• 締切済み

英文和訳

The only advice that one person can give another about reading is to take no advice, to follow your own instincts, to use your own reason, to come to your own conclusions. After all, what laws can be laid down about books? Each must decide for himself. To admit authorities into our libraries and let them tell us how to read, what to read, is to destroy the spirit of freedom. Everywhere else we may be bound by laws and conventions. この文章を和訳したいのですが、うまく訳せません。解説の方お願いします。  読書について、ある人が与えることのできる唯一の助言は、助言をしない、自分自身の本能に従い、自分自身の理性を使い、自分が持つ結論に 達するということである。結局、本について何が命令されうるのか? それぞれが、自分で決めななければならないのだ。私たちの読書の中にある権威を認めることと、私たちにどの様に読むのか、何を読むかということを教えてしまうことは、自由の精神を壊してしまうことなのだ。 あらゆるとことで、私たちは、ならわしやしきたりにしばられているのかもしれない。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数3

みんなの回答

• Hideto123
  • ベストアンサー率30% (126/420)
回答No.2

>and let them tell us ・・・ は let O 原形 で Oに原形させる という構造だと思うのですが、原形の構造が tell A B なっており、どうやって訳してよいか悩みます。 直訳が、「OにAにBするのを教えさせる」となるのでしょうか? すみません。教えていただけないでしょうか? ここでの tell は、教える というよりも、最初に書いたように 指図する と訳したほうがいいとは思いますが、 tell 人 how to do (what to do) で、人にどうすべきか(何をすべきか)指図する。 となります。 let O tell A B ならば、OにAの人にBするように言わせる ということになります。 ここでは、「権威者に私たちに何を読めとか、どのように読めとか言わせることは・・・・だ」となります。 これでわかりますか???

• Hideto123
  • ベストアンサー率30% (126/420)
回答No.1

では、ヒントだけ・・・、 >take no advice 助言をとらない、つまり、助言を聞かない ということ、 次のような、反語的な表現の日本語がわかりますか? 私の唯一のアドバイスは、私のアドバイスなど聞くな ということだ。 >come to your own conclusions (他人に影響されるのではなくて)自分自身の結論に到達すること > what laws can be laid down about books・・ ここでの laws は、決まりごと、絶対的な法則 などの意味 lay down は、決定する とか、断言される などの意味 >To admit authorities into our libraries (読書に関する)権威を図書館の中に招きいれ・・・・ >and let them tell us ・・・ 彼ら(自称権威者)に~~を指図させるようなことは・・・・・ これでわかりますか? あとは、個々の訳語にとらわれず、書き手が言いたいことの 内容を変えずに自然な日本語になるように、日本語訳を 書き換えてみましょう。 これは、英語の力 というよりも、日本語の表現力や 語彙などの問題になります。

kittenandcat
質問者

お礼

返信有難うございます。 >and let them tell us ・・・ は let O 原形 で Oに原形させる という構造だと思うのですが、原形の構造が tell A B なっており、どうやって訳してよいか悩みます。 直訳が、「OにAにBするのを教えさせる」となるのでしょうか? すみません。教えていただけないでしょうか?

関連するQ&A

• 英文を和訳して下さい。お願いします

That's okay! Having friends help you can be a good way to learn. I can't wait to see how you do on your own ^^ When did you study English before? Oh, and I can't find the first email, what was your name?

• 英文の和訳

以下の英文を和訳していただけるかたに、 お願いできますでしょうか? 1段落の中盤のみとなりますので内容が中途半端だと思いますが、 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 Your courtship will be unusual and unconventional, perhaps broken off, and resumed again, as he is a man who has his own original ideas about courtship, love and marriage, and refuses to be bound by the rules of society. He prefers to follow his hearts desire, his own ideals. There may seem to be no fixed boundaries or rules and expectations in your courtship. It will begin very suddenly. or change very suddenly form friendship to love.

• 英文の和訳 これで合ってますでしょうか?

It is very tiring to live your life with someone and have to pretend to be other than who and what you really are. 本来の自分以外のふりをすることや誰かと一緒にいることは、 とても疲れる。 you really are と who and what がハッキリと分からなかったのですが、 you really areはyou areの強調と考えてよろしいでしょうか?

• 英文の和訳

和訳をしていただけるかた のみで、お願いできますでしょうか? 定型文となります。 1段落の前半部分となります。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 The image created is meant to form like a picture in your mind and imagination., my readings can draw out your own inner psychic powers and these may add or embellish on what is said. The chart is only really a reflection of what your soul already knows. Describing things so accurately in minute intricate detail is an immensely complex task for any astrologer. I try to be as graphic as its possible to be in just one reading, in order to distinguish your soul mate from the crowd. Our time in this reading is essentially limited and fragments are taken from all over the chart to build this picture. You may feel that when these aspects are put together, your Soul Mate or future partner is either too handsome to be real, or more ugly and dreadful then you envisaged.

