• ベストアンサー

student loan deferments

My student loan deferments were all used up from my financially irresponsible early twenties. My student loan deferments were all used upとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • ベストアンサー率47% (260/542)
回答No.2

student loan deferments やforbearanceは連邦政府が与える奨学金の支払い猶予、または支払いの減額などの措置で、それを受けるためには奨学金の窓口に申請をした上で資格があると認定されなければなりません。それを考えると、used up はその資格が切れたと言うことだと思います。 「私の奨学金の支払い猶予の資格は、経済的な能力が無い二十代の早い時期に切れてしまった。」 irresponsible は、「無責任な」と言う意味が普通ですが、ここでは流れを考えると「(支払い)能力の無い」と考えられると思います。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (1)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

My student loan deferments were all used upとはどのような意味でしょうか?  deferment は、下記のように「延期」とか「繰り延べ」の意味です。  https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=deferment  したがって「私の奨学金返済の延期期間は(私の20代の初めに無責任な金遣いをしたために、言い訳けは)使い果たしてしまった」ということだと思います。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

I think [the inspiration for the lyrics] was all about being in my early twenties, young and politically self-righteous. Basically being young and full of angst and being angry at everything around me, including the government and my old beat-up pick-up truck that wouldn't start every other day.

• 短い英訳の問題です お願いします

「私の家族はみな早起きです。」 の英訳を My all family are early risers. としたのですが 解答では  「All my family are early risers.」 となっていました。 All をどこに入れればよいのかよくわかりません。なにか決まりごとのようなものがあるのでしょうか。 それとも、こういうものだ、として覚えるべきなのでしょうか。 All の位置について教えてください。よろしくお願いします。

• この文を日本語訳してください!

I was late on my first day because I was struggling to get back used to the system on waking up super early every morning!

• 関係副詞を含む文について教えて下さい

関係副詞を勉強しているのですが、下記文章の「from」が分かりません。 どなたか、分かりやすく教えて頂けないでしょうか? ・Across the street from where we were standing used to be a little park. 私たちが立っていた公園の向こう側に、かつて小さな公園があった 私はいつも、文を二つに分けて考えます。上の文を二つに分けると (1)Across the street used to be a little park. かつて通りの向こう側には小さな公園があった もう一つの文章がどのようになるのか分かりません。 (2)We were standing from the street. でしょうか?「from」は、私たちが立っていたところ「から」という意味だと思うのですがどこに つくのかが分かりません。 分かりにくい文章で申し訳ありませんが、解説頂けると助かります。 よろしくお願い致します。

• 日本語に訳してください。よろしくお願いします。

・I was the only student in my school who brought lunch with a message written on the napkin by Dad, and I still remember how embarressed I felt. ・From the way my friends talked, I thought they wished they also received letters full of affection from someone who really loved them. ・Attached to the card sent to him were the signatures of all of my friends. ・A puzzle or joke that appears to be nonsense but has an amusing answer. ・To get or pick up suddenly and roughly.

• usedの位置について

usedの位置について質問です。 Soon after the EXPO was over, the pavilion was taken down and all the paper materials "used" were recycled notebooks. 教科書の文章ですが、 all the paper materials "used" のusedの位置はused一語ですので all the "used" paper materials ではないかと思うのですがどうなのでしょうか? お手数ですが、よろしくお願いします。

• 高校英語教科書の和訳してほしいです。分かりません

lesson9 semitic people invented the alphabet around 1500 B.C. They changed Egyptian picture symbols to letters that symbolized sounds. Until that time, symbols had shown simple meanings such as animals, tools, and things from nature. The alphabet was the first system that connected letters to sounds. The alphabet spread all over the world. The shapes of the letters changed. The Phoenicians began using them around 1,000 B.C. About 400 years later, the Greek, so this writing system became the alpha‐beta or alphabet. The alphabet had been used for more than 1,500 years when the shapes of most letters were fixed by the Romans. Interestingly, every letter in the alphabet has its origin. For example, the shape of ''A'' meant the head of an ox . In ancient times , oxen were important for pulling plows . ''B'' meant a house and ''C'' meant a throwing stick . Things and animals used in the alphabet were important for the people who were living about 5,000 years ago. Lesson10 When I was growing up, my dad and I used to fight all the time. I was 17 or 18. I had really long hair , and he hated it. I got into a motorcycle accident once . I was laid up in bed , and my dad had a barber come in and cut my hair. I remember saying to my dad, '' I hate you ! I will never forget this!'' He used to tell me , '' I can`t wait until the army gets you . When the army gets you , they will cut all that hair off, and they will make a man out of you.'' This was in 1968, and a lot of guys went to the Vietnam War from my neighborhood. The thing was that many of them didn`t come back . And even if they came back , they were not the same any more. I remember the day I got my draft notice . I hid it from my family , and three days before my army physical my friends and I went out . We stayed up all night . We were all so scared . And I went to my physical , and I failed . I could come home! When I walked into the kitchen , I saw my parents sitting there.

• cnn student newsの質問

cnn student news Feb.11の”2012 Contenders”のトピックの中で3つわからないところがあります。教えてください。よろしくお願いします。 transcriptは以下URLのビデオの下にあります。 http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/studentnews/02/10/transcript.fri/index.html です。 1、民主党の(選挙)参謀ACK QUINN, DEMOCRATIC STRATEGISTがオバマ大統領のことを"When he goes into local markets -- you've been all over with him -- he sucks all the oxygen out of the air."というのですが、you've been all over with him -- he sucks all the oxygen out of the airの意味がわかりません。 2.ACK QUINNの次のHENRYの発言 ,"Allowing President Obama to road-test a potential 2012 campaign slogan popping up on new t-shirts that say "we do big things."の文型とAllowing President Obama to road-test a potential 2012 campaign sloganの意味がわかりません。 3.HENRYの4番目の発言の中で"And he may also be helped by the Republicans' muddled field so far"とあります。「オバマは今のところ、共和党の混乱した・・・にも助けられていかもしれない」と、だいたいわかるのですが、この場合fieldはどう訳したらよいのでしょうか。 以上質問が多くてすみませんがよろしくお願い致します。

• 英文が正しいかどうか教えてください。

I used to watch television. The song was able to know, thanks to television. I decided to go to high school after all. I have to teach my sister. After all, she is an only child. We can read book, for all we know the words. While was glad hear the news, my sister was sad. I was glad hear the news. In contract, my sister was sad. Tough I have gone to early bed yesterday, I couldn’t get up early. Is it true I had gone to early bed yesterday, but I have couldn’t get up early. です。 変な文や、こうした方がいい、というアドバイスなどがあれば教えてください。 よろしくお願いします。

• Steel beams were used to prop up th

Steel beams were used to prop up the sagging proof.という文の"sagging proof"のproofとはどのような意味ですか?調べたのですが、はっきりわかる例文もみつけられませんでした。 おわかりになる方がいましたら、いつでもかまいませんので、教えてください。