• ベストアンサー
※ ChatGPTを利用し、要約された質問です(原文:英和翻訳 Tamper with Evidence)

Tampering with Evidence: Can Prosecutors Delete Testimony in Criminal Court?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Can prosecutors and government staff alter a criminal court audio Record of Proceedings without violating article 104 of the criminal code?
  • Tampering with evidence: the legality of deleting testimony and dialogue in a court audio record.
  • Exploring the question of whether prosecutors can conceal evidence by tampering with a criminal court audio record.

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2671/3943)
回答No.3

検察官および他の政府職員は、刑法第104条に反することなく、証言の隠匿を目的に証言や対話を削除することにより、証拠として裁判所で使用される公判の録音体を、意図的に改ざんすることができるか?

noname#229141
質問者

お礼

This is great, thanks!! I'm going use this however I'm going to change 政府職員 to 公務員

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (2)

• Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9732/12107)
回答No.2

>Can a prosecutor and/or other government staff knowingly tamper with a criminal court audio Record of Proceedings which is to be used as evidence in court, by deleting testimony or dialogue to conceal it, without violating article 104 of the criminal code? >検察官および他の政府職員は、刑法第104条に反することなく、証言を隠すために*証言や対話を削除することにより、裁判所の証拠として使用される公判の録音体を意図的に改ざんすることができるか? ⇒検察官および他の政府職員は、刑法第104条に反することなく、証拠を隠すために*証言や対話を削除することにより、裁判所の証拠として使用される公判の録音体を意図的に改ざんすることができるか? *to conceal it のitはtestimony「証言」でなくevidence「証拠」を受けていると思います。ゆえに、お訳の「証言を隠すために」を「証拠を隠すために」に変えました。これ以外は、まったくお訳のままです。

noname#229141
質問者

お礼

I was going to reply yesterday but spent most of the day 'Christmas shopping' ... and by the time I got back I was too tired. Thanks for the translation. It's good however "it" in this sentence means both the testimony and evidence. It does because the testimony is the evidence to be submitted to court. testimony = the testimony on the recording (CD etc) which is the evidence

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
  • 92128bwsd
  • ベストアンサー率58% (2275/3919)
回答No.1

検察官および他の政府職員は、刑法第104条に反することなく、証言を隠すために証言や対話を削除することにより、裁判所の証拠として使用される公判の録音体を意図的に改ざんすることができるか? ⇒ looks perfect! Only a comment is that "government staff" may be interpreted to "国家公務員” or "公務員” rather than "政府職員".

noname#229141
質問者

お礼

I should have known this... well I did however it just didn't come to mind when writing the translation. I appreciate your reply - you always help me improve, thanks :o)

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 和訳 by... by... by...

外国人です。 byで接続している文章です。なかなかよい文章は書かないです。 どんなふうに和訳すればいいですか? Defendants violated Plaintiff's right to access public court records, by maintaining a requirement that “permission” must be obtained from the opposing Prosecutor, to access public court records for one's own case for trial, by withholding, restricting and refusing access to the Record of Proceedings, and, by deleting crucial testimony and dialogue from the audio Record of Proceedings, to conceal it. 被告は、裁判のために自らの事件のために公判記録に開示を求めるためには、敵対している検察官から「許可」を得なければならないという要件を維持したり、公判調書の提出を差し控えたり、アクセスを拒否したり、アクセスを制限したりと、証言の隠匿を目的に公判の録音体から証言や対話を削除したことによって、原告の公判記録総てに開示を求める権に違反した。 英語はこんなふうに分けている: Defendants violated Plaintiff's right to access public court records, by maintaining a requirement that “permission” must be obtained from the opposing Prosecutor, to access public court records for one's own case for trial, by withholding, restricting and refusing access to the Record of Proceedings, and, by deleting crucial testimony and dialogue from the audio Record of Proceedings, to conceal it.

