• ベストアンサー

『すべてのX社員をY社員に切り替えた場合』の訳

プレゼンテーションのパワーポイントの見出しに使います。 「すべてのX社員をY社員に切り替えた場合」という見出しです。 自分では \"In case we switch from all Xs to Ys\" としたのですが、 (1)In case を仮説に使って良いのか、 (2)「切り替える」をswitch from A to B で良いのか、という2点で悩んでいます。 もっと良い文があったら教えてください。

• 英語
  • 回答数5
  • ありがとう数7

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Parismadam
  • ベストアンサー率65% (2756/4211)
回答No.5

こんにちは。1/31のご質問ではお返事を有難うございました。 1.既に指摘がありますが、In caseは「万一」というあり得ないことを想定しての仮定になりますから、その意味でなければ使わない方がいいでしょう。 可能性がある場合は、In the caseかIfで結構です。 2.「切り替える」は「置き換える」と言う意味のreplaceが相応しく、A with Bも文法的に間違いではありませんが、ここはreplaceを受動を表す過去分詞にして、前置詞をwithよりbyにした方がニュアンスがより伝わります。 例: We replace A with B =A is replaced by B 「AをBと置き換える」 ちなみに、substituteは「代用する」「代理をする」のニュアンスになります。 3.「見出し」ということですから、Ifを使った「節」ではなく、「句」表現にするとスマートにまとまるでしょう。その場合、省略の技巧を使います。 例: If A is needed =If A needed(isの省略) 「Aが必要な場合」 4.以上を踏まえて訳例は If Xs replaced by Ys 「XをYに置き換えた場合」 となります。 これはIf Xs is replaced by Ysのisの省略による「句」表現です。 We replace~の形と違い、Weがないのもすっきり見えます。 5.また、幾つかのケースを列挙する場合は、 Case Study 1: If Xs replaced by Ys 「ケーススタディ1:XをYに置き換えた場合」 などとした方が、簡潔に整理され見易いでしょう。 以上ご参考までに。

kyonko_k
質問者

お礼

" If Xs replaced by Ys”でも良いんですね。パワポの資料をいつも作っているのですが、会社がドイツ資本なのでドイツ人と日本人の間違った英語が散乱しており、正しい見出しの作り方がよくわかっていませんでした。非常に勉強になりました。ありがとうございました。

その他の回答 (4)

• joshsan
  • ベストアンサー率39% (116/293)
回答No.4

In case と In the case は違いますよ。 In case ~は、万が一~が起こった場合にそなえてというニュアンスです。「AをBに切り替えた場合」というのは、シミュレーションの前提となる"条件"でしょう。特定の条件を提示するのですから、the がなくてはNativeにはおかしく聞こえます。 In the case of replacing As with Bs. In the case that we replace As with Bs. switch / replace の他 substitute も使えそう。その場合、substitute Bs with As. ただ、プレゼンの見出しですから、文章にするより箇条書きみたいにしたほうが良いんじゃないでしょうか。その上で、in the case that ~と口で説明すればよい。 Case A : replace As with Bs / substitute Bs with As Case B : ~ Case C : ~

kyonko_k
質問者

お礼

in case と in the case、知らなかったです・・・。見出しについても勉強になりました。

回答No.3

switchは I can't work this weekend. Will you switch with me? や Can you switch your shift with anyone? のように、話している相手などに代わって欲しいときに使うときが多いですから避けたほうが良いでしょう。 英英辞書の定義もそのようになっていると思います。 >In case を仮説に使って良いのか ifのほうがよろしいと思います。場合によってはwhenがよいときもあるかもしれませんがin caseをあえて使う根拠がありません。 ここから後ろのご回答もよくご参考になさってください。

kyonko_k
質問者

お礼

丁寧な説明、ありがとうございました。switchの例文、勉強になりました。

noname#49694
noname#49694
回答No.2

ロングマン英英辞典switch [intransitive and transitive] American English if you switch with someone who does the same job as you, you exchange your working times with theirs for a short time [= swap British English] switch with [British English] Tom said he'd switch with me on Saturday. [British English] He asked if we could switch shifts. つまり In case X社員 switch with Y社員,  文法的にswitch from A to BでもOKですが。  ほかの表現としてはreplace A with Bというのも ロングマン英英辞典よりreplace 1 to start doing something instead of another person, or start being used instead of another thing: I'm replacing Sue on the team. Lectures have replaced the old tutorial system. 2 to remove someone from their job or something from its place, and put a new person or thing there: Two of the tyres had to be replaced. replace something with something They replaced the permanent staff with part-timers. 3 if you replace something that has been broken, stolen etc, you get a new one [↪ irreplaceable]: I'll replace the vase I broke as soon as possible. 4 to put something back where it was before: He replaced the book on the shelf. ―replaceable adjective (2) In case  仮説として使えます。 英辞郎の慣用表現より in case anybody is interested もし関心があるのなら in case of~ もし~の場合、もし~が起こったら in case that もし~の場合には

kyonko_k
質問者

お礼

なるほど・・・そういえば最近英英辞典をまったく使っていませんでした。こういうときに、使えば良いんですね。とてもよくわかりました。 In caseについてもわかりました。ありがとうございます。

