• 締切済み

どなたかお願いします。

以下の文を和訳しなくてはいけないのですが、自分には高度すぎます。 どなたか時間のある方がいらっしゃったらお願いします。 Consider next some of the ways in which we will account for the interruptability of word sequences, as with, say a book, where we could insert new, good, rather, interesting and countless other forms between a and book. A third difference between syntax and morphology is that in syntax we will describe constructions by setting up functional positions, obligatory or optional, filled by specified classes (i.e. a description along the lines sketched in 3), thereby catering for a great many specific instances of the construction as particular members of the various classes combine in accordance with the general rule. For example – and simplifying a great deal – we might have a construction for the NP containing a ‘determiner” (a functional position typically filled by words like a, the, some, this, which, each, etc.) , optionally one or more ‘modifiers” (filled by AdjPs like new, good, rather interesting) and a ‘head” (filled by nouns). These rules will then yield or ‘generate” a vast number of NPs: a book, a good book, the book, the new book, this film, this rather interesting film, and so on. It will of course be necessary to account for various restrictions on combinations – a can only occur with a singular noun in the head position, many only with a plural, and so on – but this doesn’t affect the point that in syntax we are typically dealing with general rules involving classes of forms. But in morphology the restrictions are typically so great and idiosyncratic that it is normally not feasible to deal in general rules for combining classes: for example, with affixation we need to describe individually the distribution of particular affixes. We would not have a word construction A-B-C-D, with the four functions filled by morphological classes I, II, III, IV and treat unrepentantly, say, as simply resulting from the selection of particular members of these classes; rather we would look at the affixes in turn, nothing that repent is one of a small number of verbs to which – ant can be suffixed to form an adjective, that the resultant repentant can then take the class-preserving suffix un- and that the adjective unrepentant can be changed into an adverb by suffixation of –ly.

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数4

みんなの回答

回答No.3

>日本語でどう表現するか難しかった 私は大学院で授業を受けているのですが、 訳しにくい語はそのまま使用するように言う教授もいらっしゃいます。 >interruptability 手元にあるリーダーズで調べてみましたが、載っていませんでした・・ しかし、interrupt + able + -ityっていうのはわかりますでしょうか? 「a book、のaとbookの間には、いろいろな形容詞が『入りうる』」 とかどうですか?よっぽどの直訳を求められる場合でなければ、 内容がわかっていればセーフではないでしょうか。(少なくとも 私はそう思いたい;;;) >functional position 英語学要語辞典にはとりあえず載ってません・・だから専門用語ではないかと思うのですが・・。 この文が分かりやすかったので挙げてみます。 For example - ; and simplifying a great deal - ; we might have a construction for the NP containing a ‘determiner” (a functional position typically filled by words like a, the, some, this, which, each, etc.) , 「例えば、-かなり簡潔にすると - 決定詞を含むNPの構造があるとします。(決定詞と言うのは、典型的にはa, the, some, this...などによって満たされる機能の位置ですが)」 とかどうでしょうか。私もうまいほうではないので、参考にしていただければいいと思います。 >simplifying a great dealはgreat dealを簡潔にという事? 電子辞書などで「a great deal」で成句検索すると、副詞であり、=muchだと載っています。 (余談ですが、このような成句検索のコツなどについてもっと興味がおありでしたら『英語 辞書力を鍛える』磐崎広貞 などが良いと思います。参考までに) But in morphology the restrictions are typically so great and idiosyncratic that it is normally not feasible to deal in general rules for combining classes (ざっくり訳してみました) しかし形態論だと、制限と言うのは典型的に多く(大きく)、そして特異的なことに、語の類(品詞とか)を結びつける一般的な規則を扱う事は、通常、可能ではない。(数が多いからってことでしょうかね。) : for example, with affixation we need to describe individually the distribution of particular affixes. 例えば、接辞に関して、ある特定の接辞の分類を個々に説明・描写する必要がある。 We would not have a word construction A-B-C-D, with the four functions filled by morphological classes I, II, III, IV and treat unrepentantly, say, as simply resulting from the selection of particular members of these classes; >この文は後半がよく分かりませんでした。 私もABCDやI, II, III, IVなどが何を指すか、もう少し大きな文脈がないとわかりづらいですが・・・、原文の最後のほう、 「repentは動詞で、antが付くと形容詞になって、un-が付くと語の種類は同じままで(反対の意味になって)、lyが付くと副詞になる」ってことがかいてあるので、この部分から推測するに、ただ単に単語を並べた事から出来るA-B-C-Dという単語はないってことじゃないでしょうか。 長くなってしまいました。笑

