Am I a Fool for Thinking a Poor Man Can Make Me Happy?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • I’m engaged to a man who is honest, thoughtful, and loving, but makes no money.
  • People have always told me I could get any rich man I want because of my looks.
  • I’m torn between thinking I’m squandering my good looks on a poor man and feeling shallow for believing in a sexist fantasy.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

よろしくお願いします

I’m recently engaged to the most honest, thoughtful, and loving man I’ve ever met. He has supported me through many hard times, including losing my job and being assaulted. Here’s the but about him: He makes no money. He has ambitions, and he’s smart, but will likely only bring a middle-class income at best. I have an OK job and I’m self-sufficient. Now here’s the but about me: I’m really, really pretty. My whole life people have told me I could get any man I want, meaning a rich man, and are shocked that I’m engaged to my fiancé, nice though he is. I’ve never dated a rich man, but it does make me curious. So part of me thinks I’m squandering my good looks on this poor man, and the other part of me thinks that I’m so shallow that I don’t even deserve him or anyone else. Am I a fool for thinking that a poor man can make me happy, or an idiot for believing a sexist fantasy? nice though he isは正しい英語なのでしょうか?もしそうでしたら説明をお願いします。あと、ここで言うsexist fantasyとはどのようなことでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4123/5358)
  • 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.3

#1です。補足です。 >>strange though it may appearはthough it may appear strangeと何か違いはあるでしょうか?  あまり文字的な意味は違いませんが、strange though it may appear は、形容詞を強調した「文語的」な感じ、though it may appear strange は、「散文的」と言った感じでしょうかね。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (2)

• Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9727/12099)
回答No.2

>nice though he isは正しい英語なのでしょうか?もしそうでしたら説明をお願いします。 ⇒はい、nice though he isは正しい英語です。「強調のための倒置構文」です。 もちろん、though he is nice「彼は素晴らしいけれども」が通常の語順ですので、nice「素晴らしい」を強調するためにそれを頭に出したわけですね。そして、そのニュアンスの違い、つまり、nice though he isは、「彼は素晴らしいに違いないのですが」といった感じになります。 >あと、ここで言うsexist fantasyとはどのようなことでしょうか? ⇒この表現の、ここでの意味合いは、「白雪姫症候群」のようなものでしょう。つまり、「いつか白馬の王子が私を迎えにくる」というような類の夢想をすることではないかと思います。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

1。nice though he isは正しい英語なのでしょうか?  正しいかどうか知りませんが、形容詞+ though+名詞+ 動詞、または 形容詞+ as+名詞+ 動詞 の形で、「~ではあるものの」と言った表現になります。  下記の strange though it may appear「変に見えるかもしれないが」がそのれにあたります。   https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=though&pg=2as 2。ここで言うsexist fantasyとはどのようなことでしょうか?  性差別者的空想とは、女なら性的魅力があれば、金持ちの男が釣れるという空想のことでしょう。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。strange though it may appearはthough it may appear strangeと何か違いはあるでしょうか?

関連するQ&A

• 「man=人」として使用するときの冠詞

「man=人」として使用するときを調べてみたら次のような文が出てきました。 It doesn't follow that a man is great because he knows many things. It may be said that a man is known by the company he keeps. No man is so old but he can learn. Be a man ever so rich, he must not be idle. A man is worthy of respect not because he is rich but because he has wisdom. Far more important is the fact that man can speak and write. 「man=人」としてmanを使う場合に冠詞をつけたりつけなかったりして使い方が分かりません。 あとついでに教えていただきたいのですが、 最近は性差別の問題から「man=人」を使うのを避ける傾向があると聞いたことがあるのですが、 manであればそのmanを代名詞heで受けられますが、 man以外の単語を使った場合、何と言う代名詞で受けるのでしょうか。

• よろしくお願いします

My fiancé and I just got engaged and are to be married as soon as he graduates from law school. My dad, who has a sense of humor most (but not all) people appreciate, took him on a weekend hunting trip, and according to my intended, made a number of veiled threats of violent acts should he fail to take care of me properly. Of course he tells me he was only joking and it was all in good fun, but that’s not the way my boyfriend sees it. He tells me he has grounds for a case against my father, and although he’s definitely not taking any action, he might in the future if dad doesn’t control himself. I love my fiancé, but I’m starting to rethink our engagement. Should I just tell him to lighten up, or hope that my dad understands and is more accommodating of his sensitivities? according to my intended, made a number of veiled threats of violent acts should he fail to take care of me properly. の和訳を教えてください。intendedの後に何か省略されているのでしょうか?あと、has grounds for a case against my father,の意味も教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 英語の質問です。和訳お願いします。

some guy called me on Wednesday and said my friend had told him that I might be interested in some event.. But he didn't tell me what the event was about because he said he wants to talk to me about it in person.. So we decided to meet next weeks Wednesday. It sounded a bit suspicious so I invited a friend to go with me. But yesterday I found out he's my friends' boyfriend, so I'm not so worried anymore (^_^;) Yesterday was my parents' 25 year anniversary. Dad always sends mom roses if he's at work, but now he contacted me and said his internet at work is not working so he asked me to order 25 roses for mom and also send her a card with a romantic poem (in Spanish of course). And he only contacted me like 2 days before the anniversary day and I was really busy during those days Q__Q I managed to do everything though, but it was a bit strange to be looking for a love poem for my mom, lol. She's the one who could've gotten me a work placement in Tokyo but I refused it later. But now she said its good that I didnt take the job because they had some problems there and that its better for me to just find a company in Kansai area. And she said there was one company where she has connections to, so she will most likely help me with that. Yay (^O^)

• 英語を日本語に訳して貰えますか?

