• ベストアンサー

I owe what I am today to my teacher

I owe what I am today to my teacher.の訳を教えてください He is not such a fool as you thought him to be.の訳を教えてください

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

「今の私があるのは、先生のおかげです。」 「彼はあなたが思っていたほど愚かではないよ。」かな(^^)

関連するQ&A

• What S V構文?

I couldn't make out what my teacher was saying. 私は先生が言った事を理解できません。と訳したのですが、 I owe what I am today to my parents. こちらの訳がうまくいきません。 訳とどのようにして訳したか教えてください。 よろしくおねがいします。

• Am I to be

I'm a professional woman with a wonderful husband-to-be and lots of close, amazing friends. To say the least, my twin and I do not have a good relationship. Am I to be subjected to her unkind behavior on such a happy day because it is the "proper" thing to do? Am I to be のところはWill I beということでしょうか?その場合、何かニュアンスの違いはあるのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 「I am happy for my son to~」 はOKでしょうか?

英語再勉強中の者です。 I am happy・・・・・という文に於いて、 「that節」→「for~to不定詞」への置換は可能でしょうか? 例としまして、 I am happy that my son passed the exam. →I am happy for my son to have passed the exam. の置換はOKでしょうか? 英語得意な方、宜しくお願いします。

• what I am about

I have been seeing a woman who is 21 years younger than I am. She says she loves me, but I am hesitant because of our age difference. We have known each other for years. She had a crush on me when she was 16, but I was married at the time, and she was too young. We made love a couple of times when she was in her 20s because I was divorced and she was single. Now it's 10 years later. I'm in my late 50s; she's in her 30s. We are both single, and she wants to take care of me for the rest of my life. She brings me lunch every once in a while, which I am amazed at because it's a long drive from where she lives. I worry about what other people will think, but she doesn't care and says she wants to love me and care for me because she knows what I am about. what I am aboutはどのような意味でしょうか?what I amとどう違うのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• what he was と what he used to beについて

He is not what he was.(彼は昔の彼ではない)は He is not what he used to be.と書き換えられますが。 He is not what he was 10 years ago.を He is not what he used to be 10 years ago.としても文法的に正しいですか? used to beを使う場合は~years agoと表現することはできないのでしょうか? 専門家の方に回答をおねがいします。

• what happen to him?

what happen to him? ってdid heが省略されているのですか?なぜ whatが主語として機能しているのですか? この用例というのは where とかにでも使えますか?

• I am supposed to meet him here.

I am supposed to meet him here. という文の文型はどうなりますでしょうか? 1,I(S)am (V) supposed to meet him here.(C) 2,I (S) am supposed to (何か助動詞的なもの) meet (V) him here. (C) このどちらかは正解でしょうか? 簡単な英文なのですが自分で説明できないことに気づきました。 どなたか教えていただけますようお願いします。

• My dog seemed to have understood what I ...

what 以降なのですが、         My dog seemed to have understood what I had said. It seemed that my dog had understood what I had said.         で正しいですか?    それとも、一番目の文は have understood に合わせて what I have said にするのでしょうか?    (でも、そうすると seemed の時制には合わないですよね・・・?)

• what I said to you is ...

What I said to you is come from my dive heart believe or not is up to you ...... ”私があなたに言ったことは 私の心の奥底からのものです。 信じるか信じないかはあなた次第です。” こんなニュアンスの意味でしょうか?

• What Mike said to me hurt my feelin

What Mike said to me hurt my feelings, but I guess I can ( ) him this time. 1,forgive 2,permit 3,tolerate 4,allow TOEICに関する問題です。上記の英文の訳と解答の方をよろしくお願いします。微妙なニュアンスが分かりません。 課題として出されたのですが、訳がしっくりこず、単語自体のニュアンスも辞書で調べましたが、イマイチ理解できません。詳しい方よろしくお願いします。