• ベストアンサー

どうしても訳せない英文2つあります!

こんにちは、またお知恵をお貸しください。 Fund managers remain cautious and skeptical about the Japanese government's willingness to take on the pain many believe is necessary to cure the country's economic ills. ※believe・isの辺りで文の切れ目がわかりません。isの主語がわかりませんでした。 Two sets of solid double, yellow lines two feet or more apart should be treated like a solid wall and not be crossed. ※solid の訳し方がわかりませんでした。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数5
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Mell-Lily
  • ベストアンサー率27% (258/936)
回答No.3

Fund managers remain cautious and skeptical about the Japanese government's willingness to take on the pain many belive is necessary to cure the countruy's economic ills. (ファンドマネージャーたちは、多くの人々が、この国の経済的な病気を治療するために必要であると信じている痛みを、日本政府が喜んで引き受けようとすることに、警戒心と懐疑心を抱き続けている。) この英文は、manyの前のwhichが省略されています。このwhichは、the painを受けています。  many (people) believe (that) [the pain] is necessary to cure the country's economic ills よって、isの主語は、the painです。 Two sets of solid double, yellow lines two feet or more apart should be treated like a solid wall and not be crossed. (2フィート、あるいは、それ以上離れた、二本の黄色い連続した線の2つのセットは、連続した壁として見なされるべきで、横切られるべきではない。)

その他の回答 (4)

回答No.5

これは悩みますね。 わたしはこうとりました。 Fund managers remain cautious and skeptical about (that) the Japanese government's willingness to take on the pain many believe is necessary to cure the country's economic ills. the Japanese ~ills までを that 節と考えるとなんとなく文法的でしょうか。

mapi1122
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます、みなさんの解説を読ませていただいて、かなりはっきりと大意がわかりました。前者は読売新聞、後者は多分運転免許の問題とかじゃないかと思われます。助かりました!!!

• boris
  • ベストアンサー率39% (26/66)
回答No.4

横槍みたいですみません。 最初の文の切れ目については、#2と#3さんと私も同意見です。意味を考えてもそうなりますよね。 でも、Fund managers remain cautious and skeptical about the Japanese government's willingness to ... の訳の部分は、Japanese government's willingness 自体に懐疑的である(日本政府は本気で前向きに取り組もうとしているのだろうか?)と私は読みました。

noname#11476
noname#11476
回答No.2

この文見たことあるような、、、washingtonpostの記事? the pain is necessary to cure the country's economic ills. です。 なんで ,many believe, とカンマがついていないのかは?です。 solid double ... 二重実線です。 solid line ... 実線です。 対比して、dotted line だと点線です。 Two sets of solid double ... 二つの二重実線 です。

• Singollo
  • ベストアンサー率28% (834/2935)
回答No.1

isの主語はthe Japanese government's willingness to take on the pain many believeだと思います solidはおそらく『切れ目の無い』でしょう

mapi1122
質問者

補足

ありがとうございます、Two sets of solid doubleはどういう意味になるのでしょう?

関連するQ&A

• 英文和訳

The bigger and stronger the government is,the more dangerous to individual freedom Americans believe it to be. という文章の和訳で悩んでいます。 The 比較級~の文なので「すればするほど」ですよ、ね? 「政府が強大なものであればあるほど、個人の自由に対する危険は大きくなる」? とすると、Americans believe it to beはどういう意味なんですか?itは何をさす語…? 分かる方、教えて下さると本当に助かります。

• この英文で大丈夫でしょうか?

「あなたに『電車やバスに乗る時は気をつけてね』って言いたいけど、でも用心するにも限度があるよね。公共の乗り物は大勢の他人が乗り合わせるものなんだから誰が怪しいかなんていくら用心して見てたってわからないもんね。本当に恐ろしい存在だねテロリストって。あなたとあなたの家族が危険な目に遭う事がないよう、日本から祈ってます。」 これを英語でどう言ったらいいでしょうか? こんな感じで大丈夫でしょうか? I would like you to be cautious when you are on the bus or train. But one cannot be cautious at all times. And since public vehicles are packed with strangers, it would be very difficult to spot who is behaving suspiciously. Indeed, dreadful are the terrorists! I am wishing here in Japan that you and your family would not be exposed to dangers of all kind. 添削お願いします。

• この英文は聖書でしょうか?

