• ベストアンサー

参考書に掲載されている英文について質問です

I would rid the Earth of all such material by sending it up in rockets aimed at one of the black holes in outer space (私は、宇宙空間にあるブラックホールの1つに向けたロケットに入れて打ち上げることによって、 地球からすべてそのような物質を取り除くだろう) 質問:it=such materialですか? 質問2:in~の前置詞句とsending it upの関係は、「ロケットに(そのような物質を)入れて打ち上げる」というようなものですか?

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

質問1 正確には, all such material を指します。 material が不可算名詞として使われ,その物質全体,という感じ。 質問2 そのとおりです。 人がロケットに乗る前は, send animals up in rockets でしたね。

wantanton
質問者

お礼

丁重なご回答ありがとうございます!そしてお礼遅れてしまい申し訳ありません、、 だいたい納得できました! 補足的情報までありがとうございます!

その他の回答 (1)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.2

質問1:it=such materialですか?  はい。 質問2:in~の前置詞句とsending it upの関係は、「ロケットに(そのような物質を)入れて打ち上げる」というようなものですか?  はい、そうだと思います。

wantanton
質問者

お礼

丁重なご回答ありがとうございます!そしてお礼遅れてしまい申し訳ありません、、 簡潔なご回答ありがとうございます!

関連するQ&A

• 英文の和訳で困っています 和訳を教えてください

英文の和訳で困っています 和訳を教えていただきたいです よろしくお願いします!! The next day discontent was reflected in a spontaneous mass uprising all over the GDR, in the course of which there were demonstrations and strikes in more than 560 areas, above all, in the industrial centres. Around 10 per cent of workers played an active part. Initially economic demands were aimed at a cancellation of the increases in production norms. The GDR leadership lost control of the situation. Without Russian backing it would have lost the battle and been strung up.

• 英文の質問です

When dealing with technology, it's easy to become caught up in the mechanics of the system, focusing more on using the software than the goals it(*) was designed to help us achieve. (1)和訳してください (2)(*) 部のitは何をさすのでしょうか? 以上、ご教授下さい。よろしくお願いいたします。

• 下記英文の解釈について質問があります。(2)

What was recording at the University of York Music Research Centre like? After a day or so of getting the technical setup out of the way, the rest of the time was mostly smooth and really fun. I’d often spend the morning working, break for lunch with everyone, and then work until dinner, break for dinner, and then head back into the studio by myself after midnight and work for a couple more hours. Because I was concentrating on collecting source material for the album I didn’t feel an enormous pressure to get everything right. I recorded hours and hours of material but it didn’t matter if some of it wasn’t as good as others, as it was all material I could pick apart later. It didn’t have to be perfect which made the whole experience that much more relaxed and freed me up to try various things I wouldn’t have otherwise tried. Besides music, we took some time off to drive around the English countryside, ate a lot of amazing food and hit the pub every night, discovering a great German beer that no one else liked … except Theo! この文章のほぼ全ては理解できるのですが、少しわからないところがあります。 Q1  I recorded hours and hours of material but it didn’t matter if some of it wasn’t as good as others, as it was all material I could pick apart later. It didn’t have to be perfect which made the whole experience that much more relaxed and freed me up to try various things I wouldn’t have otherwise tried. 私は素材のレコーディングに何時間も何時間もかけた。しかし、仮にレコーディングした素材のいくつかが、他のものほど良くなくてもそれは問題ではなかった。 この次の、as it was all material I could pick apart later.ですが、 ここがよくわかりません。このasはなぜならばとして訳せばよいでしょうか? それと、it was all that material which I could pick apart later.が正式な文章ですよね? 次のセンテンスのitはレコーディングした素材のことで、レコーディングした素材が完璧である必要は無い。までで、やはり構造的にどうも理解できないです。 perfectを先行詞としたwhichの文章 experienceを先行詞としたthatの文章 そしてそれ以降があやふやです・・・。 長くなってしまいましたが、よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英文についての質問

