• ベストアンサー

It occurs to Grace that s

It occurs to Grace that she would hold a party for them.下記のように書き換え可能ですか? It occurs to Grace who would hold a party for them No sooner had she run out of the building than it fell down hadって過去完了形ですか? sheの前にでているのは決まりなのですか?

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

It occurs to Grace that she would hold a party for them. を It occurs to Grace who would hold a party for them. とは書き換えできません。 この that は関係代名詞ではありません。 it occurs to 人 that ... で「人が...しようとふと思いつく」のような意味で、 この that は I think that などと同じ接続詞です。 前の Grace が先行詞となっているわけではありません。 したがって、who に換えることはできません。 No sooner had she run out of the building than it fell down. had だけというのでなく、had run で過去完了です。 She had no sooner run out of the building than it fell down. が普通の言い方なのですが、ここで no sooner という否定部分を前に出すと、 倒置(疑問文の語順)になります。

gklkjoo
質問者

お礼

わかりました。ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• It would be like me to

This morning my work email brought a message from a woman I haven’t seen in more than five years. We worked together (different departments, same university) in early 2011. At first I thought the email was a mistake—meant for someone else with my name—because I didn’t recognize the sender’s name. But then I remembered her. She and I had lunch or dinner together a couple of times when I lived in that city, and we talked about work stuff; both of us were from someplace else and neither had many friends there. It wasn’t what I would call a friendship. Her email says that she is coming to my current city for a particular art exhibit and that she would like to see me (maybe catch the art show together), and asked whether I would be interested in meeting when she’s here. I’m not. I remember so little about her. After all this time, do I owe her a reply? In fairness to her, I probably said something like, “If you ever come to [my city], let me know.” It would be like me to issue such an invitation never thinking she’d take me up on it. It would be like meはどう訳したら良いでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• it would to??

文脈型単語集「ダイアローグ1800」を使って勉強中です。 (内容はいいのですが、文法の解説は全くのっていないのです) この本文の中に 「2週間ホテルに泊まるより、2日入院するほうが高い」            ↓ 「it cost more to stay in the hospital for two days than it would to stay in the most luxurious hotel a fortonight」 という1文がありました。 なぜこの「it would」が必要なんでしょうか? 「もしとまることがあったとしたら」という仮定法なのかと思いましたが、 wouldに続いてto不定詞が来る形をあまり見慣れず、すこし戸惑い気味です。

• occurの意味とAnd it would occur that whenのitとthatの指すものは?

And his sons went and held a banquet at the house of each one on his own day; and they sent and invited their three sisters to eat and drink with them. And it would occur that when the banquet days had gone round the circuit, Job would send and sanctify them; and he got up early in the morning and offered up burnt sacrifices according to the number of all of them; for, said Job, “maybe my sons have sinned and have cursed God in their heart.” That is the way Job would do always. という英文を訳さねばなりませんが、この2文目の前半の訳し方を教えてください。occurの意味とその前後のitとthatの訳し方に苦戦してます。 宿題の説話の英訳ですが、聖書の一文のようです。 お願いします。

• what it feels like toに関して

こんにちは。 Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix [UK, adult版] p.606 上の方の文に関してです。 Susan Bones, whose uncle, aunt and cousins had all died at the hands of one of the ten, said miserably during Herbology that she now had a good idea what it felt like to be Harry. この文の" she now had a good idea what it felt like to be Harry."の部分です。 日本語訳では、"ハリーの気持ちがいまやっとわかった"となっています。 「what it feels like to be」で「~の気持ちがわかる」となると思うのですが、どうしてそういう意味になるのかわかりません、文法的にどういう風に解釈すればよいのでしょうか? 教えてください。 また、"what do you feel ...."と"How do you fell ..."はどう違うのでしょうか? どのように使い分ければよいのでしょうか? 少し、こんがらがっております。 教えてください。よろしくお願いします。

• 訳を教えてください。

No sooner had she got well than she fell in again. この文章の訳し方を教えてください、 よろしくお願いします。

• It is 形容詞 that Sに置き換えられる物

It is difficult for Kate to swim across this lake.     (この湖を泳いで渡ることはケイトには難しい)     このような場合は,difficult for Kate (ケイトにとって難しい)とい    う結びつきが強く感じられるため. It is difficult that Kate~という形    で表すことはしない,このタイプの形容詞は難易などを示すむのが多い。 とあり、逆にIt is ~ that ~で表せられるものとして It is not strange for them to get so angry.が例文としてあったのですが、 結び付きが強い・弱いとはどういう意味ですか? 線引きが難しくないですか?

• put them up to it

My mother complains constantly that her teenage grandchildren do not call or text her; however, she does not call or text them either, claiming, "I just don't want to bug anybody." On the rare occasion that she does reach out, usually via text, she is never satisfied with their response. I encourage my children to text her, but she accuses me of putting them up to it. putting them up to itはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• fall to one's kneesについて

参考書に When she visited the grave, she fell to her knees at the sight of it. (その墓を訪れた時、それを見て彼女はがっくりと膝を落とした) という英文が載ってました。 確かfall on one's kneesで「ひざまずく」という熟語があったと思うんですけど、上のfall to one's kneesも熟語なんですか? 2つの意味の違いもよく分からないのですが…。

• 英語の宿題です。並び替えです

英語の宿題です。並び替えです 彼と結婚することに同意するとすぐに彼女は重大な疑問を持ち始めた (agreed,to,marry,than,she,him,to,have,had,serious doubts,she,began) No soonerのあとに続くように お願いします

• thatと;と:について

会話の"I have to study." を直すと He said he had to study.  というようになる間接話法の中の文なのですが、 そこで "I'm excited about my new job. I've found a nice apartment." を直すと答えが She said she was excited about her new job and (that she) had found a nice apartment. と書いてありました。 ( )の中の文は省略できるようなのですが、もし省略しないときにthat she で、she はだいたいなぜぞこにあるのか理解できたのですが、thatはなんの役目なのでしょうか? どうもandの後にthat くるのがよくわかりません。 あともう一つ、文章を書くときの : と ; の違いと使い方がよくわかりません。;の場合の文で I had too much dinner; however, I am hungry now. のような;の使い方は理解できたのですが、他はどのようなときに使うのですか?また、:はどのようなときに使うのですか? 分かりにくい文章ですみません。 よろしくお願いします。