My Overdramatic Friend and Our Extracurricular Activities

このQ&Aのポイント
  • I have this friend, “M”, who's a little overdramatic. Despite that, we are involved in the same extracurricular activities and have become close friends.
  • What is the difference between extracurricular activities and club activities? Also, could you explain the role and meaning of 'should'?
  • Looking for some advice on dealing with an overdramatic friend who is involved in the same extracurricular activities as me.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

よろしくお願いします

I have this friend, “M”, who's a little... overdramatic, to say the least. We are both involved in the same extracurricular activities and spend a lot of time together, so it seemed natural that we should become friends. extracurricular activitiesはclub(activities)と何か違うのでしょうか?あと、shouldの役割と意味も教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4123/5358)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9724/12096)
回答No.2

以下のとおりお答えします。 >extracurricular activitiesはclub(activities)と何か違うのでしょうか? ⇒extracurricular activitiesは、「学校のカリキュラム(卒業に必要な履修)以外の活動」であり、club(activities)と言ったら、もっと広い意味の「単なる同好会のようなもの(の活動)」ということになります。なお、clubの原義は「コブのついた棒」でした。これが、「棒のコブ」→「コブのような塊」→「人の塊」→「人の集まり・同好会・クラブ」…となって派生してきたそうです。(とんでもないものから、とんでもない意味が出てきたものですね!) >あと、shouldの役割と意味も教えてください。 ⇒これはいわゆる、俗称「びっくりシュッド」と言われるもので、「驚き・感動・意外性・残念」などの感情的な意味を表す機能です。日本語訳はさまざまですが、状況に応じて「~するとは驚き(心外・当然)だ」、「一体、どうして(~するんだ?)」、「~するなんて(参ったな、そりゃないだろう)」などの訳語を当てることになります。 so it seemed natural that we should become friends「だから、我々が友だちになるってことが(そうなるようなことが)当たり前に思えたんだ」。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (1)

回答No.1

57歳 男性 下記で訳出来ますよ ご参考になれば http://translation.infoseek.ne.jp/#3

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• よろしくお願いします

I have a good male friend whose company I have enjoyed very much. He's outgoing and likes many of the same activities I do. Should I ever need anything, I know he would be there for me. Shouldをifと入れ替えても同じ意味ですよね?何か違いはあるのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• has it together that well

I think we should start by acknowledging that we all have insecurities, especially when it comes to sex. We can all say we’re perfectly well-rounded and confident, but no one has it together that well. ここでのwell-roundedと has it together that wellの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• わからない英文があります

これらの英文をどなたか日本語に訳していただけないでしょうか? できれば解説もお願いします 1. Too many e-mail messages interfere with real work. We should become aware of the effect e-mail has on us and decide if we really want to spend so many hours on e-mail, instead of on more valuable activities. 2. Perhaps one of the reasons why so many are attracted to this statue after nearly 1300 years is that it gives people a sense of healing which is much needed in an age of uncertainty.

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

My girlfriend recently bought a vibrator for us to use together (we’re both women). However, it’s been a couple months and we haven’t used it together once. We have had sex several times, but once we were in bed and I suggested we use it and she said it had dead batteries. Should it upset or worry me that she is clearly using it on her own time? Should it upset or worry me that she is clearly using it on her own time?の和訳をよろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

So, recently I've started to crush on a guy who's in my friend group. We've already been shipped every single day, and we're good friends. We've already been shippedはどのような意味でしょうか?shipの意味に「~をくっつける[くっつけたがる・カップリングする]」とあるのですが、良くわかりません。よろしくお願いします

• 英検対策です。

Some people say that large cities should have more trees to make the environment better.What do you think about that?? These days,club activities at some schools have become less popular.Do you think clua activities are necessary for school education?? yesで応えて理由を~‥ Some people say that it is difficult to reduce the amount of fuel and energy we use. What do you think about that?? Some people say that young people today do not eat enough healthy food.What do you think about that?? In Japan,there are many shops selling secondhand goods.Do you think these shops will become more poplar in the future?? yesで応えて理由を~‥ 参考にしたいのでよろしくお願いします。 2~3行で構わないです!!

• hookup

I have a close friend I’ve known for 12 years (we’re both in our mid-20s) and we’ve been through a lot together. She dates a lot more casually than I do, but neither of us judges the other, and we both support each other’s approach to sex and relationships. Recently we met up for a night out and she brought a new hookup along. He was so drunk he was stumbling and slurring his words; ここでのhookupの意味を教えてください。あと、stumbling and slurring his wordsの意味も教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 英文の和訳をお願いします。

The little devices most of us carry around are so powerful that they change not only what we do, but also who we are . . . We've become accustomed to a new way of 'being alone together.'

• 英語長文の添削お願いします。

自分で余暇の過ごしかたについての英文を作成してみましのたで、長文で面倒くさいかもしれませんが、英語に詳しい方がいらっしゃいましたら添削をお願い致します。 英文で変な部分がございましたら、バシバシご指摘下さい。  My favorite leisure is to spend with my wife.  My leisure I spend with my wife change weather. When it’s fine, we make it a rule to go out sometimes. Since it is very tired with daily work, I would like to bask in sunlight and to reduce stress. There is the park that dog can enter in neighborhood. We have a toy poodle and go for a walk in the park with my dog. We spend to play to throw a ball with dog and play catch and eat a picnic lunch that my wife cooks early morning. If We become very sleepy, We can take a snap on the blanket or a park bench. Also, When it rains, as we can’t go out, we spend to watch movie on DVD. Because both me and my wife like American culture, we always watch Western movie. When we watch Western movie, we always watch not due into Japanese but English conversation with English title. Consequently, We can learn English with watching Western movie.  In this way, I spend with my wife at leisure. Because I can spend the special loved woman, I’m soothed the soul at leisure.

• hold it togetherの意味

I have a wife and child who have to eat and have to have a place to live and the only thing worse than work is seeing them go hungry or evicted from our home (my wife doesn’t workbecause we both want her to stay at home with our daughter). At least I have been able to hold it together for their sake so far. hold it together はイディオムでしょうか?意味は何でしょうか?よろしくお願いします