Overcoming Obesity: My Journey to Better Health

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Discover how one woman's diabetes scare led to a 50-pound weight loss and a boost in self-esteem.
  • Learn about the challenges she faced with her wardrobe and the meaning of 'staple pieces'.
  • Find out how she plans to maintain her weight loss long-term and her outlook on life.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

よろしくお願いします

I have been overweight my entire life. Because of a diabetes scare a couple of years ago, I lost 50 pounds, primarily through running and modifying my diet. My self-esteem has greatly improved because I now have more energy to keep up with my kids and can go for longer walks with my husband and just overall have more energy for life. My doctor says that my cholesterol is down and my blood pressure is great. I have kept the weight off for over a year now, so I feel pretty confident that by taking the pounds off slowly, I will keep them off. Annie, I have always loved fashion. Even at my heaviest, I took great pride in my wardrobe and always bought a few expensive staple pieces that I hoped to keep forever. The problem now is that none of my expensive clothes fit. It was really over a 10-year period that I built up a beautiful wardrobe. staple piecesはどのような意味でしょうか?あと、It was really over a 10-year period that I built up a beautiful wardrobe.の和訳も教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4129/5365)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2671/3943)
回答No.1

ここで "staple pieces" とは、ドレスアップする上でコーディネートに欠かせない、流行などに左右されることのない、一度買ったら一生使えるような衣類やアクセサリーのことを指しています。 [ご参考] https://www.realsimple.com/beauty-fashion/clothing/wardrobe-basics/wardrobe-staples "It was really over a 10-year period that I built up a beautiful wardrobe." 「素敵なワードローブを築くのに、私は実に10年越しの歳月を要した。」

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• broken 300 pounds

I am at a complete loss over how to help my father. He’s been overweight my entire life, and I’m reaching a point of feeling like I have to do something about it. I found out when I went home that he’s broken 300 pounds. broken 300 poundsはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• driven

I recently started talking to a man I met on an online dating site. He is attractive, well-educated, respectful, and driven; we hit it off and have talked for over a week. He informed me that he has a 5-year-old son from a previous relationship and I feel a little blindsided. I am a recent college graduate who just started her first salaried job, and I am worried that dating someone with a child is a little over my head. drivenはどのような意味でしょうか?あと、over my headはここではどう訳したら良いでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• acknowledge

I have been with my husband for five years. I have a daughter from a previous marriage who is now 10 and a 4-year-old daughter with my husband. Every year, his parents and other extended family acknowledge my younger daughter’s birthday. ここでのacknowledgeはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 意味を教えてください

I am 31, recently out of a 12-year relationship (and three-year marriage), and am at a loss. While I was chubby when my ex and I started dating, my weight became an issue of contention near the end of my marriage. I’d like to have kids, and would therefore like to start dating, maybe find someone to have a family with. I feel short of time given that I spent all of my 20s in a relationship that didn’t work out in that way. I am clinically obese though I’ve been told that I am attractive and carry it well. Should I wait until I lose the approximately 30 pounds that I need to lose to be at a normal weight, or can I realistically date now? I know this is a strange question and somewhat individual but while I sometimes chat with people on dating apps like Tinder or OKCupid (my pics are recent and accurate, though flattering), I tend to dodge out before making plans to meet because I am nervous about reactions to my weight. carry it wellとdodge outの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• hands-off

I am a nurse who is male. Not a male nurse (that term is considered offensive). I have been married for over a year. When we were dating I got the feeling my now wife wasn’t too thrilled with my job choice. She teased me about it, saying things like how I must really have wanted to be a doctor but didn’t have the brains. I talked to her about it. I told her that I never wanted to be “more than” a nurse, and to be able to take care of people had been my dream for years. Medicine is too hands-off for me, and I never even thought of that route. Medicine is too hands-off for meはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

I was making small talk at a work function when a woman asked if I had children. I said no. She expressed pity that I hadn't experienced life's greatest joy and said she couldn't understand why women these days prioritize careers over family. She added that parenthood is a prerequisite for being a good manager since women without children lack the maturity necessary to lead teams. Carolyn, it wasn't my choice not to have kids, and this is a painful subject for me. In my 20s, I would have brushed this off and changed the subject, but now I am in my 40s struggling to save for retirement on a salary that falls far below that of my married-with-children peers in the same profession. I have been passed over even though I have always had outstanding performance evaluations. I am always expected to work overtime and take a hit for the team because I don't have kids, yet I am also resented and belittled for it. So, this time I calmly asked her, "Do you think having a genetic disease makes a person immature? Do you think watching an 8-year-old relative die from said genetic disease makes a person immature? There are a lot of reasons people don't have kids, and a lot of paths to maturity." That did not go over well. Now my presence clears the room. passed overとtake a hit for the teamとmy presence clears the room はどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 翻訳おねがいします!

my friends are like its so cool that I have a penpal now and I was like I know right ^_^ Do your friends have penpals as well?

• よろしくお願いします

My daughter had her first day of kindergarten this week. I learned that day from a different kindergarten teacher that my mother-in-law sat in on her class over a year ago. This would have been when we first moved into the district and more than a year before my daughter would even attend. This would have been when we first moved into the districtの訳と文法的解説をよろしくお願いします

• 英語の翻訳お願いします。相手のアカウントがどうのこうのと言っているかと思われます。

英語の翻訳お願いします。相手のアカウントがどうのこうのと言っているかと思われます。 would you pls relist this pochette I have a buyer that filed a dispute against my paypal account and now I have negative amount on my account. I am sorry for this inconvenience.

• よろしくお願いします

I have a 1-year-old daughter. On my days off, I like to try to get together with my friend, Stacey, a stay-at-home mom, and her 2-year old daughter and 1-year-old son. About a month ago, I accepted an invitation to her house and took my daughter to play with her children. My daughter had a head-cold—runny nose, occasional cough. I didn’t think it was a big deal since I would still have taken her to day care had it been a day that I was working. had it been a day that I was workingの意味と文法的解説をよろしくお願いします