• ベストアンサー

高校の課題の和訳です。かなり困ってます・・・

Perhaps the most interesting thing about these contrasting approaches to speech-making is the light they shed on how extremely hard it is for anyone to break out of his own particular polite fiction. polite fiction という言葉は説明が長くなるので、英語のままでいいです。 よろしくお願いします!!

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.1

まずなすべきは、全体的な文の構造を見ること。 → Perhaps [the most interesting thing about these contrasting approaches to speech-making] is [the light they shed on how extremely hard it is for anyone to break out of his own particular polite fiction]. [ ] が2つ、is の前後に置ける。すると、A is B という文の構造をしているということが分る。 A = the most interesting thing about these contrasting approaches to speech-making 部分的に意味を取ってみると、 the most interesting thing 最も面白い(興味深い)こと about these contrasting approaches これらの対照的なアプローチについて to speech-making スピーチをすることに対する 後はこれらをつなげて、意味の通る訳文にすればいい。 B = the light they shed on how extremely hard it is for anyone to break out of his own particular polite fiction 長いので、細切れにしてしまうと、 → the light [they shed] on [how extremely hard it is] [for anyone] [to break out of his own particular polite fiction] the light they shed は前半と後半に分かれていて、後半が前半を修飾している。the light (they shed) としてもいい (「それらの発する光」)。 すると、the light on X (X に対する光) という形の文であろうと、大雑把に把握できる。 how extremely hard it is それは何と極端に強いものであるか for anyone 誰にとっても to break out of his own particular polite fiction 彼自身の特別な polite fiction を破壊して外に出ること これらを総合して、この文にいたるまでの文脈を考慮して統一した訳文にすればよいわけです。 * なお、このような投稿をする場合には、自分なりの訳文(不正確であっても構わないし、むしろ正確なものであればここに投稿する必要もないでしょう)も、示した上で投稿することが好ましいと思います。その場合は、訳文の誤っている部分を訂正したものを回答者が示してくれるかもしれないので、正しい訳文にたどりつくことができると思います。

b747lcf
質問者

お礼

確かにおっしゃる通りですね! 自分なりにも考えましたが、これからはそれも、掲載しようと思います。 回答ありがとうございました!

関連するQ&A

• 和訳お願いします!

Barkley believes that what he does in his private life is his own business and should not be important to anyone else. I do not think it's your decision to make. お願いします(>_<)

• 和訳してください。

Or perhaps we should say rather that the dichotomy between primitive and revealed religions is false, for there is a sense in which all religious are religions of revelation; the world around them and their reason have everywhere revealed to people something of the divine, of their own nature and destiny.

• 和訳お願いします。 すみません。

(1) I always think of them as being quite different. As for keeping myself dry, there is evidently no one here who can at all appreciate an emotional nature. Fortunately for myself , I don't care. The only thing that sustains one through life is the consciousness of the immense inferiority of everybody else, and this is a feeling that I have always cultivated. (2)But none of you have any hearts. Here you are laughing and making merry just as if the Prince and Princess had not just been married. (3)“Well, really,” wxclaimed a small Fire-balloon, “why not? It is a most joyful occasion, and when I soar up into the air I intend to tell the stars all about it. You will see them twinkle when I talk to them about the pretty bride” (4)“Ah ! what a trivial view of life ! ” said the Rocket: “but it is only what I expected. There is nothing in you; you are hollow and empty. Why, perhaps the Prince and Princess may go to live in a country where there is a deep river, and perhaps they may have one only son, a little fair-haired boy with violet eyes like the Prince himself; and perhaps some day he may go out to walk with his nurse; and perhaps the nurse may go to sleep under a great elder-tree; and perhaps the little boy may fall into the deep river and be drowned. What a terrible misfortune ! Poor people, to lose their only son ! It is really too dreadful ! I shall never get over it.”

• 長文の和訳です

かなり難しい文ですが、これを訳せる人いますか・・・? (At a particular stage of social progress they are invaluable expedients for overcoming the rigidity of law, and, indeed, without one of them, the Fiction of Adoption which permits the family tie to be artificially created, it is difficult to understand how society would ever have escaped from its swadding-clothes, and taken its first steps towards civilisation.)

