• ベストアンサー

最初の文の訳がとれません。助けてください!!

To do these things Alex must understand the question,compare the objects,and then serach for the correct answer from his vocabulary. questionまでの文がどうもうまく訳せません。compareのあとから訳すと、意味不明になってしまって困ってます。どなかたお力を貸してください(>_<)

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • bandgap
  • ベストアンサー率17% (49/278)
回答No.1

then があるからややこしいかもしれませんが,and でつながっているのは 3 つの動詞です.

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (5)

• kits-00
  • ベストアンサー率16% (2/12)
回答No.6

すでに意見が出ていますが、 『To do these things Alex must understand the question,compare the objects,and then serach for the correct answer from his vocabulary.』 を直接訳してみます。 『これらのものにアレックスをするのは彼のボキャブラリーからの正解のために質問を理解して、物を比較して、次に、serachを比較しなければなりません。』 ということになります。 わかりにくいと思いますが…。 参考URLをクリックしていけば、大丈夫だと思います。

参考URL:
http://www.excite.co.jp/world/english/
全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
回答No.5

分解してからやったらどうでしょうか。 To do these things, (これらのことをするために、) Alex must アレックスは、~しなければならない) (1)understand the question, しなきゃならないことその(1)(質問を理解する) (2)compare the objects, しなきゃならないことその(2)(物事を(選択肢?)を比較する) and then (そして) (3)search for the correct answer from his vocabulary. しなきゃならないことその(3)(彼の語彙の中から適切な答えを探し出す) で、どうでしょう?

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
noname#12257
noname#12257
回答No.4

書き換えますと、 To do these things, Alex must understand the question,Alex must compare the objects,and then Alex must search for the correct answer from his vocabulary.

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
回答No.3

To do these things で切れて,「~するためには」,  Alex が主語で,must という助動詞の後に understand ..., compare ..., and (then) search ...のように A, B, and C と3つの動詞の原形が続いています。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
  • mtkame
  • ベストアンサー率25% (50/198)
回答No.2

すでに答えが出ていますが、もう少しわかりやすく言うと、 Alexは understand, comare, search の3つをしなければならないということですね。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 日常会話は少しできるようになりましたが

57歳ですが約2年基礎英語勉強し日常会話が 少しできるようになりましたが Englishtown での会話で 環境問題 イラク戦争 離婚などの 話については なかなかできません そしてこのようなアドバイスがあり どうすれば いいのかなと  You need to continue to build your vocabulary so you can understand and answer the questions more clearly. You made a good effort but you need to do a lot of work on vocabulary so that you can speak longer sentences. vocabularyをどのように勉強すれば 会話につなぐことが できるでしょうか  アドバイスお願いします

• 英訳お願い致します

Signs of love ?You speak like a child. You're too young to understand the real meaning of these things. Do you believe these “signs “as you call them ? I don't know, my Lord. These “signs“ of love are not the real thing. You must be more careful, or you'll get into trouble. 宜しくお願い致します

• ある英文に疑問があったので質問です

I still do not know how to answer these questions to the complete satisfaction of curious readers and eager young writers. という文があったのですが、(to the complete)の前置詞句がanswerを修飾していると書いてありました。 なぜ、these questionsを修飾しないのでしょうか? 前置詞句が形容詞句であるか、副詞句であるかは文脈的にふさわしい方を選択するとしかないのでしょうか?

• 次の2文目の文構造の解説をお願いします。

次の2文目の文構造の解説をお願いします。 And do they find their happiness? Those who frequently visit tourist resorts must often find this question, with a tentative answer in the negative, fairly forced upon them. 訳: いったい彼らは求めた楽しみを見出すのだろうか? しょっちゅう観光地を訪れる人々は、しばしばこの質問に直面させられ、ためらいながら否定的に答えることになる。 特にわからないのは、 ・全体の文型は何なのか?(find O なのか、find O C なのか?) ・fairly forced upon them.の部分はどういう意味か? よろしくお願いします。

