How to Address Speculation About My Sexual Orientation When Starting a New Relationship?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • I recently started seeing a woman I really like, but I'm concerned about speculation regarding my sexual orientation.
  • I don't want my past relationships to be discounted, but I also don't want to share too much with my parents.
  • How can I address these concerns without feeling like I'm oversharing?
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

よろしくお願いします

recently started seeing a woman I really like, and I think we might have long-term relationship potential. I know I’m lucky I won’t be disowned if I were to come out, but I do think there would be a lot of speculation about whether I’ve been a lesbian all along. I don’t have a problem with that identity, but it’s not mine! I feel weird about having my past relationships discounted and I’m hoping for a bit of help figuring out what to say if this comes up that doesn’t also feel like TMI for my parents. that doesn’t also feel like TMI for my parentsのthatは何にかかっているのでしょうか?このような使い方について教えてください。よろしくお願いします。

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4073/5300)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15294/33013)
回答No.1

1。that doesn’t also feel like TMI for my parentsのthatは何にかかっているのでしょうか?  what to say でしょう。 2。このような使い方について教えてください。  TMIは。下記のように too much informationの略で「情報多すぎ」という意味です。 https://www.lifewire.com/what-is-tmi-2483634  それ情報多すぎ > 要らないこと > 大きなお世話 > 聞くんじゃなかった > 後味が悪い > 言わでものことども   https://kotobank.jp/word/%E8%A8%80%E3%82%8F%E3%81%A7%E3%82%82-436988 3。私は自分の過去の間柄が無となるのに違和感を感じる、そして両親にまた余計なことを、と思わせないような言い方を考えるのを手伝ってもらいたかった。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご返信が遅れました。ご回答ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (1)

• koncha108
  • ベストアンサー率49% (1312/2665)
回答No.2

that の先行詞はthisでthis はだいぶ前に出てくる to come outか、come out するするような状況でしょう。主節(この場合はif文の中の)が関係代名詞thatの先行詞になることはあるし文法的にはおかしくないと思いますが、表現が少しまわりっくどくてわかりにくいです。 I know ... から訳すと、 「もし私が(自分の性的指向を)告白したとしても家族から見放されないだろうことはラッキーだと思うけれど、私が最初からずっとレズビアンだったのかと言う詮索をたくさん受けるだろうと思う。私がそうだと思われても構わないけど、でも私はそうじゃない!私の過去の付き合いを軽視されるのは奇妙な気分で、もしこれを言う状態になってそれがまた両親にくどくどと説明する感じじゃないとしたら、どう言ったらよいか考えつくのに少しだけでも助けがあったらと期待します。」 come up は自動詞句で、何か出来事が起る。ある状態がやってくる。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご返信が遅れました。ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• social cues

I feel like a jerk for admitting it, but my boyfriend (we’re both guys) loves to talk. A little too much, actually. I used to find it endearing, but he has a tendency to ramble on about things he’s passionate about—even if whomever he’s talking to doesn’t know anything about the subject matter or is bored or tired. He hates being interrupted, too, so he gets annoyed even if you try to ask him a question about whatever he’s talking about. I appreciate the fact that he has passions, but I feel like I’m being lectured every time. Even my friends and family have pointed it out. I’ve tried gently broaching the subject, but it’s like he doesn’t get social cues. he doesn’t get social cues「社会的手掛かりを得ない」?要はどういうことでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• that節

My husband and I have been raising two of my grandkids: Their mothers are from my first marriage and addicted to drugs. It was rough the first few years, but I told my husband I couldn’t turn my back on the grandkids and he said that we together could do it. Fast-forward several years and he’s retired, the kids are 14 and 9, and I feel like I get punished all the time for “ruining his life and retirement” by choosing the grandkids over him. He always starts off that it was the only choice we could make, but there isn’t a day that goes by he doesn’t have a sarcastic remark about me or the grandkids’ mothers or how dishonest and horrible all women are. He always starts off thatはなぜ that節がとれるのでしょうか?何にでもとれるわけではないですよね?よろしくお願いします

• 以下の和訳をお願いします。

こんにちは。お世話になります。以下の和訳をお願いします。 なるべく原文に即した形でお願い致します。ちょっとしたニュアンスのところが訳せず困っています。 お忙しいところすいませんが、お時間のある方よろしくおねがいいたします。 My employer/co-workers have discriminated against me. Some people act as though I am less competent than usual by others. I feel I have been treated with less respect than usual by others. I feel others are concerned they could “catch” my illness through Contact like a handshake or eating food I prepare. I feel others avoid me because of my illness. Some family members have rejected me because of my illness. I feel some friends have reject me because of my illness. I encounter embarrassing situations as a result of my illness. Due to my illness others seem to feel awkward and tense when they are around me. I have experienced financial hardship that has affected how I feel about myself. My job security has been affected by my illness. I have experienced financial hardship that has affected my relationship with others. I feel others think I am to blame for my illness. I do not feel I can be open with others about my illness. I fear someone telling others about my illness without my permission. I feel I need to keep my illness a secret. I feel I am at least partially to blame for my illness. I feel set apart from others who are well. I have a greater need than usual for reassurance that others care about me. I feel lonely more often than usual. Due to my illness, I have a sense of being unequal in my relationships with others. I feel less competent than I did before my illness. Due to my illness, I sometimes feel useless. Changes in my appearance have affected my social relationships.

