Clouds of the Storm: The Younger Years of Adventurer Murdock Leonard

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Clouds of the Storm is a film that takes us back to the younger days of adventurer Murdock Leonard.
  • The film stars Han Waitsfield, who not only plays the role of Murdock Leonard but also narrates the story.
  • The phrase 'brings back adventurer Murdock Leonard as a younger man' indicates that the film explores the early days of Murdock Leonard's adventures.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英文の解説をお願いします。

英文の解説をお願いします。 Clouds of the Storm brings back adventurer Murdock Leonard as a younger man, played again by Han Waitsfield, who also narrates the film. 訳 『嵐の雲』は、冒険者マードック・レオナルドの若き日にさかのぼる。演じるのは再びハン・ウェイツフィールドで、彼が映画のナレーションも担当している。 brings back adventurer Murdock Leonard as a younger man の部分がよく分かりません。bring back~as~がどうして上の訳になるのでしょう。 宜しくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • d-y
  • ベストアンサー率46% (1528/3312)
回答No.1

「『嵐の雲』は、冒険者マードック・レオナルドの若き日にさかのぼる」は、意訳ですね。 素直に訳すと、  『嵐の雲』は、冒険者マードック・レオナルドを若者として連れ戻す。 になります。 ちょっと余計な言葉を足して言うと  今回の新作映画『嵐の雲』は、前回ハン・ウェイツフィールドが中年or老年(?)時代を演じた  冒険者マードック・レオナルドを、若者として(映画のスクリーン上に)連れ戻す。 ということでしょう。

関連するQ&A

• 物を借りるときの会話

A: Can I borrow your laptop ? B: Okay , but when you're finished bring it right back. You're finished be動詞+過去分詞=受身だとおもいますが、なぜ受身をつかうのでしょうか?   bring=も動詞 『持っていく』、are finisedも動詞とかんがえるのではないのでしょうか?そうすると、動詞が2つ?  B: I get it back as soon as you're done. この訳が、「終わったらちゃんと返してね。」   とありました   私は、「終わったらすぐ返してね」思っていたので、 ここで、上記のYou're finised bring it right back.を使ってもいいように思うのですが?  またget に違和感があります。get=得る 手に入れる。ですよね。  『私は、あなたが終わったらすぐ受け取る」=返してとなる? とても回りくどい言い方のように感じますが、決まり文句として覚えればいいのでしょうか? 回答よろしくお願いします。

• 英文和訳

What could we do instead during the next 10 years? What should we do during the next 10 years? Some of our greatest accomplishments as a nation have resulted from commitments to reach a goal that fell well beyond the next election: the Marshall Plan, Social Security, the interstate highway system. But a political promise to do something 40 years from now is universally ignored because everyone knows that it's totally meaningless. Ten years is about the maximum time that we as a nation can hold a steady aim and hit our target. When President Jone F Kennedy challenged our nation to land a man on the moon and bring him back safely in 10 years, many people doubted we could accomplish that goal. But 8 years and 2 months later, Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin walked on the surface of the moon and planted the American flag. 2008年7月17日のアル・ゴアの演説の一部です。どなたか訳お願いしますm(__)m

• 英文の訳

自分でやってみましたが納得がいくほどうまく出来ないので、訳お願いします。 The evening lights,coloring the nights busy avenues,down the street brings back memories of you, Now I am watching,as lovers pass me by,finding your shadows,in the views of my eyes In the fall of the cold Hold on to all that we had remembering and love me again I'm so depressed living,a quiet life now, There is no one here,in which to hold hands,or protect me from the cold Feeling like this loneliness will tear me apart I am waitng and looking for you voice To get me out of the dark Snowflakes fall like the tears that running down my face Being in the silence of the night Fall into my arms and I'll hold you so tight My kiss will guide our missing hearts and tell me you'll love again

• 英文解説お願いします。

英文解説お願いします。 His scheme would employ up to 16 trillion minute spacecraft, each weighing about one gram, to form a transparent, sunlight-refracting sunshade in an orbit 1.5 million km above the Earth. ➀ここでのemployはmake use ofと同じ意味ですか? ➁transparentは名詞ですか? (3)和訳お願いします。

• 英文解説おねがいします。

英文解説お願いします。海外ドラマ、ゲームシェーカーズのラップ曲「what drop that」なので、独自の英語の可能性もあります。 You know the whole squad filthy,yeah.we papered up. みんな集まったか? Brisk,so icy mah I'm ballin' eberyday. 毎日やりたくなるこれって、すごくないか? よろしくおねがいします。

• 英文の解説おねがいします

None of this nudity and gramophones half the night. 1. ここに出てくるthisはなぜtheseのような複数形でなくていいのですか? 2. half the night の部分 夜中までnudity and gramophonesが無いのか(夜中以降は有る) 夜中までのnudity and gramophonesなのか どちらですか?

• 英文の解説をお願いします

If she saw me out of the corner of her eyes she gave no hint of it. フィツジェラルドの「グレート・ギャツビー」の文です。 翻訳では「彼女は目の片隅で私を見たかもしれないが、それらしい気配を見せなかった」という感じだったんですが、なぜこうなるのかわかりません。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英文の解説をお願いします。

英文の構造が、よくわかりません。わかるかがいましたら解説をお願いします。 【And many sharks die when fishermen harvesting other kinds of fish pull in sharks by accident. 】 pull in sharks by accidentの部分とその前の部分のつながりがよくわかりません。 また下記のように訳してみました。 【多くのサメが、漁師が他の種類の魚を捕獲するときに、アクシデントで死にます。】 よろしくお願いします。

• 英文の解説をお願いします。

下記の文章の is with のところの文法的な説明をお願いできませんでしょうか。文章の意味はなんとなくわかるのですが。 Dr. Anthony is with the United States National Institutes of Health which paid for the study. よろしくお願いします。

• 英文の解説をお願いします。

下記の英文の構造を解説してもらえませんか。for every person 以降がわからないです。よろしくお願いします。 In sub-Saharan Africa, the area hardest hit by AIDS, for every person who gets treated, two others go untreated. 上記の前の文は下記のとおりであり、次のように訳してみました。 The study shows the value in testing and treating HIV before a person even feels sick enough to see a doctor. But in many countries, public health budgets are already stretched thin. 研究結果は、病院にいく必要があるくらいの症状がでるまえにテストを受けること、治療を行うことの価値を示している。しかしながら、多くの国では、公衆衛生の予算が足りなくなってきている。