My Days: A Balance of Work and Leisure

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Discover the balance between work and leisure in my daily routine.
  • Learn how I manage my time by interspersing work with reading.
  • Find out the challenges of staying up late to enjoy leisure activities.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

interspersed with reading

My days generally look like this: Drag myself up around 11, work on things, interspersed with reading the news or daydreaming, maybe exercise, eat dinner, make small talk with my boyfriend who works a demanding job and is exhausted when he comes home, stay up until 1 or 2 in the morning watching TV or reading, and fall asleep fitfully. interspersed with readingはどのように訳したらよいのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4123/5358)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2671/3943)
回答No.1

> (work on things,) interspersed with reading the news or daydreaming, 「時折ニュースを読んだり空想にふけったりしながら(やるべきことに取り掛かる)」 ここで "interspersed with ~" は「~ を散りばめつつ」という意味を持ちます。https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=interspersed+with また、"interspersed with" は "reading the news or daydreaming," にかかっています。 つまり話者は、11時頃にだらだらと起床した後、やるべき事にとりかかる(work on things)わけですが、その間、ニュースを読んだり空想にふけったりという行為を散りばめる、ということです。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• 英文並び替え(with + O~)

次のような並び替えの問題があります。   I can't ( concentrate / me / my / on /reading / watching /   with / you ) .  君に見られていたら読書に集中できないよ。  自分の考えでは↓までは考えてみたのですが・・。合ってるのかな・・?  I can't concentrate on my reading with  分かる方いらっしゃいましたら御願いします。

• 自己紹介で言いたいのですが

My hobbies is watching TV ,reading books and using PC. という人がいるのですが、 複数なので My hobbies are watching TV ,reading books and using PC. で合っていますでしょうか。

• よろしくお願いします

My boyfriend and I have been together for six years. Lately sex has become sporadic. First I was on my period, then he had to work early, then we were too tired to do it or not in the mood and it just spiraled from there. Now we’re looking at around six months without. But I’m OK with it. I’m happy with just hugs and kisses and curling up at night. spiraled from thereとはどういうことでしょうか?あと、curling up「体を丸くする」?cuddleとは違うのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• roll with the changes

I have yet another question to add to your list of: "Why would you ask that?" I am a teacher. I just turned 65. The annoying question I get is: "Are you still working?" My answers generally are: "Yes, I am still working. Yes, I am still very capable and focused on my job. Yes, I can still roll with the changes and embrace the new technology. Yes, I still enjoy what I do. Yes, my students (and colleagues) still bring me joy." roll with the changesはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 過去完了・大過去完了について

英語の文法に関してお伺いします。 「私は彼と1ヶ月前に別れた(今もその状況)」という場合 I have broken up with my boyfriend for 1 month. 「私は彼と1ヶ月別れていた(今はよりが戻った)」という場合 I had broken up with him for 1 month. で合っているでしょうか? また、 「私は彼とトラブルがあり別れた(そして今現在もよりは戻っていない)」という場合は I had been in trouble with my boyfriend, and we broke up. というような過去に別れた点と、それより前にトラブルが起こったという点という感覚でこの文法は合っているでしょうか? では、「私は彼とトラブルがあり1ヶ月別れたが今はよりが戻っている。」という場合はどういう文法になるでしょう? 未だに文法が明確に理解できずにいます。よろしくお願いします。

• with something absolutely

以下のパラグラフの最後の部分の"with with something absolutely and irreducibly her own."がよくわかりません。ご解説いただけませんでしょうか? My only child has inhabited this earth for twenty-nine years, and not once has she come up with an original remark, with something absolutely and irreducibly her own. http://www.bookreporter.com/reviews/the-brooklyn-follies/excerpt absolutely and irreducibly はher ownにかかるのでしょうか? irreduciblyの意味も辞書の訳を見たのですが、よくわかりません。 よろしくお願いします!

• followed up with

I’ve worked at a 25-employee firm for over 20 years. I’ve also had breast cancer for 15 years. About two years ago my cancer traveled to my brain, and I had to leave my job because of the treatment I was receiving. I almost died, yet I never heard from my co-workers. Not one even called to say, “How are you feeling?” My boss told me he wanted me to come to the office holiday luncheon, yet never followed up with the date and time. never followed up with the date and timeはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英語のメール

アメリカ人の彼からメールが来て、何となく意味は分かったのですが何だかもやもやするので質問いたします。 would you get made if I feel asleep? Lay my head on your chest or could just snuggle up real close you in my arms ether or be fine with me ;) と来ました。get madeとbe fine with meの意味がイマイチ掴めません。何となーくでしか理解していないので、良かったら翻訳お願いします。

• “my boyfriend”の意味は?

I do have one boyfriend, and I will move into appartment with him. He is my boyfriend. 上の文章の「my boyfriend」は彼女にとって「恋人」に相当する人なのでしょうか?それとも「友達以上恋人未満」又は「ただの友達」でしょうか?どちらが適当ですか? 分かる方、教えて下さい!!

• get out of work

My boyfriend and I have been together for 6½ years. He went on vacation a few months ago without me (I could not get out of work), and he met a woman on the plane ride there. She is his age, had similar interests, and loves beer. He gave her his number with the intent of possibly setting her up with our mutual friend whom he was visiting on vacation. get out of workとsetting her up withの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします