• ベストアンサー
  • 困ってます

過去完了について

I invited her out for a nightcap. She asked me, angrily, if she’d done anything to offend me or make me angry. I told her that I wasn’t angry or offended, that I’d tried to do everything I could to keep the peace so we could have a nice trip. I apologized for any friction that might have come about and apologized if she felt excluded in any way; I told her that I’d invited her to breakfast every day and asked her out for a drink that night because I was trying to include her. The conversation became amicable. But the next morning, she was right back to nonverbal responses and furious journaling, with the power converter nowhere in sight. I’d triedと I’d invitedのところはなぜ過去完了なのでしょうか?あと、journalingの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

共感・応援の気持ちを伝えよう!

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • 閲覧数162
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • 回答No.1
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15293/33006)

1。I’d triedと I’d invitedのところはなぜ過去完了なのでしょうか?  第1文のはじめの動詞が、単純過去で、その時(=過去)の過去の話だからと思います。 2。あと、journalingの意味を教えてください。  普通下記のように「日記を書く」ことだと思います。ここもそれで説明できます。 http://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=journal

共感・感謝の気持ちを伝えよう!

質問者からのお礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。過去完了は過去の過去ということで、理解するにはまわりの過去形を探すことになると思いますが、どの過去形を探すかのコツなどあるでしょうか?

その他の回答 (1)

• 回答No.2
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15293/33006)

#1です。補足です。 >>過去完了は過去の過去ということで、理解するにはまわりの過去形を探すことになると思いますが、どの過去形を探すかのコツなどあるでしょうか?  僕は英語の先生でもありませんし、僕のような不勉強の者には難しいご質問ですが、書く人も読む人も左上から読むので、はじめの動詞が鍵かと思います。  正直言って、パッと読んで次へ行く癖があり、「まわり」を探したり後戻りをすることはないので、ご質問を見るまで、時制には全く気をつけていませんでした。

共感・感謝の気持ちを伝えよう!

質問者からのお礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。いえいえ、私はSPS700をとても信頼してますよ。これからもよろしくお願いします

関連するQ&A

• 中学校の英文法の問題です。

中学校の英文法の問題です。 (1)と同じような内容の文にするためには(2)の下線部はどうなるでしょうか? so~that...の文でfor her to speak..といった形は初めてなので、想像がつきません。 (1)She was too shocked to speak any more. (2)She was so shocked that________ ________ ________for her to speak any more. 宜しくお願いいたします。

• 過去完了

Yesterday, my boss asked to see me and told me that she'd gotten some feedback from people in the lab. she'd gottenが過去完了なのは、told meの前のことだからという理解で良いでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 訳をお願いします。

They really need her to come clean with anything else she knows about Phillip . I told her Phillip is not the man he portrayed himself to be . He never was . He used his con game for his first victim and then again on Katie Calloway , the victim he was in prison for before he kidnapped me . It's always been about what's best for him . All those times he would say the angels protected him that day that he took me from hill never once did he even think that I was the one in need of protection that day . I'd like to believe she felt badly for me all those years , but in a way it was always a selfish act on her part . Yes , she didn't want me to go through all that , but to turn a blind eye to what she knew he was doing to an eleven-year-old girl . How could she splits and other things , all for her husband ? She said she hoped one day that my mom could forgive her , and I said I wouldn't hold out for that . ある本の中の一節で、三箇所抜き出しました。わからないので、訳を教えてください。お願いします。

• 過去完了について

She had tried to conceive a baby for many years, but she ended up miscarrying every time. She was on the verge of giving up on becoming a mother. After all, it seemed pretty obvious that her dreams of having children had been crushed. Then a miracle happened. She had triedの部分は過去の一定期間赤ちゃんを妊娠しようとした、という感じでしょうか?had been crushedのところはなぜ過去形ではダメなのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 話法を変えて書き換えるにはどうしたらいいですか

話法を変えて書き換えるにはどうしたらいいですか 1 The man said to me ,"Would you show me your album?" 2 She asked her mother whether she might go on a picnic some of our friends if it was fine the next Saturday. 3 This morning my father told me that he was going fishing in the lake tomorrow and asked me if I would not go with him. 4 She said she hada seen her brother the previous week but that she had not seen him since. 5 She said he was giving a party that week but she was sorry not be invited to it. 6 I said to my mother ," I am thirsty . Please give me something to drink." 7 The child said ,"What a long nose this animal has!" 8 Tom asked Lucy what she thought of his plan. できたら和訳も教えてください。 よろしくお願いします

• 訳をよろしくお願いします

Millie has a daughter and a son, but they live on the opposite side of the country and aren’t able to visit now. Her daughter is 4, and when I saw her over the summer, she briefly referred to me as auntie. Millie pulled her daughter to the side and told her that I was not her auntie and that I was to be referred to by my first name. I was to be referred to by my first nameの訳をよろしくお願いします

• 4コマ漫画(3)の添削お願いします

朝日新聞の4コマ漫画の描写を英語にして英作文を練習している者です。 次の英文から状況が読み取れるかお聞きしたいです。また、文法間違い英語表現の間違いなどご指摘していただけるとありがたいです。 When a mother-in-low was just going out to a store, her daughter-in-low tried to ask for shopping. However, she couldn't remember a thing she wanted, so she decided to go along with her mother-in-low. She could't remember it on the way. Even while she was shopping, she could't remember it after all. Her mother-in-low thought that she should't have brought along her daughter-in-low.

• 関係形容詞whichについて。

She was told not to leave her house late at night, WHICH advice she followed. このwhichなのですがなぜwhoseがダメなのか分かりません。 She was told not to leave her house late at night, and she followd its advice. ならば自然ではありませんか? ※She said she could play the piano, which was a lie. ならば、She said she could play the pian, but IT was a lie. となりますよね。 ご教示、よろしくお願いいたします。

• 過去形内の完了形についてお尋ねします。妥協

1She told me she has been hospitalized for appendicitis for weeks. 2She told me she had been hospitalized for appendicitis for weeks 3She said to me that~上記と同じ ks固形内での完了形は1でいけば今もまだ数週間入院している、2では単に数週間入院しているとの理解でよろしいでしょうか? また、時制関係から過去形後はThe teacher told his students what had happened to Meg.のように続けるのが通例のように思えますが、has happenedとするすることで、現在もまだメグに何かが起こっているとも表せるとの記述を見受けたのですが、 結局、過去形後の完了形か過去完了化はその状態の継続性や状態の主観又は客観で使いわけるべきなのでしょうか? 解説お願いいたします。 また、余談ですが「仕事にも自分自身にも妥協したくない」と自然な表現も教えていただければ幸いです 宜しくお願いします。

• 高校英語

並べ替え問題 (1)彼女は彼をとても愛していたので、結婚することに決めました。 Such (for/her/she decided/that/love/him/was)to marry him. 答 was her love for him that she decided 私はSuch S is that~という構造もあるので her love for was that she decided と回答してしまいました