Would enrolling in Social Security Disability Insurance mean the end of active job searches?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Enrolling in Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) has been recommended to me by two disability counselors. However, my parents are concerned that if I enroll, it would mean the end of my active job searches.
  • I am in my 40s, unemployed, and have seizures. Disability counselors have advised me to enroll in Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI). But my parents fear that doing so would put an end to my efforts to find a job.
  • Should I enroll in Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) even though my parents are worried that it would halt my search for employment? I am unemployed, in my 40s, and have seizures.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

よろしくお願いします

I am unemployed, am in my 40s and have seizures. I have had two disability counselors recommend that I enroll in Social Security Disability Insurance. My stubborn parents are obsessed with my finding a job and afraid that my enrolling in Social Security would give me the money needed to move out and be the end of active employment searches. be the end of active employment searchesはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4123/5358)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

be the end of active employment searchesはどのような意味でしょうか?  (私の頑固な両親は、私は職を探すべきだと気違いじみていて、社会保障に加入すれば(自分たちを捨てて)家から出て行くに必要な金が手に入るので)積極的に職探しをするのをやめてしまう(と恐れている。)

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。

その他の回答 (1)

• stss08n
  • ベストアンサー率16% (454/2762)
回答No.2

私は失業していて40代ですが、迷っています。 私が社会保障障害保険に加入することを、2件の障害カウンセラーに勧められました。 私の頑固な両親は私が仕事を見つけることに夢中でありながら、私が社会保障に加入することは、私が外出して積極的な就職活動の終わりになるのではと、必要なお金を与えることを恐れています。 be the end of active employment searches 積極的な就職活動の終わりでは

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• よろしくお願いします

I am seeking some advice. I have a disability, and my place of employment is discriminating against me based on that disability. I finally filed a complaint with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and waited. Having heard nothing, I phoned just to make sure the EEOC got the forms. After repeatedly calling, I finally had a return call stating that my case had been automatically deleted from the EEOC's computer system after 90 days because of inactivity. I went to the local EEOC office to file my complaint in person, but with interview questions such as "Why are you here, because you have not lost your job?" it became uncomfortable, as well as insulting. Am I wrong in believing that no one should be told one's harassment or discrimination is unimportant because one is still employed? The officer then directed me to another agency but said not to tell that agency I am disabled, because it would be referred back to the EEOC. my place of employmentはmy workplaceと言っても同じことでしょうか?あと、be referred back toの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• charge

I am a woman in my late 20s who works at a small nonprofit, and my salary barely covers my bills. For the past several years I have charged things that were out of my price range but were reasonable expenses for my social circle. charged things that were out of my price rangeはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英文についての質問です。

My passionate interest in social justice and social responsibility has always stood in curious contrast to a marked lack of desire for direct association with men and women. I am a horse for single harness, not cut out for tandem or team work. I have never belonged wholeheartedly to country or state, to my circle of friends, or even to my own family. These ties have always been accompanied by a vague aloofness, and the wish to withdraw into myself increases with the years. Such isolation is sometimes bitter, but I do not regret being cut off from the understanding and sympathy of other men. I lose something by it, to be sure, but I am compensated for it in being rendered independent of the customs, opinions, and prejudices of others, and am not tempted to rest my peace of mind upon such shifting foundations. (What I Believe by A. Einstein) 意味がとれないところを教えてください。 1)My passionate interest in social justice and social responsibility has always stood in curious contrast to a marked lack of desire for direct association with men and women. a marked lack of desire for direct association with men and women.は、 男女の直接的な付き合いに対する要求の著しい欠如、ですか? stood in curious contrast とはどういう意味ですか? (特にcuriousの意味合いが掴みにくいです) 一般的な男女間のことには興味がない、というようなことを言っているのでしょうか? 2)I am a horse for single harness 私はたったひとつの馬具のための馬です(?)とはどういう意味ですか? よろしくお願いいたします。

• 訳し方を教えてください

Members of my family love to extend invitations to birthday parties at a restaurant of their choice, and they expect you to bring a gift and pay for your own meal. It is my understanding that the host handles the food bill in expectation that the guests will bring gifts and have a great time. This is the way I have known it to be done. Now that I live in the South, social etiquette among my family members has become strained and has caused me to decline invitations. ここでのstrainedの訳し方を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 和訳お願い致します。

While writing the first chapters of the present volume, I intended that the latter half of it should be devoted to a con sideration of this question, and therefore in " Animal Intelli gence " I said that such would be the case. But as the work proceeded it soon became evident that a full treat ment of this question would require more space than could be allowed in a single volume, without seriously curtailing both the consideration of this question itself and also that of mental evolution, as this is exhibited in the animal kingdom. I therefore determined on restricting the present essay to a consideration of mental evolution in animal, and on reserv ing for subsequent publication all the material which I have collected beaiing on mental evolution in man. I cannot yet say how long it will be before I can feel that I am justified in publishing my researches concerning this branch of my subject ; for the more that I have investigated it, the more have I found that it grows, as it were, in three dimensions— in depth, width, and complexity. But at whatever time I shall be able to publish the third and final instalment of my work, it will of course rest upon the basis supplied by the present essay, as this rests upon the basis supplied by the previous one.

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

I am wondering whether we live in an age when I can get my social fill in my time at the Y, swimming and in coffee shops, socializing as the extrovert that I am. https://www.arcamax.com/healthandspirit/lifeadvice/dearannie/s-2032705 和訳をよろしくお願いします

• ■I am of the opinion that~について

■I am of the opinion that~について be of the opinion thatで「~という意見である」と訳出されます。 このbeとofのつながりが妙に不自然な気がします。 (※根拠はないのですが……) 文法的には名詞の前について形容詞化する、というのがあります。 be of interestなど。 しかし、このofとはニュアンスが違うのでは、と思っています。 (1)I have the opinion that~でも問題ないなら、 このofはhaveの変形と理解してもいいのでしょうか? (2)また、I am of the opinion that~のうな構造をした表現があるのなら、教えてください よろしくお願いします。

• ANDで区切られている前と後の文法?

よく長文で、andで区切られていて、andの後ろに来るものには主語がない文章があると思うのですが、文法というかルールがいまいちよく分かりません。 例: I am interested in working with xxxx and believe that my...(略) ネットで見つけてきた例文なのですが、be interested inの後に、and、そしてbeliveが来ています。be動詞が頭にあるのでbelievingになるような気がしたんですが、こういうものですか?短く例を出すと、I am hungry and thirsty.のように、andの後ろに来るものもI amに続くようにしないといけないと思っていました。 文法というほどのものでもありませんが、英語圏ではどのような使われ方が自然で、どういうときにandでつなげてるのか、教えてください。よろしくお願いします!

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

My partner and I have a disagreement about charitable giving. My partner says that it’s better to let money gain interest in your account and donate it all at the end of your life, whereas I say that in donating to the right causes yearly, your money “grows interest” in terms of how the recipients of your donations make use of it. It does not seem, however, that it’s easy to be confident in which approach yields a greater bounty. 全文の和訳を長いですが、どうぞよろしくお願いします

• 英訳をお願いします。若干、難しめ。

I see that you have many straight razors for sale. I am in the process of opening a 'Shaving Store' in Southern California. I would be interested in purchasing a number of quality straight razors for my stock. Would you be interested in selling a number of your razors to me at a price level that would allow me to resell them ? Please advise and thank you for your kind consideration to this matter.