• ベストアンサー

It would not .. would の意味

It would not take long for early hunters to realize that the pack of dogs could scent and hear wild animals long before man became aware of their presence. この文のwouldはどうして使われていますか。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

過去の推量でしょうね。 当時のハンターたちが気づくのにそれほど時間はかからなかっただろう、 人間がその存在に気づくはるか前に動物の臭いや音を感知すると。 実際にあったことのはずで、でも今の時代の人からすると推量するしかない。 would は現在の推量にもなり、would have 過去分詞で過去の推量、というのもありますが、 そのまま、過去の推量にもなります。 現在の推量 will が時制の一致で would になったというか、 would はこれ以上、過去にならない部分がある、というか。 こういう場合に have 過去分詞になるかどうかでややこしいところもありますが、 ここでは would で自然に感じます。

chadori
質問者

お礼

過去形ではだめなのだろうかと思っていましたが、確かに過去の事は推量するしかないのですね。 ありがとうございます。すっきりしました。

その他の回答 (3)

回答No.4

early hunters 「大昔の狩人」とありますので、過去の出来事を「…であったろう」と想像しているのです。

chadori
質問者

お礼

過去の推量ですね。ありがとうございます。

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.3

1。 下記の助動詞の2「だろう」という推量を表している例だと思います。     http://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=would 2。訳     初期の狩猟民族にとって、犬の群れは、人間が気づく遥か前から野獣の匂いや音を気がつくことを理解するには長くかからなかったことだろう。 3。     別に何万年前の狩人に直接インタビューした訳ではありませんので、こうだったろう、と推量して言っていることを表していると思います。

chadori
質問者

お礼

3に関して、そのとおりですね。ありがとうございます。

回答No.2

> 当時のハンターたちが気づくのにそれほど時間はかからなかっただろう、 人間がその存在に気づくはるか前に動物の臭いや音を感知すると。 大事な主語を忘れていました。 当時のハンターたちが気づくのにそれほど時間はかからなかっただろう、 人間がその存在に気づくはるか前に、犬が、動物の臭いや音を感知すると。

関連するQ&A

• wouldについて教えてください。

Sometimes, I want to run away from everything . I would live in my own world . I would have super powers . Like the power to heal people and animals . I would also be able to hear the thoughts of animals and people . これらの文の中に出てくる would の用法や訳し方がわかりません。教えてください。お願いします。

• would の意味と使い方を教えてください。

Who invented television? It is not an easy question to answer. In the early years of the 20th century, there was something called a mechanical television system, but it was not a success. Inventors were also competing to develop an electronic television system, which later became the basis of what we have today. In the US, there was a battle over the patent for the electronic television system, which attracted people’s attention because it was between a young man and a giant corporation. This patent would give the inventor the official right to be the only person to develop, use, or sell the system. 【共通テスト2022年過去問】英語(リーディング)第5問 第一パラグラフだけ抜粋しました。 This patent would give the inventor the official right to be the only person to develop, use, or sell the system. このセンテンスで使われているwould について質問です。 ネットのweblioで 「〈ものが〉…する能力があった,…することができた 」とありました。多分、これが一番合っているのだと思います。 1:このwould はcouldと同じと考えていいのでしょうか?   (couldは仮定法と誤解されるから使えないという理由で) 2:それともこのwouldは全く別物でしょうか? 3:もしこのwould への理解『物+would +動詞(物が~できた)』が正しいならですが、どういうときに使われるのですか? このwouldの用法に不慣れです。「なんだこれ?」と思いました。 どうぞよろしくお願いします。  

• 教えてください

The man had a long white beard, very old skin, and eyes that reminded him of Santa Claus. But it was a little too early for Santa, and Santa definitely didn't dress like this. a little too early は「少し早すぎる」という意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします。

• なんのwould

During our sophomore year, Matt developed a drinking problem. In our college environment, it was at first difficult to tell if he was truly an alcoholic or … simply in college. But quickly his behavior changed drastically. Matt would drink before class or smuggle gin into lectures in a water bottle. He spent most of his money on alcohol, amassing a liquor cabinet in his dorm that would have been impressive to Don Draper. Worst of all, my sweet friend became violent. He slapped a friend of ours in the face and roughly pushed me as well. Matt would cite the impact of his own father’s alcoholism on him when confronted. Matt would citeのwouldの意味を教えてください。(一時の出来事なので「~したものだ」ではおかしいですよね?)よろしくお願いします

