• ベストアンサー

この英文は正しいでしょうか?

I was daydreaming with leaning against a wall. 「壁に寄りかかってぼーっと考え事をしていた。」 https://nativecamp.net/heync/question/35192 ここでのwithが良くわからないのですが、どのような役割でしょうか?必要なのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4118/5352)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

授業とかテストでのお話ですかね? それならば、結論として同じ様なwithの使い方は避けた方が無難だと思います。ひょっとすると誤った情報なのかも知れません。 「付帯状況」を表現する時にwithを使う構文というのがあった気がするのですが、それだと例えば I was daydreaming with MYSELF leaning against a wall. みたいな言い方になると思います。withのうしろはSVOC構文みたいにして、Oに相当する名詞が要るのだったと思います。それで、質問者さんはwithがよくわからないという事なのですかね。 あるいは、例文によく似た文で付帯状況の文を書くと、withを使わずに名詞構文にしてこの様に書く事はできると思います。 I was daydreaming, leaning against a wall. 私はネイティブレベルのくだけた日常会話みたいなものまではできず、ビジネス的な固い英語しかできないレベルなのですが、もとの例文のような表現の仕方は思い当たりません。 もしかしたら、例えば日本語で言う「ら抜き言葉」みたいな感じで、ネイティブの日常会話では使われていたりするカジュアルな言い回しなのかも知れませんが、日本で英語のテストの採点をする人の中にもそのレベルまで英語を極めている人はほとんど居ないと思います。それでバツをつけられる危険が大きいと思いますので、テストなどではその様なwithの使い方はしないでおいた方が無難なのではないかな、と思います。

corta
質問者

お礼

参考になりました。ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• leaning? leaned? against

いつもありがとうございます*\(^o^)/* はしごが壁に立てかけられている この正しい文は A ladder is leaning against the wall. らしいのですが、 A ladder is leaned against the wall. ではだめでしょうか? 他にも、 A picture is hanging on the wall. が答えでテキストに載っていたのですが、 A picture is hung on the wall. ではだめでしょうか? 現在分詞と過去分詞の使い分けのルールがあれば、教えていただけたら幸いです。

• 英文の解説をお願いします。

英文の解説をお願いします。 下記の英文の解説をお願いします。 原文 【I go into the bathroom, and stacked up against the wall next to the shower, I see a pile of six or seven cameras.】 【私はバスルームに入りました。シャワーの横の壁には6~7台のカメラが積み上げられていました。】 私は下記のように『stacked up against the wall next to the shower』と『I see a pile of six or seven cameras』の部分で倒置が起きているのではないかと考えていますが、あっているのでしょうか?また、あっているとすれば、なぜ倒置が起きているのか教えて下さい。 修正した文 【I go into the bathroom, and I see a piles of six or seven cameras stacked up against the wall.】

• 英文の添削

英文を作りました。 間違えているところがあったら教えてください。 よろしくお願いします。 I like tangerines but my mother doesn't like it. “I'm sorry I was late ,” I said Mame. It is a difficult questions whether I can help a nephew with his homeworks. です。Mameは飼い猫の名前です。 よろしくお願いします。

• ある英文で意味がわからないことがあります

as a trainee working in the kitchen of a luxury hotel, I was always warnd against eating on the job. この文章の as a trainee working in the kitchen of a luxury hotel, この部分なのですが asは「~の時」という意味で使われていると思うのですが この文章の中に動詞が無いような気がします。 warkingは現在分詞で形容詞の役割ではないですか?

• 英文の和訳で困っています 和訳を教えてください

英文の和訳で困っています 和訳を教えていただきたいですよろしくお願いします!! After many had only joined with scepticism and hesitation, action against resistant farmers was announced. At the end of the 1950s there was a campaign against anyone who refused. The continuing stream of refugees towards the ‘free’ West illustrated that the SED and their programme were not particularly popular amongst the population. Within the Party voices were at once raised against Ulbricht and his practice of going along with Soviet domination. A purge was already underway at the end of the 1940s against former SPD members and those Old Communists who had come out against the merger of the KPD and the SPD. Their opposition was particularly directed against the restructuring of the SED as a Stalinist cadre Party.

• 「君に届け」下記、英文について教えてください。

「君に届け」下記、英文について教えてください。 It takes a lot of effort to interact with people,but I still hope that I can break down that wall somehow. google翻訳: それは人々と対話するための多くの努力を取ります。 私は、私はどうにかその壁を破壊できますように、まだ望みます。 (1)stillがある意味を教えてください。 I still hope that~(私はまだ望みます?意味分かりません。。。) (2)「interact」は、この文章では、どういう意味ですか? ご回答宜しくお願いします。

• この英文で通じるでしょうか?

Although originally I am a left-handed when I was a child, however, my parents forced me on a right-handed. I didn’t want to obey it first. I was not able to do writing well and catching a bean with chopsticks either, which is why I dropped a lot of beans on the table many times. It was difficult for me to do everything and dis-satisfied. So I came to think why should I put up with the discomfort and poor performance? It’s meaningless I think. 文法的な誤りがあればご指摘ください。

• 英文添削おねがいします。

自分が今の仕事を選んだ理由を英文で書きました。 添削よろしくお願いします。 I was working as a guide helper when I was a university student. I chose the work related with the person with autisms because of that. I was mental disabilities person's guide helper. However, there were person with autisms in that, too. I had gone out to various places with them on the weekend. But there were a lot of people who have taken a turn in the park during a day. And some people went to the same place every time. When I went out with the person, who lives in group home, She said "I don’t know why I am here, and I want to go home.” And she cried. At that time, I was working as a part-time job. Therefore, I did not neatly know their detailed situations. But I doubted that "Is their life good as today?" in many times. Of course, there were a lot of happiness and goodness, too. However, doubted things very strongly impression in me. So I thought that I want to help the individuals diagnosed with autism to be able to spend the full life happier than now. Therefore, I have chosen the current job that was able to be more deeply related with the person with autism.

• 英文を直して頂けませんか?

今度学校で、夏休みの思い出について発表するのですが、英文があっているのかすごく不安なので、アドバイスをぜひお願いします(*>ω<*) I went to Open-campus with my mother. The amazing thing was that I met a professional soccer player, Naoshi Nakamura there. He was present as a guest, and I had a chance to shake hands with him. I am interested in sports and I want to be a sports trainer in my future, so it was wonderful experience for me. 私は母とオープンキャンパスに行きました。驚いたのはプロサッカー選手の中村直志さんとそこで会ったことです。直志さんはゲストとして参加されていて、私は直志さんと握手する機会がありました。私はスポーツに興味があり、将来はスポーツトレーナーになりたいと思っているので、とても良い体験ができました。

• わからない英文があります

Rico: Remember when I said I was opening Camp Rico? And you said that if the brats ever got bored I could bring them here? JACKSON: I never said that. RICO Well it's your word against mine. Come on in kids! "It's your word against mine"の意味を教えてください