• 締切済み

個別塾教師はtutor?

こんにちは。いま、英文で履歴書を書いているのですが、仕事経験のところで、煮詰まりました。 私は学生時代、個別指導の塾で教師をしていたのですが、この場合家庭教師を意味するtutorでいいのでしょうか? (1)I was a tutor of English and Japanese to Junior high scool students.(私は中学生に英語と国語を教えていた。) (2)Responsibility also included studying consultation for them.(彼らへの受験指導も担当していた。) といった感じで使えますか?tutorは勉強面も精神面もカバーしてくれる存在なんでしょうか?それだと、(2)はいらないですかね?? またアルバイト講師は temporary tutor ということになるのでしょうか?いっぱい質問してすみません。でも教えてください!お願いします。

• momi7
  • お礼率65% (13/20)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数5

みんなの回答

• pius
  • ベストアンサー率38% (73/191)
回答No.2

tutorがベターだと思います。 仰るように勉強面だけでなく、他の面でもカバーしてくれるという意味がtutorにはあります(Bitish English)。 また、たまにteacherには有資格者の意味が含まれることがあります。

momi7
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございました。 履歴書、無事完成しました。

回答No.1

tutorの語源は、西欧貴族が雇った住み込みの家庭教師ですので、塾で1人を対象に教えていてもteacherのほうがbetterでは? アルバイト講師は もちろん a part-time teacherです

momi7
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございました。 履歴書、無事に完成させることができました。

関連するQ&A

• 塾のチューター

塾のチューターのバイトって筆記試験ありますか? 新中一担当です。

• 辞めてしまう塾のチューターに…

こんにちは(^^) 高2女子です。 初めて質問します。 よろしくお願いします! 私は今塾のあるチューターに恋をしています。 しかし彼はやむを得ず3月に辞めてしまいます。 彼は私の志望大学に通っていて今までたくさん支えてもらったので、これから1年は勉強に打ち込みたいと思っています。 ですが彼は私にとって尊敬する人であり彼のおかげで頑張ってこれたので、これから会えないのはあまりにつらいです。 だからアドレスを聞き、たまには相談したり勉強を教えてもらいたいと思っています。 ですがやはり辞めた側からして見れば迷惑でしょうか? また彼とは仲がいいものの、今まで敬語で冗談を言ったりせず私なりに一線を置いてきたので、いきなりアドレスを聞くのは変かな?とも思います。 彼は人気があるので彼にアピールする他の女の子と一緒だと思われたくないというのもあります。 長くなりましたがアドレスを聞くのはどうか、また聞くならどのように聞くといいか、みなさまのご意見をお聞かせください。 またお礼に重くなく喜んでもらえるものがあったら教えてください。 よろしくお願いします(>_<)

• 塾のチューター

塾のチューターとドライブ(講座の人達と)に行くというのは普通のことなんでしょうか? 僕自身、塾などには通ったりしていないので、生徒とチューターの関係というものがいまいちわかりません。 なので、みなさんの意見をお聞きしたいです。

• 塾のチューターさんのことを好きになりました。

こんにちは。 某予備校に通う受験生です。タイトルのとおり、塾のチューターさんのことが好きになってしまいました。 チューターというと、大学生が多いのですが、その人はどうも大学は卒業して、おそらく26くらいはいっていると思います。 その人は、私が大学でやりたい研究をしていた人で、いつも丁寧にやさしく対応してくれて、尊敬していたのがだんだん好きな気持ち変わってしまいました。 その人と同じ勉強を大学でしたい、できればチューターのアルバイトをして同じ職場にいたいなと思うようになって、勉強にさらにやる気がでて、集中できるようになりました。 数学の質問をよくして、進路の話をするのですが、この前話にいったら最後に「わざわざ数学の質問もってこなくても話だけでもききますよ」というようなことを言われてしまい・・・。 無理して数学の質問を作ったわけではないのですが、後の話に期待もしていたので、見透かされたようで子供っぽかったなってなんか恥ずかしくなりました(;;) いつもはすごく手際よく数学の問題を教えてくれるのですが、その日はなぜか計算ミスとか書き間違えを激しくしてました。だから、もしかして忙しくて、疲れてて、そんなときに相談なんかしにいったからかなとかもおもってしまいました。 やはり迷惑だったのでしょうか??気持ちが気になります。なんだかはずかしくて数学の質問も含めて相談しに行きづらくなってしまいました;;; ちょっと彼のことを考えて、大学生活のことを考えるのが最近の息抜きだったので、息抜きがすこし辛くなってしまいました;;;回答お願いします。

• 英訳:代名詞の使い方について

日本人のなかには、街で外国人に会うとすぐ英語で話しかける人が多いし、また、外国人に対しては英語で話すべきだと考えている人も多い。そのような人たちは、日本の大学生は外国人に英語で道を教えることもできないと嘆いたりする。それよりも、外国人に話す機会があったら日本語で話し、そのうえでもし英語ができたら英語で話せばいいと思う。 この英訳なんですが、合っているかどうか添削お願いします。特に,oneとかhimとかの代名詞の使い方が合っているかどうかが知りたいです。 There are many Japanese who speak to a foreigner in English as soon as they see him and there are also many Japanese who think they should talk to one in English. Such people complain that Japanese college students can't even tell one the way. Instead, if we have a chance to talk to one, we should talk in Japanese and then , talk in English if we can.

• 単文 英作文の添削(1)

添削よろしくお願いします。 こういう言い方もあるよ!などもお願いします。マルバツと補足みたいな簡単な書き方でけっこうです。 誤りを正せ。 (1)Husbands who take childcare leave are increasing. Husbands→The number of husbands と are→is (2)Students who stay up late are many. →A lot of students stay up late. 英語に直す問題 (1)多くの日本人が血液型は性格と何らかの関係があると信じている A lot of Japanese people belive that theire blood type has something to do with theire character. (2)学生はエネルギーの大半を勉学に集中すべきだという人は多い。 A lot of people say that students should concentrate theire energy on theire studying. (3)ハンカチで鼻をかむ日本人はほとんどいない。 Few Japanese people blow theire noses with handkerchief. withの代わりにonも考えたのですが…変ですかね? (4)私が昨日会った4人の中学生のうち3人 が、数学は得意ではないが英語は得意だと言った。 Three out of four junior high school students I met yesterday said that they are good at English but not math. (5)ここのところ、携帯電話は片時も手放せないと思っている若者が増えている。 Resently,more and more young people think they can't do without cell phones. ResentlyとThese daysとNowadaysの違い

• 個別塾か家庭教師

私は今受験生です。 個別塾に行っていても全然伸びません。夏期講習にも行ってみたんですが実力テストの5教科で136点しかとれなかったです。なので家庭教師にしようか迷ってます。ぜひどちらがいいか教えてください。 ちなみに個別塾は先生1人に対して生徒が2人です!!

• 和訳お願いします。

I started studying Japanese language in 1974, in a Tokyo university with many other foreign students. Although the tests and lessons were well-designed, I was soon quite frustrated and dissatisfied with my progress in that situation. Most of my classmates were also non-Japanese, so the dangerous tendency was to speak in English or French outside of classes. Except for the small number who wanted to "brush up their English," the normal Japanese students refused to associate with the illiterate foreigners. I soon found that I had gravitated to a small group of Koreans and Hawaiians, who agreed to speak only in Japanese. However, I felt that my Japanese was not likely to improve much without native speakers as models. I was depressed by the number of Americans concerned only with obtaining as much money, sex, marijuana, or media-coverage as they could obtain during their year in Japan, rather than really trying to appreciate the culture in which they were guests. So I began to look around for a more isolated university which would admit and teach Japanese to foreigners, but without the problems of Tokyo's "international set."

• 翻訳をお願いします。

長いのですが、下記の英文を翻訳していただけないでしょうか。 Prime Minister Shinzo Abe aims to globalize Japan’s workforce and says that Japan must become more competitive in the English language. This has touched off a debate among native English teachers, Japanese who teach English, Japanese speakers who don’t speak English, and English sheepdogs owned by both Japanese and English speakers. On one hand, you have people who ask why Japanese people should be required to study English at all since English is not used in Japan, the country where most students will spend the rest of their lives working for a Japanese company. On the other hand, people say that Japan needs to learn English to keep up with the rest of the world. The few strays not in either camp say, “Woof!” Whereas internationalization was the big thing a decade or so ago, and droves of students were studying overseas to gain a broader understanding of language and the world, nowadays Japanese people are turning inward, seeking domestic solutions. They’re beginning to think, “Why should I go abroad, risk getting shot or car-jacked by someone in America, when I can just stay and study here in Japan?” The question is, did all that previous domestic internationalization combined with study abroad make Japanese more competitive in the global workforce? If so, shouldn’t we still be reaping the benefits? Japan seems to have forgotten about this part of its recent history, the results of which could help shape their future in English language education. In an attempt to get Japanese speaking better English, the Liberal Democratic Party is thinking of doubling the number of Assistant Language Teachers in the next three years. Is that like double mint or double fudge? Twice as much has got to be better? Keep in mind that the number of ALTs was just recently reduced when the Democratic Party of Japan targeted ALTs as “wasteful spending.” Why has no one done any assessments to gauge if the number of ALTs makes a difference in students’ English comprehension? If the LDP regards native English speakers as vital to teaching the language, as they say they do, then you have to wonder why ALTs aren’t actually teaching any classes themselves. Why must they “team teach” together with a Japanese teacher in the classroom? Certainly in my country we wouldn’t consider having an American teacher in a Spanish language class being taught by a Spanish teacher. Another proposed change by the LDP is to shift from the current Eiken test used to gauge English proficiency, to using the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) instead because the TOEFL concentrates more on verbal communication skills. Whenever we talk about testing, people invariably point out that tests aren’t very accurate at testing language communicability. Others argue that the more test-oriented English is, the more students will hate studying English. Well, English is not a disease and no one has yet died from studying it. Lots of students hate broccoli, studying, getting out of bed in the morning and walking the dog. And someday they’ll have to do all of those things before leaving for work in the morning! I realize that students already take enough exams. Furthermore, they have to pass tests to receive their yellow belt, green belt or black belts in martial arts. There are university entrance exams, driver’s tests and maybe someday, lie detector tests. After they get married, their spouses will test them on their spending habits while their children will forever test their patience. And we’re complaining about a TOEFL test? Even if they do not pass the TOEFL test with flying colors, it’s not the end of the world, so we should not act like it is. Yes, it would be nice if there were no tests at all. There would be less stress for students and less work for teachers, who could then focus on teaching more communicative competency, the ultimate goal of English communication. But students would never study if there weren’t tests!

• 【至急和訳お願いします!】

和訳お願いします!!! The day after the Nobel Prize was awards to Gore and theIPCC. I visited Hiroo Gakuen in Tokyo, a combined junior- and senior-high school, for the school's autumn festival --- this year themed "Earth's Happiness is Our Happiness." A friend whose daughter graduated from the school thought I might like to see what young people these days are thinking about enviromental issues. I was immediately struck by how Japan has changed. Tokyo, junior- and senior-high school students are studying dioxins, the ozone layer and "corporate social responsibility." When I first began teaching enviromental issues in Japan[in 1990], first-year university students would identify old men on bicycles and bad breath as pressing enviromental concerns.