• ベストアンサー

和訳お願いします

All tourists cherish an illusion, of which no amount of experience can ever completely cure them; they imagine that they will find the time, in the course of their travels, to do a lot of reading. 「全ての旅行者は、どれほど経験しても完全には取り除くことの出来ない幻想を抱く。彼らは、旅行の間にたくさんの読書をするための時間を見つけるのだろう」 という訳でよいでしょうか?それとも、「, of which」のところを非制限用法と解釈し、「,」の前で一端文を切ってから訳した方がいいのでしょうか?訳も自信がないので、合わせて教えて下さい。

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

「, of which」という形は非制限用法ですが,和訳する際,制限用法なら後ろから訳す,非制限用法ならいったん切って訳す,と必ずしもなるわけではありません。  ただ,今回の場合は,「すべての旅行者はある幻想を抱く。その幻想は,どれほど経験しても完全には取り除くことができないものである」といったん切った方が自然な流れになるでしょう。  というのも,セミコロン以下は,「彼らは,旅行の間にたくさんの読書をする時間があるだろうと思い込んでしまう」と,an illusion の説明をしているからです。本をいくつか旅行に持っていっても,実際には読む時間などない,ということです。

jiyoy
質問者

お礼

いったん切った方がよいという理由には、なるほど、と思いました。どうもありがとうございます。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (1)

• sukinyan
  • ベストアンサー率38% (119/313)
回答No.2

付け加えますと、;は「即ち」と訳すと便利です。直訳すると、「すなわち、以下のことを想像する、旅行中に時間を見つけて、読書三昧できるであろうと。」といった感じとなります。

jiyoy
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 和訳をお願いします。

In each frame a completely new set of feature-points is tracked which makes the tracker is very adaptive. という文章です。 各々のフレームにおいて、とても順応性のあるトラッカをつくる、完全に新しい特徴点のセットが追跡される。 という訳でいいのでしょうかお願いします。

• 英文の和訳をお願いいたします

以下の英文を和訳していただけるかたのみで。 お願いできますでしょうか? 2つの段落と3つめの段落の前半部分となりますので、 内容が途中で終わる感じかもしれませんが、 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 People are only guided to consult me when they have entered the right era of their life to find the ultimate love. Most people meet within two to five years of the reading, but for many it is much sooner. Many are already on the threshold of meeting, or have met, when they write. I think that you will meet or else settle down with him between the Winter of the year 2017 and the Winter of 2018. Let me speak of time and karma, for when we make a prediction of time astrologically, a month or day or year of meeting, it is really only an estimate. Your soul travels through time at its own pace, The alchemy of experience, changes us. Events shape your life and transform your character.

• experience of before について

experience of before について When they ask me something which I have not had any experience of before, I would tell them that " I will study it". 私の英文は、experience before でしたが、それを添削され、of を入れてくれました。 なぜでしょうか。 宜しくお願いします。

• 訳が仮定法らしくならないのですが・・・

tourists and visitors often experience a sense of freedom that goes with being among strangers, and they do things they would not dream of doing at home. 観光客と訪問客はしばしば、知らない人の一つであることに伴う解放感を経験するだろう、そして、彼らは彼らが自宅ですることが出来ない夢のような事をするだろう と訳したのですが、仮定法の訳になってないと思うのですがどうしたら良いのでしょうか? また、 should you need any help, just let me know. あなたは多くの助けが必要ならば、 後半が訳せないのですが教えていただけるでしょうか? ヨロシクお願いします。

• 英作文の添削をお願いします

阪大の問題です 観光産業は20世紀後半に劇的な成長を遂げた。観光客の数が増えるにつれて新しい体験を求める欲求は複雑化した。その結果、旅行者たちはそれぞれの好みにあった観光の形態を求めるようになった。 自分の訳 Tourism developed dramatically in the latter part of the twentieth century.As the number of tourists grew,a desire to have a new experience become complicated.As a result,tourists learned to ask for tourist forms which fit for their tastes. 語法(単数複数、定冠詞不定冠詞も含めて)等、間違っているor微妙なところがあれば指摘していただければ幸いです 10点満点で評価もしていただけたら最高です よろしくお願いします