• 和訳をお願いします。お手数をおかけします。

I will keep the one I have ordered. I will order another one later!! That's why I ended up getting the a54....I like that you thought about me being a first time user and I wish to use the blade . I may get the A09 also but I will wait a little. I may also get the nicest one you have. But thanks for helping. I'm sure that the a54 is a good start!!

• 添削お願いします。m(。_。;))m ペコペコ

<(_ _*)>いつもお世話になり、ありがとうございます。英文の添削、よろしくお願いします。 授業の前には、次の授業では何を話そうか、予習しなくちゃ!と思うのだけれど、無理に英文を詰め込んでも自分の実力はすぐ見抜かれてしまうだろう。 だから自分の実力のままでいいや。と思ってしまう。 I always feel that I should think about what to talk in next class and that I should study beforhand but on the other hand I also think that it is no use forcing myself to put things in my head since the teacher will notice it. Before taking lessons, I feel that I need a topic in the lesson and I have to prepare for the lesson. But I end up in thinking that it is no use in cramming English sentences into my head and that I would go with my current English ability.

• pick up on social cues

I've been friends with a girl for 3 years—let's just call her Elliot. I had a huge crush on a guy—we'll call him Joe—and I felt like I had to confide in someone about it or I would explode, so I told Elliot. Little did I know that she also liked Joe. She decided to be a big jerk and tell Joe about my feelings for him–and not only that, but she also told our entire friend group. We eat lunch with these people and it's embarrassing to be around them now. I'm stuck because I have three classes with Elliot and various classes with other people in that group of friends. It takes a long time for me to warm up to people in terms of trust, and I'm also a very sensitive person. I feel like Elliot has betrayed me, but when I confronted her about it, she acted like she had done nothing wrong. She doesn't seem to pick up on social cues in a sense that she tries to ask people out on dates repeatedly when they don't have feelings for her in return. pick up on social cuesの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• anybody's business

I have recently accepted that I'm bisexual. It's not something I feel the need to come out about because I am happy with my boyfriend and frankly don't feel that who does or doesn't turn me on is anybody's business. anybody's business=nobody's businessでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• anchored

I'm a 45-year-old single woman. I am financially secure and self-sufficient. Years ago, I moved miles away from my parents. Their positive qualities far outweigh their negative ones, but lately I am feeling increasingly upset about a situation. I am happy being single. I have a decent job, own a home and have created a good life for myself. I badly want to adopt or foster a child on my own. I have thought of doing this for years. Every time I bring this up to my parents, I am bombarded by all of the negative aspects of being a single parent. My father is admittedly prejudiced and has made remarks about the possibility that I may adopt a non-white child. I would not expect my parents to support my child in any way, financially or emotionally. They are amazing people in many ways but for the life of me I cannot understand why they are so against my goal to adopt on my own. I have tried talking to them about how they make me feel. This has only led to arguments. I fear that if I listen to my mother's litany of reasons why I shouldn't be a parent, I will never fulfill my dream. I don't wish to alienate my family. How can I handle this situation? -- Wannabe Mom Dear Wannabe: The fact that you are so anchored to what your parents think about your family-building goals might mean that you are still not ready for parenthood, ここでのanchoredはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

I am 35 years old. For the last 10 years, I've been working at the same company, gradually working my way up to senior management. I have a large, high-performing team, and we typically hit all of our department goals. We have a great reputation, and are seen as the team that "gets it done" every single time. Here's the thing -- my job is too easy. I do what I'm supposed to do, and I do it well, but it's not challenging. Most days drag on for what feels like forever. I don't hate my job at all, but I'm not in love with it. I've thought about leaving many times. I've entertained other offers, but the problem is other companies can't touch my salary, so I always back away from the conversation with potential employers, because I don't want to give up the lifestyle to which I've become accustomed. I've talked to my boss about expanding my responsibilities, and he's obliged, but anything he's given me is never challenging for long. I've also gone back to take professional development courses at my local university to teach me something new, but it doesn't solve my day-to-day boredom. My husband says I should be grateful that I have a high-paying job that is not stressful anymore, and should settle. That feels wrong to me -- I like having challenging days that push me out of my comfort zone, and I feel like I'm too young for another 30 years of this. Should I suck it up and collect my check? can't touch my salaryとはどういうことでしょうか?あと、collect my checkは「小切手を集める」?なぜ小切手なのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

My partner and I recently got engaged and have begun the wedding planning. While we both agree that we would prefer a low-key, inexpensive event, some amount of money is still going to be spent, and we are having trouble raising the funds on our own. I know that it is typical for the father of the bride to pay for the majority of the expenses, but being that there is no bride, this makes things more difficult. My fiancé’s parents are well off and very supportive, but my own parents, especially my father, are not as well off. My question is: How do I go about asking either parent for financial support for this wedding? If I want this wedding to go the way I’d like, I need some type of financial aid. Gay marriage is fairly new, so there doesn’t seem to be any precedent set for this. being that there is no brideの意味と用法について教えてください。あと、any precedent set for thisの意味も教えてください。よろしくお願いします