• ベストアンサー

my wing of the school

I am a teacher at a large high school, and typically only interact with those in my wing of the school. my wing of the schoolとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4131/5368)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

my wing of the schoolとはどのような意味でしょうか? ここのwing は、下記の8「(建物の)翼、ウィング」です。  https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=wing  私は大きな高校の教師をしているが、普通は私のウィング(=私がいつもいる翼・ウィング・棟・部分)にいる者(=生徒・教師・職員)とだけ交際している

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• atとofの違い

文章の中で、「~の」の所で使うatとofの使い分け方がよく分かりません。 Is he a teacher at a soccer school? 彼はサッカースクールの先生ですか? This is a picture of my dog. これは私の犬の写真です。 どなたか分かりやすく解説していただけると嬉しいです。 よろしくお願いしますm(__)m

• 教えてください

My son will be a loved teacher at school. とあるのですが、 My son will be a teacher loved at school. 分詞が2語以上だから、これではいけないんでしょうか?

• story of my life の一文です。

The stories had little or no meaning for me then; but the mere spelling of the strange words was sufficient to amuse a little child who could do almost nothing to amuse herself; and although I do not recall a single circumstance connected with the reading of the stories, yet I cannot help thinking that I made a great effort to remember the words, with the intention of having my teacher explain them when she returned. 次のような訳しかできません。 模範の訳をお願いします。 その物語は少しも私には意味を成さない。 しかし珍しい単語のほんのしたスペルが自分を楽しませることができない少女を楽しませるのに十分なのである。 そして私はその小説を読んだことを思い出さないが、その言葉を覚えるのに私の努力があったことは、思わずにはいられない。 そして私の先生が戻った時、説明してもらおうとするのである????? single circumstance  がわかりません。 最後の文の  my teacher = she (returned) で良いのでしょうか? 毎度のことながら、たまに(よく)このような文が出てくるので、なかなか進みません。 よろしくお願いします。

• for(with) the purpose of

We have been training Japanese teacher () the purpose of offering our methods of teaching to Western nationals. (a) with (b)at (c)of (d)for という問題で、答えが(a) with なのですが、なぜ (d)for ではいけないんでしょうか? for the purpose of と、with the purpose ofの違いが良くわかりません。 どなたか教えて下さい。

• 英語について

Teacher of my school told me who junior high school student that ~ わたしが中学校の時の学校の先生はわたしに…を言った。 この英語の文章は、あっていますか? 添削お願いします。

• a bout of unemployment

I am 39, looking for the love of my life after a hard couple of years. My mother recently died of an aggressive form of cancer, and I only recently got back on my feet after a bout of unemployment. a bout ofはどのように訳したら良いでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• my の使い方

マーク・ピーターセンの「日本人の英語」三部作を読んで目からウロコがたくさん落ちました。その第二部「続・日本人の英語」に my の使い方について大変興味深い記述があります。 What did you do on Sunday? I went to a movie. Who(m) did you go with? I went with my friend. という例文で この with my friend には大変な問題があるそうだ。 my friend というと the friend of mine と言う意味になり、the が誰を指すかが話し手と聞き手の間に共通の認識がない場合は、the only friend of mine という意味になり、つまりこの人には友達は一人しかいないことになってしまうので、友達が一人でないならば、 with one of my friend または with a friend と言わなければいけないとのことである。 これは、大変良く理解できたのだが、では、友達(の一人)と歩いているときに、例えば学校の先生とか親戚の人に会って、自分の友達を紹介しなければいけない状況で This is my friend, Mr. Sato. は、やはり間違いなのでしょうか? 目の前にいる人のことだから、my friend で良いような気もしますが、自信がありません。 辞書でmyを引いてもこのような記述は全然ありません。 (まあ、この項だけの事ではないけれど) 出来れば英語環境で育ったような方のご回答を期待しています。

• school system

My son graduates from high school this month. There is a girl in the same school system who has severe cerebral palsy. She has been in the same schools as my son since kindergarten, and was mainstreamed into the classrooms; she even “graduated” along with the other kids in sixth grade. school systemのsystemはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• facets of my appearance

“Katie” has been my best friend for five years. I have enjoyed being friends with her, but she tends to be overly critical of people she’s close to. For example, she’s criticized facets of my appearance, my decision to date certain guys, and even my choice of program for a postgraduate degree. ここでのfacetsはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 将来の夢についての英作文で困っています!

現在中2です。 冬休みの宿題で将来の夢についての英作文がでました。 そこで色々やって作って、今日塾の先生にも見てもらいました。 でも、少しやり直しの部分がでてしまいました。 明日も塾に行くけれど、明日は完成したのを見せたいので できれば今日中に完成させたいんですっ!! 少し直したのですが、まだおかしいところがあるかもしれません。 もしおかしいところなどありましたら、アドバイスお願いします!! Hello, everyone. I want to be a teacher of cram school. Why? First, I like my cram school. It is a lot of fun. There are a lot of companions in the cram school. They help each other. Second, I like teachers of my cram school. Some classes of my cram school teachers are very comprehensible. And, they teach important things other than study. Third, I learnt the cram school is not only study. I'm very happy now. If I will be a teacher of cram school I want to teach a lot of important things. So, I want to be a teacher of cram school. Thank you. 特に私はThey help each other.と Some classes of my cram school teachers are very comprehensible.のところが不安です; よろしくお願いしますっ!!