Should I Always Put the Toilet Seat Down in a Gender-Neutral Bathroom?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • When using a gender-neutral bathroom, should I always put the toilet seat down? I believe that men, who tend to make the seats dirty in the first place, should be the ones responsible for touching them.
  • However, I wonder if by doing so, I am encouraging lazy men to pee on the seat, making the whole bathroom less hygienic.
  • This question sparked a debate among my friends.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

よろしくお願いします

When I use a gender-neutral bathroom to pee, I put the toilet lid down when I’m done. But when there’s no lid, I still put the seat down so if the next person to use the bathroom is a woman (or a man who will be sitting), the seat will already be down and they won’t have to handle the seat. I think men tend to be the ones who make the seats gross in the first place so we should be the ones saddled with this mildest of burdens to occasionally touch toilet seats. But am I encouraging lazy men after me to just pee on the seat, making the whole bathroom less hygienic? This turned into a whole thing when I brought it up with friends. This turned into a whole thingとはどういうことでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4123/5358)
  • 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • koncha108
  • ベストアンサー率49% (1312/2665)
回答No.4

This turned into a whole thing when I brought it up with friends. 「この話を友達に話したら、このことが話題の全てに変わってしまいました。」 ここは文脈でとらえるしか無いです。a whole thing は 、全てのこと。つまり話題の全て。thisは、トイレの便座を毎回おろすとその後に入ってきた不精な男が便座を上げないままおしっこして余計トイレを不衛生にしてるんじゃないか?と言う疑問、話。 I brought it up のitは、これを書いた人(男性)が、男女共用のトイレを使うときに終わったら便座を下げておいてあげ、その後の女性や便座を下げて使う男性が、便座に触らないで良いようにしてあげると言うこの人の習慣と、それが男性の咳んじゃないかと言うお話のこと。 そう言う、ささやかなマナーのお話を友達にしたら(brought it up with friends) 話題が、話題の全て(a whole thing)がより不衛生になるようにしていると言う話に変わってしまった (turned into) 。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (3)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.3

#1です。ゴミ2です。 >>>>すみません、迷句は理解できませんでした^^;   ある晩、女が泥棒に入り、その家のしきたりを知らず、急ぎの用だったので、思わず座るつもりで下降中、予定の所を通過してドブーン、驚いて、悲鳴をあげた、  これを聞いて、目を覚ました家人は110番し、泥棒は、ただちに駆けつけた警官に取り押さえられた。「頭隠して尻隠さず」と言うことわざの始まりです。

corta
質問者

お礼

なるほど、そういうことですか。ご回答ありがとうございます

• SPS700
回答No.2

#1です。ゴミです。 >>すみません、迷句は理解できませんでした^^;  これは今考えついた解釈ですが、家の男はみんな「小」を立ってし、便座を上げたままにしておく。家の女はみんなそれを知っているから問題はない。  ある晩、女が泥棒に入り、その家のしきたりを知らず、急ぎの用だったので、思わず座るつもりで下降中、予定の所を通過してドブーン、驚いて、悲鳴をあげた、  という解釈です。

• SPS700
回答No.1

This turned into a whole thingとはどういうことでしょうか?  多分、part 部分が集まって whole 「全体」ができる、という前提が書いた人の頭にあったのでしょう。  (こんな些細な一部分の話がまるで何か)重要な全体であるかのように大きなおおごとになった。  これとは無関係ですが僕が作った迷句をご紹介します。  「真夜中の 悲鳴 便座の 位置を知る」

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。すみません、迷句は理解できませんでした^^;

関連するQ&A

• よろしくお願いします

I was recently a victim of fraud. It involved a job offer that turned out to be fake and a check that turned out to be bad. a check that turned out to be badは「使い物にならない小切手」でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 次の文は英語で何と言いますか?(映画館にて)

『もし私がアメリカの映画館にいるとして、席に座ろうと思った時、その席が空いてるかどうか、近くに座っている人に尋ねたいとき、何て言って尋ねることが出来ますか?』 If I were in a movie theater in the states, when I wanted to sit down a seat, but I didn't know the seat was already taken or not by anybody, how could I ask nearby person in such situation?

