• 締切済み

トリチェリーの真空についての英語訳をお願いします。

In 1648 the Torricellian vacuum was known to physics in general and to Pascal in particular. This is the vacuum formed at the upper closed end of a tube which has first been filled with mercury and then inverted with its lower open end in a dish of mercury. At sea-level , the column of mercury falls in the tube until it is ( )inches high and remains there, leaving a vacuum above it. Pascal was of the opinion that the column is supported by the weight of the air that presses upon the mercury in the dish (he was right; the Torricellian tube is a barometer) and that the column should be shorter at higher altitudes where the weight of the atmosphere would be less. So he asked his brother-in-law,Perier, who was at Clermont, to perform for him the obvious experiment at the Puy-de-Dome,a mountain in the neighborhood 3000 feet high as measured from the Convent at the bottom to the mountain’s top. On Saturday, September 19th , 1648, Perier, with three friends of the Clermont clergy and three laymen, two Torricellian tubes, two dishes and plenty of mercury, set out for the Puy-de-Dome. At the foot they stopped at the Convent, set up both tubes, found the height of the column in each to be 28.04 inches, left out tube set up at the Convent with Father Chastin to watch it so as to see whether it changed during the day, disassembled the other tube and carried it to the top of the mountain, 3000 feet above the Convent and 4800 feet above sea-level. There they set it up again and found to their excited pleasure that the height of the mercury column was only 24.71 inches, much less than it was down below just as Pascal had hoped it would be. To make sure they took measurements in five places at the top , on one side and the other of the mountain top, inside a shelter and outside, but the column heights were all the same. Then they came down, stopping on the way to take a measurement at an intermediate altitude, where the mercury column proved to be of intermediate height (26.65 inches). Back at the Convent, Father Chastin said that the other tube had not varied during the day, and then, setting up their second tube, the climbers found that it too again measured 28.04 inches.

みんなの回答

• phosphole
  • ベストアンサー率55% (466/833)
回答No.3

「英訳」ではなくて「日本語訳(あるいは他の言語への訳?)」ですか? https://www.google.co.jp/search?q=google+翻訳&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&hl=ja に聞いてみては? ただ、ちょっとななめみしましたけれど、だいぶん分かりにくい英語に感じますね。 これは何らかの書物からコピーされたものでしょうか・・・?

回答No.2

ここで翻訳出来ます(機械翻訳)

参考URL:
http://www.excite.co.jp/world/nifty/
回答No.1

>英語訳をお願いします。 既に英語だが。 英語以前に日本語を勉強した方が良さそうだ。

関連するQ&A

• 英語訳

The theory about life on Mars is also supported by something in the rock which simple life forms on earth produce. There is also reason to believe that there was once a lot of water on Mars and that some of it is still there in the form of ice. We may thus be able to argue that certain kinds of bacteria may be living around the ice. NASA has looked at Mars closely by putting two vehicles on the surface of the planet. 英語の宿題をやっているのですがここだけどうしても訳せません。 分かる方いたら教えて下さい。

• 英語の和訳をお願いします。

The unique contribution of the twelfth century to the arts was stained glass, which, like cloisonne enamel, the technique of which it resembles, was begun at Con stantinople and developd in western Europe. It is important to realize that the glass was stained, dyed, in the making, that the colour per-meates the glass, and that only painting, at least in the twelfth and thirteenth centuries, was with an opaque brown enamel used for drawing faces, drapery folds, and other detail. As glass could be made only in small pieces, these were ioined by strips of lead, a soft and heavy material that had to be supported by iron bars across the opening in which the win-dow was to be inserted. Obviously these bars could not be ignored in the design, which had either to be made big enough to be independent of them, or small enough to fit into one unit of the frame. At Canterbury the first method was adopted in the majestic figures of the clerestory windows, the second in the aisles, where the detail could easily be seen : Noah in his Ark, for example, which served as a type for the Baptism of Jesus in a neighbouring medallion. Against a dark blue sky Noah is releasing the dove from a window at the top of the Ark, a multi-coloured, three-storied structure with Ro-manesque columns and arches, against the stability of which the writhing ridges of blue, green, and white-capped waves are powerless.

• 英語の訳をお願いします!

Sometimes a person‘s whole life can be changed in an instant.Elizabeth Blackwell‘s life changed one afternoon in 1844 when she went to visit a friend who was dying.As Blackwell later described the scene, the dying woman asked her why she did not think of studying medicine, since she was smart and healthy.When Elizabeth reminded her friend that there were no women doctors,the woman sighed and said that if she had been treated by a ‘lady doctor,‘ she might not be dying.At that time, it was not considered proper for women to talk about or know anything about the human body. Elizabeth‘s sick friend had been so ashamed to mention her internal problems to a man that she hid her pain for too long.When she finally sought treatment, it came too late to save her life. Elizabeth couldn‘t get the dying woman‘s suggestion out of her mind. She decided to devote her life to medicine. To earn money for her medical training, Elizabeth took a teaching job in North Carolina.It happened that the principal of the school where she worked was a medical doctor.He had lots of medical books,and Elizabeth  to read them was free when her teaching work was done.She wrote to twentyーnine medical schools asking for admission.Most didn‘t even reply, and the ones that did were very rude.Friends suggested that she dress up as a man to attend medical school, but Elizabeth wanted to be accepted for what she was.A small medical college in NewYork finally said ‘yes.‘ Elizabeth graduated in 1849 at the head of her class,the first woman in the United States to receive a medical degree. 

• 英語の訳をお願いします。

One of the purposes of this new system, beyond allowing researchers and scientists to talk to each other, was the creation of a communications network that the government hoped would be secure in case of nuclear or other emergency. 訳をお願いします。

• 英語の訳お願いします

Americans were formerly often ridiculed by Europeans for tasking perfectly grand names and using them for ridiculously insignificant places. A settlement with only two or three log cabins and perhaps a tavern might be called London;two houses in sight of each other and wit a swamp between them might be Rome This tendency on the part of frontiersmen to help themselves to the best names possible accounts for our use of Capitol for the building at Washington, D.C., in which Congress meets, and for the house in which the legislature of a state holds its sessions. In October, 1698, the building in which the governmental affairs of the Virginia colony were carried on burned. The governor and his council decides to transfer the seat of government to a little village known then as Middle Plantation, the present Williamsburg, not far from Jamestown. They specified that a square of land, 475 feet on a side, should be set aside for the building they planned to erect. And they enacted that "the said building shall forever be called and known by the name of the Capitol." Up to this time Capitol had never been used in English except as the name of the great national temple at Rome, dedicated to Jupiter Optimus Maximus(that is, the "Best and Greatest"), the mighty national god of the Romans A critic took the governor severely to task for having "graced" this brick house in the wilderness "with the magnificent name of the Capitol," but the "magnificent name" has done well in this new use. It has spread over the entire country. It has only one competitor. Statehouse,another American coinage, sometimes tasks its place when a state Capitol is meant.

• 英語の訳が分りません

英語の訳が分りません 分る方至急教えて下さい お願いします。 A visitor from abroad had the following experience: "Within two weeks of my arrival in Japan. I was carried into a large hospital for emergency treatment of a very painful stomachache. My troubles were even worse because I could neither speak nor understand Japanese. It is hard to say which was greater-my stomach pain or my fears and anxiety. In the midst of all the confusion, however, I heard the soft sounds of classical music coming from the hospital's loudspeakers. As I began to listen to the familiar melody, I started to relax and to believe that everything would be all right. And, in fact, it was thanks to the power of music!" As this visitor discovered, music can have a powerful healing effect on us. Music therapy is especially useful with the elderly. For example, an old people's home in Toronto, Canada, recently installed a karaoke machine for its patients' use. The nurses were amazed at the changes in the elderly people. A few patients who had withdrawn themselves and refused to communicate began to sing and talk to each other. For them, karaoke singing became the first step to a happier life. According to certain theories, music fulfills three functions in improving the quality of life. First, since humans live in thei past, present, and future at the same time, music helps them to remember the past. Second, music, especially group singing, helps people to feel connected to others. That is, they feel less isolated and lonely. Third, music helps people get over an unpleasant experience. That is, music allows a brief escape from hard reality.

