• ベストアンサー

得意分野とは?(実際の英語)

英文添削をお願いします! 実際に使われている英語を習いたいのです。 わかる方、教えて下さい。お願いします! それは私の得意分野です。 That's my usual gig. (結婚式で)スピーチをする人が教養の高い人なら、彼らは教養の高い人の集団と思われる. If the speakers are a high person of culture, they are considered as a group of a high person of culture[education]. あっ御免、考え事をしていて、うわの空だった。 Oh! I'm sorry I'm sunk in thought. 宜しくお願いします。

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Pippin
  • ベストアンサー率50% (196/389)
回答No.2

それは私の得意分野です。 That's my speciality. That's my area of expertise. That's what I specialize in. (lily-valleyさんの文章は私は聞いた事がありませんが、だからと言って使われてないとは言えませんのでご了承を。) スピーチをする人が教養の高い人なら、彼らは教養の高い人の集団と思われる。 If the speaker is a highly educated person, it can be asumed that the people present are also well-educated. (この内容、私は特にそう思いませんけど…それは別として。cultureを使うなら、highly cultured person等と使います。) あっ御免、考え事をしていて、うわの空だった。 Oh, sorry, I was miles away. I was lost in thought. I was thinking about something else/something completely different. I was day-dreaming. I have a lot on my mind (at the moment). (lily-valleyさんのsunk in thoughtはもうちょっと「深く考える」というように意味されるかもしれませんが間違っているわけではありません。) 3は口語のようですが、2はもっと「書く英語」の表現を使っていらっしゃったので何か意味があるのかと思いその通りにしてみました。参考になれば…。

lily-valley
質問者

お礼

毎回わかりやすいご回答ありがとう御座います。 沢山の例文を書いていただいて、とても参考になりました。 本当に様々な言い回しご存知ですね! 私の英語への疑問は止めどなく、次から次へと?マークが現れます。 また色々教えて下さい!今後とも宜しくお願いします。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (2)

• Josimba
  • ベストアンサー率26% (24/89)
回答No.3

すでにすばらしい回答が出ていて恐縮ですが・・。 >それは私の得意分野です。 That's my kind of thing. That's something I'm good at. >スピーチをする人が教養の高い人なら、彼らは教養の高い人の集団と思われる People tend to assume that the group of people must also be highly educated when the speaker happends to be a highly educated person. It is often assumed that a highly educated speaker represents the educational background of the rest of the people present at the wedding. (コレに関しては、うまくニュアンスが言い表せているか自信なし) >あっ御免、考え事をしていて、うわの空だった。 Oh, I'm sorry. I wasn't paying attention. 基本的にはPippinさんの例文に賛成です。

lily-valley
質問者

お礼

Josimba先生。ご無沙汰しています! 回答有難うございました。 わたし向きのやさしい言い方を教えていただいて、早速、試してみたいと思います。 またお逢いしたいです。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
回答No.1

いちおう英語で話していたこともありますが、 英語が分からない人に、やっとやっとの通訳みたい なものでしたから、はっきりいってネイティブに近い 人のものとは程遠いかもしれません。 とりあえず。辞書も使って通じそうな表現をつづって みました。   得意分野: That's my topic.(my=私の、ですが、範ちゅうに ある、という意味もある)。逆に分からなければ、 It's out of my kmowledge. くらいでも通じそうです。 教養の高い人: well-educated(よく教育を受けた人)とか、sophisticated (洗練された)ということもできますね。 If the speakers are well-educated, they will be considered as a group of sophisticated people. あたりどうでしょうか。 うわのそら:辞書にあるのは、absentminded(一見 難しそうですが、mind が absent(そこにない)で、 やさしい単語の合成だから簡単に通じるはずです。 Oops! I was absentminded. だけでも良いでしょう。 しゃべってみないと分からないものですが、ご参考に なれば幸いです。

lily-valley
質問者

お礼

丁寧な回答に、貴重なお時間を割いて頂いて、本当にがありとうございました。 英語でお話しされていたことがあるなんて素敵ですね! 参考にさせていただき、是非使ってみたいと思います。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 英語が得意な方に質問します。

チャットでアメリカの人から褒められたので、謙遜の意を表そうと「I am not the kind of person that you think.」と答えました。 すると、相手から「Then what kind of person are you??」と来たので、「I am never cute at all.」と答えたら、「Are you a serious person ?」と言われました。 私は思わず、変な事言ってごめんと謝ってしまいましたが……このあとなんと答えるのが望ましかったですか??

• よく「man of~」って辞書で見かけますが...

よく「man of~」って辞書で見かけますが、女性に使う時は「woman of ~」でしょうか? You are a man of many parts.あなたって何から何まで素晴らしい。 You are a man of high culture. 高い教養の持ち主。 You are a man of multiple talents. 多才な人。 You are a quiet man of action. 不言実行の人。 分かる方、おねがいします。

• 英語が得意な方、添削をお願いします。

自己紹介文を作成しています。 まだ途中書きなのですが、これでいいのか不安です。 添削よろしくお願いします。 Hello. My name is ○○ I'm 17 years old and second grade student of ○○ High School. I like my school very much because I have many friends. It takes me 50 minutes to get school by train every morning. I'm having a really good shool  life. I'm quite tall for Japanese high school girl. I am very carefull person. This is my good point, but this also can be my bad point since it takes time till I will act  out. My hobby is watching movies. I get a lot of homework everyday so I don’t have much time to do it. My favorite movie is and I hope to be able to understand movies without subtitles someday. Also I like dancing and I think I'm pretty good at girls dance. I belonged to the dance club and practiced hard everyday. I learned a communication and the importance of plus thinking. I began dance and had a really various experience. The reason why I had these by various experience is that there were support and the hardship of the person of the circumference, support. ↑これが特に間違っている気がします…。 So I still value the feeling of thanks to such a person most. I think my English skill is not good enough to be a cabin attendant, but I will study English as hard as I can because it has been my dream to be flight attendant since my childhood.

• 実際の英語を教えて下さい。

御助力下さい! 「先見の明がある」とは clear-sighted // have a longhead // have foresight // have the foresight // possess the faculty of foresight // prescient(英辞郎より) 英辞郎で調べたらこんなんがでましたが.....ん~他にもっとしっくり来る単語を知っておられたら教えて下さい。 これらの英文は正しいですか? できれば口語を知りたいのです。 学校の問題で「あなたが該当するものを選びなさい」….に対して. 下記の答えの中から該当するものを1つだけ選ぶのですか?  いくつでも選んでもいいのですか?  Should I choose only one from the choices below which is suitable? Can I choose as many as I feel are suitable? これらはすべて私に当てはまる。 All of these are suitable answers to me. ああー!これは私のことだわ! Oh! It says about me. これはあなたの事(をいっている)ね! This is about you. これは君に当てはまるョ This is true of you. 私は買い物は好きじゃない。でも海外に行ったら話は別。買い物が私の大好きなことになる。 I don't like shopping. But when I go abroad, it's a different matter. Shopping is my favorite of favorite. よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英語得意な方、訳して下さい(2)

英語得意な方、訳して下さい(2) JOB INTERVIEWの内容です。 As you know, I'm here all alone in Australia and since I arrived here, I have had to solely depend on myself for a living my perents are not able to provide me with any assistance so the pressure of keeping my head above water all came down on me while I'm supposed to study in college so far, I've been performing very well in college my grades are excellent and all that while working as a cleaner in the evenings.

• 英語が得意な方!

英語が得意な方! 和訳をお願いします。 Are you going to watch the soccer game The Netherlands vs Japan? Since all my colleagues are either from The Netherlands or from Japan all my colleagues will watch :) I'm going to be a fan of Japan! Gambare Nippon!!! Oh maybe in the 2nd half of July I'll come to Osaka again. I don't know for how long but it might be for a long period (more than 3 weeks). Yes!!!! No cooking ... no cleaning ... o-torro ... I can't wait! Ok time to watch the game! Have a nice weekend, 内容的には、 『オランダと日本のサッカー見てる? 私の同僚はおそらく見てるだろう。 もしかしたら7月に大阪に行くかもしれない。3週間位。』 という感じで合っていますか? 宜しくお願いします。

• 英語の得意な方、翻訳をお願いします!

