• ベストアンサー

the wake was catered

My grandfather passed away last month, and the wake was catered by a close friend of the family who owns a restaurant. ここでのcateredはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9735/12112)
回答No.1

>ここでのcateredはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします ⇒「(私の祖父が先月亡くなり、通夜の会はレストランを所有している家族の親友に)仕出し料理を準備して賄ってもらった。」

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

My grandfather passed away last month, and the wake was catered by a close friend of the family who owns a restaurant. He closed off a section of his dining hall for our family. The meal included 15 children under the age of 10, and they were absolute monsters. My nephew threw his shoe across the room and then tripped a waitress. These kids crawled under the tables, poking us with forks and smearing food into the carpet. My cousin's 8-year-old daughter put open condiment packets in my purse and a baked potato in my mother's coat pocket and then mashed it into the fabric. 最後の文の和訳をよろしくお願いします。

• I'm sorry to hear that.

誰かが亡くなった、と英語で言うと、それを聞いた人は「I'm sorry to hear that...」と言いますよね?! これにはどのように返事をしたら良いでしょうか? 例えば、 A:My grandfather passed away last month. B:I'm sorry to hear that. A: ......... といったかんじです。 お時間ある方、よろしくお願いします。

• on his own terms

My grandfather passed away three years ago. It was the first death in the family I’ve experienced. I was absolutely in bits when he died. He was very healthy all of my life until that point. He had an ongoing “flu” for a couple weeks that turned out to be cancer, and he passed within a month of letting all of the immediate family know about the diagnosis. He did not opt for treatment that would have lengthened his life, which I absolutely am grateful for. He passed on his own terms in his home. He passed on his own terms「自分が思うがままに死んだ」?でしょうか?どういうことでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 和訳してください!

和訳してください! My grandfather passed away today, he,s in a better place now but I wanted to thank everybody for their prayers. I love you. よろしくお願いします!

• 英文の添削をお願いいたします!!

8月15日、全戦没者と祖父を想う日。 右上の写真は1943年にパプアニューギニアで撮影されたもの。 この年祖父は現地で戦死、享年23歳、親父が3歳の時のこと。 父は祖父の事を覚えていません。 67年経った今も結構身近にある戦争。 This is the day to dedicate for all of our grandfather, victims of WW2. The upper right corner of the photo was taken in Papua New Guinea in 1943. My grandfather passed away at the age of 23 when my father was 3 years old. The father does not remember his grandfather's thing. War stories are still living with our side, even 67 years passed over.

• cordialの訳し方

I grew up with two siblings -- a brother and a sister. My brother, his wife and three children lived near our parents. My family and I (wife, two children) lived some distance away. We maintained contact through holiday cards and drop-by visits. Everything was cordial, if not particularly close. In hindsight, all direct interaction with my folks was always at our initiation. Sadly, my brother passed away quite suddenly a few years ago. He was still a relatively young man. My SIL still maintained infrequent, cordial contact surrounding major events (kids' graduating, my father's passing), but that's about it. しばしばcordialの適した訳が辞書にないのですが、ここで出てくる2つはどう訳したら良いでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 1~10の疑問文に()内の語を用いて短く答えてください

1.Who cooks dinner?(Mother) 2.Who is in the car?(Our grand parents) 3.Who can play the piano best?(Natsuko) 4.Who painted the picture?(Keiji) 5.Who was running in the park?(My friends) 6.Who has broken the vase?(I) 7.Who was given the gloves?(Ayumi) 8.Who will come here tommorow?(My teacher)9.Who has to write report?(Hitomi) 10.Which is the shortest month?(February)

• 過去進行形

DEAR ABBY: My friend was telling me about the delicious dinner he had last night at a local restaurant. https://www.arcamax.com/healthandspirit/lifeadvice/dearabby/s-2545992 My friend was telling meはなぜMy friend told meではなく過去進行形で書いているのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 訳をよろしくお願いします

My “aunt Rhonda,” my mom’s best friend who lives several states away, has recently come out as an avid member of the alt-right movement, along with the rest of her family. This was shocking, considering they seemed to be otherwise for years. considering they seemed to be otherwiseの訳をよろしくお願いします

• ナチュラルな英訳お願いします(その52)

秘密結社のみなさん、おはようございます。 英訳宜しくお願い致します。 1 こんな爺さんになれたら嬉しいな。 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oaAkCAAlW8 I wanna be a man like this kind of old man who can understand humor. 2 そして葬式もこんな感じでやってくれたらオレは嬉しい。 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edTV4zJC-j0 If my family will hold a showly funeral,I will be soooo happy when I passed away . 3 これじゃあ、一生ヒラに決まってるよな。  My company's decision is absolutely proper. 4 娘が小さい時、友達のお父さんだったらよかったと言った。  When my daughter was a child,she said to me that I want you are my friend's dad. 5 オレだって谷あり谷ありのじんせいだったんだぞ。  I have lived a hard, harder, hardest times!! (オレだけに通じる名訳だと思うけどなぁ・・・・) 秘密結社のみなさん英訳宜しくお願いします。