(1)Now John was clothed camel's hair, and had a leather girdle around his waist, and ate locusts and wild honey. (2)By my baptism the waters will be sanctified, receiving from me fire and the Holy Spirit... (3)In this body the life of Christ is communicated to those who believe and who, through the sacraments, are united in a hidden and real way to Christ in his passion and glorification. キリスト教/イエス/イエズス/神学/マリア/

• 英文の和訳希望

和訳をしていただけるかた のみで、 お願いいたします。 1段落の後半部分です。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 Aims no higher once he is at a comfortable level of life. Sticks in a rut after that. He will spend his money conservatively, not lavishly and he likes to have savings and to hold onto money, not through miserliness but because he wants to feel emotionally secure, and his history has taught him his money can waver. He only feels emotionally secure when he is financially secure. You won't have to scrape or scrimp if you marry him. Your partner will be cautious and stubborn but generous to you with gifts and reliable in money matters. Down to earth and sensible in his decisions. The chart does not show magnificent riches, but it does show a solid comfortable and conventional financial life together, which is reassuring.

• 英文について

英文について A dog is a fairly loving animal, but if you train it to be an attack dog, the meanness with which it is treated deliberately changes the behavior of the animal. 『the meanness with which it is』の意味と文法が分かりません。 ご教示宜しくお願いします。

• 英文について

下記の英文のhave one's hopes rise only to be dashed downについてご教授願います。 There is nothing so frustrating as to have one's hopes rise only to be dashed down again and again after months of planning and joyful anticipation, and to realize that there had been no move from the position one was in this time last year. have one's hope riseのhaveは使役動詞(have O 原形)でしょうか。目的語が人のパターンをよく見かけるので今ひとつ自信がありません。 また、only toはのonlyはto~を修飾して「~するためだけに」でしょうか。「~したが・・・だった」ではなく。 それから、be dashed downの意味がよくわかりません。辞書で調べたら「書き留める」とありましたが、ここでは当てはまらないのかなと。。 質問が多くてお手数かけますが、ご教授いただけましたら幸いです。なにとぞよろしくお願いいたします。

• 英文の和訳をお願いします

以下の文章です。 Although the days of rigid etiquette have passed, Spenser's words are still true; men and women are judged by their behaviour. Modern etiquette has its conventions but there are very few hard and fast rules. The basis of all good manners is consideration for others and an understanding of how they would like to be treated. Unfortunately it seems that life is increasingly lived according to the gospel of go-getting, which means putting others well down the list of life's priorities. This is a shortsighted attitude as good manners are based on common sense and are designed to oil the wheels of society, making life easier and more comfortable for everyone. Ignore them and you may be seen to lack common sense, kindness and knowledge. Needless to say, everyone, including the most thoughtful, occasionally makes gaffes. Those who are the most confident carry off such embarrassing situations with panache, using their wit and good humour to navigate between the bricks they've dropped.

• 英文の翻訳をお願いします!

Nonetheless, in the Big Brother/It Could Be You society, great swaths of the population believe they can become rich and famous, and that it is highly desirable. (Oliver James "Selfish capitalism is bad for our mental health"より)

• この英文を日本語に翻訳してください!

Will you be tonight the girl I used to know And used to be my real love Will you be the one to hold me Will you be the one To love memoreandmore I'll show you the way How to believe to what you feel Oh I may be right, I may be wrong Even the things I can't explain Are heading for something Baby make up your mind Follow your dreams until the night is over Baby make up your mind Follow your heat and it like a dreamer Baby see, tonight the moon is just as bright And crear as when we fell in love All around is dark so baby Open up your eyes and gaze (the)stars above よろしくお願いします。

• この英文訳してください。。。

この英文訳してください。。。 文が難しくて訳せません。 わかるかた教えてください Jamie `s program is fun, but he is a serious young man. For example, he has trained disadvantaged young ?sters to be professional chefs. Also he was won awards for helping children to learn about healthy eating. His program teaches skills which many young people don`t learn at home anymore-how to shop well, or how to choose fruit and vegetables. Jamie`s philosophy can be found in the title of his program. The naked chef. It shows that he values preparing simple, healthy food. Today many young people eat fast food. But Jamie`s is telling us to be creative with the things that we find in our kitchen. He also reminds us of the pleasure of sharing good food with family and friends. This is the recipe for his success, and for great cooking お願いいたします