• ベストアンサー

didの内容は。

I still enjoy drawing the comic strip as much as as I did when it first began. この「did」はdrawing を指すのでしょうか。それともenjoyですか。 どうとらえたらよいのかわかりません。よろしくお願いします。

• mtryo
  • お礼率39% (43/108)
  • 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.3

この比較構文は,much という副詞について,「同じくらい」といっています。  この much は enjoy, draw のどちらの動詞にかかっているでしょう。  enjoy ですよね。I still enjoy ~の程度と I did when ~の程度を比較して,同じくらい much だと言っているのです。    still「今なお」enjoy しているのと,when ~のとき,I did すなわち,enjoyed なのを比べているわけです。  したがって,did は enjoyed を表しています。

その他の回答 (2)

noname#37852
noname#37852
回答No.2

No.1の方同様、didの中身はenjoyだと思います。 >I still enjoy drawing the comic strip 「I(私)」はdrawing the comic strip をstill enjoyなのですよね。 >as I did when it first began. when it first began.  itを最初に始めたとき。 「それ(it)」というのを考えると、何になるでしょう?? it=drawing the comic strip ではないかと思うのですが。

• magmi-shi
  • ベストアンサー率40% (37/91)
回答No.1

この文の中心となる動詞はenjoyですので,後ろのdidもenjoyを指すと思われます。drawingはenjoyの内容を表しているだけですので。 「始めた頃も楽しんでたし,今でも相変わらず楽しんでる」という意味合いですね。

関連するQ&A

• less did I know...。 didの位置がよくわかりません。

I did not even know that the British Empire is dying, still less did I know that it is a great deal better than the younger empires that are going to supplant it. の英文の意味が分からないんです…。 文全体がややこしいのに加えて、still less did I know…の部分の、didがよくわかりません。なぜ主語の前に動詞がくるのでしょうか、疑問文でもないのに…? とても混乱しています。 どうか教えてください。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• as when

I can't get happy as when I first heard about it.で 「それについて始めて聞いたときのように嬉しくなれない.」 のような文は,接続詞(この場合はasとwhen)が重なっているので無理ですよね. では,どうすればいいのでしょう? I can't get happy as I first heard about it. でいいのですか?

• 翻訳お願いします 英→日

first of all, As I did explain . this is something Centeral bank need to answer and they will make it clear when we are to take offshore clients.

• 翻訳お願いします 英→日

first of all, As I did explain . this is something Centeral bank need to answer and they will make it clear when we are to take offshore clients. ※なるべく精度の高い翻訳お願いします

• 英語

パソコンが壊れて、使用をやめた。 ウェブに振り回されていたが、なくなってみると実に快適だ。 As my pc broke,I stopped using it. I depended on the information. When it did not exist,it is really comfortable.

• didが指すものは?

以下の文章の最終文のdidが分からないので訳せません。 「彼ら(彼女の教え子たち)もdidし、奇妙な偶然の一致で彼女もまたdidする。」 となるのかと思うのですが、didは何をさしているのでしょうか? When we talk about intelligence, we do not mean the ability to get a good score on a certain kind of test, or even the ability to do well at school; these are at best only indicators of something larger, deeper, and far more important. By intelligence, we mean a style of life, a way of behaving in various situations, and particularly in new, strange, and perplexing situations. The true test of intelligence is not how much we know how to do, but how we behave when we don’t know what to do. The intelligent person, young or old, meeting a new situation or problem, opens himself up to it; he tries to take in with mind and senses everything he can about it, he thinks about it, instead of about himself or what it might cause to happen to him; he grapples with it boldly, imaginatively, resourcefully, and if not confidently, at least hopefully; if he fails to master it, he looks without shame or fear at his mistakes and learns what he can from them. This is intelligence. Clearly its roots lie in a certain feeling about life, and one’s self with respect to life. Just as clearly, unintelligence is not what most psychologists seem to suppose, the same thing as intelligence only less of it. It is an entirely different style of behavior, arising out of an entirely different set of attitudes. The bright child is patient. He can tolerate uncertainty and failure, and will keep trying until he gets an answer. When all his experiments fail, he can even admit to himself and others that for the time being he is not going to get an answer. This may annoy him, but he can wait. Very often, he does not want to be told how to do the problem or solve the puzzle he has struggled with, because he does not want to be cheated out of the chance to figure it out for himself in the future. Not so the dull child. He cannot stand uncertainty or failure. To him, an unanswered question is not a challenge or an opportunity, but a threat. If he can’t find the answer quickly, it must be given to him, and quickly; and he must have answers for everything. Such are the children of whom a second-grade teacher once said, “But my children like to have questions for which there is only one answer.” They did; and by a mysterious coincidence, so did she.

• 副詞部分の入れ方を教えて下さい。

ハリーポッターより (1) It didn't so much as quiver when a car door slammed in the next street, nor when two owls swooped overhead. この(1)を It didn't quiver so much as when a car ~ にしてしまったらまずいですか?  It quivered much. と考えられると 上記のように並べ替えても 文意はかわらず whenの時ほど so much じゃないと かんたんに考えられる気がしています。 (1)でないとやはり通じないのでしょうか? 宜しくお願い致します。

• many と much

He doesn't read as much as his parents did when they were as old as he is now. の文で、 much を many にしてはいけないのでしょうか。 本なので数えられるのではないかと思うのですが。

• 英文の邦訳

The willingness of American corporations to accept the moderate political environment was certainly made easier by the nation's global economic power. When that power began to recede, as it almost inevitably did as the rest of the world began to recover from World War II, it became increasingly necessary for Americans to fight over the spoils of a shrinking pie. 上記英文中,後半のas it almost inevitably did as the rest of the world began to recover from World War II, it became increasingly necessary for Americans to fight over the spoils of a shrinking pie.の部分が上手く訳せません。お分かりになる方,適訳をどうぞ宜しくお願いします。

• ~するや否や、~した途端、~して初めて、英文形

同じような意味の文に対して、次のような6つの文が考えられます。 少しづつニュアンスが違うと思うのですが、どのような時にどの文を 使うかお教えください。 1. It happened that he was out when I visited him.  たまたま外出中だった。 2. Just as I was going to pick up the receiver, the telephone rang.  受話器を取り上げようとした途端 (まだ取り上げていない) 3. I was about to go out when the telephone rang.  出かけようとした途端 (まだ出かけていない)  代案)Just as I was going to go out, the telephone rang. 4. No sooner had I left home than it began to rain.  家を出るや否や、(すでに出てしまっている) 5. I had hardly arrived there when the concert began.  会場に着くか、着かないうちに(既に着いている)  代案)No sooner had I arrived there than the concert began. 6. It was not until I came home that I noticed I had left my umbrella on the train.   家に帰って初めて、気が付ついた。  ここまで書いてきて、1、2と3、4と5、6の4つのグループに 分かれているような気がしてきました。間違っているかもしれませんよろしくお願いします。