• ベストアンサー

ポケモン(ハートゴールド)の日本語版と北米版を見比べてゲーム翻訳をして

ポケモン(ハートゴールド)の日本語版と北米版を見比べてゲーム翻訳をしているのですが、わからない表現が出てきたのでわかる方がいらしたら教えていただけないでしょうか。 A:Got you, didn't I? Don't worry, these are brand-new. A:冗談じゃよ。新品だから安心せい。 Got you, didn't I?が、どうして「冗談じゃよ」という訳になるのですか。 ちなみにこれはAというおじいさんが主人公にランニングシューズをあげる場面です。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Chicago243
  • ベストアンサー率38% (401/1043)
回答No.1

(I) got youは短縮されてGotchaになります。 いろいろな意味があるのですが、日本語で"冗談だ"ということをいっているので 下の4のいみとおもいます。 相手をからかったりしてうまくはまった時、"ひっかかったぁ!"とかいう感じの 言葉です。冗談だという直訳ではないのですが、こちらのほうが会話として ありえるのか、口の動きにうまく収まるのかどちらかだとおもいます。 わたしもよく日本のアニメ(英語吹き替え)をみて英語になれていきました。 意外と勉強になります。 Gotcha. 1. 〔探している人を〕見つけた。/捕まえた。◆I got you.の短縮形。 2. 仕留めた。/やっつけた。/もう逃げられないぞ。◆投げたもの・飛ばしたものなどが相手・獲物などに当たったとき。 3. 分かった。/了解。◆相手の言ったことの意味が分かったときなど。 4. 引っかかった。◆相手を驚かすために軽いうそをついて、相手がそれを信じたときなど。

参考URL:
http://eow.alc.co.jp/gotcha/UTF-8/
zah55328
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。 got youの短縮形なんて存在してたんですね。(笑) ようやく謎が解けました。自分もこれから様々な英語に触れていきます。

関連するQ&A

• 日本語に翻訳して下さい_(._.)_

Ah thank you What do you mean “suddenly suddenly let me down?” I didn’t mean anything bad from it (Cony sad) I only meant I don’t know if you would like me to do such things like that right away If you are worried that I’m not comfortable don’t be. I’m very comfortable around you, I’ve told you things I’ve never told anyone before. I even showed you my dick and I’ve never shown anyone that ever before. I’m very comfortable with you (heart)

• 以下の英文を日本語に翻訳願います!

why didn't you write me after work? feeling bad today again i have to get rid of these bad feelings too often feel bad i want you to get rest and relax

• 日本語にお願いします!!

As for the last thing (the fact that you ignored me), yes, I have to admit it was quite a hard hit. I have been really, deeply sad and disappointed because of that. You know, because I didn't expect if from you! I know you are emotional and sometimes just don't feel like talking. That's fine of course. But those times, it's always better to say "Sorry, I don't feel like talking today". Always, because, Mika, ignoring someone is really, really cruel, especially if there is no harm from the ignored person. You see, I thought "Is this what I deserve just because I wanted to be honest with her?". I thought that was really mean... a bit cruel maybe, because we are friends. I simply didn't expect you could behave like that to me ^^ So yeah, I got really depressed for quite some time. Because... because of what I written in the letter you didn't receive yet! I hope you can get it soon :) But in the end it seems you understood, so I accept your apologies, thank you! ^^ It's okay now :)

• 日本語に直して下さい!

日本語に直して下さい! If you are not very good at grammar, don't worry, because in dialects the rules are often stretched. A shopkeeper who has sold out of something might tell you, "I haven't got none no more." Young children, while learning first language, make guesses at grammar rules and sa things their like, "Where Daddy go?" "I no want apple." So it seems that mistakes are not such a big matter after all.

• この英語を日本語へ翻訳お願いします。

なんとなくは分かるのですが、知らない単語があり的確に訳せません...。 お力添えお願いします。 don't think that way .... i understand your situation . i know how it feet to be in that type of situation . here is something to make you feel better . don't worry i still think that you are a wonderful person and thank you! for be in honest .... i respect you ... now think about this " ( That me think that you are the best person in the world and is happy for the way you are! ) " and only think about it all day so you feel better

• 日本語と英語両方わかっていなければ、歌詞の翻訳はできないですよね?日本語がわからない外国人が英語に翻訳できますか?

質問のタイトルが長くて申し訳ありません。 日本語と英語両方わかっていなければ、歌詞の翻訳はできないですよね?日本語がわからない外国人が英語に翻訳できますか? これはずっと疑問に思っていることなのです。今日アニメソングが英語に翻訳されているのをご存知かと思います。 番組では日本語の歌詞がテレビから流れます。やがてCDが発売されます。日本語の歌詞です。漢字もひらがなもカタカナもあります。それが英語に翻訳されていたら、「英語と日本語を聞く、読む」両方の力を持っていないとできないですよね? あるとき、発売されたばかりのアニメソングが英語に翻訳されていたので、思い切ってyou tubeの投稿者に質問をしてみたのです。 そうしたら「何を言っているのかわからないのです。申し訳ありません」と言われてしまいました。わたしの英語のどこが伝わらなかったのか教えていただけますか? わたしが今までずっと思っていたことは、日本語の歌詞を英語に翻訳するには、 1) その日本人は英語がよくわかるエキスパート、語彙、表現力など絶対必要。 2)その日本人ではない人(例えばアメリカ人)は、日本語のエキスパート、読む、書く、聞く力ももちろん必要だと尾思いいます。そういう能力がないと歌詞の翻訳できないですよね?、というのがこちらの質問の意味です。 わたしが相手の方に送った英語です。ご指摘よろしくお願いいたします。 相手の方は中国人でした。日本語はまったくわからないといっていました。 Thank you for you message ! I thought you would be Japanese. I'm sorry. It's because the translation,"Toramre"(止マレ!というタイトルです) was really good. I've really been wondering why you did do that. but may I ask you questions? How did you translate Japanese into English? It's because you didn't understand Japanese and there were a lot of slangs. I really don't know why you can translate. It seems to me as if I had a dream . I didn't believe that you did even if you didn't understand Japanese. If I didn't understand how to speak English, I would never translate whatever I would do.

• 以下の英文を日本語訳して下さい。

・One last thing,the best advice I was given was,"Don't sweat the small stuff." ・This means that you shouldn't worry about unimportant things. 宜しくお願いします!

• ※大至急※ 以下の英文を日本語に翻訳願います!

Yuri i'm scared when you act this way real yes yes i'm tired of be alone i want marry life and peace you want me live here? um lets talk about this when meet? privat? i explain i make song to Yuri why worry? money? i understand so if you worry so much maby dont go... you know i have no job and i'll work as officer only in 11money big i know come here you don't see okey you sad worried i can tell only one thing...if i lose you i won't live

• 日本語に翻訳してくださいm(__)m

Hey yuna, please don’t get mad at me for bringing her up but my ex wants to make a deal with you. She says she will never try to date me and that she won’t ever do anything with me. And in return she wants to be friends with you and me. Is that something you would be interested in or do you still want me just to block her? Anyways don’t get mad at me I’m just a messenger here Anyways I want to get over with that. I just want to start talking about you. So message me when you are free because I miss you I really want to talk about meeting you

• 英語版ポケモンより

英語版ポケモンより Anyway,I just got an email from him saying that this time it's real. の部分が訳せません。 意訳、直訳どちらでもいいので訳を教えてください。 できれば品詞分解も・・・^^;