• ベストアンサー

「If you ever drop your keys into a

「If you ever drop your keys into a river of molten lava, let me go cause man they're gone.」 の意味を教えてください。 どうやら、よくあるジョークのようなのですが…。 何が言いたいのかさっぱりわかりません>< よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数7

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.2

ちょっと元の文が違いますね。 元の文は "If you ever drop your keys into a river of molten lava, let'em go, because, man, they're gone." です。 意味は「溶岩に鍵を落としたら諦めろ。もうないからさ。」というような感じで、ただ「どうしても無理な状況になったら潔く諦めなさい」というのをアメリカンジョーク的に表現したものでしょうね。 参考までに↓ http://www.well.com/user/argv/funny/deep.thoughts1 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Handey

kkyyoon
質問者

お礼

どうもありがとうございます! 丁寧に質問していただいて、やっと意味がわかりました^^ 「どうしても無理な状況になったら潔く諦めなさい」…どうしてこんな冗談を言われたのか、いまいちよく分かりませんが。。意味が分かって良かったです♪

その他の回答 (1)

• KappNets
  • ベストアンサー率27% (1557/5688)
回答No.1

If you ever drop your keys into a river of molten lava, let me go cause man they're gone. より正しい (分かり易い) 文章は If you ever accidentally drop your keys into a river of molten lava, let 'em go, because man, they're gone. でしょう。molten lava=溶岩。これなら説明しなくても分かると思います。

kkyyoon
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます! やっと意味がわかりました♪ アメリカンジョークは難しいですね。。 全然おもしろくないです(笑)

関連するQ&A

• 訳お願いします

"Let It Die" Heart of gold but it lost its pride Beautiful veins and bloodshot eyes I've seen your face in another light Why'd you have to go and let it die? Why'd you have to go and let it die? Why'd you have to go and let it die? In too deep and out of time. Why'd you have to go and let it die? A simple man and his blushing bride Intravenous, intertwined Hearts gone cold your hands were tied Why'd you have to go and let it die? Why'd you have to go and let it die? Why'd you have to go and let it die? In too deep and out of time. Why'd you have to go and let it die? Do you ever think of me? You're so considerate. Do you ever think of me? Oh, so considerate. In too deep and lost in time Why'd you have to go and let it die? Beautiful veins and bloodshot eyes Why'd you have to go and let it die? Hearts gone cold and hands were tied. Why'd you have to go and let it die? Why'd you have to go and let it die? Do you ever think of me? You're so considerate. Did you ever think of me? Oh, so considerate. In too deep and lost in time Why'd you have to go and let it die? Beautiful veins and bloodshot eyes Why'd you have to go and let it die? Hearts gone cold and hands were tied. Why'd you have to go and let it die? Why'd you have to go and let this die? Why'd you have to go and let this die? Why'd you have to go and let this die? Why'd you have to go and let this die? Why'd you have to go and let it die? 宜しくお願いします><

• CCRのHave you ever seen the rain どちらが正しいのでしょう

CCRのhave you ever seen the rain のサビが国内盤の歌詞カードと↓ http://display.lyrics.astraweb.com:2000/display.cgi?creedence_clearwater_revival..pendulum..have_you_ever_seen_the_rain とで違っています どちらが正しいのか判断しかねています <国内盤> I won't know Have you ever seen the rain 上のサイトでは I want to know Have you ever seen the rain 歌詞全文 Someone told me long ago There's a calm before the storm I know it's been coming for some time When it's over so they say It'll rain on a sunny day I know shinning down that water <サビ> Coming down on a sunny day Yesterday and days before Sun is cold and rain is hot I know it had not paid for all my time You're forever home, and go Through the circle of fast and slow I know it can't stop I wonder <サビ> Coming down on a sunny day 宜しくお願いします

• わからない英文があります

ファッション誌にて、シャネルのイヤリングを紹介してる横に; "A little drop of this label goes a long way. They're still a splurge, but they'll never go out of style." -a little drop of this label goes a long wayの意味を教えてください。

• CCRの Have you ever seen the rain のサビで正しいのは?

CCR (Creedence Clearwater Revival)の Have you ever seen the rain のサビが国内盤の歌詞カードと↓ http://display.lyrics.astraweb.com:2000/display.cgi?creedence_clearwater_revival..pendulum..have_you_ever_seen_the_rain とで違っています <国内盤> I won't know Have you ever seen the rain 上のサイトでは I want to know Have you ever seen the rain どちらが正しいのか判断しかねています 私自身の聴き取りでは I wanna know ... つまり後者だと思えます ever がなにか手がかりになっているような気もしますし。。。 あるいは両方を交互に歌っていたりもするんでしょうか。。。 下記に歌詞を記します <歌詞全文> Someone told me long ago There's a calm before the storm I know it's been coming for some time When it's over so they say It'll rain on a sunny day I know shinning down that water I <???> know Have you ever seen the rain Coming down on a sunny day Yesterday and days before Sun is cold and rain is hot I know it had not paid for all my time You're forever home, and go Through the circle of fast and slow I know it can't stop I wonder I <???> know Have you ever seen the rain Coming down on a sunny day どうか 宜しくお願いします