• 日本語訳をお願いいたします。

Maude considered postponing the operation, but was advised by General Alexander Cobbe to go ahead on the grounds that the weather was unlikely to get cooler in the immediate future and that all possible precautions were being taken to minimise the impact of the heat. A column was assembled at Fallujah consisting of the 7th (Ferozepore) Brigade, two cavalry squadrons, fourteen artillery pieces, four armoured cars and half a sapper and miner company. Three aircraft were also designated to support the force, which was led by Lt Col Charles Levenax Haldane. The biggest challenge facing the British was how to get the force to Ramadi, as the heat made it impossible to march there from Dhibban, even at night. It was decided to transport them in motor vehicles, ferrying them up to their attacking positions and hopefully delivering them in a fresh enough state to mount an attack. This marked the first serious effort to use motorised infantry in the Mesopotamian theatre. 127 Ford vans and lorries were employed to transport the men, 600 at a time, travelling by night and with tents to shelter against the sun during the daytime. Ice would also be carried to ensure that any cases of heatstroke could be treated immediately. Course of the battle Dhibban was occupied without a fight on the night of 7/8 July and the rest of the force arrived there from Falluja on 10 July. A small detachment remained behind to guard Dhibban while the rest pressed on to the Madhij Defile, 11 km (7 miles) to the west. They reached it in the late evening and occupied it without opposition, though Turkish rifle fire was encountered soon afterwards. At 01:00 on 11 July, the advance resumed to Mushaid Point, about 3.2 km (2 miles) east of Ramadi. The column did not reach it until 04:45 due to heavy sand along the route. As the force moved through gardens and farms on the outskirts of Ramadi, the Turks opened fire with six artillery guns, two machine guns, and numerous rifles. By this time two of the three British aircraft had developed mechanical problems due to the heat evaporating the water from their radiators and had been forced down. The armoured cars and infantry could make no progress in the face of artillery and machine-gun fire.

• 英文の訳が分かりません

英文の訳が分かりません But it had also been suggested by the book that he had just taken out of the drawer. it was a peculiarly beautiful book. its smooth creamy paper, a little yellowed by age, was of a kind that had not been manufactured for at least forty years past. He could guess, however, that the book was much older than that. He had seen it lying in the window of a frowzy little junk-shop in a slummy quarter of the town ( just what quarter he did not now remember ) and had been stricken immediately by an overwhelming desire to possess it. party members were supposed not to go into ordinary shops ( ‘dealing on the free market ’, it was called), but the rule was not strictly kept, because there were various things such as shoelaces and razor blades which it was impossible to get hold of in any other way. He had given a quick glance up and down the street and then had slipped inside and bought the book for two dollars fifty. At the time he was not conscious of wanting it for any particular purpose He had carried it guiltily home in his briefcase. Even with nothing written in it, it was a com-promising possession この英文を全訳してもらえるとありがたいです。

• 英語の訳がわかりません。 教えて下さい

In the summer of 1944, when it was noting for trains from the provinces to be five or six hours late, I travelled to London on the night train from Edinburgh, which, at York, was already there hours late.There were ten people in the compartment, only two whom I remember well, and for good reason.

• 英語訳お願いします。

どなたか、英語が堪能な方お願いします。 (1) This is charcoal. I like barbeque very much. I often have barbeque party with my family and friends in summer. It is really fun and dish is very delicious. (2) This is an autographed ball. I was given an autograph by Mr.Yoshinobu Takahashi in Yomiuri Giants. It is genuine. I like baseball since long ago. My father watched Major League games on TV in the weekend and I came to like it affected by that. (3) These are vegetables. I am working as a part time worker at the grocery store. All worker are friendly and cheerful and I am happy to work. My job is easy. (lol) Good points to work there are that hourly pay is high and I can eat many fresh fruits. (4) This is a savings bank in the form of Jizo (a guardian deity of children). It has good touch and I like it. No money is in it. (lol) (5) This is a seal. I bought it when I went to the trip to Beijing, China. It was made of crystal and by craftsman’s hands. I like it very much but have never used. (lol) (6) This is a photo of Tenanmon. It was very cold on the day I took this photo. It was very wide and the building had sense of history. Here was also a location site of the movie "Last Emperor." (7) This is a ticket of the World Cup. I went to the World Cup 2006 in Germany. I saw the game between Japan and Brazil and was very excited. Dortmund in Germany had very beautiful street and very tasty baked sausage 長文すいません・・・