• ここでなぜwould haveが使われるのですか

Many bird and reptile species use hihssing as a threat device against potential predators. The way these species produce hissing sounds is similar enough that it is likely that this behavior developed in an early comon ancestor. At the time this common ancestor would have lived, however, none of its potential predators would have yet acquired the anatom necessary to hear hissing sounds. ここの最後の文は特に仮定法でもないと思うのですがなぜwould haveが使われているのでしょうか。

• 仮定法

To hear her speak, you might take her for an American. A man of sense would be ashamed of such behavior. この二つの文は何故仮定法になるか 詳しく教えてください。

• 英語の質問です。これはどういう意味ですか?

they both became suddenly interested in me when they found out I never did things before..and he is a black guy which all of the black guys would like to date me and also other things I won't go into detail..so, does that explain why?

• 長文英語

訳をお願いします。 Wolves are famous and wild, dangerous and dark. They are found everywhere in folk tales. In children's stories the wolf blew down the little pigs'houses and swallowed Red Riding Hood's grandmother whole. There is legend that the wolf is the devil in disguise and ( ア )some men become murderous werewolves when the moon is full. Poor wolves. They have done little to deserve their reputation. In biological terms, they are little more than large dogs, such close relations that they can easily breed together. All our domestic dogs are descened from wolves. Sometime, more than 15,000 years ago, wolves were domesticated and, over centuries of breeding, turned into Man's Best Friends. If there were no wolves, we would have no guide dogs or sheepdogs or retrievers, and no pet dogs. Our own distant ancestors were hunters, and competed with wolves, which were much more numerous than today. But people then probably felt they had little to fear. Wolves are shy and unlikely to attack something as dangerous as a person. Like many predators, they choose the easiest target ― old, sick or wounded animals. The native peoples of North America called them brother and sister hunters, and respected them. The change in human attitudes came when people became farmers, keeping animals in fields. Wolves soon learned to make use of this. They attacked farm animals, and gained a reputation as fearsome thieves, who must be hunted to death. Wolves,(over /to /used /wander /which) most of Europe, have disappeared completely from much of the continent. They are more numerous in North America, and believed to be around 8,000 in Alaska alone. There, these fine animals can be seen in the wild, living as they should under the open sky, and in the vast northern forests. (ア)に適当な1語と 上の(over /to /used /wander /which)の並び替えもよろしくお願いします!  

• "some hunters" と "others" の対表現にsomeは必須か?

次の英文は英字新聞のある記事の一部です。 Barrow, the biggest of the far northern native villages with 4,600 people, has not only had beach erosion, but early ice breakup. Hunters have been stranded at sea, and others have been forced to go far beyond the usual hunting grounds to find seals, walruses and other animals. (http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:Q57QVCZLw_MJ:www.heatisonline.org/contentserver/objecthandlers/index.cfm%3Fid%3D3989%26method%3Dfull+%22Barrow,+the+biggest+of+the+far+northern+native+villages+with+4,600+people%22&hl=ja&gl=jp&ct=clnk&cd=1の最後から四分の1ぐらいのところです) 最後の文は”hunters”と”others”が対になって用いられているように思います。文脈からして、ここではothersはother huntersとしか考えられませんが、こういう場合に”hunters”の前にsome(あるいはmany)が置かれる必要はないのでしょうか?手元の辞書や文法書などでは”some~”と”others”が対になって用いられることになっているように思います。 なお、nativeにも形式を変えて尋ねてみたんですが、どうも統一的な説明をもらえませんでした。

• どのような意味でしょうか

I’m a 25-year-old woman getting married in the summer. My mother is very old-fashioned and proper, and does not believe in sex before marriage. She also believes that my husband and I are virgins and will remain that way until our wedding night. Both of us have been sexually active since high school! My older sister told me that my mom is planning on giving me a sex talk and explaining how everything works and “how to please a man” before my wedding. I would like nothing less than to listen to my mother explain sex to me, would like nothing less than toはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします