• ベストアンサー

英文和訳の質問です。

下記文章の和訳を教えていただけないでしょうか。 "Big-box retailers are back looking for space; junior-box player continue to be the most aggressive; traditional and specialty groceries are active; and our small-shop leasing also indicates a healthy trajectory." どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • 92128bwsd
  • ベストアンサー率58% (2275/3919)
回答No.2

Big-box retailer は、大型店舗。Boxは箱ではなく店舗全体を箱に見立てています。後でgroceries(食料雑貨)と出てくるので、アメリカで言うと、Walmart, Albertson, Ralph'sのようなみせでしょう。junior-box playerははじめて聞きましたが、Big-boxが前に出てきているので、もうちょっと小規模な店舗。 訳は、 「大規模店舗が(再び)場所を探している。中小規模な店は引き続き最も積極的だ。昔からの食料雑貨専門店も活発です。そして私たちの小さな店舗スペースのリース業もまた健全な方向性を示しています。」 食料品や生活雑貨の市場があらゆる側面で好景気になっていると言うことを言っていると思います。

Maki4474
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。 大変参考になりました!

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (1)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

大きな箱での小売業者はまた場所探しをし、小型箱を使う人は依然として最も活発に動いている、伝統的で専門化した雑貨屋は活気がある、そして小規模の店舗を貸している我々も将来は明るい。

Maki4474
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 英文の和訳

和訳をしていただけるかたのみで お願いできますでしょうか? 再び挨拶の部分に入ったようです。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 This reading is a totally hand crafted astrological reading done in the traditional way. Now Tomoko I will begin your Soulmate Two. This is the next long chapter in your Soul mate reading, and I promise it will be as enchanting, moving and illuminating as the original one was. It will add to the portrait and enhance the details, so that you can see him more clearly in your mind eye. In looking at this reading you are looking at the future with me, as if looking at a film on a blank screen. My English is poor and my words inadequate but I will do my utmost to faithfully describe him, his life and the details that the chart reveals. Your future and past are pictured here in your Natal chart. He is part of that future. Love is your destiny.

• 英文和訳 急いでます

1,How much do you want to spend? 2,How can I help you? 3,I'm looking for some jogging shoes. 4,Can I try these on? 5,How would you like to pay,in cash or with a credit card?………In cash,please. 6,Will that be cash or charge?…………Charge,please. 7, How do you like this typeof breakfast? 8,It's a traditional japanese soup made with miso. 9,It's a paste made from soybeans,malted rice and salf. 10,What do you think of Christmas here? 11,Whatt's your impression of our New Year's Eve? 12,How do you feel about theplan. 13,First,...Second,...Third,... 14,These are many famous oldtemples in Kyoto,for example,... 英文和訳お願いします 急いでます

• 次の英文を和訳してください!

We can only think wisely about what we actually know. No person, however intelligent, can ever "know" the Earth. Since none of us can really know more than a small part of this world,"global thinking" is an illusion. Wendell Berry, the writer and philosopher, warns of the many harmful consequences of "Thinking Big." He understands the limits of human intelligencee and admires the age-old wisdom of "thinking little." To learn how to "thinking little," Berry recommends that we start with the basics of life: food, for example. How do we confront the giant agribusiness firms that now control 85% of the world trade of rice, wheat, corn, and other grains, or the four big corporations that raise and sell most of the chickens that Americans eat? These large businesses produce food cheaply but destroy small, independent family farms. Moreover, the pesticides and other farm chemicals they use ruin the quality of farmland and water and contaminate the food supply. The first step in dealing with agribusiness is to realize that all global companies have to operate locally. Only at the level of the neighborhood grocery store or supermarket can they sell their products. It is here, at the grassroots, that people can oppose the big food corporations most effectively and wisely. People at the grassroots are beginning to understand that there is no need to "Think Big" in order to free the food they eat from agribusiness control. They are learning simply to say "No" to cheap fast-food products, while buying local organically produced food that is safe to eat and does not damage the environment. One interesting reaction to global agribusiness is Community Supported Agriculture (CSA). This growing grassroots movement is teaching people in towns and cities how to buy from local farmers who grow healthy crops. By supporting local food, farms, and farmers, CSA members are providing an alternative to "industrial eaters." Industrial eaters are people who care only about buying food at the lowest prise and ignore the harm done by transnational agribusiness. よろしくお願いします。

• 英文を日本語に訳してください。よろしくお願いします

・When two people are asked a question about the past and one is looking up to his right and the other is to her left, on which will you rely? ・It is natural for a person to give some indication when lying. ・If someone`s nose is wrinkled, which occurs naturally when we smell something unpleasant, it indicates that he or she may be telling a lie.

