Paying His Way

このQ&Aのポイント
  • My dad transferred to a prison closer to us, not to reconnect with his daughter but to be closer to his mother who was supporting him financially.
  • Two years after my mom's decision, my dad successfully applied to be transferred to a prison closer to us. However, his motivation was not to reconnect with his daughter, but to be closer to his mother, who was financially supporting him while he was in prison.
  • The reason my dad transferred to a prison closer to us was not because he wanted to reconnect with his daughter, but because he wanted to be closer to his mother, who was paying his way in prison.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

paying his way

Two years after my mom made that decision, my dad successfully applied to be transferred to a prison closer to us. I would love to say that he did it because he really wanted to reconnect with his daughter, but the truth is that he wanted to be closer to his mother. She was paying his way in prison. paying his wayとはどういうことでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4131/5367)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9728/12102)
回答No.2

>Two years after my mom made that decision, my dad successfully applied to be transferred to a prison closer to us. I would love to say that he did it because he really wanted to reconnect with his daughter, but the truth is that he wanted to be closer to his mother. She was paying his way in prison. ⇒「母がその決心をした2年後に、父は私たちの近くの刑務所に移してもらうように申請した。私は、父が自分の娘とのつながりを取り戻したいからそうしたのだと言いたかったけれど、実際は、彼はより母の近くに来たかったのです。彼女が父の刑務所での費用を負担していたのです。」 >paying his wayとはどういうことでしょうか? ⇒「彼女(彼の母親)が、刑務所での彼の費用を負担していたのです。」

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (1)

• 92128bwsd
  • ベストアンサー率58% (2275/3919)
回答No.1

http://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=pay+one%27s+way なので、ここでは「彼女は彼の牢獄での負担をしたいた」かと思います。 「二年前、母が決心した後、私の父は私達の近くの刑務所にうまく移ることができた。私は父が自分の娘と心底つながっていたいからそうしたのだと思いたかったけれど、実際には父は母の近くにいたかったのです。母は父の刑務所での費用を負担していたのです。」

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• lost his way

I thought my husband and I had a great marriage -- until I looked on his phone and found text messages to another woman. I was crushed. I asked him about it, and he said that it was nothing and that there were only a few messages. When I checked our cellphone details, I was completely devastated to find that it had been going on for almost a year and there were almost 2,000 text messages during the past six months. When I talked to him about this and all the lies he had told me, he said he had lost his way and he was sorry and didn't want to lose me. lost his wayはここではどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• on his own terms

My grandfather passed away three years ago. It was the first death in the family I’ve experienced. I was absolutely in bits when he died. He was very healthy all of my life until that point. He had an ongoing “flu” for a couple weeks that turned out to be cancer, and he passed within a month of letting all of the immediate family know about the diagnosis. He did not opt for treatment that would have lengthened his life, which I absolutely am grateful for. He passed on his own terms in his home. He passed on his own terms「自分が思うがままに死んだ」?でしょうか?どういうことでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• I want it that way.の文型

バックストリートボーイズのI want it that way.の文型がわかりません。 私の疑問点は、 1、that wayはよくある、前置詞inが省略された副詞句なのか?(例:I'll Do It My Way.) 2、それともただのthat(形容詞)+way(名詞)なのか? というものです。 もし仮に1ならば、I want it in that way.となりただの第三文型です。 しかし意味的には、私はそれを、そのように、欲しい。とわかりにくい文になってしまいます。 もし2ならば、that wayに前置詞がついていないので、第五文型と考え、 私はそれがそのようであって欲しい。という訳になりますが、wantの第五文型は、I want you to have a rest.のような、to不定詞がつくものだと考えていたので疑問が残ります。それとも、I want it (to be )that way. というto beが省略されたものでしょうか(I like my steak juicy.のような感じでしょうか)? 一応推測としては、2が正しいような気がするのですが、確信がもてないので詳しい方お願いいたします。