回答No.1

If でよいと思います。 switch A to B より replace A with B のほうがよいと思います。 If we/you replace all As with Bs, (what do you think will happen?) でしょうか。

kyonko_k
質問者

お礼

Replace!まさに言いたかったのはそれです。役員レポートで使うので、助かりました。本当にありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• 可変個引数を使った関数で文字の長さを知りたい

可変個引数を使った引数を使って引数の文字列の長さを知りたいのですがどうすればいいのかわかりません。 DXライブラリを使って文字列の長さを測って文字をどこにおくのかを決めているため文字列の長さがわからないと困ってしまいます。 どのようにすれば可変個引数を使った引数の文字列の長さを測れますか? 大体以下のような感じで作っています。 void kai( int *x , int *y ); //文字列を改行する関数 int JC( unsigned char code ); //文字が1バイト文字 か 2バイト文字か判別する void mozi_show2( int x , int y , int xm , int yb , int color , int char_set , const char *s , ... ){   int i = 0;   int xs = 0 , ys = 0;   int m_color = color;   char One[ 2 ]; //1バイト文字格納用   char Two[ 3 ]; //2バイト文字格納用   const char* p;   va_list args;   va_start( args , s );   p = s;   while( *p != '\0' ){     switch( *p ){       case '%':         p++;         assert( *p != '\0' );         switch( *p ){           case 'd':             DrawFormatStringToHandle( x + xs , y + ys * yb , m_color , char_set , "%d" , va_arg( args , int ) );             //purintfと使い方はほぼ同じで左から文字を表示したいX座標・文字を表示したいY座標             //文字の色・文字の書式・格納用文字列・表示したいint型の数値をあらわしています             xs += 16;             /*             xs += GetDrawFormatStringWidthToHandle( char_set , "%d" , va_arg( args , int ) );             本来ならこの関数を使って文字列の長さを計る左から             文字列の書式・格納用文字列・長さを測りたいint型文字列             これを使うと別のものを計っているみたいで文字の長さがわからない             文字の長さってどうやって計るの?             */             break;           case 'f':             DrawFormatStringToHandle( x + xs , y + ys * yb , m_color , char_set , "%f" , va_arg( args , double ) );             break;           case 'c':             DrawFormatStringToHandle( x + xs , y + ys * yb , m_color , char_set , "%c" , va_arg( args , char ) );             break;           case 's':             DrawFormatStringToHandle( x + xs , y + ys * yb , m_color , char_set , "%s" , va_arg( args , const char* ) );             break;           case '%':             DrawFormatStringToHandle( x + xs , y + ys * yb , m_color , char_set , "%%" );             xs += GetDrawStringWidthToHandle( "%" , 1 , char_set );             break;         }         p++;         break;       default:         if( JC( *p ) ){           Two[ 0 ] = *p;           Two[ 1 ] = *( p + 1 );           Two[ 2 ] = '\0';           DrawStringToHandle( x + xs , y + ys * yb , Two , m_color , char_set );           xs += GetDrawStringWidthToHandle( Two , 2 , char_set );           p += 2;         }         else{           One[ 0 ] = *p;           One[ 1 ] = '\0';           DrawStringToHandle( x + xs , y + ys * yb , One , m_color , char_set );           xs += GetDrawStringWidthToHandle( One , 1 , char_set );           p++;         }         break;     }     if( xs > xm ){       kai( &xs , &ys );     }   }   va_end( args ); } void zitu_draw( void ){   char *str = "%d個 OK";   int i = 12;   mozi_show2( 100 , 100 , 300 , 15 , red_s , MG_14_0 , str , i );   //左から 文字を表示するX座標・文字を表示するY座標・文字を改行する文字列の長さ   //改行した時のY座標の縦幅・文字色・文字の書式・表示したい文字列・%dに表示したいint型の値 }

• 訳がわかりません!

Finally,submissions in all categories should address the unique qualities of the Downeast region. The contest is designed to celebrate the communities we live in, through accurate description of the people and their ways, for all the word to see,so that we may take our rightful place in the narrative of human affairs.

• 英訳をお願いします。

1 Realizing the power of nature to inspire today`s world. 2 We can learn from today`s living things because they are successful survivors on this planet. 3 Presentations have the power to make a great difference. 4 We can use the power of presentation to realize our dreams.

