太陽系外の惑星の楕円軌道の起源について

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 太陽系外の惑星の軌道は、通常楕円形である一方、地球や他の惑星の軌道はほぼ円形です。
  • しかし、太陽の周りを周回する多くの彗星は、太陽を周回する他の惑星との接近によって楕円軌道に投げ出されています。
  • したがって、太陽系外の楕円軌道を持つ一部の惑星は、同じ恒星を周回する他の惑星との接近によってその軌道に投げ出された可能性があります。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

以下の文がちょっとよくわかりません

科学系の話はどうしても苦手なのですが... In most cases in which a planet has been detected orbiting a distant star, the planet's orbit is distinctly oval, whereas the orbit of Earth and several other planets around our sun are approximately circualr. However, many comets orbiting our sun have been thrown into oval orbits by close encounters with planets orbiting our sun. So some of the planets in oval orbits around distant stars were probably thrown into those orbits by close encounters with other planets orbiting the same stars. 最後の文がこの文章の結論だというのはわかるのですが... detectedはdetected asとasを伴わないのでしょうか。~として発見された、という意味かと思ったのですが。

• 英語
  • 回答数6
  • ありがとう数6

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • nolaneco
  • ベストアンサー率62% (322/512)
回答No.6

これですね。Wikipediaの中の 惑星系の中で、惑星・小惑星・彗星・スペースデブリなどは惑星系の中心星の周りを楕円軌道を描いて公転する。放物線軌道または双曲線軌道を持って中心星を公転する彗星は、中心星に重力的に束縛されておらず、その星の惑星系の一部とは考えない。 はじめは彗星の軌道は放物線なんです。それが太陽の重力につかまって楕円軌道になる。これが英文の趣旨です。 で、地球の話ですが、approximately ほぼ と書いているように完全な円軌道ではない。完全な円軌道でないということは、楕円軌道なんです。楕円て真円がちょっとつぶれたやつですから。ではなんで、ほぼ円軌道なんて話が出てきたかというと、ほぼ円軌道っていうのが珍しいからなんです。だいたいは、もっとつぶれた楕円が普通。地球の話を出したのは、太陽系のそういう特殊性を紹介したかったんでしょう。 そのあとに彗星の話が出てきますよね。さっきの地球はほぼ円軌道って話からすると、彗星も重力につかまってほぼ円軌道になりそうですが、そうはならない。However とあるのはそういうこと。しかしながら、(ほぼ円軌道ではなく)楕円軌道になると書いているんです。楕円軌道になる理由は、遠くから勢いよく飛んできたから。これは前の回答で書きました。 で最後の部分に話が移ります。彗星みたいに太陽の重力につかまって楕円軌道になるものがある。これを一般化して、遠くの星の重力につかまって楕円軌道になるものがある。逆をいえば現在楕円軌道のものは、もしかしたら、重力に捕まる前の昔は放物線軌道だったのかもしれない、と。 うまく説明できたか不安ですが、ご参考になれば。

wanydccany
質問者

お礼

なるほど!とてもすっきりしました。最後まで質問にお付き合いくださり本当にありがとうございました!

その他の回答 (5)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.5

#1です.補足です。 >>英語の質問ではないのですが、追加質問させていただきたいのですが…。ここで太陽の周りを回る場合軌道は円とありますが、彗星は太陽の周りを回る惑星に接近すると円ではなく楕円になるのですか?影響されたなら円になるのではと混乱したのですが...  二つほど 1。太陽の周りの惑星の「幾つか」すなわち地球と数個の惑星は、approximately circualr と言って、真円ではないことを二重に限定しています。 2。彗星の軌道は遠い星の引力圏にあるので、もともと円なのですが太陽系の惑星などに近づくと、そのより強い引力に引っ張られて楕円になる、ということだと思います。

wanydccany
質問者

お礼

お返事ありがとうございます。なるほどたしかにapprocimatelyでは完全に円ではないことを示唆していますね。http://www.astroarts.co.jp/alacarte/kiso/kiso10-j.shtmlで、彗星は確かに円軌道もあるようですね。こういう背景ちしきがないと少しこんがらがってしまいますね...。

• nolaneco
  • ベストアンサー率62% (322/512)
回答No.4

先ほど回答したものです。私もそれは感じました。円軌道の話をしておいて、楕円になるってわかりづらいですよね。こういうことじゃないでしょうか。 1 彗星が宇宙を漂って飛んでいる。 2 太陽の重力にひきつけられ、太陽系に近づく。 3 太陽の重力の影響で、軌道がグイッと曲げられる。でも、勢いよく飛んできたものだから、完全な円にはならず楕円になる。(地球とか最初からいる惑星は円に近い) 4 そして太陽の周りを長い周期でまわるようになる。 感覚的な説明にすぎませんが、参考になれば。

wanydccany
質問者

お礼

お返事ありがとうございます。あれからちょっと天文の軌道について調べたのですが、wikipediaではhttps://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E8%BB%8C%E9%81%93_(%E5%8A%9B%E5%AD%A6)とありもしかしてそもそも全部楕円なんじゃないかと思えてきました...だとしたら逆になぜ円の話になったのかがわかりません。上の長文あもしかしてちょっと矛盾しているのでしょうか。。

• nolaneco
  • ベストアンサー率62% (322/512)
回答No.3

こんにちは。 detect O で、Oを検出するという意味です。今回は受け身で、検出される。Oの部分は、orbiting a distant star 遠い星を公転すること 以上を踏まえて全訳します。 In most cases in which a planet has been detected orbiting a distant star, the planet's orbit is distinctly oval, whereas the orbit of Earth and several other planets around our sun are approximately circualr. 惑星が遠い星を公転するのが検出されるほとんどの場合、その惑星の軌道は明らかに楕円であり、一方、地球および太陽の周りのいくつかの惑星の軌道は、ほぼ円である。 However, many comets orbiting our sun have been thrown into oval orbits by close encounters with planets orbiting our sun. しかしながら、太陽を公転する多くの彗星は、太陽を公転する惑星に接近することにより、楕円軌道に放り込まれる。 So some of the planets in oval orbits around distant stars were probably thrown into those orbits by close encounters with other planets orbiting the same stars. したがって、遠くの星の周りの楕円軌道内の惑星の中には、同じ星を公転する他の惑星に接近することによりその軌道に放り込まれたものもあるだろう。 直訳的ですが参考になれば。

wanydccany
質問者

お礼

お返事ありがとうございます。訳とても助かります。英語の質問ではないのですが、追加質問させていただきたいのですが…。ここで太陽の周りを回る場合軌道は円とありますが、彗星は太陽の周りを回る惑星に接近すると円ではなく楕円になるのですか?影響されたなら円になるのではと混乱したのですが...

回答No.2

consider O C に対して、 regard A as B 日本語の「~が~と思う、わかる」という場合、 「と」的に as を使う表現もあれば、SVOC となるものもあります。 さらに、この「と」は think (that) ~のような 「~と思う」にもつながります。 detect の場合、detect O C も一般的でなく、 detect A as B もなく、 detect (that) 節を使います。 むろん、他動詞に違いなく、 受身になれば (be) regarded as ~のようになるわけです、 as を使うパターンであれば。 あと、今回の場合がそうですが、 detect O ~ing で知覚動詞的、SVOC 的に 「O が~しているのに気づく」は使えます。

wanydccany
質問者

お礼

お返事ありがとうございます。として、とあれば全てasがつくわけではないのですね。一つ一つおぼえていくしかなさそうですね。文法の解説ありがとうございました。

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

detectedはdetected asとasを伴わないのでしょうか。~として発見された、という意味かと思ったのですが。  detect は、下記のように普通の他動詞ですから、前置詞なしに目的語が来ます。 http://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=detect

wanydccany
質問者

お礼

リンクありがとうございます。参考にさせていただきます。

関連するQ&A

• 英訳をお願いします。

英訳をお願いします。 As planets orbit, their angle from the sun varies, changing how directly the sun's rays hit and in turn changing the seasons. 上の文です。 文の後半は分かるのですが、前半の、 As planets orbit, their angle from the sun varies, がどうしてもわかりません。 すごく困ってます。 よろしくお願いします。

• Ofからはじまる文

ときどき以下のようなOfから始まる文がありますが、これはmany ofのof以下がながいので、前にもってきたパターンなのでしょうか。Ofが前にくる場合は大抵このパターンなのでしょうか。文法的な解説をお願いいたします。 Of the more than 500 extrasolar planets that astronomers have so far detected, many are massive like Jupiter but orbit extremely close to their stars.

• この文章の和訳を教えてください。

3.1. Case of e=0 and i=0 We have first calculated 6000 orbits in the parameter range of b from b_min=1.9 to b_max=2.5 at intervals of 0.0001. It is already known from previous studies (Nishida, and Petit and Hénon) that no collision orbits exist outside this region.    The orbits vary in a complicated way with the value of parameter b (see Petit and Hénon, 1986). In spite of the complex behavior of the orbits, we can classify them in terms of the number of encounters with the two-body sphere, from the standpoint of finding collision orbits. The classes are: (a) non-encounter orbit, (b) n-recurrent non-collision orbit, and (c) n-recurrent collision orbit, where the term “n-recurrent orbit” means the particle encounters n-times with the two-body sphere. That is, n-recurrent non-collision (or collision) orbits are those which fly off to infinity (or collide with the protoplanet ) after n-times encounters with the two-body sphere, while non-recurrent orbits are those which fly off without penetrating the two-body sphere. Examples of orbits in the classes (a), (b), and (c) are illustrated in Figs. 2,3, and 4, respectively. The above classification of orbits will be utilized for developing numerical procedures for obtaining <P(e, i)>, as described in the next section. よろしくお願いします。

• 数学の問題です

問題が英語ですが、解き方と答えをおしえてください。よろしくお願いします。 kepler's First Law of Planetary Motion states that the orbit of a planet about a star is an eclipse with the star at one focus. The point in that orbit at which the planet is closest to the star is called "perihelion" and the point at which the planed is farthest from the star is called "aphelion". The eccentricity of the planet Mercury is approximately 0.206. The length of the minor axis is approximately 113500000km. Find the distance between Mercury and the Sun at perihrlion and at aphelion.

• この文章の和訳をお願いします。

2. Adopted assumptions and basic equations We consider two planetesimals revolving around the proto-Sun (being called the Sun). Here we assume that the mass of the one of these, which hereafter is called a protoplanet or simply a planet, is much larger than that of the other (being called a particle). We also assume that the planet moves circularly around the Sun without the influence of gravity of the particle. Furthermore, each orbit of the particle is limited in the ecliptic plane of the planetary orbit. Under these assumptions, the particle motion is simply given by a solution to the plane circular RTB problem. よろしくお願いします。

• VOA Space Telescope

The newly found planet, named Kepler-22b - is one of a growing inventory of nearly 50 newly discovered super-Earth planets orbiting neither too close nor too far from their parent stars and where conditions might exist that could support life. 分からないのは、where以下の意味とその成り立ちです。 よろしくお願いします。

• この文章の和訳をお願いします。

In the cases 1.5≦|b_i~|≦3, a particle comes near the planet and, in many cases, is scattered greatly by the complicated manner. Especially, as seen from Fig. 2, all particles with the impact parameter |b_i~| in the range between 1.8 and 2.5, of which interval is comparable, as an order of magnitude, to the Hill radius, enter the Hill sphere of the planet. Such a particle, entering the Hill sphere, revolves around the planet along the complicated orbit. After one or several revolutions around the planet it escapes out of the Hill sphere in most cases, but it sometimes happens to collide with the planet as described later. Fig.2. Examples of particle orbits with various values of b_i~ and with e_i~=0. The dotted circle represents the Hill sphere. All the particles with 1.75<b_i~<2.50 enter the sphere. よろしくお願いします。

• これの和訳を教えてください。

Growth of planetesimals to the present planets has been investigated by many authors (for example, Safronov, Weidenschilling, Hayashi et al., Greenberg et al., Matsui and Mizutani and Wetherill). Planetesimals, which rotate around the proto-Sun along nearly Keplerian orbits, repeat gravitational scatterings and collisional coalescences as a result of mutual encounters, and some of them grow to the sizes as large as that of the moon. They are called protoplanets, and continue to grow to the planetary sizes gathering the survived planetesimals.

• この文章の和訳をお願いします。

3.2. For the case e_i~=4  As seen from Fig.6, an orbit with a finite eccentricity curls (|b_i~|<4(e_i~/3)) or waves (|b_i~|>4(e_i~/3)) for the purely Keplerian motion which is realized when the planetary mass is very small or a particle is far from the planet. Therefore, δ, which is the relative phase differnce between the planet and the perigee point of the particle orbit near the planet, is expected to be one of the important parameters for determining the features of the two-body encounters. It is convenient to introduce, here, a phase parameter δ*, in place of δ, defined as δ*=δ-ε/(1-a^(3/2)).            (3・7) どうかよろしくお願いします。

• 訳お願いします!

テスト前で上手く訳が出来なくて 困っています(´;ω;`) 単語など誤りがあると思いますが お助けお願いします! 出来れば直訳でお願いします!☆ Probably(多分・だいたい)you know pluto(冥王星)ーMeiousei in japanese. Discovered (発見するの過去形) in 1930, it(冥王星) was thought(考えるの過去形) to be the ninth(9番目) planet(惑星) from the sun. Pluto is a distans(非常に遠く離れた) astronomical body(天体), and around(回る) the sun in about 248 years. This means(意味する) this means when   It was at its present point (現時点) the previous time(前回) , it was long before (さらに前) the USA won (勝つの過去形) her independence (独立する) from Britain(ブリテン=イギリス) However(しかしながら),what was its fate(運命) ? In August, 2006, the Inter-national Astronomical Union(国際天文学連合) decided to(~を決心する)remove(再び) Pluto  from the traditional(従来の・本来の) 'family' of nine planets(9つの惑星). But I don't think you need to be upset(心を乱す). This certainly(certainly~of…・…の確かな~の見込み) dose not mean(意味する) the disappearance(消失する) of long-familiar(昔馴染みの~) name of Pluto. Whether(Whether~or not・~であろうとなかろうと) it is called a planet(惑星) or not, Pluto is Pluto. It will continue to (引続き~である) travel(旅) its own orbit(私達の軌道) as it has alweys traveled from time immemorial(太古の昔から). I can almost(ほとんど) imagine(想像する) Pluto whispering to (~についてヒソヒソ話す)  us from the faraway (遠い・遠方の) darkness(暗闇・暗黒) of outer spece(宇宙空間=宇宙?),"I am still orbiting(軌道を回る) , no matter what happens(もはや~ではない)."