• 和訳お願いします。

和訳お願いします。 ある洋書の一文がわからないので、お願いします。 But I got to enjoy it a little bit cause when I lived with my parents they'd let me take the train into the city by myself. 男と女がバーで話しているときの台詞の中の一文です。

• bleed outとaspiratingの意味

(人を刺そうとしている文脈)Once they stop fighting, that’s when you can go for the heart, although I prefer to just let them bleed out. If you miss and get their lungs they’re aspirating blood everywhere. bleed outとaspiratingの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• わかりやすく訳して頂けませんか?

. Where have all the fetuses gone, long time passing?   長い時通って、どこに、全ての胎児は行きましたか? 2. Where have all the fetuses gone, long time ago?   どこで、全ての胎児が行く、長い時前? 3. Where have all the fetuses gone?   どこに、全ての胎児は行きましたか? 4. Gone to ashbins, everyone, Oh, when will they ever learn?  彼らがこれまでに学ぶと決意するとき、Ohをごみ箱(誰でも)にがんばる? 5. Oh, when will they ever learn?   ああ、いつ、彼らは学びますか? 6. How many times must a fetus scream even though he can't utter a word?  たとえ彼が語を口にすることができないとしても、何度、胎児は叫ばなければなりませんか? 7. How many times must a fetus be killed before he's finally saved?   彼が最終的に救われる前に、何度、胎児が死ななければなりませんか? 8. How many times must an abortion is done before it is forever banned?   妊娠中絶がそれの前にされるどれくらいの時間必要なものが、永遠に禁止されますか? 9. The answer, my friend, is up to our love The answer is up to our love.   答え(私の友人)は、答えが我々の愛にある我々の愛をしています。 10. Go, tell it on the mountain over the hills and everywhere, Go, tell it on the mountain to let our fetuses be born!   行ってください、丘の向こうの山でそれを言ってください、そして、至る所で、Go、我々の胎児に生まれさせるために、山でそれを言ってください! この訳ではさっぱり分かりません。 正確に訳して頂けませんでしょうか? お願い致します。

• (309) If ever you……この英文はどのように訳せばよいでしょうか

(1)(ll. 646-662) If ever you turn your misguided heart to trading and with to escape from debt and joyless hunger, I will show you the measures of the loud-roaring sea, though I have no skill in sea-faring nor in ships; for never yet have I sailed by ship over the wide sea, but only to Euboea from Aulis where the Achaeans once stayed through much storm when they had gathered a great host from divine Hellas for Troy, the land of fair women. 次の文章は“Works and Days” by Evelyn Whiteの一節です。 試し訳と語彙について質問します。 <試し訳> (1)(ll. 646-662) もしそなたが、いつか、その間違った心を取引に、また、負債や楽しくもない飢えを避けることに振り向けるなら、私は船旅や船に関する技術を持たないけれども、私は大きな音を立てて唸る海についての判断の手がかかりをそなたに教えよう。というのも、まだ、広い海を船で渡ったことはないが、以前に、 アウリスから、アカイア軍が、美しい女性の国トロイに対して、神の地ヘラスから大勢の兵士を集めた時、凄い嵐で停泊したエウボイアまで行ったことがあるからだ。 <質問> (a) never yet have I sailedについて    この訳は、 「まだ、私は航海したことがない」でよいでしょうか。    語順が違うので、意味も違うかもしれない。 (b) much stormについて     「凄い嵐」、 severe storm, violent stormの意味か。     分からない。        

• ちょっと難しかったです・・・Let me know if you wanna help me find my way around the city・・・・・・

サイトで知り合った人からのメッセージなんですが、 訳がうまくできません。ちょっとわからない単語などもあり悩んいます。おしえてください If you ever get bored, text my phone. I like playing text-tag! :) It is xxxxxxx@... You never replied about wanting to hang out. I wanna go to Tokyo this weekend to visit Plaza Capcom because they are debuting Street Fighter 4 there on Friday and Saturday. Let me know if you wanna help me find my way around the city! もし退屈なら携帯にメールして???私は・・・・好きなんだ。これアドレスxxxxx. あなたは遊ぶ・・・返事しない。私は今週東京へいく。なぜなら金曜日か土曜日に・・・・もし街へ案内?してくれるなら知らせて・・・? すみませんおしえてください

• これを和訳すると何て書いてありますか?

Let This Go I think I'm need, of a quiet walk home And as we step forward we would rather be alone So, make some noise while you got time Take this poison for your mind Who knows, you could be gone by this time tomorrow And, I don't know where we're going But I take pride in not knowing And you say I will be the one to let this go So, make some noise while you got time Take this poison for your mind Who knows, you could be gone by this time tomorrow And, I don't know where we're going But I take pride in not knowing And you say I will be the one to let this go