・The term "totalitarianism" became a powerful mobilizing concept in the ideological struggle of the Cold war. ・Initially used to describe states ruled by political parties on the extreme right, "totalitarian" came to be used to describe politics on the extreme left-such as communism as well. ・Stalin gained control by blackmailing many of the leaders in the communist government. ⇨It came to be used to describe politics on the extreme left-such as communism. 2行目の文をこのように短くしたのですが、意味は通じますか? あと、もしわかるようであれば、 ”totalitarianism"について説明しているのですが、2行目の文は省いても特に問題ないでしょうか? やはりちゃんと説明した方がいいでしょうか? よろしくお願いします。

• 英文の翻訳をお願いします。

eBAyで買い物をして、外箱を傷つけないように送ってくれという内容のメールを送ったら返信が来ました。どなたか翻訳して頂けますか? The item you purchased does have the outer wrapping off of it. I did mention this in the descsiption. I do have one the does have the wrapping still on it. Please advise me.

• 英文の和訳について

The embassy cables will be released in stages over the next few months. The subject matter of these cables is of such importance, and the geographical spread so broad, that to do otherwise would not do this material justice. という文章の2文目がどう訳して良いのかわかりません、どなたか教えてください。 ここでのcableは公電の意味です

• 英文の和訳と英文解釈をお願いします。

This operation requires the special device. Considering that in such situation of crisis the availability of this device, is not sure as for example because of absence of the electric power supply line, it could be interesting to keep a manual handling device available, stored in the facility and mentioned in the procedures. 和訳と、文法解説をお願いします。 宜しくお願いします。

• 英文の解釈について (will など)

よろしくお願いします。 いつもお世話になっています。 (1)Many peole believe that if a black cat crosses in front of them, it will mean bad luck for the day. (2)In England, many people belive that if a black cat walks toward a person, it means good luck for the day. (3)The English often keep black cats in order to bring them good luck. 上記の文章について質問させて頂きます。 a. 1 では it の後に will がありますが、2 ではありません。 これは、なぜでしょうか? b. 1 では、crosses in front of といっているのを、2 では、walks toward といっています。 もし、和訳するとなると、それぞれをどのように訳せば良いでしょうか? 以上、どうぞ宜しくお願い致します。

• 英文の訳が分かりません

英文の訳が分かりません。 in representing the coffee-house these literary materials , more than anything else, established and confirmed the place of coffee in modern urban life. It is in the nature of satire to exaggerate what it describes, to heighten foolishness and vice, and to portray its material in the most colourful language. The coffee-house satires can nevertheless be considered not only as works of literature but also as historical evidence: these low and crude satires are not a simple criticism of coffee-house life, but part of their conversation, one voice in the ongoing discussion of the social life of the city. この英文をできれば全訳していただけると嬉しいです。

• 英文についての質問です。

My passionate interest in social justice and social responsibility has always stood in curious contrast to a marked lack of desire for direct association with men and women. I am a horse for single harness, not cut out for tandem or team work. I have never belonged wholeheartedly to country or state, to my circle of friends, or even to my own family. These ties have always been accompanied by a vague aloofness, and the wish to withdraw into myself increases with the years. Such isolation is sometimes bitter, but I do not regret being cut off from the understanding and sympathy of other men. I lose something by it, to be sure, but I am compensated for it in being rendered independent of the customs, opinions, and prejudices of others, and am not tempted to rest my peace of mind upon such shifting foundations. (What I Believe by A. Einstein) 意味がとれないところを教えてください。 1)My passionate interest in social justice and social responsibility has always stood in curious contrast to a marked lack of desire for direct association with men and women. a marked lack of desire for direct association with men and women.は、 男女の直接的な付き合いに対する要求の著しい欠如、ですか? stood in curious contrast とはどういう意味ですか? (特にcuriousの意味合いが掴みにくいです) 一般的な男女間のことには興味がない、というようなことを言っているのでしょうか? 2)I am a horse for single harness 私はたったひとつの馬具のための馬です(?)とはどういう意味ですか? よろしくお願いいたします。