回答No.2

文字化けしている部分がありますが、そこはわかりますか? あと、もう少し「分からないところだけ」に絞っていただけると 少し回答しやすいのですが。

sakura-4
質問者

お礼

返信ありがとうございました。投稿した後に自分が出来る範囲で訳してみましたが、日本語でどう表現するか難しかったです。文字化けしている所はハイフン -です。 自分が分からなかった箇所は interruptabilityをどう訳すかが分かりませんでした。 functional position は機能肢位と訳しますか? simplifying a great dealはgreat dealを簡潔にという事? But in morphology the restrictions are typically so great and idiosyncratic that it is normally not feasible to deal in general rules for combining classes: for example, with affixation we need to describe individually the distribution of particular affixes. We would not have a word construction A-B-C-D, with the four functions filled by morphological classes I, II, III, IV and treat unrepentantly, say, as simply resulting from the selection of particular members of these classes; この文は後半がよく分かりませんでした。so greatは(大きい)でしょうか? この位なんですが、まだ多いですよね。時間的に余裕があったらでいいんでお願いします。

noname#111031
noname#111031
回答No.1

どうしても内容を正確に知りたいのなら、専門屋(有料)に依頼されたら如何ですか?他人の好意に甘えるような長さでも、難しさでもないと思います。

sakura-4
質問者

お礼

返信ありがとうございます。 確かに長いですよね・・・。 昨夜、自分で出来る範囲で訳してみました。合ってるかわ分からないですが。ほとんど寝なかったのでTOEICきつかったです。

関連するQ&A

• 構文分析よろしくお願い致します

Any book of which we say to ourselves , when we have done with it ,“That is a good book”, we find to be so by virtue of the writer's personality which we have been in contact with : we say so , possibly , beccuse we find that our own self has been affected , even though for a while. 構文分析よろしくお願い致します

• この文章の和訳をよろしくお願いします。

3. Examples of orbital calculations To find efficient numerical procedures for obtaining <P(e ,i)>, we have made detailed orbital calculations for two typical cases, (e, i)=(0, 0) and (1, 0.5). The former is the simplest case with a single parameter b, and corresponds to that studied by Giuli (1968), Nishida (1983) and Petit and Hénon (1986). In the latter, the orbit changes with three parameters b, τ, and ω in a complicated manner. From this example, we can see the characteristic features of orbits in the three-dimensional case. In the present examples, it is supposed that a protoplanet with a mean mass density 3gcm^-3, orbits in the Earth’s region. Furthermore, we adopt 1% as the limiting accuracy criterion for use of the two-body approximation. These give 0.005 and 0.03 for the radius of the protoplanet and that of the two-body sphere, respectively (see Eqs. (12) and (13)). よろしくお願いします。

• 英文の翻訳をお願いします。

どなたか英文を翻訳していただける方が居ましたらぜひお願いいたします。 I hinted at the end of chapter 1 that while some people consider theory to be a mystification of practice, rather than a tool for disseminating or supporting it, I believe that theories help us to appreciate our practice with more depth and resonance. Ultimately, your response to what we've outlined in this book might be to suggest a theory of your own, based on your own thinking and experience - as some of the practitioners we've interviewed do. But be careful in supported by empirical evidence. The next stage is to work out how you can put your own informed opinions to the test and turn them into a sound theory. Finally, remember that this book is by no means the last word on anything. We hope to have last word on anything. We hope to have whetted your appetite to look at visual communication in more detail, and pointed you in the direction of alternative sources that will extend your knowledge even further.

• この英文の和訳をお願いします。

We evaluated <P(e, 0)> for 12 cases of e between 0 and 6: e=0.0, 0.01, 0.1, 0.5, 0.75, 0.9, 1.0, 1.2, 1.5, 2.0, 4.0, and 6.0. As for r_p, we considered three cases: r_p=0.005, 0.001, and 0.0002. These are representative values of radii of protoplanets at the Earth, Jupiter, and Neptune orbits regions, respectively. The numbers of collision orbits found by our orbital calculation are shown in Table 3 for representative values of e. From Table 3 we can expect the statistical errors in the evaluated collisional rate to be within 5% for the cases of e≦1.5 and within 8% for e=4 and 6; they are smaller than that of the previous studies by Nishida (1983) and by Wetherill and Cox (1985).    The calculated collisional rate is summarized in terms of the enhancement factor defined by Eq. (27) and shown in Fig.11, as a function of e and r_p. From Fig.11 one can see that the collisional rate is always enhanced by the effect of solar gravity, compared with that of the two-body approximation <P(e,0)>_2B. In particular, in regions where e≦1, R(e,0) is almost independent of e, having a value as large as 3. At e≦1, R(e,0) has a notable peak beyond which the enhancement factor decreases gradually with increasing e. For large values of e, i.e., e≧4, <P(e,0)> tends rapidly to <P(e,0)>_2B. As seen in the next section, we will find a similar dependence on e even in the three-dimensional case (i≠0) as long as we are concerned with cases where i≦2. お手数ですが、よろしくお願いします。

• この文章の和訳をお願いします。

2. Initial conditions for orbital integration To obtain <P(e, i)>, we must numerically compute a number of orbits of planetesimals with various values of b, τ, and ω for each set of (e, i) and then examine whether they collide with the protoplanet or not. In this section, we consider the ranges of b, τ, and ω to be assigned in orbital calculations, and give initial conditions for orbital integration. One can see in Eq. (6) that Hill’s equations are invariant under the transformation of z→-z and that of x→-x and y→-y; on the other hand, a solution to Hill’s equations is described by Eq. (7). From the above two characteristics, it follows that it is sufficient to examine only cases where 0≦ω≦π and b≧0. Furthermore, we are not interested in orbits with a very small b or a very large b; an orbit with a very small b bends greatly and returns backward like a horse shoe ( Petit and Hénon, 1986; Nishida, 1983 ), while that with a very large b passes by without any appreciable change in its orbital element. どうかよろしくお願いします。

• 日本語訳をお願いいたします。

In early 1916, the German army had 900,000 men in recruit depots and another 300,000 due in March when the 1897 class of conscripts was called up. The army was so flush with men that plans were made to demobilise older Landwehr classes and in the summer, Falkenhayn ordered the raising of another 18 divisions, for an army of 175 divisions. The costly battles at Verdun and the Somme had been much more demanding on German divisions and they had to be relieved after only a few days in the front line, lasting about 14 days on the Somme. A larger number of divisions might reduce the strain on the Westheer and realise a surplus for offensives on other fronts. Hindenburg and Ludendorff ordered the creation of another 22 divisions, to reach 179 divisions by early 1917. The men for the divisions created by Falkenhayn had come from reducing square divisions with four infantry regiments to triangular divisions with three regiments, rather than a net increase in the number of men in the army.

• 和訳お願いします。。。

和訳お願いします。。。 In my house, we eat in the kitchen, but we have a dining room too (when we have guests). In the kitchen, it's a round table in wood, with a table cloth. I seat between my father and my sister ^-^ We watch TV during the meals too. For midday, we watch news, and the evening we watch movies or other TV programs. Generally, we eat a salad first (cucumber, tomatoes or salad), then the main dish (fish, chicken, and some other things with vegetables, rice or pasta). Then, cheese, yogurt and fruits. Now, you know all about French meals ! :) Yes, I sleep sometimes during classes ! But not a lot, I don't want to be seen by the teachers ^-^. The day I sleep the most is tuesday, because it's the day I have lots of classes. My sister, in University, is very lucky, because she doesn't works on monday, and she has not a lot of classes. University in France is quite relaxing ^-^ By the way, what do you mean by "Do you have the subject studying besides Russian" ?

• スーパー・フリー

◎から下の英文和訳お願いします。 Just as we see that fallow land, if rich and fertile, teems with a hundred thousand wild and useless weeds, and that to set it to work we must subject it and sow it with certain seeds for our service; and as we see that women, all alone, produce shapeless masses and lumps of flesh, but that to create a good and natural offspring they must be made fertile with a different kind of seed; so it is with minds. ◎Unless you keep them busy with some definite subject that will bridle and control them, they will throw themselves in disorder hither and yon in the vague field of imagination.  * The Essays by Michel de Montaigne

• 和訳をお願いします

和訳をお願いします(>_<) When we got our first cat, rather than doing everything herself, my motor insisted that my sister and I heplp care for out cat by feeding and brushing her. This was a valuable lesson for both of us. Caring for a pet can also help children develop caring social responsibility, and that has been useful to me in other areas of my life.

• 訳の区切りが分かりません;

In her book Darwin'sPlots , the Cambridge literary historian Gillian Beer has argued persuasively that not only was Darwin's Origin of Species filled with literary allusions (e.g. to Milton's Paradise Lost) and the kind of metaphorical language used by poets such as Wordsworth whom he had read greedily as a young man, but that the book actually resembled a Victorian novel in its construction. 上の文章で、()された後のandの前で区切るか区切らないかが分かりません。 自分で訳してみたのですが、 区切ると、 文学的なほのめかし(例えばミルトンの『楽園喪失』)で満たされた種の起源と彼が若者として欲張って読んでいたワーズワースのような詩人によって使われる比喩的な言語の種類・・・ 区切らなければ、 文学的なほのめかし(例えばミルトンの『楽園喪失』)とそういう比喩的な言語でいっぱいのダーウィンの種の起源・・・ というようになりました。 区切るか区切らないかでニュアンスが変わってしまうので、回答をお願いします。 ちなみに自分は英語が苦手です; 区切る区切らないという中学生レベルの質問でスミマセン;