• わからない個所を教えてください。

I seem to have bought myself time here, and I don’t know quite why I should have wanted to do that. But it’s done now. Perhaps I can call him later in the week; perhaps things will be clearer by then.(前回の終わりの部分です) I sit on the edge of the verandah to eat, and great blue-black bees zoom over the garden while I pile torn pieces of bread high with cheese and salami I’ve bought on the way back from town. I am very hungry. I had nothing to eat last night. Through my head go the things Max said, and especially the questions Julia Connell wants answered. I can’t stop going over them. Why has she picked these things? I can feel my mind floating through the questions, drifting. There is almost a physical sensation. I remember this. I remember it from very, very long ago, and I fight it, pushing it back from me. ****************************************** 「The Dandelion clock」からの英文です。 主人公のAlexはartistで、展示会に備えるために、幼い頃過ごしたイタリアに戻ってきています。 I pile torn pieces of bread high with cheese and salamiのhighは、高く、という副詞ですか? Through my head go the things Max said, and especially the questions Julia Connell wants answered. I can’t stop going over them. Why has she picked these things?のthe questions Julia Connell wants answered.の個所ですが、 つまり、Julia Connellが欲しがっている質問には答えた、ということですか?読み方としては、the questions (that Julia Connell wants )answeredになるのでしょうか?質問は答えた?(答えを出したのは自分=Alexだと思うのですが、なぜthe questionが主語になっているのかがわかりません)answerの訳し方が違うのでしょうか? 教えてください。お願いします。

• 添削お願いします

ALT の先生とやるクイズのやり方を英語にしたいのですが… Students make groups of five or six. One member in each group must stand up. ALT chooses the first question and asks students. Students must raise their hands to answer the question. The first student to raise his hand may answer the question. If a student answers incorrectly, the other students who are standing may raise their hands and try to answer the question. For the student who answers correctly, his group gets points and may choose the next topic and point value. For each question, a different group member should stand up. Continue until either all of the question have been answered.

• 日本語訳お願いします。

If it is a matter of right answers,as it may be in mathematics or science,give him the answer book. Let him correct his own papers. Why should we teachers waste time on such routine work? Our job should be to help the child when he tells us that he can't find the way to get the right answer. Let's end all this nonsence of grades,exam,marks. Let us throw them all out,and let the children learn what all educated persons must some day learn,how to measure their own understanding,how to know what they know or do not know.

• 日本語訳お願いします。

Let children learn to judge their own work. A child learning to talk does not learn by being corrected all the time: if corrected too much, he will stop talking. He notices a thousand times a day the difference between the language he uses and the language those around him use. Bit by bit, he makes the necessary changes to make his language like other people's. In the same way, children learning to do all the other things they learn to do without being taught to walk, run, climb, whistle, ride a bicycle own performances compare their with those of more skilled people, and slowly make the needed changes. But in school we never give a child a chance to find out his mistakes for himself, let alone correct them. We do it all for him. We act as if we thought that he would never notice a mistake unless it was pointed out to him, or correct it unless he was made to. Soon he becomes dependent on the teacher. Let him do it himself. Let him work out, with the help of other children if he wants it, what this word says, what the answer is to that problem, whether this is a good way of saying or doing this or not.

• 次の英文の訳をお願いします

Ordinary robts perform special tasks only in limited areas. Robots are different-they are designed to work together with people. Workers must still supply some force when working with an robot, but they can do so in greater safety. It is easy for workers to push objects directly in form of them. However , when moving heavy objects aside, workers must stretch and turn , which places terrible stress on their arms and backs. Even one of these actions can hurt a person's back, but more commom are problems caused by repeating such actions many times over a long period. Robots can prevent such problems. Just push it ,and the x-robot moves the object so you do not have to stretch and strain.

• 日本語訳をおねがいします

その一 While there are good reasons to believe that the approximate equations should, in many circumstances, give answers close to those given by the true equations, approximations — like translations — always miss something. その二・この一文のさまになる訳を教えてください。 Understanding requires context; insight must be anchored. 以下の文脈です。 Everyone knew that things could move, but what about the arena within which the motion took place? Well, that's space, we'd all answer. But, Newton would reply, what is space? Is space a real physical entity or is it an abstract idea born of the human struggle to comprehend the cosmos? Newton realized that this key question had to be answered, because without taking a stand on the meaning of space and time, his equations describing motion would prove meaningless. Understanding requires context; insight must be anchored.

このQ&Aのポイント
  • ESETセキュリティ ソフトウェア シリーズのMAC Book Air M1対応製品について教えてください。
  • Windows PCでESETを使用していたが、MacでもESETを使いたいと考えています。MAC Book Air M1にも対応しているのでしょうか?
  • また、Windows用のESETをMac用に変更することは可能でしょうか?
回答を見る