• ベストアンサー

like how の日本語訳について

Now I'm communicating with a friend speaking English on You tube. I got this message from he or her. But unfortunately I didn't understnad some part of what they said . I'd like to reply back to them properly. If you don't mind , Could you help me ? If possible , I'd like all of you to help me in English reply. I'm sorry for being so selfish. About my question , how should I translate this sentence into Japanese ? What they said - "I like how all the anime music i listened to so far are very catchy, or soft and peaceful ". I have a question for you. 日本語で、like how はどうやって訳せばいいのですか? I'd like to help and supprot me. I'm sorry for my poor english. I hope you answer m question.

• sa-too
  • お礼率97% (711/731)
  • 英語
  • 回答数5
  • ありがとう数5

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • googoo1956
  • ベストアンサー率47% (623/1316)
回答No.4

>"I like how all the anime music i listened to so far are very catchy, or soft and peaceful ".  This sentence is a little difficult to understand, for it has an expression unfamiliar to Japanese learners, which should not be thought to be a mistake.  'How' in this sentence means 'that', which functions as a conjunction. This usage of 'how' may seem strange to foreign learners of English, but it usually used in oral English, especially in informal style.  It will be easier to understand if it is changed into a sentence like this; "I like that all the anime songs I listened to are very catchy, or soft and beautiful."  Also note that the subject of 'are very catchy, ...' should be plural. So 'all the anime music" should be "all the anime songs."  Hope this helps.

sa-too
質問者

お礼

I'm sorry for the late reply. yes , as you say, I couldn't understnad the sentecne easily. I really didn't know how it worked because I'm wasn't an advanced learner. It was a good lesson for me. Thank you very much for helping me with a lot of things !!

その他の回答 (4)

• googoo1956
  • ベストアンサー率47% (623/1316)
回答No.5

>"I like how all the anime music i listened to so far are very catchy, or soft and peaceful ".  I'm sory to say that I forgot to write an important thing. It is that 'how' also has the meaning of "the fact that" in some cases.  If you see a sentence where 'how" is used just after "like", it would be better to understand the sentence as being equivalent to the sentence, "I like the fact that all the anime songs I listened to so far are very catchy, or soft and peaceful ".  'How' used like this has a stronger meaning than 'that', in that it shows you the speaker's deep interest in what he or she is talking about.  Thank you.

sa-too
質問者

お礼

Thank you again for your kind assisstance !! I also didn't know much about "how". When I talked with british or American friends, I have difficulty in uderstand what they say from a grammartical point of view. Thank you very much again !!

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.3

"I like how all the anime music i listened to so far are very catchy, or soft and peaceful ". It is probably a mistake for "I would like to know how..."

sa-too
質問者

お礼

I'm sorry for the late reply ! Yes, I also thought it was a mistaken sentence when I frist saw it. But other respondents helped me understand "how" and I managed to understand it was not a mistaken sentence . Thank you very much for your help all the time!!

• nekomac
  • ベストアンサー率43% (162/371)
回答No.2

I saw "how" used like this way for the first time. But #1 answer might solve your problem. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/how See p. below conj.2 how = that

sa-too
質問者

お礼

I'm sorry for the late reply. Thank you very much for answering my question. I begun to understand how to use that "how ".

• litsa1234
  • ベストアンサー率28% (230/795)
回答No.1

>I like how all the anime music i listened to so far are very catchy, or soft and peaceful この英文が文法的に正しいかどうか解りませんが、意味としては 「これまで聞いたアニメの音楽はみんなとても覚えやすいし、落ち着いて心が安らぐ点が好きです。」 *how = that(接続詞):used to mention a fact or event 以上、参考まで。

sa-too
質問者

お礼

I'm sorry for the late reply !! Thank you very much for answering my question. In fact ,I already knew what they said, but I had difficulty in translating it into Japanese language. I actually didn't know that how sometimes mean "That ". Thank you very much for the information !!

