• ベストアンサー

of

seegrammarの回答

回答No.7

関連するQ&A

• stay on top of his job

Two years ago, my husband’s personality drastically changed overnight. Months later, after showing him one of your columns, I convinced him to see a doctor. It turns out he had a minor stroke at the age of 40. He did not notice the change; however, I was concerned because his short-term memory was very limited, common sense was gone, and he was no longer affectionate or attentive with me. The first year was really hard, I helped him stay on top of his job, and I wrote extensive notes so he wouldn’t forget to feed our kids or forget to drop them off at day care on his way into work. stay on top of his jobはどのような意味でしょうか?あと、on his way into workはon his way to workと言っても同じことでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英語 単語の省略

Among these countries are some of the most populous on earth, such as India and China. 名詞 of 形容詞 となっていますが、これはpopulousの後にcountriesが省略されているのですか?

• stupid of you to  のあとは動詞が続く?

英単語を学習する教材のDUO2.0のなかにこういうセンテンスがありました。 (1)It was stupid of you to believing him. 彼を信じたあなたがどうかしてたのよ stupid of you to のあとのbelievingはなぜ動名詞になっているのかがわかりません。 では、 (1) It was stupid of you to believing him. (2) It was stupid of you to believe him. (3) It is stupid of you to believing him. (4) It is stupid of you to believe him. 4つのセンテンスそれぞれのニュアンスの違いや文法的間違いを比較して説明していただけませんか? よろしくお願いいたします。

• vocally bitter about

There’s a part-time guy at work who makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I’m not sure why—other than a few horrifyingly awkward attempts at flirting and some uncomfortable staring, he hasn’t really done anything to set off that feeling. I’m not at all interested in him (I find his personality grating, and he’s one of those guys who’s vocally bitter about being single), but I’m trying my level best to be professionally cordial without, uh, “leading him on,” which has worked well so far for most of the day. vocally bitter aboutはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

STP are scheduled to perform on May 30th in Los Angeles at the MusiCares MAP Fund Benefit Concert, it is not know who will front them at that show but many are speculating that it could be Linkin Park frontman Chester Bennington since the event is honoring him:

• "in front of"と"ahead of"の違いについて

こんにちは。そして、Merry Christmas ! 今回もHarry potter and the philosopher's stoneに関してです。 UK版のp.96の4分の1あたりの文です。 新入生歓迎会を終えたHarry達が、監督生のPercyにつれられてグリフィンドールの寮に向かっています。その途中で、ゴーストのPeevesが新入生にいたずらをしようとしている場面です。 "A bundle of walking sticks was floating in mid-air ahead of them and as Percy took a step towards them they started throwing themselves at him." この英文の中で"ahead of them"とありますが、ここで"in front of them"を使うのは間違いでしょうか? 間違いだとしたら"ahead of"と"in front of"はどう使い分ければよいのでしょうか? 教えてください。 よろしくお願いします。

• 訳をお願いいたします!

確認をしたいのでお願いします! I mentally try out a few ways to praise and encourage my daughter. "I can tell you are working really hard on that project. You are really doing your best work." I wonder if it's necessary to get involved at all, depending on her own sense of motivation. My daughter says she is ready to read about the rest of Sammy's adventures. For now, my job is simply to listen.

• 英語の質問

(1)before と in front of wake と awake start to と begin to それぞれの用法やちがいが分かりません。 (2)I dont like him boasting of his success in business.はあっていますか?例文ではhimがhisになってました。 (3)文中のthatが省略されるときってどんな場合なのでしょうか? (4)that節、 to~、ing系など、形がとれるものと取れない動詞がありますが、あれは自分で調べてこつこつ覚えるしかないのでしょうか?

• 「the end of the day」について教えてください

Our objective is to complete at least three-quarters of the work XX the end of the day. 上記の文で、XXに入る前置詞は on, in, at, byのうち使用できるのはどれでしょうか。 理由も教えていただければ、助かります。

• 英文を日本語訳して下さい。

By 26 September the ground-holding divisions had been reorganised so that the regiments were side-by-side, covering a front of about 1,000 yd (910 m) each with the battalions one-behind-the-other, the first in the front line, one in support and the third in reserve, over a depth of 3,000 yd (2,700 m). Each of the three ground-holding divisions on the Gheluvelt Plateau had an Eingreif division in support, double the ratio on 20 September. On 25 September, a German attack on the front of the 20th Division (XIV Corps) was prevented by artillery fire but on the X Corps front south of I Anzac Corps, a bigger German attack took place. Crown Prince Rupprecht had ordered the attack to recover ground on the Gheluvelt Plateau and to try to gain time for reinforcements to be brought into the battle zone to bolster the defensive system. Two regiments of the 50th Reserve Division attacked either side of the Reutelbeek, with the support of 44 field and 20 heavy batteries of artillery, four times the usual amount of artillery for one division. The attack on a 1,800-yard (1,600 m) front from the Menin road to Polygon Wood, to recapture pillboxes and shelters in the Wilhelmstellung 500 yd (460 m) away, had been due to begin at 5:15 a.m. but the barrage fell short onto the German assembly area and the German infantry had to fall back until it began to creep forward at 5:30 a.m. The German infantry managed to advance on the flanks, about 100 yd (91 m) near the Menin road and 600 yd (550 m) north of the Reutelbeek, close to Black Watch Corner, with the help of a number of observation and ground-attack aircraft and a box-barrage, which obstructed the supply of ammunition to the British defenders, before fire from the 33rd Division troops being attacked and the 15th Australian Brigade along the southern edge of Polygon wood, forced them under cover, after recapturing some of the Wilhelmstellung pillboxes near Black Watch Corner. A number of attempts to reinforce the attacking troops failed, due to British artillery observers isolating the advanced German troops with artillery barrages.