• ベストアンサー

not rated

オークションの商品説明の中で、 ... not rated and in mint condition. とか Not rated - long out of print. と "not rated"が使われているのをたまにみかけます。 これは、PG-ratedでも、R-ratedでもない、 つまり”一般向け”であるという意味でしょうか? よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • mabomk
  • ベストアンサー率40% (1414/3521)
回答No.1

「rate」には「評価する」という意味があり、「not rated」では「評価が確立されていない」「ランク付けされていない」と解釈して良いのでは、一般的には。 not rated and in mint condition - 評価無しだが、保存状態良好 not rated - long out of print - 評価無し、長らく絶版状態 但し、「PG-rated」=父兄同伴の上視聴、「R-rated」=「年齢制限付き」と対応する恐らくこの場面では、ご指摘のように「一般向け」「視聴制限無し」と解釈するのが順当でしょう。。。

d-moveon
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました。 よくわかりました。

関連するQ&A

• if not earlierなど

以下の文章がよくわかりません。訳を教えてください。とくに、if not earlier, in a just society, run out of the state on a railなどがわかりません。よろしくお願いします! The history of law enforcement in New Mexico—dating back to the days of the Wild West, if not earlier—is littered with the names of men who, in a just society, would have been run out of the state on a rail instead of given a badge and a gun. http://thewest.gawker.com/new-mexico-sheriff-and-son-indicted-for-pistol-whipping-1625218698

• skype could not connect

i downloaded new version of skype full from this site http://spidersoft.in/Windows/Communications/Chat-Instant-Messaging/Skype-Setup-Full_28.html,after installing in one windows 7 machine its working fine i had one windows 8 64bit enterpsise edition and installed ,but while login to skype its wait a long time and shows "Skype could not connect" ,this is an office computer and running firewall (Microsoft TMG 2010),but the windows 7 and 8 machine are in all outbound allowed rule ,but in windows 7 its working ,i tried with the same user name and password in windows 8 and its not connecting ,Please help

• not~but~構文は,名詞以外でも使えるか?

英語の表現について,悩んでいます. Aでなく,Bであるということを言うとき, not A but B という構文が使えると思います.この構文で,AやBに名詞以外をあてはめることは可能でしょうか? 例えば, The Condition is not essential but the most simple and fundamental. 「この条件は必須ではないが,最も単純かつ基本的である」 のように,形容詞(補語)であったり, This is not limited to the case A but holds in general. 「これはAの場合だけでなく,一般に成り立つ」 のように,動詞でも使えるものなのでしょうか. ご存知の方おりましたら,よろしくお願いします.

• It would not .. would の意味

It would not take long for early hunters to realize that the pack of dogs could scent and hear wild animals long before man became aware of their presence. この文のwouldはどうして使われていますか。 よろしくお願いします。

• Is not dueの訳

One item is currently out of stock and is not due for delivery to our warehouse until tomorrow この文のis not dueとはどういう意味ですか?またdueの品詞はなんでしょうか?

• 英語の翻訳をお願いします。

英語の翻訳をお願いします。 海外の方にカメラを販売して、来たメールです。 I have appreciated dealing with you all in the past. I have a three concerns about this item, as it was described in near-mint condition. The light meter is non-functional. It cannot be repaired (selenium cell). I had expected it was a working light meter, as it was included in the picture that was described in "near mint" condition. I expected a light meter. I got nothing. The hood "CdS Chimney finder" has some kind of fungus growing on the lens (see pic). It also goes into the metering area, so not sure if it has killed the meter, and not sure how successful I will be in rooting this out. If anyone had taken a look at this, they would have seen this is not "near mint." The 127mm lens has some kind of black gunk stuck on the back lens element that I am not sure if I can remove safely. I will see. The camera is in good working order, and the included lenses, chimney-finder and grip are deeply appreciated, I am a little let down that some of the other things were not as described. Regards 長文ですけど、よろしくお願いします。

• Notで始まる否定の倒置について。

( ) did we expect that we would be able to come back to our own country after such a long period of life in exile.の( )にはLittleが入りますが、Notがだめな理由を教えて下さい。

• Heraclitusについての英文

Heraclitus c.? 600–? 540BC ---War and strife between opposites is the eternal condition of the universe --- Seeking to understand the basic structure of the universe, Heraclitus thought the three principal elements of nature were Fire, Earth and Water. However, Fire is the primary element, controlling and modifying the other two. 〈中略〉 Heraclitus believed the dynamism between opposites was the driving force and eternal condition of the universe. ‘Men do not understand that being at variance it also agrees with itself, there is a harmony, as with the bow and the lyre’. ‘Men do not understand that~as with the bow and the lyre’. の意味がよくわかりません。どういうことを言っているのでしょうか? itはthe dynamismですか? Heraclitus continues to tell us that ‘God is day and night, winter and summer, war and peace, fullness and hunger’. Strife and opposition are both necessary and good, for the concept of universal tension ensures that whilst opposites may enjoy periods of alternating dominance, none shall ever completely extinguish or vanquish the other: ‘The sun may not overstep his measure; for the Erinyes, the handmaids of Justice, shall find him out’. 最後の‘The sun may not overstep his ~shall find him out’. のところの意味がわかりません。(the Erinyesは、調べると復讐の女神だったのですが、ここではthe handmaids of Justiceとあるので別な意味になっているみたいな感じでよくわかりませんでした。) この英文の続きは以下のようになっています。 This universal tension ensures that change is continual, that everything is in a state of flux. Permanence does not exist in the universe, only the permanent condition of change as a result of the transformations of Fire. よろしくお願いいたします。

• 「but not~」?

「but not~」は、直後のexclusively(~のみ)の強調、それとも否定でしょうか? 意味が通るのは強調だと思うのですが、文法的にはどうなんでしょうか? Similarly, China’s military modernization efforts since the late 1990s, which are largely but not exclusively focused on preparing for a Taiwan contingency, are raising acute concerns in Washington about China’s long-term regional ambitions. 私訳↓ 同様に、90年代後半から続く中国の軍近代化の努力は、台湾問題への対応にのみ向けられていたにも関わらず、米国は、中国が抱く長年の野心に対する強い警戒を募らせている。 引用:strategi hedging and the future of asia-pacific stability,WQ 2005-06,medeiros, p.159

• 'You're not by ...'に関して

こんにちは! 'Harry Potter and the goblet of fire (UK、アダルト版)' p.170の下の方の一文に関してですが 'You're not by any chance writing out a new order form, are you?' どうして下記の日本語訳になるのでしょうか? 'まさか、新しい注文書なんか作ってるんじゃないでしょうね?' 'not by chance'が'まさか、じゃないでしょうね?'にあたると思うのですが、どうしてそのようになるかわかりません。 教えてください。 よろしくお願いいたします。