• 和訳をして、空欄を埋めてください。

I A story is not merely an image of life, but of life in motion -- specifically, the presentation of individual characters moving through their particular experiences to some end that we may accept as meaningful. And the experience that is characteristically presented in a story is that of facing a problem, a conflict. To put it bluntly: no conflict, no story. II It is no wonder that conflict should be at the center of fiction, for conflict is at the center of life.But why should we, when we have the contrast and often painful experience of conflict in life, and yearn for inner peace, turn to fiction, which centers on conflict?The fact is that our attitude toward conflict is difficult to understand.If we do find a totally satisfactory adjustment in life we tend to sink into boredom.Only when our surroundings - or we ourselves - become problematic again do we wake up and feel that rush of energy which is life.And life more abundantly lives is what we seek. III So, even at the same time as we yearn for peace, we also yearn for the problematic.Explorers, sportspersons, gamblers, children playing hide-and-seek, teenage boys choosing up sides for a game of baseball, spectators cheering in a stadium - we all, in fact, seek out or create problematic situations of greater or lesser intensity.Such situations give us sense of heightened energy, a stronger sense of life.And fiction, too, gives us that heightened awareness of life, with all the fresh opportunity to release the rich emotional charge - tears, laughter, tenderness, sympathy, hate, love, and irony - that is stored up in us and can make us feel (5) with the accustomed.Furthermore, this heightened awareness ban be more fully enjoyed in fiction, because what in actually would be the threat of the problematic is here restricted to mere imagination, and because some kind of resolution of the problem is promised. (5) 1.bored 2.satisfied 3.disappointed 4.frustrated IV The story promises us a resolution, and we wait in suspense to learn how things will come out.We are in suspense, not only about what will happen, but even more about what the event will mean.We are in suspense about the story we are reading because weare in suspense about another story far closer and more important to us - the story of our own lives as we live them.We do not yet know how that story is going to come out. We do not yet know what it will mean. So, in that deep uncertainty about our own lives, which will be echoed in the suspense we feel about the story in fiction, we turn to fiction for some hint about the stories in the lives we live.The relation of our own lives to fictional lives is what, in a fundamental sense, attracts us to fiction.

• 英語不定詞について質問です。

A bicycle is a handy thing to own. 自転車は持っていると便利なものです。 いみはなんとなくわかりますが、この"to own"は文法的にしっかり理解できません。 これは副詞的用法ですか?ただ副詞的用法で調べてもあてはまる解説がないように思います。 解説をお願いします。

• 和訳をお願いします

Chance meetings are all around us. New and interesting people and great opportunities are dished up to us daily if we’re willing to sport them and seize them. Don’t be someone who sits on the sidelines and says, “I never seem to meet anyone interesting.” If that’s you, then it’s time to try a little harder. The opportunities are there; you’re just not tuning in to them. Whatever it is you want to succeed in, achieve or communicate to the world, chance meetings can be a valuable tool to help get you there. という文章があるのですが 最後の Whatever it is you want to succeed in, achieve or communicate to the world, chance meetings can be a valuable tool to help get you there. の文構造が取れず、訳せません 英語ができる方、よろしくお願いします

• 和訳をお願いします(@_@;)

For a long time many people thought that learning to read was like learning to understand a spoken language- that it was a netural process. For example, it was thought that most children would learn to read naturally if they were in an environment with lots of books and were allowed to develop reading skills in their own way. The idea that reading is a natural process is quite common among educators, but actually learning to read is as difficult as learning to juggle while riding a unicycle backwards. The truth is that learning to read is one of the most unnatural things anyone can do. 長くなって申し訳ありませんが、上の英文の和訳を教えてください(>_<)

• 和訳をお願いいたします

英文を和訳していただけるかたのみで お願いできますでしょうか? 1段落の後半と2段落になりますので 中途半端だと思いますが、 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 He has a passing interest in small air craft. And traction, or steam engines. He may be interested in conservation and preservation of the countryside and preservation of the past. Likes working museum, and outdoor museums that preserve old machinery and old trains, old working ways. Travel. Likes to read adventure stories. He likes to have a social life, drinks party’s, or dinner party’s with friends, or meeting people who are interesting and adventurous to talk to. He will be loyal and faithful to you in marriage. This is not difficult for him. He will be devoted to you. To return to the description. I have described his hands, but His feet I have not much dwelt on, it is perhaps the remaining thing to describe, to complete the detail of the portrait and make it more perfect.

• 高校英語の和訳

高校英語の和訳 The lies that politicians make during election campaigns are another category of "semi" lies. For example, a certain politician might promise to do a certain thing if elected, but when he is elected he might find that what he promised is either impossible or not sensible. When he turns his pre-election promise into a lie by not carrying out, we could say that the politician was simply making the compromises and practicing the pragmatism which is politics. More cynically, we could say that the politician was a dishonest lier who would promise you anything to get your vote. This is the problem with lying. In some situations it is impossible to tell with absolute certainly whether someone is lying or telling the truth. More or less, we ourselves are forced to become the ultimate judge of what is the truth and what is a lie. You could say that in a certain situation we create truth and untruth. これの和訳をお願いします><