• ベストアンサー

英訳を助けてください

以下の文を英語にしたいのですが.. ↓ あの列車断線事故は本当にひどかったですね。 日本のテレビでは、悲しみに暮れる遺族の様子が何度も放映されていて、 見ていると本当に悲しい気持ちになります。 電車に限らず、乗り物って怖いね、ひとつ間違えれば人を殺す凶器になるから。 自分も車を運転する時はスピードの出しすぎに気をつけようってしみじみ感じてます。 この英文で大丈夫でしょうか? ↓ That derailment was really terrible. Japanese TV is repeatedly broadcasting people in grief from the loss of their family memebers. Watching it makes me feel really sad. I feel that trains and other vehicles are dangerous - just one mistake turns them into deadly weapons. I am realizing once again that I have to be careful not to overspeed when I drive. どうか添削お願いいたします m(_ _)m

• no9tm
  • お礼率97% (79/81)
  • 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数6

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#20618
noname#20618
回答No.4

That derailment accident in Japan was really terrible, which is repeatedly on air. People who lost their family members are in grief, which makes me so sad. As you know, just one mistake can be a fatal weapon that may kill a lot of people. I realized I should be careful when I drive for fear of this train's accident as well as other vehicles. 参考までに、No.1の方の言われる mayなどを 使って訳してみました。あくまで一例ですが。 スピードの出しすぎというところは 訳出していませんが、車を運転するときに 気をつけるといえば、それも含まれているので。

no9tm
質問者

お礼

そうか、on airだけでもいいんですね。目からウロコです。 というか全文こなれた英語に生まれ変わっていて感激です! どうもありがとうございました! よく読んで勉強しますね!

その他の回答 (3)

• ohboy729
  • ベストアンサー率41% (244/589)
回答No.3

主語もっとはっきりさせた方がいいと思います。 →The sight of the derailment accident was terrible . >I feel that trains and other vehicles are dangerous - just one mistake turns them into deadly weapons. この文は No.1 yonisakuhana さんの意見をさらに進めて「考えたくはないがそういう可能性がある」という意味で仮定法を使ってみたらどうでしょう。 →I think that trains and other vehicles could be dangerous- just one mistake could turn them into deadly weapons. * could(-する可能性もある)を2回使うことにちょっとためらいなありますが・・。 それから、NO.2 FUCHUN さんと同じで I realized がいいと思います。

no9tm
質問者

お礼

主語が単純すぎましたね、確かに元の文では日本語に訳してみてもなんか言葉足らずですね (^^;) 仮定法を使うと良いんですね、なるほど…勉強になります! どうもありがとうございました!

noname#20618
noname#20618
回答No.2

最後の Iam realizing のところは 進行形ではなく単純過去形の I realized の方がいいように感じますが。

no9tm
質問者

お礼

あ~そうですね! 言われてみればそうです! ご指摘どうもありがとうございました!

noname#38331
noname#38331
回答No.1

こんにちは。回答に対する自信ナシにさせていただいていますが他にもっと詳しい方がたくさんいらっしゃるでしょうからという意味です。一応某大学の外国語学部卒のものですが、少し英語から離れていたので全て鵜呑みになさらないようにお願い致します。さて本題に入りますが >ひとつ間違えれば人を殺す凶器になるから。 のニュアンスが、just one misutake turns~となっていますがこれですと、turnsのあたりが若干直接的になりすぎるような気がしますので、 as you know,just one mistake can be deadly weapons that may kill a lot people. のような感じでthatやwhichなどをはさんだりmayを使ったほうが柔らかい感じになると思います。本当に何人もの方がお亡くなりになられているということで、とてもデリケートな話題だと思いますので。 けれども言葉というのは非常に難しいですね。 よかったら参考になさってみてくださいね。

no9tm
質問者

お礼

なるほど、確かに3つ目の文は直接的すぎましたね。yonisakuhanaさんのおっしゃるように、デリケートな話題ですからね、もっと婉曲な表現を使うべきですね。大変参考になるご意見&訳、どうもありがとうございました!(^^)

関連するQ&A

• 英訳 お願いします・・

英訳してみました。合っていますでしょうか? あんなひどい事を言われたのは初めてだ。 This is the first time that I've been told terrible things like that. もっとお互いを知り合うべきと思う。 I think we should get to know more of each other.

