• ベストアンサー

英文の訳

Deerhunterの回答

回答No.3

訳はNo1さんの回答のとおりです。 省略が多い文なので分かりづらいのかも知れません。 standards (which is) in the form of oxides と考えればよいでしょう。  or は oxide という名詞に対する代案で、Coffee or Tea ? と同じく "oxides" or "whatever chemical state (which) is appropriate" と対比されます。 or whateverで熟語はありませんが、表現としてはたまに使われます。 I need a long needle or whatever long and pointed. 長い針がいるんだけど、ってゆうかとにかく長くてとがったもが。 英語の質問でなかったらすみません。

loveme2
質問者

お礼

とても分かりやすい解説ありがとうございます。 他のお二方にも感謝感謝です。

関連するQ&A

• 次の英文の和訳をお願いします。

Depending on a patient's specific medical condition, physicians will either admit the patient to the hospital, discharge the patient, or transfer the patient to a more appropriate medical facility. If you are discharged, you will receive discharge instructions (either written specifically for you or pre-printed) that explain your medications and other treatments. If medications are prescribed, you may receive a beginning dose if there are no pharmacies open in your area at that particular time. You will also be referred for follow-up care should your condition continue or worsen. You may need to be transferred if your condition is better treated at another institution. You may have to sign a consent form if your condition or mental state allows. The modern emergency department performs an important role in our society. It really is a marvelous invention that has saved countless lives. Hopefully, the information in this article will help ease your fears should you need the services of an emergency department in the future. For more information on emergency departments, medical conditions and related topics, check out the links on the next page.

• 訳おねがいします

The chief attraction slang has for people is novelty. It is fun to hear an idea phrased in a new, unusual way. But after hundreds of repetitions, the novelty wears off: the slang loses freshness and sparkle. The history of most slang expressions is that die an early death. (A)That is one reason why slang is often ineffective in speach and inappropriate in writing that is meant to last for some time. Then, too, a great many siang expressions are so general that they hardly have any meaning at all beyond a vague indication of approval or disapproval. Using such words adds no more to your speech or writing than dose calling everything you like "wonderful" and everything you dislike "awful". Words like "dreamy" and "crummy'' are slang of this kind and add little to style or meaning. Slang should be used with caution. A safe prescription is this: in conversation with friends, use it, but in small doses. Use it even less frequently in informal writing, making sure that what you use is appropriate to the subject and will not annoy readers. Never use it in formal speech or writing. If you read a great deal and listen with interest to the speech of people who use language well, you will gradually develop a reliable judgment about the appropriateness of slang. Then, when you feel sure a slang expression is effective, you will probably be right. (A)thatが何を指しているのかもお願いします。

• 訳おねがいします

訳おねがいします The chief attraction slang has for people is novelty. It is fun to hear an idea phrased in a new, unusual way. But after hundreds of repetitions, the novelty wears off: the slang loses freshness and sparkle. The history of most slang expressions is that die an early death. (A)That is one reason why slang is often ineffective in speach and inappropriate in writing that is meant to last for some time. Then, too, a great many siang expressions are so general that they hardly have any meaning at all beyond a vague indication of approval or disapproval. Using such words adds no more to your speech or writing than dose calling everything you like "wonderful" and everything you dislike "awful". Words like "dreamy" and "crummy'' are slang of this kind and add little to style or meaning. Slang should be used with caution. A safe prescription is this: in conversation with friends, use it, but in small doses. Use it even less frequently in informal writing, making sure that what you use is appropriate to the subject and will not annoy readers. Never use it in formal speech or writing. If you read a great deal and listen with interest to the speech of people who use language well, you will gradually develop a reliable judgment about the appropriateness of slang. Then, when you feel sure a slang expression is effective, you will probably be right. 三段落目のmaking sure that の making の用法を教えて下さい。

• このthat is it.はどういう意味ですか?

If we have a dress code at all, it should state that students cannot wear clothes with insulting words on them. But, that is it. I'm sure that whether there is a dress code or not, my friends will wear what they know is fine and appropriate in school. (2008年、センター試験より) 制服の必要性を語っている文の一説ですが、that is it.の解釈が不明です。 ある、サイトには、But, that is it.で「しかし、それはそうだが」と和訳されています。 しかし、小生は、「しかし、それが問題なのだ」が正しい解釈ではないかと思案しています。 ご助力下さいませ。 よろしくお願いいたします。 http://www11.plala.or.jp/kaisyu/center/2008/summary2.html

• 英語の訳おねがいします

訳おねがいします The chief attraction slang has for people is novelty. It is fun to hear an idea phrased in a new, unusual way. But after hundreds of repetitions, the novelty wears off: the slang loses freshness and sparkle. The history of most slang expressions is that die an early death. (A)That is one reason why slang is often ineffective in speach and inappropriate in writing that is meant to last for some time. Then, too, a great many siang expressions are so general that they hardly have any meaning at all beyond a vague indication of approval or disapproval. Using such words adds no more to your speech or writing than dose calling everything you like "wonderful" and everything you dislike "awful". Words like "dreamy" and "crummy'' are slang of this kind and add little to style or meaning. Slang should be used with caution. A safe prescription is this: in conversation with friends, use it, but in small doses. Use it even less frequently in informal writing, making sure that what you use is appropriate to the subject and will not annoy readers. Never use it in formal speech or writing. If you read a great deal and listen with interest to the speech of people who use language well, you will gradually develop a reliable judgment about the appropriateness of slang. Then, when you feel sure a slang expression is effective, you will probably be right. (A)thatが何を指しているのかもお願いします。

