• 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数8

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.3

1。cheep は、下記のように「ピヨピヨ鳴く」と言う動詞か、雛の「ピヨピヨ」鼠の「チューチューと言う鳴き声」とう言う名詞です。  https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=cheep 2。しかしHey it was cheep...には、すでに動詞 was があり、cheep には冠詞がないので名詞でもなく、発音が同じ cheap のような形容詞が来ると思われます。 https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=cheap 3。そうすると Hey it was cheap...は下記のようなことでしょう。  (い)おい、ありゃまともじゃなかったぞ  (ろ)おい、ずいぶんケチったな  (は)いや、思ったより安かった  (に)いや、お前があんな手を使うとはな 4。色々使い方はありますが、意外だったこと、非難の口調がある(例えば、1ドル札を出したのに20ドル札だったとレジから脅し取るなど)ことが共通点でしょう。

tsf12
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。

その他の回答 (3)

• Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9732/12106)
回答No.4

>Hey it was cheep... ⇒ネットで買い物をして、届いた物がひどい代物だった、ということを伝えるための表現と見ました。=「おいおい、安物のガラクタだったぞ…」。 《cheap 「安物」+ cheep (chirp)「ピーピー・チューチュー鳴く、ガキっぽい」 + chip「かけら、がらくた」》などのニュアンスが混じった「掛詞」(かけことば、1語に2つ以上の意味を含ませた・暗示した語)です。cheeapと書くこともあるようです。(「視覚方言」ともいいます)。 Hey it was cheep...=Hey it was cheeap ...。 ただし、Hey it was cheap ... とはしません。なぜか。 これだと単に、「やあ、それは安かったよ…」と、逆の意味になってしまうからです。

tsf12
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。

noname#239865
noname#239865
回答No.2

お安い買い物でしたね。 「Hey」が頭に着くので ちょと、小バカにした言い回しだと思います。

tsf12
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。

• hue2011
  • ベストアンサー率38% (2800/7250)
回答No.1

前後関係もわからないでどういえばいいか。 ま お茶の子だったぜ ですかな。

tsf12
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

I just had to leave couldn't stay no more, Down the elevator to the door It was getting to the point of no return. It was getting to the point of no return. It was getting to the point of no return.

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

Made it to Santiago Chile. I had no idea how far away South America was. I thought it was right below Mexico!

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Chester also commented on what it was like playing with STP for the first time: Bennington: When we got together, right away it was three songs from Dean, three songs from Robert, three songs from me — overnight! All this adrenaline was injected right into our hearts. If we got together and it was weird, it wouldn't have happened. But we got together and it was amazing. The new music needed to feel like it was us. It was still STP but it's me and I don't want to be doing a caricature of Scott. Live, I'm singing Scott's melodies and Scott's songs so I want to stay honest to that and present it in a way that people feel they're getting an STP show. … It's been an interesting and very rewarding experience so far.

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Core was released on September 29, 1992 with the lead single “Sex Type Thing.” Sex Type Thing was an anti-rape song, with Weiland singing from the perspective of a macho rapist. In a September 1993 interview with SPIN magazine Scott Weiland recalled the creation of Sex Type Thing, “Dean was out in the front yard of his house in San Diego, washing his car or something, and he was, like, listening to some old Zeppelin song [In the Light].” Dean described his memory of coming up with the guitar riff and being influenced by the Led Zeppelin song, “’Duh bug ngaow, buh-neh-neh-nah- neh-neh-nao-nhe’ except because the music was inside and I was outside, it sounded different. You know how you can hear music sometimes in a different way? I heard it ‘buh-neh-buh-neh-buh-neh,’ which is like the riff idea to ‘Sex Type Thing,’ and ran in and hit it out on the classical guitar.” Weiland's first impression of the riff was, “The first time he played it for me over the phone, it reminded me of an old-style Sonic Youth-ish kind of riff. And when he told me how he got the thing, I was tweaked. Hey, I write songs that way, too.” Dead and Bloated's guitar riff was based on an idea Scott Weiland hummed to the band, while the lyrics to “Plush” were written by Weiland and Eric Kretz while they were in a hot tub.

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

Slash Reveals How Axl Rose Is ‘Channeling’ Scott Weiland “If you got a hold of an old set list from 2016, you saw there was a set list and then there was an alternate set, which was just songs that we could do audibles with [and] move shit around. It was on there, and the band actually jammed it way early on just to get the groove together and all that. But it just never came up. Then, when we went into rehearsals for the European tour, Axl [Rose, vocals] came in [and went], ‘Let’s try ‘Slither’.’ It was never even something that we’ve talked about, but hearing Axl do it, considering he’s channeling a little bit of Scott in that, and then Duff and I sort of having been with that song since its inception, the three of us doing it together was very cool. I couldn’t put a verbal description of that feeling, but that was cool.”

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

There's been a lot of times though in the band situation where there's been some deep wounds. Like that press conference they put together in 1996, after canceling three shows. The same stuff was going on with certain members of the band, that I was doing at that time. That was that time, I'm not making an excuse for it, it was a horrible time in my life. As well there were a lot of great things going on in my life, but that part of it was miserable. But I don't think at all that there needed to be a press conference to out me publicly, that was my own business.

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

The band was not cool with that at all, but Scott decided to do it anyway because he said “hey if you guys don't want to play these songs, I'll do them myself”. So the band views Scott as promoting something that could alienate fans from STP, but they felt they couldn't perform those songs themselves without their legacy taking a hit based on how they sounded in rehearsal.

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

Like everybody else out there, I read about my band, Stone Temple Pilots, and their recent performance this past weekend with a new singer. To tell you the truth, it took me by surprise. And it hurt. But the band that played last weekend was not Stone Temple Pilots and it was wrong of them to present themselves as that.

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

Weiland is getting ready to embark on a solo tour where he will perform songs from the first two STONE TEMPLE PILOTS albums, 1992's "Core" and 1994's "Purple". "Originally, it was an idea I came up with for STP for the anniversary of 'Core' to do the 'Core' album in its entirety," Weiland told MLive. "The rest of the guys didn't want to do it. So, it was still something that there was a lot of public interest in. Having that said, the idea was brought up to me through management. I talked to the guys in my solo band, THE WILDABOUTS, and they were totally into it, as were the promoters. It worked out." ※ 『Stone Temple Pilots』『THE WILDABOUTS』はバンド名、『Scott Weiland』は人物名、『Core』『Purple』はアルバム名です。

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

Shepherd on the background of "Taree": ‘I remember moving to Kingston – we lived downtown and [you] look out on the beach and the water and stuff, ’cause it’s a bay, it goes like that. And there was this huge, like, fake Hollywood lettering – ‘TAREE’ – and it was all totally overgrown.’ ※ 『Taree』は曲名です。