• 締切済み

宜しくお願いします

宜しくお願いします 文法初学者です Mr. Timit's history of reckless driving led to his driver's license being revoked for one year. ティミット氏は無謀な運転を繰り返したせいで、1年間免許停止になった。 という文章があります(Iknow 現smart.fmからの抜粋) being revoked とありますがwas revokedとはならないのでしょうか? 宜しくおねがします

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数3

みんなの回答

• haru2121
  • ベストアンサー率50% (83/163)
回答No.1

文法用語はよく分らないのですが、 Mr Timit's history of reckless driving を主語と考えれば、 led (to) が動詞 his driver's license が述語(目的語?) being revoked for one year は、license を修飾している部分ですから、 (どんな状態のlicenseにしてしまったか、という説明) was revoked とすると、また別の文が出来てしまうことになります。 ですから、この場合は、being になります。 どうしてもwasを使いたい場合は、 Because of his history of reckless driving, Mr.timit's driver's license was revoked for one year. という構文になるかと思います。 (文法的な説明は、他の回答者を参考にして下さいね)

関連するQ&A

• 友人に訳してくださいと言われましたが・・・

書類なのでうまく翻訳できません。 よろしくお願いいたします。 1. This is to certify that Driving License No.7011 was conferred on 28th October 2008 by the Driving License Branch of the Sind Police, Hyderabad, in favour of Mr.○○ s/o Mr.○○. 2. Mr.○○ possesses Pakistani passport No.25468 issued in Pakistan on 16th September 2010. His date of birth is 10th May 1980. 3. It is reiterated that the license in question is genuine and its validity is confined to Motor Cars & Motor Cycles only. This document is legally binding until 9th January 2015. です。 ※数字と名前は実際と違うように書きました。

• よろしくお願いします

Your predecessor Ann Landers published a poem called "Dead at Seventeen" to get the attention of new drivers and impress upon them the dangers and responsibilities of driving a car. Might you have that on file somewhere? I have a 17-year-old granddaughter with a new driver's license, whom I'd like to see it. Might you haveはDo you happen to haveみたいな意味でしょうか?あと、whom I'd like to see itが文法的に分かりません。whomの後に完全な文体があるのはOKなのでしょうか?whomはgranddaughterにかかっているのですよね?I have a 17-year-old granddaughter with a new driver's license, whom I'd like to see it.全体の意味もよろしくお願いします

• この英訳あってますか?

Dear Mr.●●● My name is ○○○. I live in Akita. I'll enter junior high school in April. our school's excursion in June of last year, I saw DRALION. I see Mr.●●● in June of last year when. I was very impressed by Mr. ●●●'s performance. It was impressed by the show too much when the show was seen, and it shed tears. I could felt your sincere attitude toward daily show and I thought, "Human being is really wonderful". Mr.●●● cool. I love Mr.●●●!is real Please write your sign on this drawing paper. Be sure to take good care and keep up of yourself. I love you. From ○○○ ・私は○○○で、秋田に住んでいて、4月から中学生 ・去年の6月の修学旅行でドラリオンを見て、Mr●●●さんを見て、すごく感動した ・ショーに感動して涙を流した ・みなさん(ショーの出演者)がチームワークよく演技していたことが伝わってきたということ ・Mr●●●さんはすごくかっこいい ・Mr●●●さんのことが好き。サインをくださいお願いします。 ・体に気をつけてがんばってくださいということ ・(最後に、好きですということ) を伝えたいのですが・・・ちゃんと伝わるでしょうか?もしよければ直して正しい英文を書いていただけませんか?お願いします!

• 至急日本語訳お願いします。

“These patterns are set sort of early,” said Tom Vanderbilt, the author of “Traffic: Why We Drive the Way We Do (and What It Says About Us).” “You see a lot more boys killed running into traffic,” he said. This is partly because boys are given more “freedom to roam,” and the culture expects them to take more risks, Mr. Vanderbilt said. “That pattern is set early but continues through every sort of life stage, including driving,” he said. While the experts seem to consider aggression a bad thing, many male drivers thought it was a strength. “On the road, I think the most important things are intuition and aggressiveness,” said Mark Volinsky, 24, who has been driving for six years. “It’s hard even for me to conjure those up driving around the city, so I can’t imagine someone like my 45-year-old mom being able to function in that kind of dog-eat-dog environment.”

