Incorrect Completion of Sentences

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Complete the sentence incorrectly to yourself if you leave now.
  • Using the reflexive pronoun 'itself' is not mandatory when the subject and object are the same in the phrase 'make it incorrect'.
  • The correct answer to the problem is 'call'.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

attract/call/direct/draw/take attention to

Choose the one way to complete each of these sentences that would make it grammatically 「INCORRECT」 to yourself if you leave now. (1)↑のto yourself if you leave nowはコピペミスですか? (2)make it incorrect 主語と目的語が一致している場合の再帰代名詞(itself)の使用は強制ではないのですか? (3)問題の答えはどれですか? (4)↓your selfはyourselfのタイプミスですか? 問題 You will( )too much attention to your self if you leave now. 1.attract 2.call 3.direct 4.draw 5.take

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

(1) make の(意味上の)主語は one way で選択肢のこと, 目的語 it は each of these sentences で一致していません。 (2) おそらくそうでしょう。 (3) attract attention to ~,draw attention to ~で「~に注意を引く」,call attention to ~,direct attention to ~で「注意を向ける」となります。 take attention に away from や off のような表現がきて,「注意をそらす」とはなりますが,to だと合いません。 (4) そうでしょう。

roiyaruzu
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます わかりました

関連するQ&A

• 疑問文について。

よく What made you get mad?のようにWhat did you make yourself get mad? とはいいません。 What did you make yourself get madは間違いなのですか??なんでmakeの場合Whatに引っ張られてこんな形になるのでしょうか? あと、第五文型SVOCの文型で形式的目的語が使われる場面があります。 He thought it easy to climb the mountain in summer. このitはto以下を指し、(場合によってはthatとか動名詞)文のバランスを崩すのでこういう形になります。 では、thinkやfeelやbelieve以外の動詞、例えばleaveの場合もitは使えるのでしょうか。 Leave it to you to lead the meeting. のようにすることが可能なのでしょうか??それともここでは単なる副詞的用法?? ここが良く分からないのでよろしくお願いいたします><

• leave it to your imagination と leave it up to your imagination

つまらない質問かも知れませんが、 leave it to your imagination と leave it up to your imagination は up のある/ない、でどう違うでしょうか?

• it take youについて

お世話になっております。 以下についてお教え頂けないでしょうか。 How long does it take you to cook your favorite dish? (1)どうしてyouが入るのでしょうか? youを省くと文法的におかしいでしょうか? (2)How long does it take from the station to your house. という文を私が作ってみました。 youは入らないと思いますが、最初の英文のように How long does it you to take from the station to your house. とできるのでしょうか? ご指導頂ければ幸甚でございます。

• An email to John #3

Johnへのemailです。 より自然な表現をご指導ください。 Hi, John. How's it going? Thank you for your loooong email! I read it first thing in the morning! John, I want you to know I'm real happy to get it from you. And also, I'm so glad to hear you've got promoted! Congratulations!! I know you can make it sooner or later because you've been working that hard for years. But, John, to be complete honest, I have now mixed feelings. I mean, I'm afraid your work is gonna become more hectic than it is now. Well, I want you to know you are no longer twenty-something boy, John. 〈g〉 Please take it easy and good care of yourself. And if there is anything I can do for you, just let me know, okay? I'll do anything, whatever it takes, to make you feel better. Oh, BTW, did you see the photos I sent to you the other day? Yes, I had them taken at the party. Did you find me among a lot of people? Now you see how I dressed up, I hope you like it.〈g〉 John, Ken hasn't changed a bit, though he's got a few lines here and there.〈g〉 We had a very good time with him. Oh, he gave me a message for you. He wants to see you when he goes to the U.S. around this June, if you happen to have some time. He's gonna email you soon to make sure you're still alive.〈g〉 Well, I gotta go and get started. Please take care and keep in touch. お時間ありましたら、お願いいたします。

• Let your occupation be what it may,

Let your occupation be what it may,you must devote yourself to it if you wish to succeed.どんな職業であろうとそれに専念しなければ成功が無い。 what it may の後ろには be が省略されているのでしょうか?もしされてるなら be をつけても問題無いでしょうか?

• I'll have it to you.の意味

TOEIC の会話文で、 I'd appreciate it if you could have done it by tomorrow morning. に対し、 I'll have it to you before you leave the office tonight.(退社するまでに「お渡しします。」) と応答。 その場合の'have it to you'のhaveの意味は何ですか。「取る」は知っていますが、 「渡す(=hand,give)」の意味もあるのですか。

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

Warming up for tomorrow's online StageIt concert. If you can't make it to a computer during the live stream, you can still purchase the CD without getting a ticket. This is your only chance to get the new live album! Don't miss it! Who's watching?! Get your ticket/CD now

• toの訳しかた

以下の文章でのto makeのtoはどう訳したらいいでしょうか。 According to a new study, learning isn't as effective when multitasking, so doing homework at the same time as watching TV might not be a good thing. "Even if you can learn while distracted, it changes how you learn to make it less efficient and useful." ~するため、という目的か、~してしまう、という結果か、あるいはそれ以外か、が知りたいのです。 注意がそれたときに学んだとしても、それは、学びの効果と有用さを現象するために学び方を変えてしまう、ではすっきりしません。 学び方を変えてしまい、その結果、学んだことはたいして効果的でも有用でもなくなってしまう、という感じでしょうか。 ご教示お願いします。

• to make up the past

Now you go around making up the past and sharing it with every Tom, Dick and Harry you bump into. to make up the past のあたりが特にわかりません。 どのような訳になりますか どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。

• To a beautiful friend 🌺

To a beautiful friend 🌺 There comes a point in your life when you realize: Who matters, Who never did, Who won't anymore... And who always will. So, don't worry about people from your past, There's a reason why they didn't make it to your future. Give these flowers to everyone you don't want to lose in 2017 including me, if that's what is in your heart. Try to collect 5; it's not easy. これってどういう意味ですか?