• 和訳お願いします!!

(1) It's not true that all Americans are fat. But it's true that too many Americans are overweight and that obesity has become not only a personal problem but a social one. (2) Statistics show that more than 60% of Americans are either overweight or obese. While some people insist that a person's weight is a private matter, American people pay for the problem of obesity through higher healthcare costs. In that way, it has become every American's problem. (3) I think Americans have a harder struggle than Japanese when it comes to staying fit. The main reason is the difference between the basic diet of the two countries. A big part of the problem can be summed up in two words : butter and cheese. They are the most common seasoning for traditional American food. Take this typical dinner menu for example : broiled chicken, baked potatoes, and steamed broccoli. In my household, we use butter for broiling the chicken, lots of butter and cheese on the baked potato, and butter on the broccoli. Butter and cheese are to the Japanese one. And there lies the problem. While American seasonings are full of fat and calories, Japanese onces are almost calorie free. (4) Moving to Japan, I lost about 10 pounds (4.5k) without even trying. It happened naturally over a period of years as my diet changed. I admit when I first moved here, I couldn't eat rice without butter and salt. But little by little, I came to like the Japanese way of mixing flavors, and ate rice along with more flavorful things like miso soup, pickles, and fish. Japanese are lucky to have a basic diet that is truly healthy and low-calorie. Eating buttery, salty foods every day probably makes anyone want junk food more. Of course junk food is pretty popular in Japan these days too, and I see more overweight people around than I used to. But because the basic diet is so healthy, most Japanese will not become overweight, even if they like junk food. よろしくお願いします!!! 番号は段落です(´∀`*)

• 英文翻訳お願いします。

It was in the late 1970s, after the end of the Vietnam War that the Boat People made news. These were Vietnamese refugees who fled by boat to Thailand, the Philippines, Japan, and Indonesia, and from there tried to get to America, Australia, and Canada. One day, there was a shocking news story out of Melbourne: two Vietnamese Baot People had been arrested and tried in court on charges of killing and eating local dogs. Most East Asian cultures eat dogs, but this custom has been especially common in China. In ancient times, both emperors and commoners ate dog meat, and sacrificed dogs in religious services. Later on, dogs became associated with loyalty, and people stopped eating them. Even so, dog meat is still widely eaten in South China. Eating dog meat is common in both Koreas. In recent times, the culture of eating dog meat was restored under the contemporary slogan. "Return to Traditional Chinese Ways." Methods of preparing dog meat in both Koreas are given in detail in classical cookbooks, and include simmering, steaming, and grilling. Nowadays, dog meat is bought in stores and cooked at home. You can buy it in drugstores and in markets in Seoul. It's a little more pricey than beef, but the quality of the dog meat is very good. If you simmer it like sukiyaki, bubbles rise out of the meat, and the smell is divine. What about Vietnam, the home of the Boat People? There are a lot of specialty shops selling dog meat, and they fill up with customers around dinner time. There are spit-roasted dogs minus their heads and paws hanging in shop windows, and they look delicious. It's just like the South China restaurants, where mouth-watering ducks and chickens are hung in shop windows to attract customers. The Korean shops sell only cooked meat. The meat is eaten together with raw vegetables, and washed down with a local liquor like shochu. This is considered a healthy meal. The meat from these shops is cheaper than beef, and is eaten by the average family

• 和訳をお願します

Mercury levels in the Pacific Ocean are rising, a new study suggests. The increase may mean that more methylmercury, a human neurotoxin formed when mercury is methylated by microbes, accumulates in marine fish such as tuna. The research comes as researchers and policymakers, who have tended to focus on atmospheric concentrations of the element, are looking for a fuller picture of the mercury cycle. US guidelines on methylmercury in fish are currently under review. It remains unclear exactly how atmospheric mercury ― whether dumped directly into oceans or carried there through rivers or coastal deposits ― is methylated and eventually taken up by fish, which are a major source of human exposure to methylmercury. But the new data, collected by Elsie Sunderland of Harvard University and colleagues, also provide a possible mechanism for mercury methylation within the ocean. The researchers collected samples from the eastern North Pacific, an area also monitored by research cruises in 1987 and 2002. They estimate that methylated mercury accounts for as much as 29% of all mercury in subsurface ocean waters, with lower concentrations occurring in deeper water masses. The group’s modeling indicates that atmospheric deposition of the total ocean mercury concentrations recorded in the mid-1990s by 2050. よろしくお願いします( ´_ゝ`)

• 英文翻訳お願いいします!