• 和訳をお願します

Dr. Adrian Owen is a professor of neuroscience at Cambridge University. Dr. Owen’s team concentrates on the diagnosis and effect of brain injuries, and the development of treatments for such patients. He was not satisfied with the accepted methods of diagnosing comatose patients. Typically, when someone cannot respond to any questions or requests, they will be diagnosed as “vegetative.” However, a significant number of so-called vegetative patients are actually conscious, but completely unable to respond to questions. In a previous study, Dr. Owen put healthy volunteers into an fMRI scanner and asked them to imagine playing tennis. After mapping the area that becomes active when people imagine that activity, they put a vegetative patient into the scanner and asked her to imagine playing tennis. To the team’s great joy, the patient’s brain lit up just like that of the healthy volunteers. Since she could respond to their request to imagine playing tennis, she showed them that she was conscious ― all this despite being completely still, having her eyes closed and showing no signs of consciousness. Another patient was told to use a code to communicate with the research team. To signify “Yes,” he was to imagine playing tennis. To signify “No,” he was to imagine walking around in his house. He was asked yes-or-no questions about his personal history, and correctly answered, proving that despite his appearance he was conscious and could communicate. Next, the research team plans to ask unverifiable questions, in an attempt to communicate more deeply with these patients who can manipulate their brains, but not their bodies. よろしくお願いしますorz

• 和訳の添削をお願いします。

こんにちは。今日も、お世話になります。 The context in which the words are spoken, or the way in which they are said will tell us which of the possible speaker-meaning is intended. 「言葉が話される文脈、もしくはそれらがどのように 言われているかは、おそらく話し手が言いたいことのうち、 どれが本当に意図しているのかを教えてくれるだろう。」 もう少し、きちっとした日本語にできないものかと 自分で思いながら、今の自分のレベルはこんなものでした… もう少し分かりやすい日本語にするとするなら、どんな 感じでしょうか?できるだけ原文を崩さずに訳をしていただけると 幸いです。 宜しくお願いします。

• 和訳お願いします。

What's more, they don't normally eat raw fish, so as you can imagine, while some of them take to sushi immediatel, others don't. という分なのですが、前半の~raw fish,までは「おまけに、彼らは普通は生の魚を食べません。」みたいな感じだと思うのですが、そのあとのso as ~ others don't.までの部分の訳がわかりません。so やas やwhileなどの接続語のニュアンスがなかなかつかめません。コツなどがありましたら、教えてほしいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英語和訳

1:They mentioned two famous tourist spots, neither of which we have visited as yet. 2:We tend to feel uncomfortable with people whose behavior is radically different from our own. 3:This is a game the rules of which I am quite ignorant of. 4:His portrait,which the painter claimed was based on memory,does not really resemble the poet. 5:There are few places downtown for parking which is really a problem. 訳をお願いします

• 和訳をお願いします!

和訳をお願いします! ナレーション部分 The sensors in each room indicated they'd(窃盗犯) spent two hours moving about in the museum. Given that amount of time, the devastation of the paintings was all the more senseless. 以下は証言(警察?) Although it's considered by many people the art crime of the century, and in terms of value and in terms of sort of impact, it is. If you look at the details of it, it was also a botched crime. It was a crime in which a lot of good works of art that were there for the taking, were missed and art work that was taken was cut from its frames, which is obviously not something you want to do with irreplaceable Rembrandts. 有名な絵画が強奪された事件のドキュメンタリー番組です。 どうしても内容が理解できません。。。 長文ですがよろしくお願いしますm(_ _)m

プリントした色がおかしい
このQ&Aのポイント
  • カラー印刷の色がおかしい。赤が紫になり、他の色もグレーががっている。
  • Windows7で使用しており、無線LANで接続しています。
  • ひかり回線を使用しています。
回答を見る