• ベストアンサー
  • すぐに回答を!

至急和訳お願いします!

至急和訳お願いします! When I came to the United States as a lad of six, the most needful lesson for me, as a boy, was the necessity for thrift. I had been taught in my home across the sea that thrift was one of the fundamentals in a successful life. My family had come from a land noted for its thrift ; but we had been in the United States only a few days before the realization came home strongly to my father and mother that they had brought their children to a land of waste. Where the Dutchman saved , the American wasted. There was waste,and the most prodial waste, on every hand. In every street-car and on every ferry-boat the floors and seats were littered with newspapers that had been read and thrown away or left behind. お願いします!

共感・応援の気持ちを伝えよう!

• 回答数2
  • 閲覧数197
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • 回答No.2

When I came to the United States as a lad of six, the most needful lesson for me, as a boy, was the necessity for thrift. 私が6歳の少年としてアメリカに来た時、 少年としての私にとって最も必要な教訓は「節約が必要だ」ということでした。 I had been taught in my home across the sea that thrift was one of the fundamentals in a successful life. 私が海の向こうの故郷で教えられたのは 成功する人生を支える基礎の一つが「節約」だと言うことでした。 My family had come from a land noted for its thrift ; 私の家族は「節約」で知られている土地から来ました。 but we had been in the United States only a few days before the realization came home strongly to my father and mother that they had brought their children to a land of waste. しかし アメリカに来て2、3日経っただけで、 「両親は家族を浪費の地に連れて来てしまったのだ」と言う事を、 家族の全員が知りました。 特に両親はその事を深く思い知りました。 Where the Dutchman saved , the American wasted. オランダ人が節約するところで、アメリカ人は浪費します。 There was waste, and the most prodial waste, on every hand. 至るところで浪費やとてもひどい浪費を目にしました。 In every street-car and on every ferry-boat the floors and seats were littered with newspapers that had been read and thrown away or left behind. 全ての電車やすべてのフェリーボートには 床や座席は読み捨てられた新聞が散乱していました。

共感・感謝の気持ちを伝えよう!

その他の回答 (1)

• 回答No.1
  • Him-hymn
  • ベストアンサー率66% (3490/5258)

私が6歳の子供の時アメリカに来たとき、私にとってもっとも必要な教えは、節約の必要性でした。海の反対側の私の故郷では、節約というのは、すばらしい人生の基本の1つであると教わってきました。私の家族は、節約で名高い土地柄の出身でした。しかし、アメリカに来てほんの数日で気づいて痛感したことは、両親は、自分たちの子供を、浪費の地へ連れてきたことである。オランダ人は節約し、アメリカ人は浪費した。浪費、しかも最も惜しげなく捨てる浪費がアメリカの四方八方にあった。すべての路面電車の中、すべてのフェリーボートの上は、読んで捨てられたか、置きっぱなしになった新聞が床や座席に捨てられていた。 以上、ご参考になればと思います。

共感・感謝の気持ちを伝えよう!

関連するQ&A

• the story of my life 和訳

授業でヘレンケラーのThe Story of my life をやっているのですが、上手く和訳ができないので和訳の方を教えてほしいです。 When the time of daisies and buttercups came Miss Sullivan took me by the hand across the fields, where men were preparing the earth for the seed, to the banks of the Tennessee River,and there,sitting on the warm grass,I had my first lessons in the beneficence of nature. I learned how the sun and the rain make to grow out of the ground every tree that is pleasant to the sight and good for food, how birds build their nests and live and thrive from land to land,how the squir-rel, the deer,the lion and every other creature finds food and shelter. As my knowledge of things grew I felt more and more the delight of the world I was in. Long before I learned to do a sum in arithmetic or describe the shape of the earth,Miss Sullivan had taught me to find beauty in the fragrant woods, in every blade of grass, and in the curves and dimples of my baby sister's hand. She linked my earliest thoughts with nature,and made me feel that "birds and flowers and I were happy peers." 長文で申し訳ないですが、よろしくお願いします。

• 和訳をお願いします。

However, the United States allowed limited use of its diplomatic cables for Germany to communicate with its ambassador in Washington. The facility was supposed to be used for cables connected with President Woodrow Wilson's peace proposals. The Swedish cable ran from Sweden, and the United States cable from the United States embassy in Denmark. However, neither cable ran directly to the United States. Both cables passed through a relay station at Porthcurno, near Land's End, the westernmost tip of England. Here the signals were boosted for the long trans-oceanic jump. All traffic through the Porthcurno relay was copied to British intelligence, in particular to the codebreakers and analysts in Room 40 at the Admiralty. After their telegraph cables had been cut, the German Foreign Office appealed to the United States for use of their cable for diplomatic messages.

