• ベストアンサー

by appointment to her majesty the queen tea and coffee merchantsとは

by appointment to her majesty the queen tea and coffee merchants お茶とコーヒーの商人は壮大な女王によって約束されたもの って意味でしょうか? うまく訳せなかったのでご教示お願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数6

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#154447
noname#154447
回答No.2

by appointment to~→~御用達の her majesty the queen→女王陛下 tea and coffee merchants→紅茶及び珈琲取扱業者 以上から 「女王陛下御用達紅茶及び珈琲取扱業者」 merchantsは意訳しています。(本来は「商人」など)

purazuma11
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます! 分かりやすい解説付きで助かりました!

その他の回答 (1)

• mi-dog
  • ベストアンサー率6% (92/1479)
回答No.1

紅茶とコ-ヒ-を彼女のために準備する???

関連するQ&A

• ニューズウィーク解読に挑戦しています。

ニューズウィーク解読に挑戦しています。 When Barack Obama approached her about assuming the post, it was clear what he got out of the deal: an opportunity to reinforce his ''change the tone'' pledged by offering a choice role to his one-time competitor, and the credibility,gravitas - and gender balance- her appointment conferred. この文が解読できません。 是非ご教授お願いします。

• 英語の訳をお願いします!!

I was in the cafe by the north entrance to the station, reading my paper and having a coffee .I had an appointment with a client nearby and I was killing time because I'd arrived half an hour early.I suddenly heard a terrible shout, and when I looked out of the window,I saw that a woman was in the middle of the crossing. I assumed she'd fallen off her bicycle because it was lying on the tracks and all her shopping had come out of her basket.People were calling out to her from the road.Some were telling her to stay put and others were telling her to get off the crossing. She didn't seem to know what to do.She just say there.One of the waiters in the cafe saw this and ran out to get her.

• had+ppを使う必要性とby which to

In a musicologist were to claim that an alleged musical genius who, after several decades, had not gained respect and recognition for his or her compositions is probably not a genius, the critics might say that basing a judgment on a unit of time---"several decades"---is an institutional rather than an intellectual construct. What, the critics migt ask, makes a particular number of decades reaonable evidence by which to judge genius? タイトル通りなのですがここで過去完了を使う必要はあるのでしょうか?after several decadesとあるのでむしろ過去形でいいような気がするんですが意味はどう変わるのですか? またby which toの部分はto judge genius by which (reaasonable evidence)の語順で、その手段で判断するために(目的)という感じでしょうか?

• ボブディラン「I want you」の歌詞にある"スペードの女王″とは?

ハーモニカが軽快なボブ・ディランの「I want you」の歌詞に  Well, I return to the queen of spades  And talk with my chambermaid.  She knows that Im not afraid to look at her. という節があります。 和訳は訳者によってちょっとずつ違うみたいですが おおむね下記のような感じです。  さて、Queen of Spadesへ帰って  ぼくの付き人と話でもするか。  ぼくが恐れずに彼女を見つめることを、彼女は知っている。 この歌詞をより深く理解するには「Queen of Spades(スペードの女王)」の意味が重要な気がします。 これはいったいどのような意味で用いられているのでしょうか? 嫌われ者? 土地? 推論でも結構ですので、ご意見をお願いします! なお引用した歌詞中の3行目に書かれる「She」は 「Queen of Spades」でも、2行目の「chambermaid(女中)」でもないかもしれません。

• 訳をよろしくお願いします

Millie has a daughter and a son, but they live on the opposite side of the country and aren’t able to visit now. Her daughter is 4, and when I saw her over the summer, she briefly referred to me as auntie. Millie pulled her daughter to the side and told her that I was not her auntie and that I was to be referred to by my first name. I was to be referred to by my first nameの訳をよろしくお願いします

• イラストに添える英文

イラストに文章を添えたいのですが。 「お茶会にようこそ! コーヒーとお茶、どちらを召し上がりますか? ケーキやお菓子もたくさんありますよ!」 welcome to our tea party! which do you like tea or coffee? でいいでしょうか? 最後の部分はどうしたらいいでしょうか。 よろしくお願いします。

• 日本語訳を!!

お願いします (27) Antony commanded his slaves to lift him up. Plutarch says that they carried Antony to the tomb, but even then, Cleopatra would not allow the doors to be opened, but she showed herself at a window and let down cords and ropes to the ground. The slaves fastened Antony to these and the queen pulled him up.... Cleopatra... laid him upon a bed... and smeared her face with his blood. She called him her lord and husband and commander. Antony died in the aims of the queen. (28) With Antony dead and Cleopatra defeated, Octavian was the undisputed ruler of the known world. Cleopatra tried to make him fall in love with her. He could have been her third great Roman─but he wasn't interested. Instead, Octavian planned to take Cleopatra, the last Ptolemaic ruler of Egypt, to Rome as his slave. (29) Rather than be humiliated, Cleopatra chose death. She tried to kill herself, but Octavian's guards caught and stopped her. However, in the end she succeeded with a trick. The queen humbly asked the conqueror to allow her to mourn Antony's death and to give his body a proper farewell. Octavian agreed. (30) Cleopatra ordered a bath to be made ready and when she had bathed, she put on her royal robes and ate a fancy meal. Soon an Egyptian peasant arrived with a basket of figs. The guard inspected it but didn't see the asp, a poisonous snake, hidden beneath the fruit. Cleopatra sent away all of her servants except two women whom she especially trusted and loved. These servants locked the doors of the tomb, obeying the queen's command. Cleopatra had planned to let the asp come upon her when she wasn't looking. But according to one story by Plutarch, as soon as she saw the snake, she grabbed it and pressed it onto her bare arm, inviting a fatal bite.

• なぜ there is がくっついてるのですか?

著者が来日したエリザベス女王と会話を交わす場面です。 She asked me "And what do you do?" I had my answer ready. "I teach the Queen's English. Your Majesty. That's the best English there is." She laughed and said she agreed. That's the best English there is. there is がなくても意味は取れるように思うのですが、there is があることで文法的構造はどうなるのですか?また日本語に訳していただけませんか? よろしくお願いします。

• Hottentot の早口の後半部分がわかりません

If to hoot and to toot a Hottentot tot Be taught by her Hottentot tutor, Ought the tutor get hot If the Hottentot tot Hoot and toot at her Hottentot tutor? これはホッテントットの後半部分ですが、意味がよくわかりません。解説をお願いします。

• Great choice for Hollowen

The Hollowen festival is coming.I want to buy some cosplay costumes for this happy day.I want to cos the actress in Frozen as a queen.where to buy her dress like the picture below?