• 和訳お願いいたします(中学レベル)。

中学英語から勉強をやりなおしている社会人です。 英文を読んでいて、上手く訳せない部分がありますので、その部分の説明をしていただけないでしょうか? 登場人物は2人で、女性が、木の実を手に持って男(チンパンジー)に渡そうとしている場面です。 He closed his fingers around my hand and looked into my eyes. Then he took the nut and dropped it to the ground. From the way he looked, it was easy to tell that he didn't want the nut, but he wanted to thank me for that. ここでよくわからない部分が2箇所あります。 「From the way he looked」と「it was easy to tell that he didn't want the nut」の部分です。 前者は、彼が彼女を見つめていたので、その「見つめかたから」という解釈でよいのでしょうか。 後者に関しては、「彼女が、彼が木の実を欲していないということが簡単にわかった」という事がいいたいのでしょうか?この文章でのtellの訳し方がよくわかりません。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• wayのフィーリング?

NHKラジオ英会話講座より The othr days I told Mike that I liked his cologne. I think it went to his head. Now he wears way too much of it. ...... ・・省略・・、今では、そのオーデコロンをつけすぎてるのよ。 (質問)[way]についてお尋ねします。ここでは日本語に訳すとどうなりますか。ネイティブの口癖のように頻繁に使う[way]ですが、漠然としてつかみ所の無い単語で苦手です。「道、方向、やり方、方法、仕方」等イメージできるものもありますが・・。何か気楽に使うための、ヒントでもいただければと希望します。以上

• his will prevailedの訳し方?

He could not bear contradiction; he did not have the strength that allows opposition. He could be generous only when his will prevailed. 最後の一文のhis will prevailedは、どのように訳しますか? よろしくお願い致します。

• どのような意味でしょうか

I have been dating a wonderful guy for several years. He is a great partner, handsome, hard-working, and he cares a great deal about making me happy. My parents love him, too. I recently learned that his small business is paying several employees under the table, at the employees’ request. This has left me feeling confused and upset. I believed that he was a pretty ethical person, and, in his mind, he is doing a favor to his employees. In my mind, he is risking the company that he has worked so hard to build. paying several employees under the tableはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• be a way to の意味

Gotta be a way to break out my shell 自分の殻を打ち破るわ be a way to というところがわかりません。 この中でway はどういう意味に当たりますか?

• comings and goings

My husband and I have been married for 20 years. We've had our share of ups and downs, but always managed to work our way through them. Last year, he decided he no longer wanted to be married, saying the last 20 years were not all that pleasant and we have never really gotten along. (As far as I know, there isn't another woman.) My problem is, for the most part, he still acts like he wants to be married. He has made no attempt to leave, tells me his comings and goings, asks me to have dinner together, etc. tells me his comings and goingsはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 常夏のハワイ日記(その39)

英訳宜しくお願いいたします。 1 斎藤に、俺ん家の、オヤジなんか敗戦後、ソ連の要請でビザ無しでインフラ整備に携わったんだ  ぞ!!って言った。 I said to Saito that my dad was requested from The Russian Governmentafter WWII without a visa, and my dad participated in construct infrastructure for them. 2 斎藤が「すげぇな、お前のオヤジさん」って言った。  Saito said to me that "Great!! your dad was really great" 3 そうよ、オレのオヤジは仕事熱心だから170センチぐらいあるんだけど日本に帰って  来た時は45キロぐらいにスリムになってったって、オヤジが言ってた。    My dad worked soooo hard, his height is about 170centimeter,but when he came back to Japan, his weight was about 45kg . My dad told me so. 4 オヤジはタバコ吸わないから同僚と5グラムの砂糖と交換してあげてたと言ってたな  He told me that he didn't smoke, so exchange his co-worker 5g suger. 5 みんな、ロシア人のセジマンスキー様の計らいですなぁ。 All of my dad and co-worker's devotin is atRussian Mr.Sejimanskii's discretion. 英訳でもロシア語訳でもなんでも宜しくお願いします。日本語はダメざんすよ。