Feeling Excluded: Should I Stop Exchanging Gifts?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • I haven't been invited for celebrations since I moved here, while my sister-in-law's family always is.
  • I used to take baked treats over, but stopped. Should I stop exchanging gifts too?
  • My sister-in-law says Jerome doesn't like a lot of people around. I wish I could just get over it.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

よろしくお願いします

Here's the rub: I haven't been invited for a holiday or birthday celebration since I moved here. We exchange gifts, but they have cake or dinner after I leave. Yet my sister-in-law's family is always invited. I would often take baked treats over, but I stopped. Should I stop exchanging gifts, too? My sister-in-law knows this is hurtful, but she says only that Jerome doesn't like a lot of people around. Is he that uncaring? I rarely talk to him now, and I haven't been to his house in months. He has dropped over here a few times to bring produce or canned pickles. I wish I could just get over it.https://www.arcamax.com/healthandspirit/lifeadvice/anniesmailbox/s-2012276 take baked treats overの意味は何でしょうか?He has droppedは「立ち寄った」でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4123/5358)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

1。take baked treats overの意味は何でしょうか?   treat、特に treats は、下記の名詞の2にように「おやつ」という意味です。 https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=treat  これに baked「(オーブンで)焼いた」がついていますから,「(食後のデザートに)ケーキかパイを持って行った」という意味だと思います。 2。He has droppedは「立ち寄った」でしょうか?  おっしゃる通りです。前触れやアポなしの「ちょっとお近くまで来たものですから」的訪問のことです。  

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• よろしくお願いします

I have beautiful candy dishes for everyday use and for all the holidays. I love to fill them with expensive candy for looks. I don't have them all over the house. They're just in the living room and dining room. I don't keep them out all the time, but when I do put them out and fill them, I want the candy to stay. However, my husband just can't get it. I have treats in the cupboards and freezer for him, so he isn't ignored. He can have all he wants when I decide to change candy or put away the dishes, but he is always in the candy dishes. Another problem is that I have to hide goodies from him, or he will eat it all in no time. I will put candy, cookies and snacks in the freezer for our grandsons or company. he is always in the candy dishes.の訳をよろしくお願いします。あと、ここでのcompanyはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

I have been with my husband for 20 years. I'm 43, and he's 63. Our sex life has died. He is no longer attracted to me, and he has let me know it. His love is physical, not emotional. I am not the size 4 I was when he met me. As long as my body looks like he wants it to look, he's into me. If I'm a size 8 or more, he is not at all into me. I have a hard time understanding how he can love me for how I look. Long story short, my first love has popped back into my life. I have tested the waters with him, and I'm in over my head with the way he makes me feel. I haven't slept with him yet, but I have done everything but. I have tested the waters with him, and I'm in over my head with the way he makes me feel. の和訳を教えてください。あと、everything butはどのような意味でしょうか?後に何か省略されているのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• butおよび stillの用法

butの品詞と和訳の問題で、 (1)There is no rule but has some exceptions. (2)It is nothing but a joke. (3)Beauty is but skin-deep. (4)I don’t want any ifs and buts. それぞれのbutの品詞と意味がよく分かりません。 また、stillも同様に、 (1)Still waters run deep. (2)The stadium was quite still. (3)He was still in bed when i called on him. (4)You are tall, but your sister is still taller. (5)He had many faults, still she loved him. それぞれの品詞と意味がいまひとつよく分かりません。

• invited himself

But since the second visit, he has invited himself over a few times.https://www.arcamax.com/healthandspirit/lifeadvice/dearannie/s-2039650 とあったのですが、 invited himselfとはどのような意味でしょうか?単にcameとは違うのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 読めないところを教えてください。

"Signore?" I blink. The young man, the waiter from across the square, is right beside me, staring at me with a look that is half amusement, half concern. I wonder for an instant how long he has been there. "Signore, there is no other bus here for a long time. Where is it you want to go?" He speaks in English, and again there is a little surge of petulance in me. But then I remember how I must look---more so now, with the shoulders of my pale jacket splotched with rainwater, and rain running over my face, standing as if frozen to the spot. I shake my head. "No. I'm not going anywhere. I was just---thinking. I'm all right." He raises his eyebrows. "Your Italian is excellent," he says, switching languages. "I used to live here," I say. "In Italy?" I can't help smiling a little. His accent gives him away; he comes from the city, not this little town. He is more an outsider than I am. "No," I say. "Here, in Altesa. I grew up here." "Really?" he says, politely. I nod. "Before your time, I should think." "Ah," he says. "Well, come in for a drink some time, yes?" Guy BurtのThe Dandelion Clockからの英文です。 *********************************************************** rain running over my face, standing as if frozen to the spot のstanding as if frozen to the spotというのは、どんな状態なのでしょうか? 最後の "Before your time, I should think."はどんなことを言っているのでしょうか。 教えてください。お願いします。

• 重文に書き換えがわかりません

重文に書き換えです。教えてください。 1 We parted,never to see each other again. ↓   We (had) parted,but we saw each other again. 2 He grew up to be a fine doctor. ↓   He grew up and he (is) a fine doctor. 3 I hurried to the station only to miss the the train. ↓ I (had)hurried to the station,but I missed the the train. 4 He went to Africa in 1963,never to come back. ↓ He (had been) to Africa in 1963,(but) he never came back here. (  )内が間違っているんですが、どうしたらいいのでしょうか?教えてください。

• 翻訳希望

自動翻訳では、意味がわかりません どなたか翻訳お願いできますか? どうぞよろしくお願いします Looking at his chart, I think it will be difficult for him to end his marriage, He has Saturn in his seventh house. This makes for ties of duty, habit, practicality. He is not happy in his marriage. He feels his life is limited or restricted by his marriage. Feels very tied. There is some hidden problems in his marriage that he finds hard to cope with, periodically he wants to end this, but the practically prevent it. These problems and feeling of limitation wont go away very easily. I don’t think he will leave his wife or end his marriage. You also have Saturn in your seventh house in your own chart, so I don’t think you will end your marriage either. But looking far into the future, what I think will happen is that this man will drift out of your life, there will be time spent apart or not close, you may feel the relationship between you ends altogether. Yet strangely he returns. There may be a gap of years, then he returns when his marriage is over, and the love begins again, and you will at that time have a choice whether to end your marriage or not. This theme takes place not immediately but over many years. Nothing is certain, but that is how I think it will go because of the pattern in your individual charts, But remember our own actions and choices can influence the future fate too.

• ?I'm?very?bad?in?English,here?in?Br

?I'm?very?bad?in?English,here?in?Brazil?until?he?has?bad?people?in?English,but?I?think?the?same?thing.I?have?to?speak?with?you?help” これ訳して頂けませんか? お願い致します。

• 英語の質問です。和訳お願いします。

He knew I wasnt happy, but he was sure I would give him another chance. But there is no way I would ever start a relationship with him again.. Its over.

• 次の英文に誤りがあるのでしょうか。

和文:彼が何を考えているのか、まるでわからない。 英文:I haven't the the least idea of what he has in mind. 上記の英文ですが正しいのでしょうか。 私は、I haven't had the least idea of what he has in mind. 若しくは、I don't have the least idea of what he has in mind. のどちらかが正しいと思うのですが、先の英文に誤りはないのでしょうか。