• ベストアンサー

ニュアンスの違い

I never forget an occasion and bought her lovely gifts for Valentine's Day, her birthday and our anniversary. She got me nothing. She got me nothing.はShe gave me nothing.とどうニュアンスが違うでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4114/5348)
  • 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9717/12085)
回答No.2

>She got me nothing.はShe gave me nothing.とどうニュアンスが違うでしょうか? ⇒意味の範囲が違うと思います。次のように、「gotの方がgaveより広い」意味を表します。 She gave me nothing.:「私に何の贈り物もくれなかった」。 She got me nothing.:「私に(贈り物を含め)何もしてくれなかった」。 つまり、言い換えれば、 She got me nothing.=She didn't give me anything nor didn't do anything for me. つまり、例えば、「贈り物もくれないし、“いつもありがとう”の肩もみの1つもしてくれなかった」というようなニュアンスでしょう。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご返信が遅れました。ご回答ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (2)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.3

#1です。補足です。  「意味が希薄」と言っちまったので、その説明です。動詞には文法的には必要だが、意味はあまり要らないないのと、意味的に濃密なのとあります。  文法的な例は be動詞で、現在形では使わない言語もあり、英語でも見出しでは省略されます。get は、give より意味が薄いと言ったのはそう言う意味です。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご返信が遅れました。ご回答ありがとうございます

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

She got me nothing.はShe gave me nothing.とどうニュアンスが違うでしょうか? get は、 give より意味が希薄です。ここで言いたいのは nothing ということで、それ以外は意味が薄いほど「要点」が強く出ます。 その違いでしょう。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご返信が遅れました。ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• よろしくお願いします

Last year, she bought a new home and recruited me to help her move. I pitched in but also gave her space to deal with the masses of shopping bags that had never been unpacked full of duplicate bags of chips and other storage bags, gave her spaceとはどういうことでしょうか?あと、duplicate bags of chipsの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• getとgive

テキストに I got my glandmother a smartphone for her birthday. (祖母の誕生日にスマートフォンをあげたんです)と出ていました。gotよりgaveの方がいいと思うのですが、なぜgotなのですか。

• 第四?第五文型?

Could you pass me the salt? We elected Tom president of the class. She gave her grandfather a jacket for his birthday. は、それぞれ大何文型でしょうか? 考えてもよくわからないので、教えていただきたいんですが

• 受動態の作り方

次の2問について質問です。 Mike gave his grandmother a birthday present. 解答は Mike's grandmother was given a birthday present by him. です。一方、 Judy bought her sister this pair of shoes. 解答は This pair of shoes was bought for her sister by Judy. です。 2問めの後半は for Judy's sister by her ではないのがよくわかりません。 二つの英文の違いは何でしょう。 たしかに1はMike's と最後のhimまでが離れていますが、それだけでしょうか。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 受け身

She gave me her pen as a remembrance of her. 彼女は形見としてペンをくれた。 という受け身の文を、 彼女は形見としてペンをあげた。 という文に変形させたいのですが、どうしたらいいかわかりません誰かお願いします。

• gave her a ring

A:How's your girlfriend? Is she all right? B:I gave her a ring last night and she was fine. の、「I gave her a ring」と同じ意味はどれかという問題で、選択肢に、 「I telephoned her」があり、これが正解なのは分かるのですが、 「I presented her with a ring」が不正解なのは文法的にまずいのでしょうか?

• 『The Lovebirds』1

Eleanor Farjeonの『The Lovebirds』という短編からの質問です。 But one day, when the children had gone, and Old Dinah was nodding in the sun, something lovely happened. The door of the lovebirds' cage had been left open a little by accident, and one of them got out. Old Dinah, asleep on her corner, didn't see. But Susan, awake on hers, did see. She saw the little green bird hop from its perch and flutter to the pavement. She saw it run along the kerb a little way, and she saw a thin cat crouch in the gutter. Susan's heart gave such a jump that it made her body jump too. She jumped before the cat did, and ran across the road crying, "Shoo!" ******************** Susan's heart gave such a jump that it made her body jump too.のところはどうやって読むのでしょうか? such~that構文だと思うのですが、 スーザンの気持ちは非常にジャンプを与えたので、彼女の体もジャンプさせた、ですか? なんとなくしっくりこない感じです。 教えていただけると助かります。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 文法でしょうか?

「わたしと彼女の間に座ってください。」といす文を英語に直すとき[Please sit down between her and me.]となるのですがなぜ「between she and I.」ではなく「between her and me.」となるのかがわかりません。

• refer

I broke up with someone a year ago. After we broke up, she unfriended me on social media, never responded to my birthday message, and stopped spending time with mutual friends lest she end up around me. Recently I found out that she is looking for new work opportunities. A friend of mine works in the same sector and has a job opening that would be perfect for her. She is extremely qualified, and I think she would enjoy this role. Should I reach out and let her know I can refer her? refer herはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• I understand she don't stole it............

外国人の友達に話したいことがあり、訳がわからない箇所があります。教えてくださいお願いします 1 私は仕方ないと彼女を許したのに。彼女は古くからの友達だから盗むことなんてしないことぐらい分かっている。ましてや彼女の子供を疑うなんてしない。(彼女がうちの子が盗んだと思ってるの?とキレてきたので) You know I did forgive her that lost my necless, I DON'T suspect that she stole it. mush less dont suspect to her kids. I know she don't person who is stealing something. I trust in her. 2 でも、彼女は私の言葉を聞こうとしない。勘違いしてヒステリックになって私に怒った。おかしいよね?(ネックレスを)なくしたのは彼女だよ!!?なんで私が彼女から怒られるの? 彼女の性格にはあきれた。 but she dont hear me and she beeing histeric and mad at me. its funny. why am I got angry for her!? who is it to lost?? thats her. Im too shocked to her.