• 和訳をお願いします

以下の英文を和訳していただける方に、 お願いできますでしょうか。 何卒よろしくお願いします。 What sort of character is he? This must be a question in your mind. For character in many ways is destiny. This is what I am going to reveal to you next. Understand that it is the stars that determine your own character. Not only your zodiac sign, but every other star in your horoscope adds or detracts something too. Events, experience, your background and the influence of other people in your life take their toll and mould you into person you finally become. This is also reflected in your chart. Just as your own character can be interpreted in the stars, so the character of the person you fall in love with. It is pre determined in part by fate, in part by your own character, for certain people are drawn to certain others subconsciously by elements deep within themselves. ; Soul memories. Deep rooted needs, karma, desires and secret but irresistible weaknesses. All or any one of these things may conspire to draw you to a man of your soul mates character, and determine your destiny.

• この英文の和訳お願いします。

What makes somebody attractive? And this can be asked at all sorts of levels but a simple level is what makes for a pretty face? So,these are,according to ratings,very attractive faces. They are not the faces of real people. What's on the screen are computer generated faces of a Caucasian male and a Caucasian female who don't exist in the real world. But through using this sort of computer generation,and then asking people what they think of this face,what they think of that face,scientists have come to some sense as to what really makes a face attractive,both within cultures and across cultures. And that's something which we're going to devote some time to when we talk about social behavior,and in particular,when we talk about sex .Not all attractiveness,not all beauty of course,is linked to sex. So,pandas for instance,like this panda,are notoriously cute,and I don't have anything to say about it really. It's just a cute picture(laughter).

• 英文の和訳

和訳をしていただけるかた のみで、お願いできますでしょうか? 番外編です。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 Astrologer of the Soul. More Soul Mate Readings Dear Tomoko, now you have read soul mate one, and been inspired by this very personal glimpse through the curtain of the present time into your future and what life and love holds for you. How can I help you further? I used to tell clients this is all there is, and they used to say No you can tell me more I know you can, your powers are deep, your astrological skill is matched by no other. You can tell me more! So out of these gentle but insistent demands grew soul mate the second. Volume two in the book of your life.

• 英文の和訳

和訳をしていただけるかたのみで お願いできますでしょうか? 挨拶文かもしれませんが、 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 Thank you once more for requesting your Soulmate readings. We go now into the third chapter of your Soul Mate. It will follow on as careful and exact as the others. But this is now the unknown territory the lesser wisdom of the stars. We look once again through the curtains of the night and to see what will be revealed from the vault of celestial darkness. The experience of this love will be both intimate and compelling beyond your will. If you open yourself to it will be all encompassing, all healing. It can melt the past scars of life. To find a Soul Mate is always rare and special kind of love, and these readings are designed to guide you towards both cosmically and on the every day material level.

• 英文の和訳

英文を和訳していただけるかた のみでお願いできますでしょうか? 1段落の後半部分となります。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 He is defensive and so can be quarrelsome, a man who has had a life full of disputes. He can be jealous, threatening, boastful and cruel. Love can be a battle ground, the wounds you, but it will also be irresistible, powerful and stirring. He is wealthier than you. He is a strong man but not always a good or righteous man. There will be times when you feel the prevents you making a starting new things in your life, but also would feel lost without him.. The beginning of the relationship or the early years of the marriage will be the most difficult for this is a relationship that grows better with time. The karmic task of the relationship is to build a love that I respects your individuality and your rights to your own life, but doesn’t lead to living separate lives.

• 英文の和訳

英文を和訳していただけるかた のみでお願いできますでしょうか? 占いについての説明っぽいですので 意訳大歓迎です。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 Astrology is like any other profession, Like medicine say, where much is known, but much is not. so never expect perfection. You wouldn’t expect it of your Doctor, or Lawyer or yourself. An astrologer is no different. The other reason details sometimes don’t quite fit, is that birth times are not always recorded exactly. They tend to be rounded up or down to the nearest five minutes. And birth themselves can be protracted. It has long be a vexed question between astrologers, as to what constitutes the time of birth anyway. If its the first living breath. Or when the head emerges, or when the cord is cut, several minutes can elapse between either one. In many ways it is wonderful that astrology can be as accurate and detailed as it is.