• 英語ヘルプ求ム!アメリカ運転免許証について、現地DMVオフィスからのメール

就労ビザでアメリカに在住していた時に取得した米国免許証について。当時のビザは切れ、自身も日本に永久帰国済みの現在も、その免許証は有効であるのか、有効であれば更新はできるのか、の2点について向こうのDMVオフィスにメールで問い合わせました(以下)。 I am Japanese possessing a New York driver's license (Exp: 2009) which was granted when I lived in New York on a temporary working visa (the visa has then expired.) Currently, I am a permanent resident in Japan, and I plan to visit NY next month and drive a vehicle there as well as outside the state of NY. Q1. Is this driver's license still in effect (will I be driving a car legally with this license as it is)? Q2. If yes, will I be able to renew the driver's license? その後、以下の返答がありました。 Documents issued to visitors who are not here on a permanent basis, but have legal INS documentation to be in this country will have the Temporary Visitor legend printed on their documents along with the immigration expiration date. The document will have an A1 restriction code. When the temporary visitor date has passed our system will prevent any transactions from being processed. The document itself will remain valid. The date cannot be changed unless proof is provided from INS that the status has changed and brought into a DMV office to update the document. この中で意味が分からないのが"...our system will prevent any transactions from being processed. The document itself will remain valid."のくだりなのですが、transactionとは当該免許証を運転や身分証明に使用することを指しているのでしょうか。また、その次のdocumentは何を指しているのでしょうか。皆さんにご教示いただければ幸いです。 ビザが切れた時点でこの免許も失効しているということですか?毎年渡米時にこの免許で車を借りて運転してましたが・・・(冷汗)

• 日本語訳お願いします。

先程の続きです。日本語に訳してほしいです。 “These patterns are set sort of early,” said Tom Vanderbilt, the author of “Traffic: Why We Drive the Way We Do (and What It Says About Us).” “You see a lot more boys killed running into traffic,” he said. This is partly because boys are given more “freedom to roam,” and the culture expects them to take more risks, Mr. Vanderbilt said. “That pattern is set early but continues through every sort of life stage, including driving,” he said. While the experts seem to consider aggression a bad thing, many male drivers thought it was a strength. “On the road, I think the most important things are intuition and aggressiveness,” said Mark Volinsky, 24, who has been driving for six years. “It’s hard even for me to conjure those up driving around the city, so I can’t imagine someone like my 45-year-old mom being able to function in that kind of dog-eat-dog environment.”

• 英作の確認願います!!(日本語付き)

日本語を元に英作をしました。英文は発表での原稿に使うのですが、〆切があと数時間なので、わずかな時間しかありませんが、よかったら目を通し、指摘していただけるとうれしいです。 日本語 一年間を振り返る。 一番目に、昨年は、大学に入学し、最後の学生生活のスタートを切りました。 私は最初、慣れない大学生活に苦しみました。 特に、一番辛かったことは、登校と下校です。 なぜなら、私は学校に行くのに2時間もかかるからです。 ですが、今では多くの友達を作ることが出来ました。そしてある程度大学に慣れることが出来ました。 二番目に、車の免許を取りました。私は車が好きなので、暇を見つけては友達とドライブしています。 しかし、忙しい毎日で、あまりドライブできません。 最後に、今年の目標は学力の向上と、多くのことに挑戦することです。 有難う御座いました。 英語 It looks back on one year. First, it got into college, and the last student life started last year. I suffered from the university life that did not become accustomed first. Especially, the most painful is going to school and leaving school. Because it takes as many as two hours for me to go to school. However, a lot of friends were able to be made now. And, it was possible to become accustomed to the university to some degree. Secondarily, it got the license of the car. When I find free time because I like cars, I am driving with the friend. However, it is not possible to drive so much busy every day. Finally, this year's goal is try a bunch of different things and academic progress. Thank you. よろしくお願いします。。

• 英文翻訳をお願いします。

With the 11 January War Cabinet decision reversed by the 26 February Congress, the EEF was now required to capture the stronghold of Gaza as a first step towards the capture of Jerusalem. The town was one of the most ancient cities in the world, being one of five cities of the Palestine Alliance, which had been fought over many times during its 4,000-year history. By 1917 Gaza had an important depot for cereals with a German steam mill. In the area barley, wheat, olives, vineyards, orange groves, and wood for fuel were grown, as well as the grazing of many goats. Barley was exported to England for brewing into beer. Maize, millet, beans, and watermelon were cultivated in most of the surrounding localities, and harvested in early autumn. Mounted units reorganised A pause in the EEF's advance was necessary to enable the lines of communication to be lengthened and strengthened. While this work was being carried out, the mounted brigades were reorganised into two mounted divisions.