関連するQ&A

• 訳お願いします。

I'm sorry to keep you from your busy schedule but do you take requests? I'm sorry if you've been asked this question before, I like your art 今海外の方からメールが来たのですがこの人は私にリクエストをしたいのでしょうか?? いまいちわかりません…よろしくお願いします。

• like youとlike yourself

お世話になります。 また質問させてください。 (1) I'd like a smart person like you to teach me English. (2) I'd like a smart person like yourself to teach me English. (1)をアメリカのメル友にチェックしたもらったところ (2)のように、you は yourself がいいとのこと。 理由がわかりません。 アドバイスお願いします。  

• どなたか英語を日本語に翻訳してください!パート2

Could I add 2 further questions to the below please: Who would you most like to work for? What do you feel has been your greatest architectural achievement so far? Looking forward to your reply! It would be amazing if you could please send me a reply by tomorrow evening.

• [緊急]日本語訳お願いします!

Does it mean that you're not shy? :) I really like buddhism! I think this is the religion I like the most, it's the most believable, thoughtful, and I agree with what that religion say. :) Our teacher said that Japanese celebrate Xmas in a different way to European People, I don't really know whether it's true or not...! This is a good thing to be interested in the world, and France is a nice place, you'll see, you might like it ! :D This morning, i had a japanese conversation lesson with a real japanese person, and she spoke to me all in Japanese and I didn't understand anything, except few easy things... and I realized that I was very bad for speaking and understanding Japanese! We only had a year of japanese lessons, so we're not very ready to speak japanese fluently, so I'm sorry, I'll do my best but my japanese level isn't great...! ^^ I'm very excited to come in 10 days now ! :DDD It's a huge adventure for me!!! I'll try to check my email every day for you to have a answer quickly ! :p See you soon !!! 急いでいます! 早めに返事いただけると助かります(;~;)

• この訳を教えてください。

すみません! また皆様の力を貸してください! これは、彼に日本にいる外国人男性は日本人女性を軽く見ているから嫌だとSkypeで伝えたそのあとのメールできました。 私がこの前のメールの other stuffと言う意味がわからなくて彼に聞いたあとの返事です。 What I meant by "other stuff" was when we talked about foreigners and how people look at us (me). I hope I I like you (名前).I'm sorry if that is being too forward (aggressive), but like I said before, I don't talk to other women like I talk to you. I think you're really great. ; ) この中のI like you (名前).は 恋愛感情ありの好きですか? それても人間又は友達として好きなんでしょうか? 翻訳アプリつかってもヘンテコな日本語でまったくわかりません。 私は彼のことが好きになってきているので、告白的な意味合いだったら嬉しいですが... どのようにみなさんからは見受けられますか? 訳ともども教えてください。 よろしくお願いします。

• 教えて下さい! 日本語に翻訳お願いします。

下記の英文を日本語に翻訳をお願いします。 J am happy to welcome you in my apartment in August. It is very clear, comfortable and you have a splendid view on Paris You said to me that you do not speak french (also I do not speak japonese) and english. However you write me in english and may be you read english language. Myself I do not speak fluent english. J suppose that you come to visit Paris. J can to help you to indicate which is to be visited. Do not hesitate to question about which is important for you. J will be happy to read you again よろしくお願いします。

• 英語を日本語に翻訳してくださいm(._.)m

(1)Also I know I still need to show you my area. I was just too nervous (Moon sorry)(Moon sorry)(Moon sorry)(Moon sorry)(Moon sorry)(Moon sorry)(Moon sorry)(Moon sorry) (2)Hmmm like I want to send a pic of that for you but I'm nervous. I must over come my fears for you lol ( ̄^ ̄)ゞ

• 日本語にして下さい

Not for me. I'm flattered that you feel that was about me. But I'm saying your just to young to fall in love with someone right now. You have so much to experience out there. I didn't mean it in a bad way. I'm sorry.

• 日本語訳で質問です。

遠距離恋愛中の彼からのメールで分からない訳し方があったので、英語のわかる方お願いします。翻訳機はやめてください。 (1)Seriously, I do. (2)This is very important to me to be able to handle being away from each other. Like I said, this will happen again. Not me moving somewhere else and not being with you, but being gone for 6 months at a time. I know I probably sound mean or cold when I say things like that, but that's not what I'm trying to do. (3)I will try to put some pictures up once I do.

• how did you like hawaii? I like itが問題あり?

Ive been to hawaii. I like it とかいたら How did you like hawaii? と返ってきました 訳がわかりません なにが好きだった?ときいてるのですか これはI like itが間違えで I like thereとするべきだったのでしょうか hawaiiといわない場合。 おしえてください