• ベストアンサー

christmas card

友達に送るクリスマスカード(e-cardにするつもりです)に、 「(今年)あなたと知り合いになれて嬉しく思ってます」とか 「あなたと友達でいられて嬉しいです」 のような言葉を付け加えたいのですが、 I feel grateful to have known you this year. (今年友達になった人に) I am thankful that we can still be friends. Thank you for our friendship. I am happy to be your friend. でよいでしょうか。 友達宛なのであんまり堅苦しいかんじになるのなら書くのをやめようかなと思うのですが・・・ また、男友達にも送りたいので、誤解を招くことのないような?表現を教えてください。

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.3

アメリカに35年ほど住んでいる者です。 謹慎休暇<g>を取っていました。 帰ってきましたので、これからもよろしく!! さあって書いてみますね。 参考になれば幸いです。 I just want you to know that it made me happy to become knowing you this this year. This year gave one extra life present, and it is YOU as a good friend of mine. I thank God who brought you into my friendship life. Have you ever realized that you have given me a wonderful year of 2002 with your friendship? Thank you, indeed! My cake of year 2002 could not be finished without the finest decoration named your friendship! The darkness of night sky of 2002 is now with the fullmoon named (his name) 誤解される可能性ありですね、これは。 簡単に、I'm very happy to know you this year! I'm so glad to know you this year, and I just wanted you lo know that. I'm so happy to have many male friends like you. こんなところから、例文を書き始めるととまらなくなるので、これ辺で一応やめておきますね。<g> これでいいでしょうか。 分からない点がありましたら、補足質問してください。

sinc29
質問者

お礼

お礼が遅れてすみません。謹慎休暇ですか!?戻ってきてくださってうれしいです。回答どうもありがとうございます。これからもよろしくお願いします。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (2)

回答No.2

私はよくBluemountainのサイトで表現を参考にしています。 そのまま考えた英文よりも、ユーモアや気の利いた言い回しが多いので非常に参考になります。

参考URL:
http://www.bluemountain.com/
sinc29
質問者

お礼

お礼が遅れてすみませんでした。回答どうもありがとうございます。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
  • d-y
  • ベストアンサー率46% (1528/3312)
回答No.1

ちょっとニュアンスが違うかもしれないけど、私なら I was lucky to get to know you this year . I hope the next year will be even luckier one for both of us. とかかな。

sinc29
質問者

お礼

お礼が遅れてすみませんでした。回答どうもありがとうございます。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• friendって?

悶々としているので、相談にのってください。 わたしはネットで知り合ったアメリカ人男性に片思いをしています。彼はあまり時差のない国に住んでいて、3ヶ月ほど毎日チャットをしていました。 そのときの印象では、彼とはバーチャル恋愛をしているような感じでした。わたしは会話を通して、彼のことがとても好きになりました。このままでは映画の登場人物に恋しているのと同じだと思い、会いに行ってきました。当然現実の人物はわたしが想像していた人とはかなり異なる部分がありましたが、同時によく知っている人でもありました。デート(?)はとても楽しく、わたしはバーチャルが現実に引き続くと思っていたのですが、彼の答えは I do not know でした。 以下がその後のメールの抜粋です。 I don't see why the relationship can't continue as friends.  If you feel something more than friendship for me, thank you, I am grateful. But honestly, I don't see anything developing further, especially in the short term, if we don't have the opportunity to get together from time to time. That is just how I am, who I am. I am sorry if that upsets you. However, if you want to continue the friendship we do have, I would be more than happy and grateful for that. I am glad that I got to know you and that you had a chance to come to 彼の住んでいた国. このまま辛抱強く交友を続ければ脈はあるのでしょうか。それとも体の良い断りでしょうか? その後チャットができない環境になったのですが、メールは定期的に交換しています。 どうも彼の(あるいはアメリカ人の)friendの定義がよくわかりません。日本人のとは違うように思うのですが・・

• all that entails

I feel upset and disillusioned by how my old friends behave toward me. I am 27, in a friendship group of five women. One of the women is going to get married soon with all that entails. I feel like while everyone is kind to each other in the group and celebrates their successes and lives, I am overlooked and even ignored, often. friendship groupは「友達のグループ」でいいでしょうか?with all that entailsとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英語についてです

SNSで海外の方から友達申請をもらいました。 しかし私は英語が話せません。 ですからこの文を送ろうと思っています Thank you for your add request. Sorry. I speak only Japanese. But I am happy to be friends with you. ですがButは悪いイメージのときに使う『でも』だと聞きました。 なので違ったら直していただけると幸いです 他にも間違いがありましたら教えてください

• please someone translate for me

"I don't feel I have been anything but honest with you since we have started our friendship, I am sorry I am unable to give my self to you at this point as anything but a friend." this is my homework at my school from out of japan. please someone translate for me. in my idea, it means "she does not feel anything for him(does not she like him?) and it is her honest. so she does not want to be in a relationship with him(she just wants to be a friend)." = "tomodachi ijou koibito miman?" is it light? please, please someone helps me. if you comment me, i can not use japanese now, but i can read japanese, so please write japanese. thank you so much!

• この英文の訳。

i am very proud to tell that we are compatible to be friends. friends for life. i hope that distance will not be a hindrance to our frendship. これは、「私は私たちが友達として仲良くしていることを誇りに思う。友達って人生そのもの。私は友情関係が距離に負けない事を願う。」とちょっと変ですが訳してみました。 間違ってたり、うまい訳があれば教えてください。 また、be compatible の簡単な例文をいくつか教えてください。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 意味が分からないので英訳教えてください

If I made you feel painful, I am really sorry about this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are still friends, but not on Facebook . You understand me !!!???

• 添削お願いします

私にとって初めてできた外国人の友達の一人が引っ越すことになり、手紙を送ろうと思っているのですが、一部通じるかどうか自信のないところがあるので添削してください。よろしくお願いします。 I feel lucky to have you as my friend. Not being able to express everything I want, I've experienced so many frustrations. You made me want to speak English better and that definitely led to be one of my motivations to keep studying it. I want to thank you for that as well as being my friend. 直訳ではないですが言いたいのは以下のようなことです。 「友達になれてうれしいです。言いたいことが伝えられないもどかしい思いをして、もっと英語をうまく話したいと思うようになりました。私が勉強を続けるモチベーションのひとつです。友達でいてくれることだけでなくそのことについてもとても感謝してます。」

• このshouldは何ですか?

I am sorry that a talented painter like you is not be known to the world.と書いたところ、 I am sorry that a talented painter like you should not be known to the world.と、is より should のほうがよいとありました。 理由を解説していただけませんでしょうか。

• 直訳してしまって上から目線なのかと思いましたが違うんでしょうか?

アメリカ人から来たメールの一部なんですが・・・ I am still here if you want to be friends...... 上から目線に感じてしまったのですが実際はそんなことないのでしょうか?? still hereも、どこ??と思ったのですが、日本語でスムーズに受け入れやすいドンピシャな訳があったらお願いいたします。

• Minus the boyfriend

Fast forward, I recently moved to a different state, where another close friend of hers (who she’s known a lot longer) also lives, so she flew out to visit. Minus the boyfriend, I hoped this might feel more like old times. https://www.thecut.com/2016/09/ask-polly-am-i-too-intense-to-have-close-friends.html Minus the boyfriendとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします