm(__)m

• 好きな人へのメールです。これで伝わりますか?英訳

好きな人へのメールを書いています。 翻訳サイトを使ったりしてぐちゃぐちゃだと思います。 お時間がありましたら、英訳していただけたらとても嬉しいです! いつも簡単な英語でメールしてくれてありがとう。 メールを書くのに時間がかかってしまいます。 翻訳サイトなどを使ったり、ネットで聞いたりして英文を作っています。私の英語は伝わっていますか? Thank you for always E-mailing in easy English. It takes time to write a letter and it does. English is made by using the translation site etc. , and hearing it with the net. Is my English transmitted to you? 私はアメリカで日本人の友達の家に1ヶ月滞在していました。 知っていると思いますが、彼女の夫はアメリカ人です。 その家にはもう1人ルームシェアをしている男性が住んでいました。 私たちは4人で住んでいました。 写真の男性はその男性です。 あなたの家は図書館の近くでしたよね? 1人で住んでいるんですか? 私はStjamesに住んでいたのですぐ近くですね。 I stayed in the house of a Japanese friend for one month in the United States. You know her husband is an American. The man who was sharing the room by another person lived in the house. We lived by four people. The man in the photograph is the man. Your house was near the library. Do you live alone? Because I lived in Stjames, it is the vicinity. 私はいつかまたあなたに会いにアメリカに行きたいです。 そのために仕事を頑張ってお金を貯めなきゃ! I want to go to the America to meet you some time again. Work holds out for that and money is not saved up. どうかどうかよろしくお願いします!!!

• about "JAPANESE WRITING LIBRARY"

Excuse my sending a question in English. Because, my question is the very one about how to do with my pc unable to "write" Japanese. Mine is a Mac OS 8.5 memory 68 disk vacancy 1G This evening I was trying hard to read a picture file on CD-R (file- Win2000 by Illustrator). I needed to use Stuffit Expander but the holder was locked inside the system holder. As I thought I had to delete some of the unnecessary tools, took out Quick Draw tm GX and other tools that seemed OK to me. When I turned on my pc again, it says, "Japanese Reading Librany can't be found, you need to re-install the system software." That is in Japanese and I can read Japanese but cannot write it. I put that Quick Draw again, but pc can't work for writing Japanese. And so, """ What is the name of the file or tool that is necessary for JAPANESE (especially writing) ""??? Could anyone please help me??? And please answer it in "Japanese"!.

• ベストアンサー
    • Mac
  • 翻訳をお願い致します!

In a new interview, former Stone Temple Pilots frontman Scott Weiland has claimed that he isn't angry at Chester Bennington for replacing him in STP. He also claimed he is still an owner of the STP name. Weiland said, “I've known Chester for a long time. I got to be pretty close to him on the (2001) Family Values Tour…I don't think Chester did it in a spiteful way. I'm sure, I mean, the brothers DeLeo can be pretty persuasive.” He added, “My feelings were definitely hurt because it wasn't something that was handled right at all…I don't think that it was smart for them to do that…I've played with them for a long time. But then on another side of it, I can't say that I’m that surprised. There's things that have happened in the past that are somewhat similar…so I guess nothing is totally shocking. But I am surprised…at what they did and without checking the legality of it, how they just decided to go and use the (band) name and go and hire another singer and start playing shows with a name that I still am an owner of.”

• 英訳お願いいたします。

英訳お願いいたします。 I've been thinking and it occurred to me that I didn't hear you speak a lot of Japanese. I'm really looking forward to hear you speak Japanese ... it must be so ... kawaii :) Please speak a lot of Japanese when you come to Osaka なんとなーくの意味は分かったのですが‥ (あなたの日本語を聞いたことないわ‥と言うニュアンスかな?と解釈しました) 宜しくお願いします。

• 英訳を見てください

英訳をしたんですが、間違いがあれば指摘して欲しいです。 都市生活で嫌なところの1つは、エレベーターに乗ることだ。乗ること自体は何も問題ではない。 快適で安全だし無料である。しかし、あの沈黙には閉口する。他人と一緒に狭い空間に閉じ込められ 一言も口をきかないでいるのは、どことなく奇妙なものだ。エレベーターで知らない人に言えるのは、 せいぜい「9階お願いします」ということくらいだ。 The one of dislike in an urban life is taking an elevator. Taking itself is no problem. It is a comfortable, safe and free. But I am embarrassed at the silence. It is somehow strange that I am locked with others in narrow space and everbody is silence. I can say the person I don't know in the elevator is that "please, nine floor" at most. 冠詞などが不安です。文章でおかしな点があれば指摘して欲しいです。 おねがいします。

• 英文メールの内容確認をお願い致します。

日本文の内容が伝わるかの内容を確認して頂けますでしょうか。 (内容) 連絡が遅くなり申し訳ございません。 代替品を無償で送ってくれることにとても感謝しています。 今回のダメージの発生原因については、現在A社の担当者が調査をしているところです。進展が有りましたらご連絡します。 ここで、我々の商品に対する受入れ基準についてご連絡します。 添付の写真を参照ください。 我々は箱自体も商品として扱っています。そのため、箱に穴や傷また他のラベルがあるだけでもその商品の販売をしていません。 申し訳ないのですが、問題の無い中の紙だけでの販売をしてないのが現状です。 今後は、出荷前に穴や傷そしてラベルが無いかなどのチェックをしていただき、品質の判断が難しい時は、我々にその商品の写真を送って下さい。 担当者が判断し、折り返しご連絡致します。 そうすればトラブルは減少すると思います。 I am sorry for the delay in my response. We are very grateful to provide the paper to us free of charge. In addition, now, the A Inc. person in charge is just going to investigate the cause of generating of this damage. I will contact you, if there is progress. Here, I will contact you about the acceptance standard over our product. Please refer to an attached photograph. We are treating the box itself as product. Therefore, that a box has a hole, a crack, and other labels has not sold the product. Although I am sorry, the present condition is not sold sale only in the paper of satisfactory inside. From now on, please have you check for a hole, a crack, and a label before shipment, and when judgment of quality is difficult, send the photograph of the product to us. A person in charge will judge and contact you by return. Then, I think that a trouble decreases.