•  大学院入試の英語

大学院入試の英語の問題でわからないものがあり、お知恵を拝借したいです。  1 A slow,30-year rise in infanticide rate, copled with a sharp drop in teen homesaide, means two grups are now being murdered at almost equal rates. 外国の新聞からの抜粋です。幼児殺しに関するもののようです。 自力で「ここ30年間の幼児殺しの割合のゆるやかな上昇と若者の殺人行為の急な減少を結びつけると、2つの郡は現在、ほとんど等しい割合で殺人行為はある」 と変な英文になってしまいました・・。うまい訳し方教えてください。  2 From this side of the Atlantic, the significance of her ascension is not only symbolic : Gehard Schroeder's departure from the sence remove a leader who did much to contribute to a deterioraton of the pivotal German-American relationship. ドイツでメルケルが 女性初の首相になりましたがそれに関する英文です。自分なりには「大西洋側において、メルケルの就任の意義は単に象徴的なものではい。すなわち・・・」すなわち以下がわかんなんくて・・。解説お願いします。  3 Bcause no natural alliance of parties had a decisive majyority of votes kast month この英文も2と同じくドイツの政権交代に関するものです。やっぱり訳し方がわからず・・・。

• N.Y.Times の記事-Tesla CEO

Tesla CEO: Criticism of Self-Driving Cars Can Kill People http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2016/10/20/us/ap-us-tesla-self-driving-cars.html 上記サイトの下記の段落の和訳についての質問です。。 1、2、3、4、13、14、最終段落 各段落の和訳のまずい箇所をお教えください。 第1段落 --- -- DETROIT — Self-driving cars hold the promise of saving thousands of lives each year on U.S. roads. But does pointing out flaws with the technology effectively put people in danger? -- 自動運転車はアメリカで毎年発生する数千人の死亡事故を防ぐことが出来る。 しかし技術に欠陥があり人々を危険な状況に晒すではないか、と主張するのか? --- -- 第2段落 --- -- That claim was put forth Wednesday by Tesla Motors CEO Elon Musk, who criticized the media for harping on the relatively few crashes involving Tesla's semi-autonomous driving system called Autopilot, while saying little about the about the 1.2 million people who die worldwide each year in human-driven vehicles. --- この抗議はTesla CEO の Elon Muskによって行われたもので、これに対し彼は メディアを次のように批判した、Tesla の半自動運転機能である Autopilot に よるわずかの事故を繰り返し批判して人間が運転する車の事故によって毎年世 界で120万人の人が死亡していることになにも論評していないと。 --- -- 第3段落 --- -- "If, in writing some article that's negative, you effectively dissuade people from using autonomous vehicles, you're killing people," said Musk, who expects his self-driving technology to be at least twice as safe as cars driven by humans. --- 「メディアは否定的な記事を書いて人々を自動運転車から遠ざけようとしてい る。 これは人々を死に追いやっているのと同じだ」とMuskは抗議した。 Muskは自分の考えている自動運転の技術は人間の運転する車より少なくとも2倍 は安全であると考えているのである。 --- -- 第4段落 --- -- The comments came as Musk announced that all new Tesla vehicles — including the lower-cost Model 3 — will have the hardware needed to drive themselves. The talk is bold but experts say it's premature until self-driving cars prove they're better drivers than humans under any circumstances. --- 「Teslaの新しい自動車は、低価格のモデル3も含めて、自動運転機能に必要な ハードウエアを搭載している」とMuskが発表すると、これは無謀だ、いかなる 状況でも自動運転車が人間の運転する車より安全であると言うのはまだ時期尚 早であるとの批判がおきた。 --- -- 13&14段落 --- -- One criticism of Autopilot is that the system gives drivers a false sense of security, causing them to be distracted and unprepared to take control in an emergency. The German government has told Tesla to stop using the Autopilot name because it implies that cars can drive themselves. Musk disagrees, saying the term has been used in aviation to describe a system that assists pilots. --- 運転する人がAutopilotの安全性に関する機能を間違って解釈し、いざと言う時に 適切な手段が取れないという批判がある。ドイツ政府は、Autopilotは自力で動くという意味 を含むので、Autopilotという名称を使用しないようTeslaに申し入れた. Muskは同意していません。飛行機のパイロットの手助けをするシステムでこの言葉が使われている というのが彼の言い分です。 --- -- 最終段落 --- -- Tesla owners, though, won't be able to give up control of their cars just yet. The company will gradually roll out autonomous capability in software updates every few months, once there's enough data to prove it's safe, Musk said. The updates also would have to meet safety regulations in the U.S. and elsewhere. --- Tesla車の所有者はまだ自分の車を運転することが出来るだろう。 安全性を証明する充分なデータが得られれば、順次、自動運転機能のソフトは 数か月毎にアップグレードされていくであろう、とMuskは言っている。 勿論このアップデートはアメリカ、またその他の国の安全基準をパスしていな ければならない。 --- --