• 英和翻訳 submit a written

正しい日本語に書き直すことをお願いします Can the court refuse to allow a defendant to submit a written testimony, a statement of defense, or evidence to the court without violating the defendant's right to present a defense? 裁判は、被告が弁護提出権を侵害することなく、供述書、弁護書面、または証拠を裁判に提出することを拒否することはできるか? right to present a defense = 弁護提出権 (抗弁を提出する権利)

• 英和翻訳 Not Allowed to

正しい日本語に書き直すことをお願いします Can the police or prosecutor refuse to allow a suspect to write their own testimony, without violating the suspect's right to present a defense? 警察や検察官は、容疑者の弁護提出権を侵害することなく、容疑者が自分の供述を書き取ることを拒否することができるか? right to present a defense = 弁護提出権 (抗弁を提出する権利)

• 英和翻訳 a little difficult

下記を翻訳したいですが、そのまま2つの文章が欲しい。。。これは難しい。英語の文法は逆なのでこういうつながりは可能。。。さ、日本語はどうでしょう。よろしくおねがいします Can the police or prosecutor refuse to document or release exculpatory evidence for a suspect's defense, without violating the suspect's right to present a defense? As well as, right to be presumed innocent, and, right to a fair trial? 警察や検察官は、被告人の弁護提出権を侵害することなく、被告の無罪弁明の証拠を文書化または公開を拒否することはできますか?同様に、無罪と推定される権利、公正な裁判を受ける権利。

• 英和 3つの権利の翻訳

この3権利は正しいですか? The right to a speedy trial 迅速な裁判を受ける権利 The right not to be tortured 拷問されない権利  か 拷問を受けない権利  ←どっちのほうがいいですか? The right to present a defense  抗弁を提出する権利 ※上記はself defence ではないです。 Here is means to present a defense (testimony, evidence, statement/argument) to the court.

• 和訳 by the court

和訳はあっているでしょうか?添削をお願いいたします(外国人です) The primary purpose of the “Record of Proceedings” (what was said in court) is to allow the “Ruling” (the decision) to be reviewed by the court, to locate judicial errors and to maintain integrity. In other words, the Record of Proceedings is essential criminal case “evidence” needed to reverse incorrect or improper rulings. (法廷で言われたこと)「公判調書」の主な目的は、司法上の誤りを見つけ、誠実さを維持するために裁判が判決(決定)を再審理することを可能にすることである。言い換えれば、公判調書は、不当又は不正な判決を取り消すために必要な刑事事件の根本的な「証拠」である。

• 英和翻訳 of release

正しい日本語に書き直すことをお願いします Can a prosecutor offer an inducement “of release” to force a defendant to (falsely) plead guilty, without violating the defendant's right against self-incrimination? 検察官は、被告の不利益供述を強要されない権利を侵害することなく、自白を強制するために釈放の誘導を提供ことができるか? right against self-incrimination = 不利益供述を強要されない権利

• 英和翻訳の訂正をお願いします

内容は「黙秘権」についてです。私が日本語に訳したけど、全く自然な日本語ではないです。だれかが、自然な日本語を書き直してくれますか? *tradition (他のところで「慣習」を使いました→慣習を使いたいということ). human right = この場合は「黙秘権」 よろしくお願いします ーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーー Now almost 65 years later, this court has to decide whether it wants to continue with tradition, or finally recognize the human right that was forced into it's constitution. およそ65年後の現在、この裁判所は、慣習で続けるか、とうとうには憲法に強制された人権を認めるかを決定しなければならない。 Make no mistake thought, until this court recognizes or erases these sorts of false laws, suffering by the defendant and all those who go through the criminal system will be harmed solely because this court is contradicting itself. しかし、誤解しないで、この裁判所は黙秘権というような法律を認めるか又は削除するかまでに、この裁判所自体が矛盾している所為で被疑者およびすべての刑事司法制度を通す人々は損害を受ける。 ーーーーーーーーーーーーーー

• 和訳 exculpatory evidence

わたしの和訳はあっているでしょうか。添削をお願いいたします。 No right to submit a statement of defense, or exculpatory evidence; 抗弁の陳述書や無罪弁明の証拠を提出する権利は無い。

• 英和翻訳 Unlawful Entry 不法侵入

正しい日本語に書き直すことをお願いします Can the police with the intent of making only an “inquiry” enter the entrance of someone's home without permission, or refuse to leave after being told to leave, without violating the person's right to be secure in their home? 「問い合わせ」だけをする意思を持って警察は、ある人の住居に侵入を受けることのない権利を侵害することなく、許可なしに住居の入り口に入り、出られように言われた後出ることを拒否することができるか? The person's right to be secure in their home = 住居に侵入を受けることのない権利