Former Teacher's Holiday Party with Incompetent Brother?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Recently reconnected with a former teacher, now a successful businessman, who wants to mentor me in my new field. He has invited me to his holiday party, where his less talented brother, recently fired as university president, will also be in attendance. How should I handle this?
  • Seeking advice on navigating a potentially awkward situation. I have reconnected with a former teacher who is now a successful businessman and he wants to mentor me. He has invited me to his holiday party, but I just found out that his brother, who was recently fired as a university president, will also be there. How can I handle this without causing any issues?
  • Need advice on how to handle an uncomfortable situation. My former teacher, now a successful businessman, wants to mentor me in my new field and has invited me to his holiday party. The problem is that his brother, who was recently fired as a university president, will also be in attendance. How can I navigate this situation?
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

よろしくお願いします

I just reconnected with a former teacher, now a successful businessman who wants to mentor me in my new field. He has invited me to a holiday party. Also in attendance will be his much less talented brother, recently fired from his job as university president at my alma mater after two years of incompetence, during which he wrecked the endowment and alienated the faculty. incompetenceとwrecked the endowmentはどう訳したら良いでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4123/5358)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • ILFocus
  • ベストアンサー率36% (17/47)
回答No.3

wrecked the endowment: 寄付金を台無しにした。 incompetence: 無能であること。 詳しくは書かれていませんが、学長として2年間、大学を運営したが、あまりの無能ぶりに職を解かれたということでしょう。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (1)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.2

1。incompetence はどう訳したら良いでしょうか?  無能さ、不手際 2。wrecked the endowmentはどう訳したら良いでしょうか?  大学が外部から受ける補助金を損ねる、何かの不手際で、お金が入らなくなる、でしょう。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• 訳をお願いします。

He would often think out loud while I was there . Of course, he could have been talking to a bed or a chair just as easily. But it was now a habit was slower than his. But that served to make his own ideas come faster and brighter. This was my part in our relationship. When I arrived at Baker Street, I found him sitting in his armchair. His face deep in thought . It was clear that he was considering some difficult problem. He waved his hand for me to sit down. It was nearly a half hour before he finally looked up. Then he quickly turned to me and smiled. He welcomed me back to what was once my home. he could have been talking to a bed or a chair just as easily. He welcomed me back to what was once my home.上の二行の文でまず、could have been talking 、 just as easily、訳し方がわかりません。また、back to 、what was once my home 訳し方がわかりません。宜しくお願いします。

• どのような意味でしょうか

I have been dating a wonderful guy for several years. He is a great partner, handsome, hard-working, and he cares a great deal about making me happy. My parents love him, too. I recently learned that his small business is paying several employees under the table, at the employees’ request. This has left me feeling confused and upset. I believed that he was a pretty ethical person, and, in his mind, he is doing a favor to his employees. In my mind, he is risking the company that he has worked so hard to build. paying several employees under the tableはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• おねがいします

share A with Bとshare in A with Bってほとんど同じなのでしょうか。 He shares an apartment with his brother. 彼はアパートを弟と一緒に使っている. He shared my joys and sorrows with me. 彼は喜びも悲しみも私と共にしてくれた. He shared in the expenses with me. 彼は私とその費用を分担した. He shared in my sorrows as well as in my joys. 彼は喜びばかりか悲しみも私と共にしてくれた.

• In his defense

I unfriended a classmate on Facebook because he dismissed my feelings when I referenced his homophobic teasing 40 years ago (I came out in high school). A lot of classmates teased me, but this particular guy was the worst of the group. In his defense, he was an ass to everyone, In his defenseはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• Always Constanly Foreverの違い

ある問題集にHe'sで文を始め次の1~7の動詞を現在進行形にしてA~Gに合うものにつなげその際にForever, constantly または alwaysをいれなさい。 1. mess up 2. leave 3. borrow 4. brag 5. try 6. crack 7.forget A. about himself B. the kitchen C. my clothes without asking me D. to give me my phone message E. his dirty dishes on the table F. to show me he:s smarter than me G. his knuckles while I'm trying to study という問題なんですが、答えが He's always messing up the kitchen. He's always leaving his dirty dishes on the table. He's forever borrowing my clothes without asking me. He's constantly bragging about himself. He's always trying to show me he’s smarter than me. He's constantly cracking his knuckles while I’m trying to study. He's always forgetting to give me my phone messages. です。 どのようにこの答ではAlways,Forever,Constantlyを選んでいるのですか?

• よろしくお願いします

My father has been a police officer for more than 30 years. Due to the recent violence (Aurora, Boston) he insists on carrying his gun on him at all times, including when he visits my home to see my small children. We live in a high-rise in a very nice neighborhood in a major city, but he reads the news about the violence in other parts of the city and won’t leave his gun behind. This makes me extremely nervous. Recently at work, while cleaning his weapon, he had an accidental discharge. Luckily no one was hurt, yet he still carries his gun around my kids. I’m on the verge of banning him from being around my children. My mother and I have a difficult relationship and she thinks it’s fine he’s packing 24/7. ここでのpackingはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• どのような意味でしょうか

After many hours of crying and shouting he admitted to me that he and this person have engaged in sexual contact. I'm crushed! This is the love of my life! I would never have suspected cheating from him! He said he had to get his curiosity out of his system before he asked me to marry him this summer. get his curiosity out of his systemとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英語の訳をお願いします!!

Now let me tell you about Larry Walters, my hero.Walters is a truck driver, thirty-three years old. He is sitting in his lawn chair in his backyard, wishing he could fly. For as long as he could remember, he wanted to go up. To be able to just rise up in the air and see far away. The time, money, education, and opportunity to be a pilot were not his . Hang gliding was too dangerous, and any good place for gliding was too far away.So he spent a lot of summer afternoons sitting in his backyard in his ordinary old aluminum lawn chair.

• 同意文作成問題の解答を教えて下さい(高校受験)

(1)Will you wait here for me?  Will you wait here (     )I come back? (2)He went up to Tokyo at the age of twenty.  He went up to Tokyo (     )he (     )twenty. (3)I am tired because I worked hard.  I am tired (     )(     )hard work. (4)While he was staying in Paris,he visited his old friend.  (     )his(     )in Paris,he visited his old friend. (5)When I was going to station,I saw a friend of mine.  I saw a friend of mine (     )my(     )to station. (6)Look at the girl who has a beautiful lily in her hand.  Look at the girl (     )a beautiful lily in her hand.

• paying his way

Two years after my mom made that decision, my dad successfully applied to be transferred to a prison closer to us. I would love to say that he did it because he really wanted to reconnect with his daughter, but the truth is that he wanted to be closer to his mother. She was paying his way in prison. paying his wayとはどういうことでしょうか?よろしくお願いします