英語の得意な方、翻訳をお願いします! 翻訳機能などを使ってみましたが、綺麗な日本語にならなくて困っています お願いします What do you say about people who say female bodybuilders aren't even women? I think such opinions are extremely shallow. To look at just one aspect of a person, such as the fact that they have a lot of muscle, and then say that that person is not a woman constitutes an extremely narrow viewpoint. Is bodybuilding to you in any way a rebellion? That didn't have anything to do with why I started bodybuilding, but I must say that it has been a constant battle since then. As my muscles got bigger and I got stronger, people around me started to change. That's when it started becoming necessary to fight. What do you think about the trend for women bodybuilders to alter the natural body line with breast implants? I think it's a very unfortunate trend. It looks to me like the women are being manipulated by men's wishes. It's like a fitness version of Playboy. I think that in Japan, especially, women have a very narrow concept of themselves. What do you think? You have to value yourself more and value what you think and what you want to do.The way I see it, God made lots and lots of people. Why? Because it's a good thing to have all different types of people.Each person has his or her own individuality, own character, and it's the most important thing is to express that.

• 英語が得意な方へ!

英語が得意な方へ! 和訳お願いします。 Needless to say I have been very very busy. Not so much with my work (well not more than or times).. but with house hold chores. Cooking, cleaning, dishes, laundry ... living all by yourself is a lot of work ... I sympathize with all the women out there :) But help is on the way ... I'm planning to hire a cleaning lady so she can help me clean my house a couple of hours a week. And for the cooking ... I actually like to cook and I think I'm getting quite good at it. But my sister is a bit worried about me. She calls and asks me how I'm doing. And then I tell her what I prepared for diner ... and it turns out that everything I make is either a Japanese or Chinese dish ... or at least I try to. So my sister complains that I'm not from Belgium any more and that I don't cook real food ... hahaha. Then I need to remind her that in Japan and China there are many people eating this food and that they are very genki ... :)Oh well ... eating waffles every day is also not good. Oh speaking of waffles I was passing by one of these vans that sell waffles. And I thought I had to take a picture for (私の名前) :)Something else ... now that my ex wife has left I'm also rearranging some things in my finances. In short I need to set up a new company and I thought I of creating giving it a Japanese sounding name. People over here get totally confused when they hear it ... but I like that :). Do you know of a nice name? My doryo suggested "matsu" ... I kind of like it. What do you think? Do you have a nicer name? That new company will own my house and all my money and I will keep it for maybe the rest of my life. So if you find a name ... I'll probably think of you for the rest of my life ... hahaha No don't take it that seriously ... but I think you're good in finding names. Please let me know your opinion. Maybe you can see my last run: as you can see I still need a lot more training :( メールの相手、会社を興そうとしているのでしょうか?長文読んで下さりありがとうございます。

• 英語の冠詞について

私は英雄になりたくない。私はただボールを上手に蹴る人にすぎない。 という文の英訳は以下の二通りを書きました。 (1)I don't want to become a hero. I'm only a person kicks a free ball well. (2)I don't want to become a hero. I'm only the person who kicks a free ball well. 訳(1)も(2)も可能でしょうか。

• この英語はあっていますか・・・?

自分で書いた文章なのですが、合っているかわからないので 間違っていたらご指摘お願いいたします><! However, English is not the one in one country alone. In fact, this English is used all over the world. But, the opportunity to meet British English is of rare occurrence to me when I'm in Japan. In addition, I suffer inconvenience from I can’t understand British English. --------------------------------------------------------------- It is to understand British’s culture. But, the opportunity to meet British English is of rare occurrence to me when I'm in Japan. Even if I am the international class, the chance to meet British culture is of rare to me. It can be recognized that there is a different culture. But, if this goes on I may end to live without learning other culture in the culture of Japan.