• 和訳と英訳してください

They are very bad. I'm really sad with the terrible earthquake that happened in Japan. I believe the planet is taking revenge(前回のセレブの続きです) 君にとても心配かけたみたいだね…ごめん。(前回の和訳の続きです)

• 英訳

英訳を助けていただけないでしょうか? ↓ 望んでいた結婚式場での予約を取れなかったカップルを気の毒に思う内容の文章です。 I really feel pity for Paul and Jen.. I hope that they will be able to get married in the best way possible. ___________. 「PaulとJenの事、とても気の毒の思います…。彼らが何とかベストなかたちで結婚式を挙げる事が出来ればいいなぁ。彼らの幸せそうな笑顔を早く見たいものです。」 上ではpityとしましたが、実はsorryにかえるべきなのか悩んでます。この二つの単語の違いがよく分からなくて…。 二つ目の文章も自信がありません。 "彼らの幸せそうな笑顔を早く見たいものです" はまったく表現が思いつきませんでした。もしいい表現をご存知の方、いらっしゃいましたら、助けてください。

• 至急!英訳お願いします!

英訳お願いします。 My name is Jim and I come from the United States. I have enjoyed reading fiction since I was a child. Since moving to Japan,where I am surrounded by a foreign language every day,I enjoy reading novels in my own language even more. I really find it relaxing. I also feel more confident than when I'm speaking or reading Japanese. It is fun to imagine that I am one of the characters in the novel I'm reading,particularly when I read fantasy stories. When I read Harry Potter,for example,I felt as if I had become a wizard like him. When I read Lord of the Rings,I became Strider. It made me feel so strong and brave! When I told my friend Sue about my imaginary lives,she agreed. "I know what you mean ,"she said. "The same thing happens to me.When I read Little Women,I wanted to help my family like the heroine did." I also enjoy reading science fiction. I like to imagine that I am flying with the other characters in a super fast spacecraft and that we save the earth from terrible crises. When I read I become a different person,even if only for a little while. 何卒よろしくお願いします。

• 英訳お願いします

一年程前に2ケ月程付き合いをしていてその後私が日本に帰国。離れて一年近くなりますがメールで連絡を取り合っていました。私が帰国後すぐにアメリカにもどるつもりでしたがビザの関係で戻れなくなり彼が日本に来てくれることになっていたのですが、私が待ち切れず彼にメールを送りました。Are you serious to come to Japan or other country?I feel you don't like me, don't you even care, if you don't see me. if you really want to see me again,you should be coming see me soon.right? and also you never say around when. but I took it real about you said and i look forward to see you.I need to see you again for me. I'd love for you to come.I am not attracted to other guys but you since I came back to Japan.but if you feel trouble it,please tell me. Please understand that it took courage for me to say these things to you, and I was very scared too,but it's really important for me to know,so please don't feel bad about me asking this. Let me know your true feeling toward me after you read this すると返事が。。。 Thank u for e-mail. It`s alway`s nice hearing from u. To answer your question, I would love to see u in Japan or other country but the timing has to be right. My company got very busy suddenly so I have to take advantage of the business to survive. i really can`t tell u exactly when. I do like u and want to spend time with u but it`s not my fault. Sorry to inconvenience u. U never trouble me and thank u for building the courage to tell me your feelings. I respect that. I hope all is well and take care and be safe. Keep the faith,  このようになっていました。この文の 'it`s not my fault' は何に対して俺のせいではないと言っているのでしょう?日本に行きたいけど仕事のせいで行けないから俺のせいじゃないと言うことでしょうか?’Sorry to inconvenience u'は私に不憫な思い(すぐに会いに行けない事)をさせて悪いということでしょうか?そしてこの’I respect that.’ あなたを尊敬する??? 最後の’Keep the faith’はしっかり。と言う意味ですが、俺は日本に行かないけどあなたは日本で違う人を見つけてしっかり人生生きて行きなさい。と言うことでしょうか?いつものメールでも彼はとても言葉を選んでいるように感じます。ですが 私がthink of you often と送ると think of you ofen also と帰ってきたり。私が写真を送った時は メールの最後にThinking of u,とありました。あまり深い意味はないのでしょうか?? 彼の事が大好きなのにアメリカに入国出来ない自分にいら立ちを覚えて。。。彼のメールの一言一言にいろいろ考えてしまいます。 この文を読んでどう思われますか?彼は私に対する愛情はあると思いますか?友達として好きでお愛想で上手く慰めているのでしょうか?ご意見お願いします。