• 和訳お願いします

She was given many honors by the Peruvian government before she died, including Honorary Citizen of Peru and the title of Great Lady of Nazca. Everyone in the town of Nazca had grown to love and respect this woman who had come from far away to reveal to them the secrets of their ancestors, secrets that had been hidden out in plain sight for two thousand years. honorary;名誉の

• 英語の和訳です。お願いします!!

In many part of South Asia, arranged ,arranged marriages have been modernized to suit the needs of a changing Westernized generation. When I asked him why, one young Indian-American man said, "My parents are the two people in the world who know me best, both my strength and my weaknesses. Why wouldn't I want their input in the most important decision of my life?" After a moment, he added, "The alternative doesn't seem to work that well, does it?"  He had a point. There are fewer divorces in arranged marriages, although I wonder if he realized that many complicated social factors- from the presence of extensive family support and counseling to the ostracism a divorced woman would encounter - account for this.

• 文の書き換え問題

こんにちは [1] My father is proud of my brother's having been educated in United States of America. このような(単)文を、that節 などを用いた複文に書き換えよという問題です。 私は my brother's having been educated in United States of America. この部分は受動態の完了形だとみて [2] My father is proud that my brother has been educated in the United States of America. 若しくは ( has を had とも意味が取れそうだから) [3] My father is proud that my brother had been educated in the United States of America. と思いました。 別な人の意見によると [4] My father is proud that my brother was educated in the United States of America. でも、これは、that節以下は単に受動態だけになっていて完了形がないのでは?と思いました。 適切な回答と解説をお願いします。

• 和訳をお願いします

和訳をお願いします(>_<) When we got our first cat, rather than doing everything herself, my motor insisted that my sister and I heplp care for out cat by feeding and brushing her. This was a valuable lesson for both of us. Caring for a pet can also help children develop caring social responsibility, and that has been useful to me in other areas of my life.

• 長文和訳お願いします!

長文和訳お願いします! 読みにくかったらすみません My dear 〇〇 I'm slowly getting over my jet lag and getting used to my normal life again. Life in Japan was so easy for my ... everyday eating out in a restaurant, hotel room got cleaned every day ... In Belgium I need to do all that myself ... it is a bit of work ... but part of me is happy to be back in my own house ... and not havening to live out of my suitcase. But at the same time I'm very sad that I have left Japan and that I'm now so far away from you.

• 英文を和訳してください。お願いします。 

弟に宿題の英語の訳を手伝うように頼まれたのですが僕自身もあまり英語が得意ではありません・・・。しかし弟の手前英語ができないといえず。。。。。。よろしくお願いいたします。 後半が特におかしな和訳になってしまいました・・。 Yet another key factor in those turbulent times was that, once the Tokugawa Shogunate had been overthrown and the Emperor (Meiji) had been restored to power in 1868, those leaders realized that administrative reforms had to be at their top of priority. Consequently, a Cabinet consisting of 11 departments was established where there had been an unmanageable and out-of-date system of court administration; Western codes of civil and penal law were adopted; and, most importantly, local governments were totally revamped and reconstituted along modern lines. New political parties representing various ideologies and interests were also formed, such as Jiyuto (the Liberal Party) in 1881 and Kaishinto (the Reform Party) in 1882. An Imperial decree in 1889 proclaimed constitutional government to be the law of the land. Please note the dates — 1868 and 1889: It took more than two decades for Japan to establish and entrench its modern nation state in the form of democratic institutions. Between the beginning of Meiji and that time, the country was nearly wracked by armed rebellions, violent arguments and numerous clashes of vested interests. Again, a lesson for today: A couple of decades of confusion is very common during reformation. It is not only Japan that is suffering through this seemingly dull nightmare. The United States, Russia and some countries in Europe are going through their own “lost years.” But nothing is truly lost if it leads to something better.

• 和訳お願いします

None of those things, of course. In fact, one might well suppose that the popular feeling is that Americans are a lot better off without any of that tripe. There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

• TIMEの和訳

どなたか以下の文章を訳していただけませんか? 自分は2文目の初めのitはthat以下をさすと思うのですがどうでしょうか? Because its regime is one of the most loathsome in the world,there is a temptation to see every political development in North Korea as a precursor to the sort of instability that might one day lead to real change. So it has been with the announcement that Kim Jong Un,thought to be 27,a son of North Korean leader Kim Jong Il,had been promoted to general -a sign that he is likely to inherit his father's,and his grandfather's,mantle.