• よろしくお願いします

I am a senior citizen with an issue regarding children who use the restroom without being educated or properly trained in etiquette. I have seen kids standing 3 feet from the toilet (because they are too short to use the urinal) and spraying the seat. This is not a competition to see how far away you can be and still hit the target. Some parents are concerned about germs and tell their kids not to touch the seat, so you can imagine the messes I have witnessed when using a public restroom. ここでのseatは何のことでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 翻訳お願いします!

This concept might not be a big deal for you if you grew up in Japan, but it was a big deal for me when I first arrived here. Let me tell you why. When I was growing up, we only morning – for one hour each! If I didn’t get up before them, I sometimes had to wait more than an hour just to use the toilet. Later, when I was a college student, I had the same problem. There were four of us sharing a house. We shared a house. We shared everything: the kitchen, the living room, and, of course, the bathroom. With so many people sharing one bathroom, the wait to use the toilet could get quite long. This is usually not a problem in Japan. Another reason I like Japanese – style showers/bath is that they are designed to get wet. You never have to worry about getting the floor or walls wet because they are supposed to have water on them! And you don’t have to wipe them down afterwards to prevent mold – as my mother always made me do. 訳すのに注意しなければいけないところや、意訳で難しいところも教えてくれると嬉しいです!

• ドイツ人による英文です

バイクパーツの納期についての連絡なんですが理解できませんでした。 翻訳していただけませんか、 よろしくお願いします。 Probably the first dated tank appointments can not be kept and the seats have a delay of 3-4 weeks. This applies just to those who stand first in the supply chain. A supplier who should also deep-draw the seat has three weeks ago damaged the form of production (and the original form) from the rear base so massively, that this now has to be completely rebuilt by Mr. Heiermann

• 教えて下さい!!お願いします!!

I always assign private students the fun of composing a line or two as well as learning the ones I've given them, this seems to bring the whole thing closer to home somehow. 私は常に生徒達に、与えられた練習曲を学ぶことだけでなく 作曲の楽しさについても指導しています。 (↑ここまでは、このように訳してみたのですが・・・) ??これは、なぜか音楽を学ぶのにとても役立っているようです。?? ↑これあっていると思いますか?

• 未来完了について

When flirting, I adhere to those rules—you know, the ones that instruct you to smile, maintain eye contact, and be your fabulous, witty self! It seems to me, however, that these "rules" just aren't cutting it. I'll have developed a great rapport with a guy, but all that smiling proves to be a waste of effort when he fails to ask for my number. I'll have developed a great rapport with a guyのところを和訳するとどうなるでしょうか?仮定の話をしているのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 和訳をお願いします。お手数をおかけします。

I would just like to ask what makes this particular razor more expensive than your other ones? I may be interested in this one with the discount, but would like to find out more.

• 関係詞の問題で困っています。

関係詞の問題で困っています。だれかお願いします。 Q(  )に入る適当な語を記号で答えなさい。 1.(  ) surprised me most was a huge rock. (1)That (2)Who (3)Which (4)What 2.He is not (  ) he used to be. (1)which (2)who (3)that (4)what 3.This is the house (  ) Picasso lived as a child. (1)where (2)which (3)in where (4)when 4.This is the house (  ) John bought ten years ago. (1)where (2)which (3)in which (4)when 5.I went to Hong Kong,(  ) as warm as I had expected. (1)when wasn't (2)where it wasn't (3)where wasn't (4)which it wasn't 6.Tom said he was ill,(  ) was a lie. (1)who (2)which (3)that (4)when 7.The man (  ) I thought was a friend of mine turned out to be a stranger. (1)who (2)whose (3)whom (4)of which

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

I'm only voting for women for now on (when possible) I think that any politician that has to step down for sexually inappropriate behavior should be replaced by a woman. Most of this partisan people hating wouldn't be happening if chicks ran the gov. I'm serious. The modern white male politician is broken and not to be trusted.