There is probably no meat as universally popular as mutton. It cuts across religions and cultures. For example, a Japanese research institute found that the traditionally picky Parisians consumed more sheep and duck than any other types of meat. A guest at a Parisian family dinner is likely to find a mouth-watering plate of roast leg of lamb on the bone in the center of the table. There are Japanese who claim to be put off by the smell of roast lamb, but that is probably because they have never smelled really fresh roast lamb. There are sometimes surprises in sheep cuisine. There are many restaurants in Sofia, Bulgaria, specializing in sheep cuisine, but if you cannot read the Bulgarian menu and simply order "the specialty of the house," you are likely to end up with roast sheep's head. This is considered a Bulgarian delicacy, and the tastiest part of the sheep. The British English expression, "mutton dressed as lamb," goes back a long way. Mutton is meat from a mature sheep, while lamb is meat from a young sheep. The phrase indicates an older woman who tries to make herself look young. The old English phrase "eat one's muttons with..." means "to dine with..." Sheep are not just for meat. In the Middle East, Europe, and elsewhere, sheep are free-range domestic animals who are loved for their cute cuddliness.

• 和訳をお願いします。

The Walt Disney Company, with the help of Steven P. Jobs and his retailing team at Apple, intends to drastically overhaul its approach to the shopping mall. At a time when many retailers are still cutting back or is going the other way, getting more aggressive and putting into motion an expensive and ambitious floor-to-ceiling reboot of its340 stores in the United States and Europe―as well as opening new ones, incluging a potential flagship in Times Square. Disney Stores,which the media giant is considering rebranding Imagination Park, will become more akin to cozy entertainment hubs.The chain’s traditional approach of displaying row after row of toys and apparel geared to Disney franchises will be given a high-tech makeover and incorporated into a new array of recreational activities. The goal is to make children clamor to visit the stores and stay longer, perhaps bolstering sales as result. Over the next five years, analysts estimate that Disney will spend about $1 million a store to redecorate, reorganize and install interactive technology. “The world does not need another place to sell Disney merchandise―this only works if it’s an experience, ” said Jim Fielding, president of Disney Stores Worldwide. The company plans to unveil the new look in Southern California, long Island and Madrid, and is close to signing a lease for that Times Square flagship. Theaters well allow children to watch film clips of their own serection, participate in karaoke contests or chat live with Disney Channel stars via satellite Computer chips embedded in packaging will activate hidden features. Walk by a “magic mirror ”while holding a Princess tiara, for instance, and Cinderella might appear and say something to you. It’s your birthday? With the push of a button, eight 13-foot-tall Lucite trees will crackle with video-projected fireworks and sound. There will be a scent component; if a clip from Disney’s “A Christmas Carol ” is playing in the theater, the whole store might suddenly be made to smell like a Christmas tree. The makeover happened only after much internal debate at the conpany. Indeed, some Disney board members fretted that the concept was so lavish that parents would try to use the stores as day care centers. Others worried that people would com for the entertainment but not buy anything. “ It’s time to take risks, ”Mr.Fielding said he told them. “When consumers are ready to spend again, we will be ready.”

• 英文で分からないところがあるので教えてください。(1)

今、海外のペンパルと文通していのですが、自身がないので1番と3番の英文が合っているかどうか教えてください。間違いがあったら正しい英文を教えてください。それと翻訳機では、通じなかったので今回は、翻訳機を使用せず、辞書で調べて書きました。2番は、辞書を調べても分からなかったので英文を教えてください。 1.Thank you very much for your interesting latter, nice pictures, a leaflet. Your niece and your cats are very cute! Your cats are very healthy. Japanese cats are extremely sensitive to the cold. So they stay almost house. They like heater. Japanese people don’t celebrate Easter. Almost Japanese people aren’t Christian. Well, I graduated a University last March. I had worked as a temporary staff member in A Office from 1 April to 31 August. I am unemployed now, I have looking for a job. 手紙と写真とパンフレットをありがとう。あなたの姪と猫は、とてもかわいいですね。あなたの猫は、とても元気がいいですね。日本の猫は寒がりです。だから冬は、家の中で過ごすことが多いです。彼らはストーブが好きですよ。 日本では、イースターは、祝いません。ほとんどの日本人はクリスチャンではないからです。 ええと去年の3月大学を卒業しました。4月1日から8月31日までA事務所の臨時職員として働いていました。現在は、失業中ですが、就職活動しています。 2.私は、民間より公的機関で働きたいです。 3.I found a group tour at a special price. I went to Korea, Austria and Germany. Its tour is much inexpensive than Hokkaido tour. 格安ツアーを見つけました。9月8日から9月17日まで韓国、オーストリア、ドイツを旅行しました。その格安ツアーは、北海道を旅行するより安いですよ。