• 日本語訳を! 8-(6)

お願いします。 (17) But just when he was sure he was a goner, Sinuhe was rescued by a tribe of nomads. The head of the tribe tells Sinuhe, "stay with me; I shall do you good." True to his word, the headsman made Sinuhe a wealthy and important man. But when Sinuhe grew old he began to miss his beloved homeland. Sinuhe wanted to be buried in Egypt. He wanted to build his tomb―his resting place for eternity―in his own country. Sinuhe writes to Senwosert, now king of Egypt; "Whatever God fated this flight―be gracious, and buring e home! Surely You will let me see the place where my heart still stays! What matters more than my being buried in the land where I was born?" King Senwosert answers, "Return to Egypt! And you will see the Residence where you grew up." (18) Back in Egypt, the king gave Sinuhe a home and food and fine linen. All his needs were taken care of: "A pyramid of stone was built for me...the masons who construct the pyramid measured out its foundations; the draughtsman drew in it; the overseer of sculptors carved in it." Sinuhe's tale, like Egypt itself, was in for a happy ending. Using "landing" as a metaphor for death―an appropriate word choice for a tale of journey―Sinuhe ends his story by saying, "I was in the favors of the king's giving, until the day of landing came." And now Egypt was in the favors of the king, too. It had traveled from monarchy to anarchy and back again.

• 省略について

下記の英文の最後のus none the wiserの部分ではどのような語句が省略されているのでしょうか。 The cloth King Edward had sent home with me was quickly turned into a wedding gown by my mother's dressmakers. For a week I was measured and draped and prodded and turned and remarked upon. It was beautiful cloth and I should have been happy, but I wasn't. I was miserable with worry about Edward. He could, at any given moment, be dead, and we would never know it. So I went about my days knowing that while I ate, or studied, or was measured for that fool gown, Edward might be lying dead in the palace, and us none the wiser. また、I went about my days knowing~はどのように解釈したらよいでしょうか。go about my daysで何かの熟語でknowingは分詞構文なのか、もしくはmy daysは副詞でgo about ~ingと考えたらよいのでしょうか。 お手数かけますが、ご教授いただければ幸いです。なにとぞよろしくお願いいたします。

• 英語の訳お願いします

Americans were formerly often ridiculed by Europeans for tasking perfectly grand names and using them for ridiculously insignificant places. A settlement with only two or three log cabins and perhaps a tavern might be called London;two houses in sight of each other and wit a swamp between them might be Rome This tendency on the part of frontiersmen to help themselves to the best names possible accounts for our use of Capitol for the building at Washington, D.C., in which Congress meets, and for the house in which the legislature of a state holds its sessions. In October, 1698, the building in which the governmental affairs of the Virginia colony were carried on burned. The governor and his council decides to transfer the seat of government to a little village known then as Middle Plantation, the present Williamsburg, not far from Jamestown. They specified that a square of land, 475 feet on a side, should be set aside for the building they planned to erect. And they enacted that "the said building shall forever be called and known by the name of the Capitol." Up to this time Capitol had never been used in English except as the name of the great national temple at Rome, dedicated to Jupiter Optimus Maximus(that is, the "Best and Greatest"), the mighty national god of the Romans A critic took the governor severely to task for having "graced" this brick house in the wilderness "with the magnificent name of the Capitol," but the "magnificent name" has done well in this new use. It has spread over the entire country. It has only one competitor. Statehouse,another American coinage, sometimes tasks its place when a state Capitol is meant.

• 英文とその訳があります。訳は正しいですか?

Time lag-Being "on time" It is not only the length of time that differs across cultures. Cultural assumptions about what is the appropriate time to appear at both official and personal appointments differ greatly and are based on the way a particular culture views time. 日本語訳 「時間どおり」であることの時間的ずれ 文化が変わると異なるのは時間の長さだけではありません。公的および個人的アポイントメントの両方において、何が適切な時期であるかについての文化的前提は大きく異なっており、個別の文化が時間を見る方法に基づいています。

• 英文訳があります。訳は正しいですか?

Although Westerners dislike being asked questions of affiliation ("What group do you belong to?"), t hey ask many questions involving opinion and choice. It is considered presumptuous and rude to make decisions for other people, even for seemingly minor things like choice of drink or dressing, since it would be considered an infringment on the other person's independence. It is even worse to make arrangements for a meal or an outing without consulting the person concerned. As a result, people who are reluctant to express their opinion or preference are considered not to have any and are thus looked down on as wishy-washy or even stupid. 日本語訳 西洋人は所属(どのグループに自分が入っているか)について聞かれることを嫌うけれども、彼らは意見や選択については、たくさん質問をする。他人のために意思決定をすることはたとえ、それが飲み物やドレッシングを選ぶことのような小さなことであったとしても、 自立した個としての相手の侵害することになるであろうと考えられているので、あつかましくて失礼なことと考えられている。 その人の意見も聞かずに、食事や外出の計画をすることはもっと良くないことである。その結果、自分の意見や好みを言うことを嫌がる人は、意見や好みを持っていないと考えられ、したがって、 決断力のない人間かもしくは愚か者であると見下されるのである。