• 英訳 お願いします・・

以下の英文の訳が分かりそうで、いまいちきちんと訳せません。自分なりに訳してみたのですがいかがでしょうか? What I really miss are the sandwiches stacked so thick that you can barely open your mouth wide enough to bite them on. 『私がとても懐かしいのは、噛み切ろうとしても口が開かないんではと思うほど分厚いサンドイッチです。』

• 英作文の添削をお願いします

子供のころに列車での旅行というのは心躍るものであった。年に一度、夏休みに祖父母の家に行くときには、何時間も列車に乗ると考えただけでわくわくした。今では長距離列車を見ても、子供のころのように気分が高まることはないが、大きな駅のホームに日本各地に向かうさまざまな列車が並んでいる光景は鮮明に覚えているし、発車の瞬間の独特の高揚感を思い出すこともある。 It really excited me to travel by train in my childhood. When I went grand parents' house in summer vacations once a year, even thinking of getting on trains for hours makes me excited. Unlike when I am a child, now I don't feel such feelings when seeing long-trip trains. However, I vividly remember the scenery that there are various trains, which are going to many locations in Japan, in homes of a big station and I sometimes remember the particular excitement when trains start running. in japan in homesというのがどうかと思い、trains to many locations in japan を, which are ~ in Japan, に変えてみましたがどうすればよいのでしょうか? よろしくお願いします  

• 気まぐれ英訳 > たのしみにしていたのを覚えている

「さくら色の花が、冬の終わりを告げてくれるようなことを、ほんとうにたのしみにしていたのを覚えています。」 I remember that I was really looking forward to noticing the end of the winter period by the apperance of the cherry colored flowers. 添削お願いいたします。 他に言い方があれば、そちらもお願いいたします。

• 英訳、和訳お願いします。

英訳お願いします。 ・前回は返信遅れて本当ごめんね。 ・私は日本での生活しか知らないから海外での生活がどんなものか知りたい。 和訳お願いします。 ・times are hard here food and gas are way over priced and no one has money ・ Lets see what do i look for when i was to date someone. Really im not to picky when im dateing but i like someone show is nice to me and someone that likes to hold hands or cuddle. Im a easy guy to get along with plus im funny so that is always good. I really like it when the person im with likes to laugh. 多くてすみません。 よろしくお願いします!!

• 英訳してみました

以下の会話を英訳してみました。どうでしょうか? 以前にパブで明け方まで飲んだ知人と久しぶりに会ったときの会話です。 A『あの日、無事家に帰れた?』 B『帰れたよ。電車はもうないから、タクシーで帰ったよ。』 A『一睡もせず仕事に行ったの?』 B『家に着いたら、“さぼろうかな・・”なんて思いはじめて、体の調子が悪いといって休んじゃった。』 A Did you manage to get home all right that day? B Yes. There were not train servies, so I took a taxi. A Did you go to work without sleeping? B When I got home, I just started to feel that it would be a good idea not to go to work. After all I called in sick.