• ベストアンサー

文法的説明及び和訳をお願いします(専門家の人にお願いします)

次の英文(06年立命館大学入試問題Iより) There were no grounds-just acres and acres of car park, rolling across the landscape for as far as the eye could see in nearly every direction. 和訳はだいたい次のようだと思いますが 「地面はなく、ただ何エーカーもの駐車場が(景色を)見渡す限りほとんどあらゆる方向へ広がっていた」 1)forの文法的説明をお願いします。これは「距離」を表す用法でしょうか? 2)和訳はこれでいいと思いますか?

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

>There were no grounds-just acres and acres of car park, rolling across the landscape for as far as the eye could see in nearly every direction. 1)forの文法的説明をお願いします。これは「距離」を表す用法でしょうか? →そうです。for は距離や時間の「~の間」の意味を表します。for as far as the eye could see は、直訳すれば「視力が届く限りの(距離の)間」ということになります。for は省略可能です。似たような例を挙げますと、 for as far as I know for as far as I understand for as far as I can tell for as far as we can see for as far as I am concerned 等、いろいろあります。距離・時間というより、範囲を表しているように感じられます。ネット検索しましたら、次のようなご質問の英文にかなり似ている文がありました。(^^) "The whole world is just flat and white for as far as you can see in all directions and the air is so clear that you could see a mountaintop 50 or 60 miles away, http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/editorials/archives/2004/12/18/2003215653 >2)和訳はこれでいいと思いますか? 「地面はなく、ただ何エーカーもの駐車場が(景色を)見渡す限りほとんどあらゆる方向へ広がっていた」 →とても良く理解できておられますね。かなり実力のある方と見受けられます。私の訳は不要なくらいですが、参考のために訳してみました。 「地面はなく、ただ広大な駐車場が見える限り、視野を塞いでほとんど全ての方向に拡がっていた」 以上ですが、お役に立てば幸いです。 (わたしは自身を専門家ほどには評価はしておりませんが、回答可能な問題と解釈しましたのであしからず。)

参考URL:
http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/editorials/archives/2004/12/18/2003215653
nightfall
質問者

お礼

詳しい具体例がとても参考になります。また謙遜の心を持ち、教養と温かさを感じさせられる回答に感謝します。ありがとうございました。

その他の回答 (1)

• ryu_chan
  • ベストアンサー率37% (69/186)
回答No.2

同じような質問がありましたので、ご参考に。 [教えて!goo] for のはたらきに関して http://oshiete1.goo.ne.jp/kotaeru.php3?q=2050365

nightfall
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 和訳御願いします。

和訳御願いします。 For nearly 100,000 years, the planet had been gripped in glaciation. Ice sheets placed a swathe of the northern hemisphere under a dead hand, extending their thrall as far as south as New England and Wales.

• 和訳お願いします!!!

When it came to origami, they stumped up nearly as much for their own forlorn frog or bird as for the same animal folded by an expert - even though other participants subsequently rated their efforts as "nearly worthless crumpled paper". たとえ、他の参加者が彼らの努力を「ほとんど役に立たないもみくちゃにされた紙」とその後評価したとしても・・・・ という箇所だけしか和訳できなかったのですが、 全文を訳すとどのような和訳になるのでしょうか 回答お願いします。

• 文法の説明と訳出をお願いします

すみませんが、次の文章について、文のかかり方をおしえていただけないでしょうか。 There remain ample grounds for judges to continue to sustain a belief in the common understanding doctrine as applied to eyewitness behavior, based as it is on the two premises. 「as applied」以下は「the common understanding」にかかるのでしょうか? また、「based」以下をどう読めば良いのか分かりませんでした。「based」は倒置で前にでてきているのかとも思いましたが、そういう倒置の仕方はアリなのでしょうか? また、訳出もご教示いただけたらありがたいです。

• 英文和訳がわからないのですが

この英文の構造と和訳がわからないのですが、どなたかお教え頂けますでしょうか? Only in so far as the artist establishes symbols for the representation of reality can mind, as a structure of thought, take shape?

• 和訳をお願いします(専門家の方お願いします)

07年度大阪大学前期の2次試験IIの問題からです。 次の英文の和訳をお願いします。  This, as we might imagine, could well have induced in some quarters the same resentment as the idea of a single European currencey does in others today, though whether feeling ran sufficiently high as to motivate the blowing up of the Observatory is a matter for debate. 大意は「標準時の導入は、ヨーロッパ統一通貨の導入に対するのと同様の反感を伴ったかもしれない。」となっています。 特にthough以下が分かりにくいです。専門家の方お願いします。

• 英文の和訳をお願いします。

和訳をお願いします。(翻訳サイトで訳したものをそのまま転載するのはおやめください。) 1 The sun is too bright for the astronauts to look at. 2 The astronauts can see many man-made satellites as well as the earth. 3 The moon doesn`t reflect light but it makes its own light. 4 Objects such as stars are very far away from the astronauts.

• 和訳をお願いします!

和訳をお願いします! There are years when the meadows are flooded for weeks on end. For the river, these are the years of plenty when aquatic life is richly replenished. The grass is always greener far from home. For wild carp, this is a fact where wild flowers blossom in dry years. Carp have their spawning grounds in years of high water. ネイチャー系番組の一部です。映像を説明すると、川と森の風景に始まり"The grass is"からは水中の映像に切り替わります。 ~richly replenished.以降の内容がどうしても理解できません。。。 宜しくお願いしますm(_ _)m

• 和訳して下さい!!

和訳して下さい!! 1. Your vocabulary at age 45 is three times as great as when you graduated from college. At 60, your brain possess almost four times as much information as it did. 2. He is great senior to me in respect of service. 3. There is nothing would like better than a visit to the zoo. 4. The mob gathered round the car like so many files. 5. I must admit that my son is not much of a scholar.

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

Having a baby is expensive. There are so many things to get ready before the newborn arrives like; diapers, onesies, car seat, blankets, small towels, wipes, and the list goes on. Expectant parents find a lot of joy shopping for tiny socks and outfits for the baby. Still, as much as you want to prepare for every possible thing the baby will need, you can only stretch your pay cheque up to a point. この文のyou can only stretch your pay cheque up to a point.の和訳をよろしくお願いします

• 英語・和訳お願いいたします。

英語・和訳お願いいたします。 And as each of our predecessors has followed their own particular narrative, so the accumulation of events has in turn acted as an ongoing frame of reference for evaluating whatever comes along next. そして、私たちの祖先のそれぞれが彼ら自身の特有の物語に従ってきて、それで出来事の蓄積は例え次に何が起きても進化のために継続の枠組みの参照として、同じ作用をしてきた。 和訳に自信がありません。 教えてください。 よろしくお願いいたします。