友人から来たメールの文章ですが、なんとなくしか理解出来ません…。英語が堪能な方に訳して頂きたいです…。 Me if i think to marry my EX-boyfriend...in one point i did . but thank god i did not ..he really was not a good boy.he was a evil boss like character..so what he say or nothing! .....he try to control me always ......... and he never care if i need it to finish a project .. so that how she was... ) but now i am by my self and is good but i feel lonely.. and that how i feel now !

• よろしくお願いします

I have been with my husband for 20 years. I'm 43, and he's 63. Our sex life has died. He is no longer attracted to me, and he has let me know it. His love is physical, not emotional. I am not the size 4 I was when he met me. As long as my body looks like he wants it to look, he's into me. If I'm a size 8 or more, he is not at all into me. I have a hard time understanding how he can love me for how I look. Long story short, my first love has popped back into my life. I have tested the waters with him, and I'm in over my head with the way he makes me feel. I haven't slept with him yet, but I have done everything but. I have tested the waters with him, and I'm in over my head with the way he makes me feel. の和訳を教えてください。あと、everything butはどのような意味でしょうか?後に何か省略されているのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• resources

My eldest son is a 33-year-old heroin addict and has been since he was 19. It’s a horrible addiction, and at his lowest point last year he stole over $30,000 from his grandmother (my mother). Now he’s in jail facing felony charges. I’ve visited him twice, and he seems clean, which makes me happy, but my problem is that my mother wants me to help him when he gets out, and I don’t see how I can. He’s been “clean” so many times before, and he’s stolen from almost all of his family members, and I just don’t know how to trust him again. I also don’t know how long his sentence will be. He can’t stay with me; I live in a small loft with no doors and I’m very private. I let him stay once before when he was clean, but he thought I was too strict. I’m getting a lot of pressure to help him get back on his feet, and I’m being berated for not supporting him in his “time of need.” I don’t want him to be released with nowhere to go, however. I can’t afford to help him get an apartment, though my mother thinks I should. Am I a terrible parent for saying no? We live in Texas, where there are not many affordable resources. ここでのresourcesとは何のことでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英文を和訳してください。

和訳お願いします。 An old man died and left son a lot of money. But the son was a foolish young man, and he quickly spent all the money, so that soon he had nothing left. Of course, when that happened, all his friends left him. When he was quite poor and alone, he went to see Nasreddin, who was a kind, clever old man and often helped people when they had troubles. `My money has finished and my friends have gone, `said the young man. `What will happen to me now?` `don't worry, young man, `answered Nasreddin. `Everything will soon be all right again. Wait, and you will soon feel much happier.`

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

I'm in a Loving Relationship, but I'm Obsessed With Another Man Women throw themselves at him, and I've sworn him off numerous times. But then he tells me how much he needs me. .. Women throw themselves at him, and I've sworn him off numerous times.の和訳をよろしくお願いします

• 和訳してください。

英語に詳しい方、翻訳機を使わずに和訳してください。 細かい部分がよく理解できません。 I trying to convince her that she didn't need to ask me for everything, that I wasn't always right about everything, that she should speak up and stand up for herself and argue with me when I had the wrong idea... but she just didn't want to learn. Deep down inside, I discovered, she was the sort of woman who wanted a strong man to dominate her, whom she could lean on and rely on for anything she needed. She wanted to feel safe and taken care of. I don't think that's a bad thing on its own... but over those years I started to become a man I don't want to be: arrogant, controlling, overconfident. Like I couldn't help but enjoy all that power she was always giving me. But I don't want to be that man. And I don't want to live that relationship. I *have* to be able to grow, to learn, to always be taking life as a new lesson, but how can I do that if I'm never wrong about anything? It was too tempting, and it made me a darker person. So, though I loved her very much and it tore my heart to do it, I had to end our relationship. I was not the man she was looking for, even though she wanted me to be. And she was not the woman I have been looking for, even though I desperately loved her beauty and inner light

• もし良ければ訳してください。

The difference between France and Peru, regarding the culture: punctuality. When I arrived, I had to buy all my furnitures. For example, a man was suppose to come to install my curtains. He gave me an hour and I spent all day waiting for him. He didn't call me either. I lost my time and I was so angry that the day after I went to his workshop to tell him that he should have called me to tell me that he couldn't come. I told me that it was a lack of respect. He promised to come the day after at 8h. He was there 5 minutes before. 特に 最後の3文の I told me 以下を重点的にお願いします。