• 訳を手伝ってください。お願いします。

We must accept the good and bad in ourselves. However,when we come to judge others,it is not by ourselves as we really are that we judge them, but by an image that we have formed of ourselves from which we have left out everything that offends our vanity, or would discredit us in the eyes of the world. that we have formed of ourselvesはimageにかかっているはわかるのですが、 that offends our vanity, はeverythingにかかっているのですか? from which weの先行詞はimage このimageを元に戻すと、どこに入るのですか? 訳してみても、ぱっとしません。 どなたか訳を教えてください。 お願いします。

• 訳を手伝ってくれませんか??(2)

In my opinion, why argue at all? I can't say that you're right in your beliefs and I can't say that I am either. It's just not possible in my mind. But then, yes, I have experienced some of the feelings you mentioned in your letter. What's the point? Coming from someone who likes to think there is something out there, but realize that I am not sure - We're here to live together and to choose how to live in this society. I don't know what else there is, and I have accepted not knowing. こんにちは、アメリカ人からのメールですが、 (1)一行目のwhy argue at all?が全くわかりません(>_<) (2)What's the point? ポイントは何だっけ?というかんじでしょうか? (3) Coming from someone who l ikes to think there is something out there, but realize that I am not sureは全くわかりません<(_ _)>すみませんがどなたかアドバイスお願いします。

• 英語の和訳でつまずいています、訳を教えて下さい。

Mr. Geithner also urged Asian and Pacific economies to take up the slack as Europe confronts slowing economic growth. “We are all directly affected by the crisis in Europe,” he said, “but the economies gathered here are in a better position than most to take steps to strengthen growth in the face of these pressures from Europe.” ガイトナーさんの発言ですが、are in a better position than のつぎにmostがきており、これが何を指すのかわかりません。 この部分の訳を教えてください。 できれば文法的な説明もしていただけるとありがたいです。

• 日本語訳をお願いします!

詩の形式なので、日本語に直すのが難しいです…!日本語訳をお願いします。 BELOVED SANAT KUMARA Sanat Kumara, gracious Lord and King- Before your throne, our homage now we bring. Offerings and gifts of humble service true, Reverence and gratitude to God for you! Humbly we bow before your glorious throne, Clothe us in love and make us all your own! Give us your courage, strength and patience rare; Flood through us Venus’ love for all to share. Flood us with light, sustain us by your power, Give us your wisdom, guide us every hour, Seal us in peace- in love’s own God-control; Let your great wings of love our worlds enfold. You are God’s glory, majesty and grace! Your patient care has held for Earth her place. All through the ages that have gone before- Your love has been for Earth the open door. Now lift our Earth from strain and stress today, Free all her life - so earnestly we pray! Forces of nature, elementals, too, Sanat Kumara, dear! ALL call to you! Glory and honor unto you belong! Let all men free you now in grateful song! Let all that lives upon this planet raise Heart, soul and spirit to your name in praise! Great Central Sun, your gifts of love we call. For our dear friend of Light and Lord of All! Bless his dear Venus - Goddess from the Sun; Bless their dear planet and all life thereon!

• 日本語訳を教えてください。

ゼミで社会運動論を学んでいます。次回の文献が英文となり、どうしても旨く日本語訳できません。日本語訳を教えてください。 On one level it is kind of faith: a belief that forms of irresponsibility that seem to make power necessary are in fact the effects of power itself. In practice though it is a constant questioning, an effort to identify every compulsory or hierarchical relation in human life, and challenge them to justify themselves, and if they cannot-which usually turns out to be the case-an effort to limit their power and thus widen the scope of human liberty. Just as a Sufi might argue that anarchism is the urge for freedom behind all political ideologies. Schools of Marxism always have founder. Just as Marxism sprang from the mind of Marx, so we have Leninists, Maoists,, Althusserians... [Note how the list starts with heads of state and grades almost seamlessly into French professors- who, in turn, can spawn their own sects: Lacanians, Foucauldians....]

• 英語訳・・・というか解釈のしかたについて

For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed with our habitation which is from heaven, 聖書の第二コンリント5の2からの抜粋です。 desiringの主語はweだと思うのですが、なぜ進行形なのですか? 教えてください。

• [Y]を入れていく画面に変わりません。

[root@ /]# mysql_secure_installation NOTE: RUNNING ALL PARTS OF THIS SCRIPT IS RECOMMENDED FOR ALL MariaDB SERVERS IN PRODUCTION USE! PLEASE READ EACH STEP CAREFULLY! In order to log into MariaDB to secure it, we'll need the current password for the root user. If you've just installed MariaDB, and you haven't set the root password yet, the password will be blank, so you should just press enter here. Enter current password for root (enter for none): ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) Enter current password for root (enter for none): [Y]を入れていく画面に変わりません。 どうしてでしょうか? 教えてください。 ご回答の程、宜しくお願い申し上げます。